PDA

View Full Version : Niall Mcginn

blowupsheep
27-12-2017, 05:56 AM
So apparently at the AGM that took place on December 18th this was said

"Finally, on the football front, the manager has confirmed that he hopes to get an answer on Niall McGinn returning to the Dons within the next seven to ten days"

So basically according to that then time is pretty much up, so whats the new's whats the word on the street is McGinn coming back or is he off to easter road or tinkcastle

CYOR

Getintaethem
27-12-2017, 06:00 AM
https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city/ex-derry-city-star-niall-mcginn-has-six-offers-on-table-1-8302276

DollyLongstaffe
27-12-2017, 02:36 PM
https://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city/ex-derry-city-star-niall-mcginn-has-six-offers-on-table-1-8302276

I was a fan of McGinn when he was here and thought he was significantly underrated by a section of our support, but my enthusiasm for him coming back is pretty muted. Over 30 now, and may be coming back with a confidence dented by recent failures and a feeling that he's back doing what he'd decided he needed a change from. If he can come back at something close to his best form he'd still be an asset, but there are enough doubts that I won't be heartbroken if we miss out. Still wouldn't want to see him in a Hibs or Hearts jersey though.

afc1903mad
27-12-2017, 02:42 PM
I have my doubts there are three other clubs interested.
Why name Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts but then be gauged thatbthere are 3 others in the frame?

He’s been back to Aberdeen (Twitter link), he’s been to a Hibs game ( v Celtic no surprise).
It would be interesting if he took in the Hearts / Hibs Derby Tonight.

Pacman1903
27-12-2017, 03:21 PM
I was a fan of McGinn when he was here and thought he was significantly underrated by a section of our support, but my enthusiasm for him coming back is pretty muted. Over 30 now, and may be coming back with a confidence dented by recent failures and a feeling that he's back doing what he'd decided he needed a change from. If he can come back at something close to his best form he'd still be an asset, but there are enough doubts that I won't be heartbroken if we miss out. Still wouldn't want to see him in a Hibs or Hearts jersey though.

May help Rooney find form. Im for it.

RED_JOHN
27-12-2017, 03:23 PM
May help Rooney find form. Im for it.

I would have him back also but certainly wouldn’t bet against him joining Stokes at Hibs.
It will be interesting to see if Del can convince him though.

Pacman1903
27-12-2017, 03:45 PM
I would have him back also but certainly wouldn’t bet against him joining Stokes at Hibs.
It will be interesting to see if Del can convince him though.

Do they have the same agent?

Don_Corleone
27-12-2017, 05:14 PM
He was often criticised for his lack of consistency - we're now seeing that in comparison to his replacements (GMS, Stewart, Wright) he was exceptionally consistent. The question mark is not over his ability, but whether he can re-capture something close to that form. If he can even hit something like 75% of the level of form he showed in his previous spell with the club, he'll contribute more than GMS and Stewart have this season (although both have had their moments).

I'd like to think we have some other targets as well as McGinn, but haven't even heard the whisper of any other rumours.

Getintaethem
27-12-2017, 05:27 PM

Gerry Carlisle I believe. Saw him once at a Kilmarnock game when he came to watch McGinn and sat in with the fans. Well someone said it was McGinn's agent.

Mason89
27-12-2017, 05:28 PM
McGinn likes to go to Kilmarnock & sit with the fans too

thebeachend
27-12-2017, 05:32 PM
not for me.....move forward, don't go back.

RED_JOHN
27-12-2017, 05:46 PM

No I don’t think so. Him and Stokes are just good friends. Stokes agent was Barry Hughes...the same as Jonny Hayes. :o

RedStarTorphins
27-12-2017, 05:50 PM

Pretty much my thoughts.
He’s an upgrade on what we have out wide I’d say.
I’d rather see a younger version of him though, but as you say wouldn’t want to see him in a Hibs jersey... which is where I’ve always though he’d end up.

Hairdrier
27-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Pretty much my thoughts.
He’s an upgrade on what we have out wide I’d say.
I’d rather see a younger version of him though, but as you say wouldn’t want to see him in a Hibs jersey... which is where I’ve always though he’d end up.

