View Full Version : All things Aberdeen vs the Diet Huns 30 Dec 2018

Landvetter83
30-12-2017, 12:18 AM
In
Mainer D
Shuttle Bus
Shuttle Bus home followed by 5 am Red uncorked
7-0 Considine Hat-Trick

Looks likely prediction will be toast this time as big Andy got a knee in the erse from Miles Storey the other night.

Likely to be a towsy affair on a freezing cold day on a pitch that's taking a bit of a hammering.

F@@k this 400 odd minutes not conceding by the diets - they'll be picking it out out 7 times the morn - COYR!

HNY Dandies .... :D

Landvetter83
30-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Taxi!

That should be 30 Dec 2017 ....

Mason89
30-12-2017, 12:24 AM
We’ll win.

They’re Hearts & we’re not

2-0

87kilos
30-12-2017, 07:46 AM
3-1.

Rooney, Stewart and Christie.

hulldon
30-12-2017, 07:59 AM
In
Teddy Scott Lounge - first ever corporate after 47 years!
Pre - Prince if Wales and Teddy Scott
Post - Teddy Scott and Sports Village watching mates try to play 5-a-side!
Prediction - 1-0 Dons ( Rooney tap in)

Aldo1983
30-12-2017, 07:59 AM
0-0 them

Pacman1903
30-12-2017, 08:46 AM
Pre - Prince if Wales and Teddy Scott
Post - Teddy Scott and Sports Village watching mates try to play 5-a-side!

Will you be in a fit state? Has anyone ever been ejected from the Sports Village for being steaming

hulldon
30-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Pacman- only one way to find out .....

medw1311
30-12-2017, 01:57 PM

Pacman1903
30-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Is the Farts squad full of kids?

DonUnder
30-12-2017, 02:36 PM
They canna eject Santa!

Jealous never done corporate though.

Aldo1983
30-12-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm going for 2-2 now

Jupiter
30-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Back to this 6 defenders nonsense again. I suppose it's to cope with Hearts hammer throwing hoofball rubbish.

thebeachend
30-12-2017, 03:03 PM
any working stream?

medw1311
30-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Nae commentary but does have video:
http://cricfree.sc/watch/live/aberdeen-vs-hearts-live-streaming

thebeachend
30-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Nae commentary but does have video:
http://cricfree.sc/watch/live/aberdeen-vs-hearts-live-streaming

Thats my usual go to but not working today.

theram1975
30-12-2017, 03:15 PM
Stream 1 on First Row is working.

medw1311
30-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Thats my usual go to but not working today.

Strange, working fine for me.

curvasud
30-12-2017, 03:19 PM
14 minutes - 'service' for Rooney - doesn't score.

Hopefully jinxes a hat trick.

thebeachend
30-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Stream 1 on First Row is working.

Thanks up and running. Why is McLean furthest up the pitch, striker?

irnbru1903
30-12-2017, 03:33 PM
Super Joe saving us there

InversneckieDob
30-12-2017, 03:34 PM
We're going to huff and puff then get picked off on the break.

Pacman1903
30-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Nae luck, two subs used in the frst half

thebeachend
30-12-2017, 03:39 PM
kenny mclean crossfield pass into the mainer, Donsdaft will be doing his nut

irnbru1903
30-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Not a plus for Rooney in his worthiness debate that miss

donsdaft
30-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Donsdaft missed first half altogether but is doing his nut because the p'oofter is playing at all.

Hopefully his last ever game.

RED_JOHN
30-12-2017, 03:55 PM
We're going to huff and puff then get picked off on the break.

^^^ unfortunately that is what we have got used to for a while now as we are always asking defensive players to do attacking work.

thebeachend
30-12-2017, 04:02 PM
will he change it? stewart on, consi oot

fk me he did it.......only 45 mins to start with the team he should have went with in the first place.

macattack
30-12-2017, 04:05 PM
will he change it? stewart on, consi oot

Spot on Consi off Stewart on !

medw1311
30-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Kenny Maclean at left back. Tansy and Considine both had pre-match fitness tests.

macattack
30-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Kenny Maclean at left back. Tansy and Considine both had pre-match fitness tests.

