PDA

View Full Version : MK Dons Post Match Thoughts

CAMiller
23-12-2017, 05:03 PM
If these games go on any longer I'll soon be starting this thread on a Sunday. A better display by all accounts. 7pts from 9 without KM, have we discovered that Plan B is better than Plan A?

Thoughts?

frogmiller
23-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Generally everyone played better. It may be just a coincidence that it happens when Frecklington is in the team but I think not.

I enjoyed it as much as the mulled wine.

gm_gm
23-12-2017, 05:31 PM
With better decision making we could have had a few more, we had 11 attempts on goal.

Still worried about Rodak and crosses in the box, MK were woefull a better team would have scored a few more

mikemiller
23-12-2017, 05:41 PM
Generally everyone played better. It may be just a coincidence that it happens when Frecklington is in the team but I think not.

I enjoyed it as much as the mulled wine.

Just got back from the game. The Millers deserved to win against a fairly poor Franchise team, and the margin should have been bigger than 2-1, with Ball and Forde missing several chances, Probably Vaulks' best Millers performance, and even then his passing was still poor. Once again, the opposition found Williams difficult to cope with. We still look vunerable from set pieces, but today so did our opponents. We're still giving away too many stupid free kicks on the edge of our own penalty area . Franchise never really looked capable of scoring from open play. Kieran Agard seems to have lost a bit of pace, and didn't trouble our defence very much. Had a cup of mulled wine in the North Stand too!

rolymiller
23-12-2017, 05:41 PM
There defence was the worst we have come across all season barring ours but a win is a win and i will accept it all day. We should have won by more but could very well have blown it in the last minute with the crap refereeing decisions again!!!

Big Christmas kiss from me to the lineswoman. I am sure he would have given that pen to them in the last minute if she hadnt clearly put up the flag in our favour a lot of the male linesman would have bottled that one!

Miss/ Mrs Lineswoman :heart::heart::heart::heart: I lurve you!

Lolmorgan
23-12-2017, 05:44 PM
3points I will take that but by Christ this league is bloody awful,I think a very well coached pub side could do well in this league.

gm_gm
23-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Just got back from the game. The Millers deserved to win against a fairly poor Franchise team, and the margin should have been bigger than 2-1, with Ball and Forde missing several chances, Probably Vaulks' best Millers performance, and even then his passing was still poor. Once again, the opposition found Williams difficult to cope with. We still look vunerable from set pieces, but today so did our opponents. We're still giving away too many stupid free kicks on the edge of our own penalty area . Franchise never really looked capable of scoring from open play. Kieran Agard seems to have lost a bit of pace, and didn't trouble our defence very much. Had a cup of mulled wine in the North Stand too!

Pretty much spot on Mike

frogmiller
23-12-2017, 05:50 PM

Williams played well going foward but he lost it too easy at times at the back I thought. Vaulks gave away the foul for the first goal but made up with it with another great goal.
I didn't remember that Agard was playing and certainly didn't recognise him ont pitch. I thought that ssome of the corners from Forde were class for thhis level. He too gave the ball away at the back cheaply. Ajayi is a different player than 3 weeks ago. I shat myself when he sliced a ball and gave away a corner at the end.

It's left me with a great feeling for Christmas!

Yak
23-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Credit where credit is due better today against another poor team.
Thought Ajayi was MOM vaulks better game.

Credit to Forde thought at the end he still had loads of energy running with the ball unlike Newell who looks like he’s running through treacle.

On to Boxing day.

UTM

jocksgloves
23-12-2017, 06:13 PM
I thought both teams were a mirror image.suspect in defence, lots of loose ball played when not under pressure and lots of missed chances. The two most equal sides that I've seen all season. Having said that, well done Millers, seven points out of nine. Hoping for a good result at struggling Bury.

mikemiller
23-12-2017, 06:33 PM
I thought both teams were a mirror image.suspect in defence, lots of loose ball played when not under pressure and lots of missed chances. The two most equal sides that I've seen all season. Having said that, well done Millers, seven points out of nine. Hoping for a good result at struggling Bury.

Both teams had similar faults/weaknesses but the match stats from the BBC Football site show that the Millers had significantly more possession, shots at goal, shots on target, corners, etc. Watching the match live, I had no doubt that we were the better team and deserved to win

millertop
23-12-2017, 06:38 PM
We did well in giving the ball to their keeper ;)
Defence did well with Emmanuel being the weakest but that’s not saying he was rubbish.
Towell wasn’t his best
No idea what Rodak was doing for their goal
Yates over JCH is a No from me

Well done Millers on the points

avondalemiller
23-12-2017, 06:39 PM
...thought we played better for a change. When i saw the size of MK i feared the worse, and Vaulks in CB position. Couldn't have been more wrong. Well played Vaulks as a CB and a great goal, Semi play well until he sliced it out for a corner and everyone around me had a collective groan.
3 times we broke with an advantage and never had a shot on goal, the decision making is shocking. Still think R Williams is our best winger, but, so frustrating..... and Forde??? great at protecting his FB but going forwards????................PW's love child...