I agree he might well end up at Hibs and would be a good fit there. It would be great to see McGinn back at Aberdeen he is a great all round player and stays on his feet. Plus he's much better going forward that anyone we currently have.

theram1975
28-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Signed. :D

3 1/2 year contract.

hulldon
28-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Yaaaas! Great signing, especially for nowt!!

erchieplum
28-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Signed. :D

3 1/2 year contract.

Great news .....belated christmas present ...I wonder if he gets number 10 back ?

Pacman1903
28-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Welcome back min

Aberdeen women on tinder beware. Hes back

Aldo1983
28-12-2017, 02:26 PM
I'm his biggest fan. Fact.

RedStarTorphins
28-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Welcome back.
Hopefully gets up to speed before long.
Surprised at the length of contract mind you.
Thought 18 months might be on offer.
Basically finishing his top level career at the Dons as he'll be 34 at end of his contract?

Don_Corleone
28-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Welcome back min

Aberdeen women on tinder beware. Hes back

What's all this about? I remember Craig Brown once said in an interview Niall was the kind of lad you'd love your daughter to bring home to meet the parents (or words to that effect!)

Great news he's resigned - will definitely bring something to the team that we've been missing this season. I wonder if he might even be used through the middle as he was in his first season here, given that May is out for a while, Rooney isn't in the greatest of form and there's no-one else to play up front.

RedStarTorphins
28-12-2017, 03:01 PM
At's poor Scottie Wrights Xmas ruined...

Loan move possibly from Jan - May?
He's basically 5th choice behind McGinn, GMS, Stewart & Christie (& possibly even Ross now).
Games would do him good - to a St Mirren or the likes

Don_Corleone
28-12-2017, 03:02 PM
At's poor Scottie Wrights Xmas ruined...

Wright will still get his chances I'm sure. I think Stewart is beginning to get back to form which bodes well for the second half of the season, and GMS is looking a bit more confident albeit he's still a bit hit and miss.

I'd guess Ball will return south and we'll bring in another loan player - probably central midfielder, and that'll be it for January.

EintrachtFrankfurt
28-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Welcome back NM.

Rochead
28-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Pleased he’s back.

Pacman1903
28-12-2017, 03:24 PM
What's all this about? I remember Craig Brown once said in an interview Niall was the kind of lad you'd love your daughter to bring home to meet the parents (or words to that effect!)

I ken two birds and seen proof he likes a tinder exploit. Nothing wrong with that though.

Get wired in loon

Pacman1903
28-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Basically finishing his top level career at the Dons as he'll be 34 at end of his contract?

Is 34 classed as old :blue:

blowupsheep
28-12-2017, 03:39 PM
welcome back min

aberdeen women on tinder beware. Hes back

:o :O

RedStarTorphins
28-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Is 34 classed as old :blue:

Not for me it isn't :-)

seeyazander
28-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Dinna often post on here but good to see him back, probably had a good rest after a hectic time when he was with us the last time, all them Europa league qualifiers and playing for the Irish did in my opinion make him look a bit jaded over the last couple of seasons.
Welcome back loon.

InversneckieDob
28-12-2017, 04:09 PM
I ken two birds and seen proof he likes a tinder exploit. Nothing wrong with that though.

Get wired in loon
I have one eye witness testimony from Easter Ross, he doesn't stay local.

The_Verninator
28-12-2017, 04:12 PM
It's good to see him back - type of player we have missed this year - length of the contract a surprise though

The_Moog
28-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Absolutely fantastic news - welcome back Niall.

His goals and assists will make a huge difference - guarantee Rooney is grinning like a Cheshire Cat at this news.

3.5 years is great too - he’s committed his best remaining years to us and we can build the forward areas round him.

McGinn, Rooney, May, GMS (on his day) gives real attacking options. Best signing in a long time 👍 😎

Spielführer_1903
28-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Great news, wasn't convinced it was going to happen as I thought he might have fancied a change of scenery in Edinburgh.

He'll be able to get up to speed in the winter break and ready for the Scottish Cup game v St Mirren.