Haha Mclean at left back no way :O

RED_JOHN
30-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Haha Mclean at left back no way :O

Are you honestly surprised? Wait till Del sticks him in goals! :O

medw1311
30-12-2017, 04:40 PM
It seems to be a back 3 of McKenna, Arnason and Maclean. Logan more midfield. Maynard and wright coming on. Arnason and GMS off..wtf??

Pacman1903
30-12-2017, 04:45 PM
We are heading for 5 wins in 10 here. Not the greatest of reading that

Hopefully a break refreshes them

Jupiter
30-12-2017, 04:47 PM
So now he is using the tombola during a game.

Hairdrier
Not happening against the hammer throwers - Lafferty red card.

medw1311
Lafferty red card

medw1311
30-12-2017, 04:49 PM
3 Minutes to get a winner

Pacman1903
30-12-2017, 04:52 PM
3 Minutes to get a winner

Ill drink dirty Angolan bog water if we do.

Pacman1903
30-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Just noticed its 6 wins in 12

Its mad we are still second after lying down to sevco twice. Shows their form is as pish erratic as ours

thebeachend
30-12-2017, 04:55 PM
ach well, not good enough...

irnbru1903
30-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Disappointing. Didn't play badly but we have no one capable of unlocking a stubborn defence. We need competition for Rooney as he missed a good few that the player of old would have buried.

macattack
30-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Disappointing result to go into the winter break :(

EintrachtFrankfurt
30-12-2017, 04:57 PM
We need to be a lot sharper against teams like fartz who employ hoofball tactics and antics, Levein is a master at this kind of garbage.

RED_JOHN
30-12-2017, 04:59 PM
A rip roaring performance to hold Hearts to a 0-0 at home.

hulldon
30-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Can’t complain at effort today against a Farts team determined to get a point and kick as many Dons in the air as possible. No luck and a lack of quality in final ball and some good saves from Farts keeper ... Ref booked all of them as appropriate but should have added about 7/8 minutes on for time-wasting.
Major positives are ... enjoying first ever corporate ... (cheers farminloon) and .....thank f**k I’m not a Hearts fan! I pity them coming all this way for that bunch of hackers ... it shows that it’s a mentality when the 16 year old joins in the hacking ...

irnbru1903
30-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Well that kinda summed up 2017.

Highlight = McKenna and getting him signed up to 2021. Solid as.

Definitely this. McKenna was solid today and had a couple decent efforts on goal. The big positive is that seems to be growing into the role and improving week on week.

curvasud
30-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Boring excuses.

Failed to score. That simple.

57vintage
30-12-2017, 05:21 PM
These ****s used to be known as the por man’s huns, but of course the huns are their own poor man’s huns themselves now.

However, Hearts continue to resemble the huns around 1977, with every player a Jim Denny, Gregor Stevens or Alex ****ing Miller-alike.

We gave them a right going-over, and a bit more composure when presented with ample chances would have seen us through

And if just for over-ruling the linesman on an offside call, Beaton is a ****ing ****er.

InversneckieDob
30-12-2017, 05:28 PM
I remember these as far back as Eric Carruthers and Alan Anderson via Neil Berry and Walter Kidd.
As a club they've just been....... horrible for my (now lengthy) lifetime.
It's in their DNA and they have just the most appropriate manager.
C un ts.

Spielführer_1903
30-12-2017, 05:45 PM
It seems to be a back 3 of McKenna, Arnason and Maclean. Logan more midfield. Maynard and wright coming on. Arnason and GMS off..wtf??

What are you blethering aboot? Garbage like this doesn't deserve a decent reply.

Nonsense.

Spielführer_1903
30-12-2017, 05:49 PM
MOTM - McKenna, super showing from the young Centre Half and is getting better by the game. I prefer him and Arnason in there.

A really pathetic performance by O'Connor for me. He walked about the pitch most of the time and was too slow to react to anything. He is in that position to break things up and get torn in, miles aff the pace.

I don't think we can be too unhappy, we battered them second half but just could not score. Hearts are dirty, physical and organised team again.

medw1311
30-12-2017, 05:57 PM
What are you blethering aboot? Garbage like this doesn't deserve a decent reply.

Nonsense.

I was stating the formation we were playing with and while I was writing that the double substitution was made so I mentioned that too and expressed an opinion that I found it somewhat bizarre...if that's okay with you?

