PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Loans - here we go again!

JamesMcClean
12-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Just noticed this. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42327686

So, he's signing in January permanently, but joining now on this emergency loan caper. Since when have St Mirren been suffering injuries such that it requires bringing in players on an 'emergency' basis?

shedka
12-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Livi struggling for money? Weird to let an important player go to a promotion rival, I'm sure Cardiff were interested in him

GingerPetric
12-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Must be money, are they not getting crowds in the region of 1000.

Great article(!?!)....no mention/rational of why it was an “emergency” for St Midden to get him now.

LSArab
12-12-2017, 08:35 PM
This is madness. Surely there is a test to apply for an emergency loan.

This seems to avoiding the restrictions of the transfer windows - which I thought was a fifa / EU/ some sort of official requirement for the league???

stokearab
12-12-2017, 09:04 PM
I said the same last year when Hibs were doing it. They had a big squad and no way they didn't have fringe players that could cover. This is making a mockery of it and I'd be saying that if United signed someone on this basis right now. Total joke if you ask me.

JamesMcClean
12-12-2017, 09:17 PM
I think it's in place for lower league teams so that in the event of injuries affecting what would be a much smaller squad they can cover, or god forbid, one of their part timers bosses makes them do double shifts for a week so they cannae make training.

This nonsense, like Hibs last season is ripping the piss.

arab_pat
12-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Absolutely ridiculous but you can’t fault st Mirren for fiddling a f***ed system. Any club would do anything to get out of this league so fair play to them for finding a loophole and exploiting it. If only we were snakey enough to have done so

shedka
12-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Could score goals in their pre January games, including against us, it's a joke

shedboy71
12-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Could score goals in their pre January games, including against us, it's a joke

Agree with pat and shedka - total joke - but fair play to hibs and st mirren for exploiting it. Something tells me though this needs reviewed as an emergency loan in line for a paid transfer sounds highly dubious. But thats sense talking and these are scottish football rules

shedboy71
12-12-2017, 09:38 PM
on a more serious matter the big team with the small team mentality are winning on corners.

Anyone know when the corner table comes out - surely the sambas are in Europe already?

62Arab
13-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Would anyone hazard a guess at the response from the SFA if we tried to sign someone on an 'emergency' loan? As much as this annoys me, I think that we need to get smarter and start pushing these boundaries to ensure that we get out of this league.

LSArab
13-12-2017, 08:30 AM
We have got a great squad - credit to Raymundo and his team for that

St Mirren strengthening shows we can’t take anything for granted and we need to get better ourselves if we are to get out of this league

First and foremost is good signing by saints and shows their ambition

ahlltanyirhide
13-12-2017, 12:33 PM
We have got a great squad - credit to Raymundo and his team for that

St Mirren strengthening shows we can’t take anything for granted and we need to get better ourselves if we are to get out of this league

First and foremost is good signing by saints and shows their ambition

Sure this was explained last season in that it’s not officially termed ‘emergency loan’ any more, and that every club is entitled to do the same thing?

shed_boy_21
13-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Get a grip eh...

The day I worry about St Mirren signing players from Livingston is the day I chuck it.

PortugueseFrank
13-12-2017, 03:57 PM
https://stv.tv/sport/football/1381905-how-does-scottish-football-s-emergency-loan-system-work/

"So what is considered to be an emergency?

An emergency loan is not just for an injury crisis. In fact, there is nothing in the rules stating any special criteria for a club to be eligible to use it. It is just a normal loan that doesn't take place in a transfer window and through until the next one opens."

The name is misleading. Any club outside the premiership is entitled to use it.