Makes our team so much stronger.

Lewis

Logan Arnason McKenna Harvie

Shinnie McLean

Stewart Christie McGinn

Rooney

May, GMS and Wright as attacking options from the bench. Get Maynard away.

Aldo1983
28-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Does he become a club legend?

sancho_panza
28-12-2017, 06:16 PM
He isn't that old. His birthday is in July and he's 30 so you're getting three and a half seasons from a quality player who is 30-33. Great signing.

Don_Corleone
28-12-2017, 06:30 PM
If he can get back to even close to his best he'll be the best signing any team in Scotland makes in this transfer window.

Hairdrier
28-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Does he become a club legend?

I think so, great that he is back at the club and will add another dimension going forward.
Hopefully McGinn coming into the squad will raise the level of the new signings as well - as he is a genuine quality player.

andoplzcumbak
28-12-2017, 06:39 PM
.....makes Ronaldo look sh!te!

Yaas! Welcome back Niall!

Redmadders96
28-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Shocked and stunned that we have managed to get him back. Thought for sure he would go to Edinburgh................never been to happy to see someone rejoin.

Does this go down as a great day for DM and the club...........I think so. Would he have came back if DM wasn't here??? I don't think so.
I am delighted he is back as he has been sorely missed.

Niall welcome back...........now lets get intae them.....HEED First

COYR

87kilos
28-12-2017, 07:41 PM
Shocked and stunned that we have managed to get him back. Thought for sure he would go to Edinburgh................never been to happy to see someone rejoin.

Does this go down as a great day for DM and the club...........I think so. Would he have came back if DM wasn't here??? I don't think so.
I am delighted he is back as he has been sorely missed.

Niall welcome back...........now lets get intae them.....HEED First

COYR

Shhhhh!

You'll be labeled as a "happy clapper" with talk like that!!

donsviking
28-12-2017, 07:52 PM
Delighted to have Niall back and on a decent length of contract. Shows his commitment to the club.It will give us much more width and hopefully more goals from Rooney with improved service.

RED_JOHN
28-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Delighted to have Niall back and on a decent length of contract. Shows his commitment to the club.It will give us much more width and hopefully more goals from Rooney with improved service.

Very true indeed. A good player on his day and in all honesty we and Adam Rooney have missed him. Welcome back Niall McGinn :)

Spielführer_1903
28-12-2017, 08:02 PM
I think so, great that he is back at the club and will add another dimension going forward.
Hopefully McGinn coming into the squad will raise the level of the new signings as well - as he is a genuine quality player.

He said in his interview that reaching the 100 goal mark is a target in these 3.5 years.

For me, if he reaches that then he does deserve to go down as a Dons great. Especially if there is a trophy involved in that time frame.

Redmadders96
28-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Shhhhh!

You'll be labeled as a "happy clapper" with talk like that!!

Ohhhhh crap.........I AM NO HAPPY CLAPPER

macattack
29-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Been away since Christmas & Only Just catching up great news McGinn is back :star:

macattack
29-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Wright will still get his chances I'm sure. I think Stewart is beginning to get back to form which bodes well for the second half of the season, and GMS is looking a bit more confident albeit he's still a bit hit and miss.

I'd guess Ball will return south and we'll bring in another loan player - probably central midfielder, and that'll be it for January.

That sounds likely to me

OhioRed
29-12-2017, 10:55 AM
Great to see McGinn return, we have sorely missed him. It should be a good boost for us second half of the season. This contract may well take him late into his career with us.

Not sure the window will see only Ball move on. Wouldn't be all that surprised to see McLean go too, preferably for money. With Tansey seemingly semi permanently injured, I think we may look for loan cover for him.

Don_Corleone
29-12-2017, 11:22 AM
Great to see McGinn return, we have sorely missed him. It should be a good boost for us second half of the season. This contract may well take him late into his career with us.

Not sure the window will see only Ball move on. Wouldn't be all that surprised to see McLean go too, preferably for money. With Tansey seemingly semi permanently injured, I think we may look for loan cover for him.