Spielführer_1903
30-12-2017, 06:05 PM
I was stating the formation we were playing with and while I was writing that the double substitution was made so I mentioned that too and expressed an opinion that I found it somewhat bizarre...if that's okay with you?

If you are going to state the formation, dinnae tell fibs. You can mislead posters who aren't watching the game.

It was the usual back 4 but with McLean coming to collect the ball from them and Lewis to distribute up the pitch. The only one in the team that actually has the range of passing capable of doing this. McLean (not Maclean) was not at LB, ever.

Mason89
30-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Did we get bullied by a team of ****agers?

Mr_Grieves
30-12-2017, 06:31 PM
We're still not getting enough crosses into the box for Rooney but that'll change with the signing of McGinn, we did enough to win that today.

That performance perfectly summed up those purple hunb*stards. There's no way they could compete with us playing it on the deck so they resorted to their usual hacking, cheating, time wasting and longball sh1te.

I sincerely hope that Levein's and Lafferty's next sh1tes are massive hedgehogs.

sheepcrooky
30-12-2017, 06:33 PM

Don’t think we got bullied at all. We gave as much physical stuff back at them, but our challenges were fair. Hearts played a solid two lines of four which proved very difficult to get past. It was actually quite an enjoyable game.

Jupiter
30-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Hearts had 5 yellow cards and a red, we didn't have any.

Pacman1903
30-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Why did we start with one up front against a team who keep goals out for fun (5 previous games were clean sheets). The one up front who is being starved of service this season.

Im no Fergie or Michels but that seems to be making a clearly good defence have it easy. Doesnt seem like the wisest tactic

RED_JOHN
30-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Why did we start with one up front against a team who keep goals out for fun (5 previous games were clean sheets). The one up front who is being starved of service this season.

Im no Fergie or Michels but that seems to be making a clearly good defence have it easy. Doesnt seem like the wisest tactic

This is a major flaw with McInnes. We rely far too much on defensive players having to do the attacking for us. We don’t have the ability to break down half decent teams who sit in and play the way that McInnes likes.
At home especially we should be setting up to score goals against any team in the league that we play. Our lack of keeping the opposition goalkeeper busy has been a problem this season.
Hopefully more like McGinn coming in will rectify a weakness that needs solved quickly.

57vintage
30-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Christie was deployed as an auxiliary forward for most of the game, and for intensive periods in the second half, he and Shinnie tore the right hand side out of the brutes’ defence.

Nae luck at all today, apart from the stick-with-a-nail-through-it lot’s striker being total pish.

rico94
30-12-2017, 07:53 PM
Ach to be fair we were the only team trying to win it today.

Fearts have transformed back into a Levein side,very hard to break down but to be fair I thought their keeper made a few good saves.

Maybe the 10 pints I have had today are making my happy clapping side come out with that assessment XD

irnbru1903
30-12-2017, 08:10 PM
A game we dominated but could have quite easily lost. They made a hash of more than a few decent chances. I guess it isn't just us that are s hit in front of goal.

GASC1980
30-12-2017, 09:00 PM
I actually thought today was the best we have played all season. I thought McKenna was immense making a couple of very timely interventions. Goncalves or fitever his name is could actually have had a hatrick despite our domination. Surprised it took farts so long to revert to type and start hauling our players down. Decent crowd and atmosphere. Couldn't see how many they had today as I was in the south stand. Despite it being 0-0 I actually enjoyed the game. Just couldn't get that elusive goal. Regroup and recharge the batteries now for what will be a tricky cup tie against the Buddies.

afc1903mad
30-12-2017, 09:18 PM

This is a major flaw with McInnes. We rely far too much on defensive players having to do the attacking for us. We don’t have the ability to break down half decent teams who sit in and play the way that McInnes likes.
At home especially we should be setting up to score goals against any team in the league that we play. Our lack of keeping the opposition goalkeeper busy has been a problem this season.
Hopefully more like McGinn coming in will rectify a weakness that needs solved quickly.

Typical, the armchair remote fans are out in force despite not knowing how the game actually went.
We dominated the whole game and they relied on counter attacking.
They played a 5-4-1 formation, at times we only had 2 in defence we were pushing on so much.

Attacking so much, trying to break down the two banks of 5 and 4, we were left exposed to the counter attacks.
McLouchlin made some really good saves.

