PDA

View Full Version : Contrasting Morecombe Performances

glasgowdave
28-12-2017, 07:41 AM
Morecombe is the second closest away fixture for us in Glasgow so we've made it a permanent date in the diary. Last year's performance in the 4-1 defeat was one of the very worst Notts performance ive ever seen...shambolic organisation and pretty gutless. The 4-1 victory, in complete contrast, was excellent in every way. It's my 5th game of the season but the most impressive albeit Morecombe were very poor. The goalie was first class in everything he did, especially coming out for the ball for which he has been criticised. Not many crosses though just through balls. The style of play was GREAT with lots of inter passing on the ground ,good movement and lots of options for the man with the ball. Hewitt was outstanding. Walker deserves a meritorious mention as does MOM ALlessandro.
Grant has fast feet and clear thinking and can definitely plsy in the no 10 role off either Ameobi or Stead so I'm surprised he isn't tried out more formally there.
There is no doubting we need just one or two top quality additions...not squad players...and there was some nudge nudge wink wink gossip about Billy Lee and the Peterborough lad who scored 60 goals in non league last year. Notts will average 7000+ for the rest of the season at home so surly a top quality young loaner from the premiership would benefit from this and Nolans guidance...surely?
I've got a nice bet on Notts securing automatic promotion pre season and we must strike whilst things are going our way. No play offs please. I couldn't stand it. It was GREAT meeting up with some old faces at Morecombe and we've all got a smile on our faces that has been missing for a very long time. Just one or two additions of quality and I'm sure we will do it as the squad is good enough and the team spirit and management ethos is first class. I've had two long trips down the lane this season and the atmosphere is night and day from recent years,especially all the youngsters. We are all , well nearly all, 100% behind everything that's going on and if we keep it going together...the sky's the limit.
My best Christmas prezzie from my sons this year...a stone in the new Meadow Lane wall. A brilliant idea and I haven't seen it mentioned on here..or I missed it( I read this message board 2/3 times a day) so I would encourage you to go for it if you can.
I really do love Notts and it is a massive reminder of a wonderful chilhood in Sneinton after 40 years living in Glasgow.
A merry Christmas and a happy and victorious new year to you all .
Ps I hope I haven't said anything that offends anyone and incurs the wrath of the post it police, unless that lack of offence is in its own way...offensive.

keldsyke
28-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Great balanced post 🙂👍

Wedgie_pie
28-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Happy New Year to you too Dave...Nice summary of the match, glad you enjoyed the game. Guess you are one of the only Notts fans who enjoy the trip to Carlisle Utd :)

Re the brick in the wall prezzie from your son.....Might be wrong but I've always thought it was for Notts supporters that have died...Watch your step mate, that famous Glaswegian TV detective said "There's been a murderrrrr".:s

tarquinbeech
28-12-2017, 08:33 AM
Nice one Dave, what a great match to pick as your "diary date"....I am still buzzing myself from watching it on iFollow, great support from the Notts fans behind the goal.

2am here and I have just watched the extended highlights with commentary....they look so much better when you can see the build up play that precedes our goals.....as you said, some of our interpassing was top quality, we look like worldbeaters when we keep it on the deck.

Several people have commented on Morecambe being poor, but the worst team in the division is Forest Green, and we really struggled at home against them.....the demolition job on Boxing Day was IMO down to a few early goals, Jones and Aless starting the game and I agree that Walker looked pretty useful....plus trying to keep the ball on the deck.

Jones overlapping, frees Grant to roam around the box where his finishing is lethal....Stead also had a decent game, possibly because he was our solo target man.

Nice to see you on here again Dave.

ps for the spelling police...this Mexican keyboard is screwed, none of the hyphens, apostrophes or question marks are where they are marked and I cannot be arsed to guess the correct sequence every time....it has taken me a week to realise that the @ is shift plus brackets, not alt plus gr plus q, as marked....it is driving me '@]sh....there is not even a delete button....rant over

arnapie
28-12-2017, 09:53 AM
brick in the wall prezzie from your son.....Might be wrong but I've always thought it was for Notts supporters that have died..

The brick is for anyone to buy wedgie.

Old_pie
28-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Nice one Dave, what a great match to pick as your "diary date"....I am still buzzing myself from watching it on iFollow, great support from the Notts fans behind the goal.

2am here and I have just watched the extended highlights with commentary....they look so much better when you can see the build up play that precedes our goals.....as you said, some of our interpassing was top quality, we look like worldbeaters when we keep it on the deck.

Several people have commented on Morecambe being poor, but the worst team in the division is Forest Green, and we really struggled at home against them.....the demolition job on Boxing Day was IMO down to a few early goals, Jones and Aless starting the game and I agree that Walker looked pretty useful....plus trying to keep the ball on the deck.