While some won't like me saying this, I don't think we'll sell McLean in this window as he's too important a player for us. We don't have anyone to replace him and a loan signing isn't going to do the job. Tansey is injured a lot and when he has played he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's starting 11 material. We need someone alongside Shinnie in midfield who can use the ball and spray the passes around which is McLean - O'Connor is hopeless on the ball, if he's playing i'd rather see him in defence. Liam Henderson at Celtic would be a good shout if he's available to sign.

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 11:29 AM
While some won't like me saying this, I don't think we'll sell McLean in this window as he's too important a player for us. We don't have anyone to replace him and a loan signing isn't going to do the job. Tansey is injured a lot and when he has played he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's starting 11 material. We need someone alongside Shinnie in midfield who can use the ball and spray the passes around which is McLean - O'Connor is hopeless on the ball, if he's playing i'd rather see him in defence. Liam Henderson at Celtic would be a good shout if he's available to sign.

McLean is playing really well and instrumental in much of what we do.
He will be difficult to replace no doubt.
I wonder if him leaving will allow Frank Ross to step up as I have seen some great things from him.

Don_Corleone
29-12-2017, 12:00 PM
McLean is playing really well and instrumental in much of what we do.
He will be difficult to replace no doubt.
I wonder if him leaving will allow Frank Ross to step up as I have seen some great things from him.

I think the likes of Ross and Wright will get chances in the second half of the season, but it's a big ask for them to fill the boots of experienced internationals like McGinn, Hayes, McLean etc and maintain the level of performance and results required. Undoubtedly these guys have talent, and need game time to develop, which they will get I'm sure - I just feel there's a lot of fans who dislike McLean for some reason and don't appreciate just how good he is and how ***** a cog in the team he is.

vinnydesalvo
29-12-2017, 12:11 PM

With any luck the board are willing to repay the manager's loyalty with the £300k it would take to land Greg Docherty. Would be a real statement of intent and provide the perfect right sided balance to Shinnie in the engine room. Pretty sure there would be a few takers to replace the outlay for McLean's services to balance the books.

Add in a cheeky wee loan deal for Stevie Mallan with Ball heading back down south would have us good to go for the glorious push for second place.

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 12:22 PM
I just feel there's a lot of fans who dislike McLean for some reason and don't appreciate just how good he is and how ***** a cog in the team he is.

You get that perception from in here.
Not sure if that correlates to the wider support.
I certainly see the value he brings and why McInnes always selects.

I expect first name on the sheet is Shinnie, closely followed by McLean.
If either are fit / available, they play.

donsdaft
29-12-2017, 01:40 PM
McLean is s'hite.

Like playing with 10 men.

Please please get rid of the hun c'unt in January.

sheepcrooky
29-12-2017, 02:17 PM
McLean is s'hite.

:) :) :).

BorneoRed
29-12-2017, 03:11 PM
McLean is s'hite.

And I really thought you had a bit of footballing knowledge, but obviously not.

Spielführer_1903
29-12-2017, 03:33 PM
McLean is s'hite.

Can you please explain why you think he is sh1te?

Mason89
29-12-2017, 04:23 PM
McLean is too lightweight for a midfield battle & not good enough to play further forward. A luxury player who has spent the overwhelming majority of his time here MIA

F*cking hun n’all

donsdaft
29-12-2017, 04:29 PM
A nancy boy, mincing around midfield attempting ridiculous cross field passes that

1/ don't come off
2/ would be of no bloody use if they did come off.

My only concern is that he will stay until the end of the season so that the hun can sign him for f'uck all.

RED_JOHN
29-12-2017, 04:37 PM
My only concern is that he will stay until the end of the season so that the hun can sign him for f'uck all.

If we got offered say £250,000 I would certainly sell him. It could well be handy for finding a replacement.

sancho_panza
29-12-2017, 04:54 PM
A nancy boy, mincing around midfield attempting ridiculous cross field passes that

1/ don't come off
2/ would be of no bloody use if they did come off.