The game could have gone either way on opportunities, but only we were taking the game to the opposition.
Hearts came for a point, they could have sneaked 3, but we easily could have won the game as well.

If we had scored one of our chances, Hearts would have had to open up more and we would have created even more.

57vintage
30-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Apart from the pointless personal jibes, your assessment is pretty much how I saw it, and had my view validated when I watched it on BBC Alba this evening. We battered them fitba-wise, they just battered us literally. ****ing thugs.

afc1903mad
30-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Apart from the pointless personal jibes, your assessment is pretty much how I saw it, and had my view validated when I watched it on BBC Alba this evening. We battered them fitba-wise, they just battered us literally. ****ing thugs.

Well, it gets my goat when people not actually at the game suggest we were too defensive and should have had more attackers on.
Any opportunity, valid or not I tell you.
I wonder if they were secretly hoping we didn’t win.

irnbru1903
30-12-2017, 09:34 PM
I wonder if they were secretly hoping we didn’t win.

What utter drivel from the toppest bestest red on the forum. Have a biscuit.

RedStarTorphins
30-12-2017, 09:37 PM

They were dirty, horrible, time wasting b@stards.... but I don’t think Lafferty’s was a straight red. Yellow only.

afc1903mad
30-12-2017, 09:41 PM
What utter drivel from the toppest bestest red on the forum. Have a biscuit.

Why criticise when you clearly don’t know how the game panned out.
Do you think we were not attacking enough?

Rochead
30-12-2017, 09:43 PM
An enjoyable game except for the result, I didn’t have expect many if any goals as Heart defence has been solid of late. To start with I was impressed by their attempts to actually play football, however when that didn’t work they reverted to the Hearts we all know and ‘love’.
Agree with the comments of others regarding McKenna, it has been a pleasure watching him improve game after game.

57vintage
30-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Alba confirms that Shinnie wasn’t just tripped, he was scythed. A red card was the only outcome, although given Beaton’s aul mannies’ pish-weak performance otherwise, one widna have been surprised if he’d sapped oot.

irnbru1903
30-12-2017, 09:48 PM
I don't disagree with your assessment of the game although the fact we did not score or win allows for some debate as to whether other tactics, substitutions or formations would have been better.
Shooting down some who express such opinions just because you were at the game and they were not just comes across as being so petty.

thebeachend
30-12-2017, 09:48 PM
Why criticise when you clearly don’t know how the game panned out.
Do you think we were not attacking enough?

were we a better side in the 2nd or 1st half? Do you think the starting 11 was correct or did he pander to Hearts set up? the change at half time suggests he got it wrong although you may believe it was due to injury. We had good opportunities, but Hearts had 3 glaring opportunities. we were the better football side with massive stats in favour, but could well have lost. A good old fashioned game.

RED_JOHN
30-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Typical, the armchair remote fans are out in force despite not knowing how the game actually went.
They played a 5-4-1 formation, at times we only had 2 in defence we were pushing on so much.

Attacking so much, trying to break down the two banks of 5 and 4, we were left exposed to the counter attacks.

The game could have gone either way on opportunities, but only we were taking the game to the opposition.
Hearts came for a point, they could have sneaked 3, but we easily could have won the game as well.

If we had scored one of our chances, Hearts would have had to open up more and we would have created even more.

You really are a top Don as you were at the game...well done you. :)

Back to my point about the tactics we played...was I correct in thinking we were using our defensive players to try and break down a stubborn Hearts who played a 5-4-1?
Hearts the team that you state (which I don’t doubt) were defensively set up but managed to equal our 4 shots on target throughout the whole match!
My gripe with McInnes is that he has relied on a team of a majority of defensive players to break down Hearts. Why?

Feck_the_Huns
30-12-2017, 10:40 PM
They were dirty, horrible, time wasting b@stards.... but I don’t think Lafferty’s was a straight red. Yellow only.

Aye, I'll go with that assesment. Had a blocked view of it at the game and wasn't sure at the time, but it is a yellow for me too, after seeing it on Alba just now.

They are just a horrible football club, and their tactics today have been part of their DNA for as long as I've been going to the fitba (a fcuking long time)

A game we could have won, and could have lost. Slightly disappointed that we lacked the guile to get past their thuggish tactics today, but on the other hand, we stood up to them and went toe to toe, when in years gone by, we'd have folded

As a matter of interest, how did we rate Greg Stewart today? For me, once again, he failed to deliver.