Timbertop
23-12-2017, 07:25 PM
The standard in this league is truly appalling. MK wouldn't have scored if they'd played all night. No wonder that Wigan and Blackburn are going straight back up. Very disappointing that Tony Stewart wasn't prepared or brave enough to strengthen significantly close season because all 3 relegated clubs could then have returned to the Championship.

redhouse
23-12-2017, 07:33 PM
The standard in this league is truly appalling. MK wouldn't have scored if they'd played all night. No wonder that Wigan and Blackburn are going straight back up. Very disappointing that Tony Stewart wasn't prepared or brave enough to strengthen significantly close season because all 3 relegated clubs could then have returned to the Championship.

I could have sworn that they scored :P some people can't even accept a win without moaning about something

mikemiller
23-12-2017, 07:42 PM
I didn't remember that Agard was playing and certainly didn't recognise him ont pitch.

He was Franchise number 14

Timbertop
23-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Scored again I meant Redhouse !

gwru
23-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Rodak 6.5 there goal?
Emmanuel 6.5 not totally convincing
Ajayi 8 got his confidence back
Vaulks 8 but still think he's not tall enough for a centre back, Need him in midfield
Mattock 7.5 played well
Forde 7 for his workrate
Frecks 7 steady
Towell 6 never in the game
Williams 6 not at home on the left
Yates 6 don't know what JCH has done wrong
Ball 6 never involved

mygiddypant
23-12-2017, 09:06 PM
3points I will take that but by Christ this league is bloody awful,I think a very well coached pub side could do well in this league.

Viewing the world through sherbert-coloured glasses?

mygiddypant
23-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Just got back and had a festive Indian (meal, not person).

2 dodgy keepers. Blood pressure tends to hit stratospheric when opposing teams get near the box. I've no confidence in any of our keepers. They seem to be velcroed to the goal line. Is that Pollitt's influence?

Very frustrated with Williams. Admire what he does going forward, but his ability to play in other players is awful.

The conundrum for the new year. Do we want to go up, and have a repeat of last year? Difficult choice.

At last, the choice of MoM was spot on.

mikemiller
23-12-2017, 09:30 PM
Re Mattock - knowing that Purrington was on the bench today seemed to keep him on his toes for the whole 90 minutes, even though he took a couple of hard whacks, especially the one late in the game. Much better performance than usual from Mattock and he even blocked some attempted crosses today - good psychology, Warney!

millmoormagic
23-12-2017, 09:43 PM
The last two games has shown that there's a seed of progress here, we had many attempts at goal today and should've won by a bigger margin, their keeper kept them in it frankly.

Really impressed with our pressing game when we didn't have the ball, generally won it back quickly, forcing them into mistakes, the link play between Ball/Yates/Williams is coming on also, good to see.

Defenders did well against some big lads, Vaulks a deserved MOM, and won many headers against bigger opposition, he does though,, as others have said, like a worldy 50yrd pass, keep it simple fella, i'd take their number 10 though, decent player in my opinion.

Well done millers, well done Warney, a few mouths quiet tonight for a change.

caytonmiller
23-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Big positives today.
Yates was good in the air Vs Evans landell.
Williams a real handful
Fordes corners n delivery was very good.
Emmanuel like a brick shthouse and nothing passed him.
Mattock best game for a while. Possibly ever.
Vaulks and ajayi were very good keeping the two big lads quite.
All the rest worked hard and made the team tick. .

Slight negative. I've been saying how good I think rodak is/ could be....
Todays goal he conceded. Tut tut. Piss poor and overshadowed the good stuff he did

Casper64Frank
23-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Big positives today.
Yates was good in the air Vs Evans landell.
Williams a real handful
Fordes corners n delivery was very good.
Emmanuel like a brick shthouse and nothing passed him.
Mattock best game for a while. Possibly ever.
Vaulks and ajayi were very good keeping the two big lads quite.
All the rest worked hard and made the team tick. .

Slight negative. I've been saying how good I think rodak is/ could be....
Todays goal he conceded. Tut tut. Piss poor and overshadowed the good stuff he did

Looked like he didn't line the defensive wall up correctly, not seen any TV footage to confirm that though so I may be being a bit harsh.
Not a classic game, never mind the quality....feel the 3 points.
Man of Match - Will Vaulks.
Stick with Rodak cayton he's the best wr have atm.

caytonmiller
23-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Stick with Rodak cayton he's the best wr have atm.

aye guess hes not bad for a 20 year old. about 30 when keepers hit there prime init?

caytonmiller
23-12-2017, 11:06 PM
ow n over 8000 millers there today. not as noisy as last week but vwp

Silly-miller
23-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Vaulks goal was beautiful keeper couldn’t see it coming (spot of luck maybe with him today as well)

Yates was unlucky not to score but I think he played a lot of balls through to ball and did really well he was in a really good place in second half to score but forde pass was shocking

millers88
24-12-2017, 12:37 AM
Best defensive display of the season so far by a mile, i thought the 2 centre backs were brilliant especially Vaulks who isn't a natural defender was immense.