Except that it does come off on a regular basis. The first goal against Hibs the other week came from McLean playing a crossfield pass to GMS who knocked it back first time for Shinnie. The fourth goal in the same game came from a move that started with another McLean crossfield pass to GMS. That's just two off the top of my head.

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 05:40 PM
And I really thought you had a bit of footballing knowledge, but obviously not.

Indeed, there are a few in here who openly demonstrate their lack of football knowledge ;)

Except that it does come off on a regular basis. The first goal against Hibs the other week came from McLean playing a crossfield pass to GMS who knocked it back first time for Shinnie. The fourth goal in the same game came from a move that started with another McLean crossfield pass to GMS. That's just two off the top of my head.

Agreed, for all the slaters of McLean, they’ll miss him when he’s gone.
Instrumental in much of what we create.

Mason89
29-12-2017, 05:49 PM
You think Willie Miller knows f*ck
all about defending, so what chance have the rest of us got?

fittiered
29-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Mclean plays well when he wants and his long ball passes are great when they come off. His play against the huns was diabolicle i remember at Pittodrie he passed the ball out for a throw in twice in the one game to break up our attack the fkn plum... He is a pointer and likes to scoop his fringe back!!

mondo_notion
29-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Mclean plays well when he wants and his long ball passes are great when they come off. His play against the huns was diabolicle i remember at Pittodrie he passed the ball out for a throw in twice in the one game to break up our attack the fkn plum... He is a pointer and likes to scoop his fringe back!!

He needs a beard. Grow a right good bit of stubble and we'll get about 60% more out of him. I've said it on here before but nobody took it serious. I'm not talking the full Stevie May/Taliban look but just enough to stop him looking like the milky bar kid.

Aldo1983
29-12-2017, 06:02 PM
He needs a beard. Grow a right good bit of stubble and we'll get about 60% more out of him. I've said it on here before but nobody took it serious. I'm not talking the full Stevie May/Taliban look but just enough to stop him looking like the milky bar kid.

Stevie May is 76% hair. Shinnie is 51% hair which is mainly from his beard and quiff.

mondo_notion
29-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Stevie May is 76% hair. Shinnie is 51% hair which is mainly from his beard and quiff.

As to that I have no doubt. I knew somebody would have the stats.

Aldo1983
29-12-2017, 06:09 PM
As to that I have no doubt. I knew somebody would have the stats.

I have a spreadsheet.

Mason89
29-12-2017, 06:12 PM
I have a spreadsheet.

That would be handy to screenshot, just in case you have an argument with Gaz Coombes on here about growing sideburns.

Screenshots top everything

mondo_notion
29-12-2017, 06:17 PM
I have a spreadsheet.

You'll always be a top don to me no matter what anybody says.

F*ckin spreadsheets O:)

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 06:21 PM
You think Willie Miller knows f*ck
all about defending, so what chance have the rest of us got?

Your words, not mine.
Plain as day you have not a clue about football.

Mason89
29-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Your words, not mine.
Plain as day you have not a clue about football.

I know a back three when I see one. So does Willie Miller :)

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 06:47 PM
I know a back three when I see one. So does Willie Miller :)

Yeah, yeah, we played with 3 for about 10 minutes.
We played the majority with 4 at the back.
Must be easier to see from your cosy armchair as opposed to actually being at the game.

Mason89
29-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Did you grab those screenshots from the game or from your armchair?

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 07:06 PM
Did you grab those screenshots from the game or from your armchair?

Neither.
I didn’t post during the game.
The screenshots were the day after, May even had been two days after.

Mason89
29-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Neither.
I didn’t post during the game.
The screenshots were the day after, May even had been two days after.

I know when you posted them. Just wondering if your opinion of watching it on tv counts more than anyone else watching it on tv. I know it counts more than Willie Miller :D

donsdaft
29-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Leave him alone Mason min, it's nae a fair fight.

He probably applauded Foster onto the park as captain.

sonofrgmsdad
29-12-2017, 08:32 PM
McLean is s'hite.

You may need to check your own eyesight. 😀

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 08:43 PM
I know when you posted them. Just wondering if your opinion of watching it on tv counts more than anyone else watching it on tv. I know it counts more than Willie Miller :D

Look, I accepted having looked back at the game we started with 3 at the back, but for the majority we played 4 at the back and were still hopeless.