By the way, McKenna is some boy, fantastic again today. On one hand, annoyed that the SMSM are ignoring him but on the other, great that he can develop unhindered with their pressure

Goalposter
30-12-2017, 11:05 PM
I thought Rooney was magnificent.

He got good service but was really really unlucky not to score.
I think his shoe laces were too heavy tbh.

Still our best option though obviously.

RedStarTorphins
30-12-2017, 11:16 PM
Aye, I'll go with that assesment. Had a blocked view of it at the game and wasn't sure at the time, but it is a yellow for me too, after seeing it on Alba just now.

They are just a horrible football club, and their tactics today have been part of their DNA for as long as I've been going to the fitba (a fcuking long time)

A game we could have won, and could have lost. Slightly disappointed that we lacked the guile to get past their thuggish tactics today, but on the other hand, we stood up to them and went toe to toe, when in years gone by, we'd have folded

As a matter of interest, how did we rate Greg Stewart today? For me, once again, he failed to deliver.

By the way, McKenna is some boy, fantastic again today. On one hand, annoyed that the SMSM are ignoring him but on the other, great that he can develop unhindered with their pressure

Hearts always have been a dirty lot.
I’m old enough to remember when they had that dirty horrible hun b@stard Alex MacDonald as manager.
Walter Kidd et al.
Under Levein, they’ll revert to being the horrible dirty shower of spoilers.

afc1903mad
30-12-2017, 11:56 PM
were we a better side in the 2nd or 1st half? Do you think the starting 11 was correct or did he pander to Hearts set up? the change at half time suggests he got it wrong although you may believe it was due to injury. We had good opportunities, but Hearts had 3 glaring opportunities. we were the better football side with massive stats in favour, but could well have lost. A good old fashioned game.

We were better and on top both 1st and second half.
Considine only passed a fitness test at 11 and DM said before the game he didn’t expect him to last the whole game when Stewart would come into play.
So we did not pander to Hearts, we were just unlucky not to break them down.
If Rooney close effort went in, it would have meant they had to open up.

Yes they had good chances, countering our attacks, hence why I think it’s folly to suggest we needed to be more attacking.
Any more open and they could have had more chances.

afc1903mad
31-12-2017, 12:03 AM
You really are a top Don as you were at the game...well done you. :)

Back to my point about the tactics we played...was I correct in thinking we were using our defensive players to try and break down a stubborn Hearts who played a 5-4-1?
Hearts the team that you state (which I don’t doubt) were defensively set up but managed to equal our 4 shots on target throughout the whole match!
My gripe with McInnes is that he has relied on a team of a majority of defensive players to break down Hearts. Why?

Lol, no. I’m a “top don” as I don’t criticise the team when I’ve not seen them play.

Also, you don’t think they were defensive :confused:, maybe we should go 5-4-1 and sit on the edge of our box then.
Is that your tactic to be more attacking?

Just to remind you, there was times we only had 2 defenders (Arnason and McKenna) with Logan and Shinnie pushed forward.
Your must be a Wind Up Merchant.
Lol, at least your making me smile with your viewpoint (or lack of ;))

Pacman1903
31-12-2017, 05:17 AM
I as I don’t criticise the team when I’ve not seen them play.

I was asking a genuine question and not criticising. I find it weird that we went to break down the most frugal of defences in the league with one up front. A one who is a cracking goal scorer who is out of sorts as he has been starved of service .(Mon Niall min help the loon)

Why was the same approach to the Hibs game not taken? That game proved that we can blow anyone away at home when we go for the jugular. Instead we have had a turgid 0-0 with Farts, A poor performance and a 1-0 win v bottom of the league(at the time) Partick, Fabulous win v Hibs, layed down and got our bellies tickled by the Sevco,sh@te v Motherwell ,a win v Ross County that was pretty dire viewing and well and truly schooled by celtic is a shocking manner(acceptable to some).In other words our home for has been pretty grim since we lost our unbeaten run to the pigs. 10 from 21 is not a good stat for home form

Our 6 wins in the last 12 home and away doesn't seem to be worrying anyone. That kind of form wont hold on to second spot.