Jones overlapping, frees Grant to roam around the box where his finishing is lethal....Stead also had a decent game, possibly because he was our solo target man.

Nice to see you on here again Dave.

ps for the spelling police...this Mexican keyboard is screwed, none of the hyphens, apostrophes or question marks are where they are marked and I cannot be arsed to guess the correct sequence every time....it has taken me a week to realise that the @ is shift plus brackets, not alt plus gr plus q, as marked....it is driving me '@]sh....there is not even a delete button....rant over

Despite your keyboard problems at least you can spell Morecambe correctly despite not having just been there.

tarquinbeech
28-12-2017, 09:58 AM
The brick is for anyone to buy wedgie.

Dave will be relieved then, he can remove that chair wedged against the inside front door handle.....hahaha

Elite_Pie
28-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Re the brick in the wall prezzie from your son.....Might be wrong but I've always thought it was for Notts supporters that have died...Watch your step mate, that famous Glaswegian TV detective said "There's been a murderrrrr".:s

This is a new wall, suitable for both alive and deceased:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/fan-wall/

Talking of deceased, there is also the opportunity for anyone who knows a Notts fan who has passed away in 2017 to have their name read out at half time in the game against Port Vale on New Years Day:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/supporters-memorial/

tarquinbeech
28-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Despite your keyboard problems at least you can spell Morecambe correctly despite not having just been there.

I must admit that I always want to spell it with an O in the cambe.....but having had the odd weekend there in my youth, I was aware that that was not wise.

justincast
28-12-2017, 11:36 AM
Morecombe is the second closest away fixture for us in Glasgow so we've made it a permanent date in the diary. Last year's performance in the 4-1 defeat was one of the very worst Notts performance ive ever seen...shambolic organisation and pretty gutless. The 4-1 victory, in complete contrast, was excellent in every way. It's my 5th game of the season but the most impressive albeit Morecombe were very poor. The goalie was first class in everything he did, especially coming out for the ball for which he has been criticised. Not many crosses though just through balls. The style of play was GREAT with lots of inter passing on the ground ,good movement and lots of options for the man with the ball. Hewitt was outstanding. Walker deserves a meritorious mention as does MOM ALlessandro.
Grant has fast feet and clear thinking and can definitely plsy in the no 10 role off either Ameobi or Stead so I'm surprised he isn't tried out more formally there.
There is no doubting we need just one or two top quality additions...not squad players...and there was some nudge nudge wink wink gossip about Billy Lee and the Peterborough lad who scored 60 goals in non league last year. Notts will average 7000+ for the rest of the season at home so surly a top quality young loaner from the premiership would benefit from this and Nolans guidance...surely?
I've got a nice bet on Notts securing automatic promotion pre season and we must strike whilst things are going our way. No play offs please. I couldn't stand it. It was GREAT meeting up with some old faces at Morecombe and we've all got a smile on our faces that has been missing for a very long time. Just one or two additions of quality and I'm sure we will do it as the squad is good enough and the team spirit and management ethos is first class. I've had two long trips down the lane this season and the atmosphere is night and day from recent years,especially all the youngsters. We are all , well nearly all, 100% behind everything that's going on and if we keep it going together...the sky's the limit.
My best Christmas prezzie from my sons this year...a stone in the new Meadow Lane wall. A brilliant idea and I haven't seen it mentioned on here..or I missed it( I read this message board 2/3 times a day) so I would encourage you to go for it if you can.
I really do love Notts and it is a massive reminder of a wonderful chilhood in Sneinton after 40 years living in Glasgow.
A merry Christmas and a happy and victorious new year to you all .
Ps I hope I haven't said anything that offends anyone and incurs the wrath of the post it police, unless that lack of offence is in its own way...offensive.

Good positive post & glad you enjoyed the Morecambe game after suffering a year earlier. Massive steps have been made around the club on & off the field in the last 12 months. I had the pleasure of sitting next to you & chatting at the Lincoln 4-1 home game & sharing your joy of the result & performance after the long journey, which of late had often been fruitless for you. With also coming from Sneinton enjoyed your company & delight as we both predicted Jorge Grant to bend in the free kick right in front of us. Hope you get down the lane in the New Year & enjoy a great second half of the season. COYP

Old_pie
28-12-2017, 12:24 PM
I must admit that I always want to spell it with an O in the cambe.....but having had the odd weekend there in my youth, I was aware that that was not wise.

V. Good.

Maybe I'll try Glosgwegian for a few weeks and see how many kisses I can muster.

Woodsetts_Pie
28-12-2017, 04:43 PM

It certainly wasn't Wise... It was Morecambe... XD

I'll get my coat....