You get your occasional games televised, I’ll watch from the stands and see more of the team than you do.

Pacman1903
29-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Awesome top redism in here recently

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Awesome top redism in here recently

You on shift and skiving again ;)

Pacman1903
29-12-2017, 08:51 PM
You on shift and skiving again ;)

Neither

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Neither

So you were on shift and skiving this morning then ;)

Pacman1903
29-12-2017, 08:56 PM
So you were on shift and skiving this morning then ;)

No today i was actually held up by others. Its a cooshty number as the locals dont know there arses from their elbows. Or their back 3s from their back 4s to be topical

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 08:58 PM
No today i was actually held up by others. Its a cooshty number as the locals dont know there arses from their elbows. Or their back 3s from their back 4s to be topical

B0llocks.
Your always skiving in here when you should be working.
Nice diversion technique.

See you on here tomorrow (when you should be working;))

Pacman1903
29-12-2017, 09:00 PM
B0llocks.
Your always skiving in here when you should be working.
Nice diversion technique.

See you on here tomorrow (when you should be working;))

Almost two years ive got away with it too

Ill look forward to the match report. Its gonna be 0-0

InversneckieDob
29-12-2017, 09:06 PM
F u ck ing nouvelle cuisine.

It's got me angered.

afc1903mad
29-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Almost two years ive got away with it too

Ill look forward to the match report. Its gonna be 0-0

Thought you’ve been doing this since 2009.
Never mind, I’m predicting 0-0 too

Landvetter83
30-12-2017, 12:12 AM

You're nae kidding any chunt!

Back to work ya slack b@stard....

Pacman1903
30-12-2017, 04:58 AM
Thought you’ve been doing this since 2009.
Never mind, I’m predicting 0-0 too

Offshore since 09

Oot here 2 years

And no my shift hasn't started yet

RED_JOHN
02-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Nicky Maynard exiting this window will give Niall McGinn his number 10 shirt number back.
0 (zero) will be worn by McGinn if Maynard stays.

donsdaft
02-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Can we not just get rid of Maynard, whether someone takes him or not

JuanFatche
02-01-2018, 04:31 PM
Can we not just get rid of Maynard, whether someone takes him or not

I'm unsure as to why Maynard doesn't get to use the same defence that May and Rooney have had this season? We don't get the ball to the strikers so really, how are they supposed to score? Maynard was really unlucky not to score against Hamilton on the opening day, when a defender did brilliantly to get back (sometimes the opposition have an effect too.) If he'd scored then, he might be having a different season.

RedStarTorphins
02-01-2018, 05:21 PM
I'm unsure as to why Maynard doesn't get to use the same defence that May and Rooney have had this season? We don't get the ball to the strikers so really, how are they supposed to score? Maynard was really unlucky not to score against Hamilton on the opening day, when a defender did brilliantly to get back (sometimes the opposition have an effect too.) If he'd scored then, he might be having a different season.

Your defence of him is admirable but he’s barely looked like scoring, & barely looks interested.
If we can end the loan I hope we do (provided we get a 3rd striker in)
Have we EVER signed a centre forward for 6 months & he’s not scored?

Pacman1903
02-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Your defence of him is admirable but he’s barely looked like scoring, & barely looks interested.

Hes not on load. We signed him

RedStarTorphins
02-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Hes not on load. We signed him

F**k me you’re right.
I’m having a great day with these (I said Mulumbu was on loan to Killie earlier when it was pointed out to me he was permanent)
Hopefully we can off load him.
DM isn’t usually slow to offload mistakes (Wylde, Zola)

Aldo1983
02-01-2018, 06:06 PM
F**k me you’re right.
I’m having a great day with these (I said Mulumbu was on loan to Killie earlier when it was pointed out to me he was permanent)

Hmmm he kept Brown and Goodwillie.

nice1simmy
02-01-2018, 06:13 PM
F**k me you’re right.

