PDA

View Full Version : Winter trip Dubai

blowupsheep
28-12-2017, 05:10 AM
Is it confirmed that the dons will be back in Dubai in January, if so does anybody know if they have a game arranged like they had last year?

COYR

kkong
28-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Tansey was in the AAM suite last night before the game and said he hoped the warm weather in Dubai would help his recovery from injury.

DodHagi
28-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Is it confirmed that the dons will be back in Dubai in January, if so does anybody know if they have a game arranged like they had last year?

COYR

fits yir avatar min?

RedStarTorphins
28-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Tansey was in the AAM suite last night before the game and said he hoped the warm weather in Dubai would help his recovery from injury.

What about his ability to find a red shirt?

blowupsheep
28-12-2017, 03:34 PM
fits yir avatar min?

Dod I lived in Moscow for a helluva long time pal (over 12 years) so my Avatar is actually the local Moscow flag, why?

COYR

Pacman1903
28-12-2017, 03:40 PM
Dod I lived in Moscow for a helluva long time pal (over 12 years) so my Avatar is actually the local Moscow flag, why?

COYR

Am I making things up or have you nae been accused of it being King Billy before

Mason89
28-12-2017, 03:41 PM
It does look like the mincing fat hun at a glance

blowupsheep
28-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Am I making things up or have you nae been accused of it being King Billy before

Aye pal that has happened before but once I explain myself (Again !!!) I usually get away with it ......SF pal and keep up the travels and the reports i look forward to reading the reports, quality stuff pal, all the best for the New Year,cheers

Pacman1903
28-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Dinna think I can afford a travel to Dubai though

In fact im offshore so wouldn't have made it anyway

5 grounds off of 100

blowupsheep
28-12-2017, 03:53 PM
It does look like the mincing fat hun at a glance

For once Mason pal I agree with ya (only joking min) I at a glance it kinda does but like I replied to pacman above and i'm sure you have seen as well I have explained myself away on that one on numerous occasions. My traveling expat / gypsy lifestyle has lead me to various places to call "home" over the years and Moscow is a place that i still hold dear to my heart it was "home" for a long time, met the trouble and strife there, kids were born there bla bla bla,so hence the reason for the would be "dodgy"avatar to those that don't know it (nae changing it)
Pac / Mason
i got to say there is nae a lot of us on here from years gone by but we three (plus a few others) are still kicking around and the banter is still up there in the top drawer
Yes we all have our differences but at the end of the day we all love our club and we are all proud to be sheep shaggers standing free wherever we may be
Happy New year guys and all the best to you and yours for 2018.........

:star:

Dubai_Don
02-01-2018, 05:19 AM
The Dons will have a match on Sunday the 14th of January kick off 4pm at Jebel Ali Shooting Club (same location as last year) opposition still to be announced

blowupsheep
02-01-2018, 06:35 AM
The Dons will have a match on Sunday the 14th of January kick off 4pm at Jebel Ali Shooting Club (same location as last year) opposition still to be announced

Also golf day and BBQ at the Ranches January 11th

SF

Aldo1983
02-01-2018, 06:58 AM
I thought this was a competition.

Feck_the_Huns
02-01-2018, 12:13 PM
The Dons will face Uzbekistan league champions Lokomotiv Tashkent in Dubai on Sunday, January 14

awafaehame
08-01-2018, 04:07 PM
The Dons will face Uzbekistan league champions Lokomotiv Tashkent in Dubai on Sunday, January 14

Really cant understand why they keep playing these games in Dubai on the first day of the working week there. Surely it would be better to let as many people as possible see them on either the Friday or the Saturday???

awafaehame
08-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Pretty sure I read it was closed doors?

Not sure.
If its similar to last year, that was at the Jebel Ali Shooting club and it was also played on a Sunday. There is nowhere at Jebel Ali that would be closed doors.

thebeachend
08-01-2018, 05:50 PM
Not sure.
If its similar to last year, that was at the Jebel Ali Shooting club and it was also played on a Sunday. There is nowhere at Jebel Ali that would be closed doors.

i doubt it'll be closed doors, just walk in. Was tipping down in Jebel Ali this morning. Hopefully they'll get finer weather when they arrive.

sheepcrooky
08-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Also golf day and BBQ at the Ranches January 11th

SF

I stayed in the Ranches complex for 3 years. If I still stayed there i’m sure I would have been guttered on the BBQ night. Buggers.

blowupsheep
09-01-2018, 03:05 AM
Not sure.

Aye awafaehame yir right it's the same deal as last year, classed as a "closed doors" but anybody can just rock up like we all did last year, good excuse for a few hours of work playing it on a sunday afternoon >;)

SF

blowupsheep
14-01-2018, 02:44 AM
4pm kick off this afternoon, jebel ali centre of excellence shooting club, same place as last years match. Who from here plans to be there? would be good to catch up and put a face to a name?

COYR

Stand Free!!!

thebeachend
14-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Aye awafaehame yir right it's the same deal as last year, classed as a "closed doors" but anybody can just rock up like we all did last year, good excuse for a few hours of work playing it on a sunday afternoon >;)

SF

10 mins in. Christie just hit the post. Goal then chalked off for offside. Good tempo for a friendly. Chidie comfortable on the ball.

thebeachend
14-01-2018, 12:32 PM
1 down. Corner from Lewis left. Free run unmarked header from 6 yards. No chance keeper. Poor defending. Aberdeen been the better side.

Mason89
14-01-2018, 12:34 PM
1 down. Corner from Lewis left. Free run unmarked header from 6 yards. No chance keeper. Poor defending. Aberdeen been the better side.

Numerical superiority in the box still working a treat then. Wish they’d just mark players instead

thebeachend
14-01-2018, 12:34 PM
2 zip.

thebeachend
14-01-2018, 01:04 PM
Still 2 down. Not really a reflection of the game. Couple of flare ups. Tasty tackles from the Uzbeks.

macattack
14-01-2018, 01:26 PM
Any News on the Injured Players? I see May McGinn not in the 20 today!

Feck_the_Huns
14-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Still 2 down. Not really a reflection of the game. Couple of flare ups. Tasty tackles from the Uzbeks.

Looks like Chidi got tore in about these Uzbeks, only player to get booked.

Great to see such physicality; however, the SFA will have taken note of that already and will have briefed their referees to clamp down on any such behaviour. His colour wont help him either, with that lot.

thebeachend
14-01-2018, 04:07 PM

Great to see such physicality; however, the SFA will have taken note of that already and will have briefed their referees to clamp down on any such behaviour. His colour wont help him either, with that lot.

I wouldn't say he is physical. He made a couple of challenges he would be expected to. Very comfortable on the ball and looks like he can pick a pass, may need time to bring the fitness on.

Asked Niall when he would be back and at least 2 weeks away. All made time for photos with the kids, loon got his pics with all. Good PR trip.

RedStarTorphins
14-01-2018, 04:07 PM

Aye, the Masonic funny handshake mob that “run” our football will have already earmarked him as a yellow card or red card every week.
I’ll predict that by about mid February we’ll be moaning at him being a “marked man” with refs.