Attacking wise we seem to be lacking quality in the final third atm compared to the beginning of the season. Williams and Forde final ball and decision making today was really poor we should have scored a few more goals today imo.

Referee once again rubbish as always. I can't believe he was about to give them a penalty before the lineswomen gave a rightly free kick to us, just shows that referees guess decisions rather than not give anything when they haven't a clue.

BramleyMiller58
24-12-2017, 01:37 AM
With better choices of squaring final balls it could have been 4 or 5.
We seemed to be playing the last 20 mins as if it was in the bag which was worrying.
It wasn't.
The %age of chances and possession should have resulted in a more convincing scoreline

However on an unrelated note the Pantomime @ the Civic after the game capped off a good day

gwru
24-12-2017, 08:46 AM
I must go to a different game. Yates who did he beat in the air, what did he & Ball contribute to the game. Williams gave ball away numerous times cause he's not comfortable on the left. Forde works hard but has no end product. Midfield, Frecks is playing at half speed & Towell was never in the game. Remember quality of the opposition the last 2 home games has been hardly league standard.

Vaulks was good in centre defence but he's not tall enough for that position. We need him in midfield. Moore has got to come back at Bury. Need 3 in midfield away from home & against better sides at home. Rodak & Emmanuel return them to there parent clubs in January. We can get better than them.

millertop
24-12-2017, 08:55 AM
From where I sit Rodak must have thought the ball was going wide (their goal) still he go for it :mad:

Yates won a few headers and wasn’t too bad in first but how many times did he actually touch the ball in second?
I’ve seen ball play better
Williams was being ball greedy again
I haven’t seen goals back but I didn’t see Ajayi touch it so I’d say Yates was our last player so it’s his goal

millmoormagic
24-12-2017, 08:59 AM
I must go to a different game.

Yes, yes you do.

caytonmiller
24-12-2017, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure it's a different game could it be your eye wear ?
Is there a opposite to rose tinted ?

frogmiller
24-12-2017, 12:00 PM
The last two games has shown that there's a seed of progress here, we had many attempts at goal today and should've won by a bigger margin, their keeper kept them in it frankly.

Really impressed with our pressing game when we didn't have the ball, generally won it back quickly, forcing them into mistakes, the link play between Ball/Yates/Williams is coming on also, good to see.

One of the differences with MkFranchise and other teams of late was they weren't as spread out all over the pitch which allowed us to press. Credit due to how ruthless we were at it. It is surprising how far football has come on for division 3 players not to panic as they used to do. They're capable of passing under pressure much better apart from ours at times XD

So much better though!

Ericsladkilnhurst
24-12-2017, 12:15 PM
After we have had Plymouth the worst side at the NYS last week, then a close second in MK Dons yesterday, we have to think if Moore had not been banned he would have had a field day against their defences.
Where has Yates is not the answer to the centre forward position, we need someone who can make the chances to score, & give Ball the ammunition he needs.

Lol's mate
24-12-2017, 02:00 PM
"Slight negative. I've been saying how good I think rodak is/ could be....
Todays goal he conceded. Tut tut. Piss poor and overshadowed the good stuff he did"
Yes he might have saved it but I've had a look in slow motion and Emmanuel, on the end of the wall, saw the ball coming at his head and he turned away and ducked. Not very brave.

Timbertop
24-12-2017, 02:23 PM
I'd agree with that Lols mate. Rodak wouldn't be expecting the BIG men at the end of his wall to duck out of the way.

redhouse
24-12-2017, 03:53 PM
I thought we played ok yesterday I enjoyed the game I think every player did their job and put the effort in

Fair do's to MK at least they didn't come to play for a point like Plymouth did which made the game more entertaining

Silly-miller
24-12-2017, 08:13 PM
You clearly went to a different game gwru mate. Ball no didn’t see much from him but that over head kick to ajayi got us the first goal and he ran his ass off on counter attack as well as setting up ball for his opportunity (which ball missed in first half) he did a lot more on the pitch than any other player yesterday. It seems he’s doing a lot what proctor did before he was injured create chances. Oh and he won a lot of headers in midfield mk dons had to use 2 players.

He may not have scored but they was no chance in hell we would have won without him. Look at channel 5 goal rush on that goal ajayi scored Yates flipped it over his head

PerigordMiller
24-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Haven't seen it so won't comment but weve now come from behind to win twice recently, after about 2 years not doing so, so thats a positive.