No chunt will take him,unless we pay him off i fear we're stuck with him

Pacman1903
02-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Turned into a bit of myth this about Wylde - HE wanted to leave to get more football. Pretty sure DM came out at the time & said he wanted him to stay.

He was obviously a mistake though as he wasnt getting time as he was sh@te. There were rumours of a bad attitude too that Mcinnes didnt like. McInnes obviously didnt like him if he allowed him to go in less than 7 month

JuanFatche
02-01-2018, 10:07 PM

It's not particularly a defence of Maynard; he hasn't been great. It's just pointing out that logically if you're using certain reasoning to explain why the other strikers aren't scoring so much, then the same logic has to apply to Maynard.

neilthedon
03-01-2018, 09:41 AM
It's not particularly a defence of Maynard; he hasn't been great. It's just pointing out that logically if you're using certain reasoning to explain why the other strikers aren't scoring so much, then the same logic has to apply to Maynard.

i mind Andy Harrooow. we signed him from Raith Rovers ? Back in the 70s.

Seemed to doo everythingh right. But th ball just wouldn`t get in the net. Hit t bar , post,fanatastic saves from every Goalie . ....Shame !!

neilthedon
03-01-2018, 09:42 AM
No ! Harrow. nae Harroow !!

donsdaft
03-01-2018, 09:50 AM
No one, in the history of mankind, hit the woodwork more often than Andy Harrow.

RedStarTorphins
03-01-2018, 09:53 AM
No one, in the history of mankind, hit the woodwork more often than Andy Harrow.

I’ll see your Andy Harrow... and raise you Tom Jones.

RedStarTorphins
03-01-2018, 09:56 AM

I (very) partially agree.
Said similar in defence of Rooney & May.
If Hayes & McGinn were here I think Rooney or May are on 12-15 goals as opposed to 5 or 6.

But that said, I reckon I’d score more than Maynard.
If we can off load (& replace) then we should try to.

donsdaft
03-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Tom Jones was s'hite, I'll give you that, but Andy Harrow turned hitting the post into some kind of art form.

Aldo1983
03-01-2018, 10:57 AM

We don't like your logic here sonny.

GASC1980
03-01-2018, 11:07 AM
I’ll see your Andy Harrow... and raise you Tom Jones.

Ha ha I was going to say Tommy "crossbar" Jones. And I'm old enough to remember "One Andy Harrow, there's only one Andy Harrow!"

neilthedon
03-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Ha ha I was going to say Tommy "crossbar" Jones. And I'm old enough to remember "One Andy Harrow, there's only one Andy Harrow!"

I mind we drew Raith in a Cup after we`d signed Andy Harrow. went to that game with me Dad. Pretty sure Andy played in it ? Did hesscore in that one ?hhe dedefinily hi t the crossbar twice. One , at least with a header ?

( Nothing to do with McGinn or Maynard I know !!)

Oh aye, Hooray . McGinn``s back !!

phuxachemin
03-01-2018, 01:00 PM
i mind Andy Harrooow. we signed him from Raith Rovers ? Back in the 70s.

Seemed to doo everythingh right. But th ball just wouldn`t get in the net. Hit t bar , post,fanatastic saves from every Goalie . ....Shame !!

I mind being at Parkheid in the Mainer surrounded by the unwashed in 1981 when Harrow scored in a 1-1 draw. I also recall that we signed him fae Luton Town.

neilthedon
03-01-2018, 04:28 PM
I mind being at Parkheid in the Mainer surrounded by the unwashed in 1981 when Harrow scored in a 1-1 draw. I also recall that we signed him fae Luton Town.

Correct. We signed him from Luton . . He started at Cowdenbeath , then scored 448 ( ? ) goals for Raith , before Luton bought him. Never got going there, and Fergie nipped in and brought him home.

Seems he only played 18 games for Us ?? Is that right ? Scoring 3 goals.

Fergie sold him on, ( Motherwell ? ) I mind he finally ended up playing for East Fife. A BIG thing when you are former Raith !! ( In Fife terms )

JuanFatche
03-01-2018, 05:58 PM
we don't like your logic here sonny.

Hehehehe]
==