87kilos
31-12-2017, 05:55 AM

No we didn't get "bullied" we were blatantly fouled, cynically tripped and fouled in order to reduce or ability to play football as Hearts couldn't cope. It resulted in the same old Levein filthy tactics. A stat fully supported by the card count.

We held our own (surprisingly) in the legit tackled and battles that were going on prior to Hearts players resorting to their cheating.

Not sure how people can say Laughable wasn't a red card.

Wasn't a bad game in all honesty, enjoyable to a point and I thought we were pretty decent for 90 minutes. Hopefully two or three January signings (including McGinn) will add a wee bit more quality.

hulldon
31-12-2017, 07:14 AM
I have to say, that any suggestions DM relied on our more “defensive” minded players to break Hearts down is a little wide of the mark. Yes AOC was used in CM first half but this allowed others inc. the full-backs to push on and with GMS, Christie and Rooney up top, we still had Shinnie and McLean trying to influence play in the Hearts half, where most of the play was.
DM also switched roles around at various times with GMS moving to the right and KM up top with Rooney and Christie more central at times.
When Stewart came on KM sat deeper and we tried to get Christie and GMS on the ball in the final third but we couldn’t manage it well enough or often enough.
As others have said, the first goal would have changed the game, and from our end (RDS) how the Rooney chance just before ht didn’t go in, we couldn’t fathom!
Hearts, to be fair too them, executed their game plan well, and almost played it like an away tie in Europe from the 80’s - sit deep, break fast to support their lone striker, and resort to fouling and time-wasting as the game went on, and it worked for them. Levein has them organised, cynical and willing to take a card for the team. ( and Lafferty’s was a red for me, all day long, but even a 2nd yellow meant he was off - how Levein can say he was “unlucky” is beyond me)That’s not how I’d like my team to play, but it’s effective up to a point.
As far as we are concerned, as others inc. DM have said, it was the sort of game where McGinn could have made a difference, but I’ve no real complaints with tactics or efforts, only a little lack of quality for the final ball or finishing, but we had enough chances to win the game, despite Hearts’ own chances on the break.
Roll on 2018, as I feel we could now be better placed with Niall back and GMS and Stewart more settled, and if Stevie May can click we have the chance to progress and clinch 2nd and potentially improve in Europe next season....
Yes, I’m a “glass-half-full” type, but hey-ho...
Happy New Year to one and all when it comes!
Hulldon

Pacman1903
31-12-2017, 07:38 AM
I have to say, that any suggestions DM relied on our more “defensive” minded players to break Hearts down is a little wide of the mark. Yes AOC was used in CM first half but this allowed others inc. the full-backs to push on and with GMS, Christie and Rooney up top, we still had Shinnie and McLean trying to influence play in the Hearts half, where most of the play was.
DM also switched roles around at various times with GMS moving to the right and KM up top with Rooney and Christie more central at times.
When Stewart came on KM sat deeper and we tried to get Christie and GMS on the ball in the final third but we couldn’t manage it well enough or often enough.
As others have said, the first goal would have changed the game, and from our end (RDS) how the Rooney chance just before ht didn’t go in, we couldn’t fathom!
Hearts, to be fair too them, executed their game plan well, and almost played it like an away tie in Europe from the 80’s - sit deep, break fast to support their lone striker, and resort to fouling and time-wasting as the game went on, and it worked for them. Levein has them organised, cynical and willing to take a card for the team. ( and Lafferty’s was a red for me, all day long, but even a 2nd yellow meant he was off - how Levein can say he was “unlucky” is beyond me)That’s not how I’d like my team to play, but it’s effective up to a point.
As far as we are concerned, as others inc. DM have said, it was the sort of game where McGinn could have made a difference, but I’ve no real complaints with tactics or efforts, only a little lack of quality for the final ball or finishing, but we had enough chances to win the game, despite Hearts’ own chances on the break.
Roll on 2018, as I feel we could now be better placed with Niall back and GMS and Stewart more settled, and if Stevie May can click we have the chance to progress and clinch 2nd and potentially improve in Europe next season....
Yes, I’m a “glass-half-full” type, but hey-ho...
Happy New Year to one and all when it comes!
Hulldon

Who cares about all that

The real question is did you manage to get yourself ejected from the Sports Village?

hulldon
31-12-2017, 07:52 AM
Pacman - I’m afraid not! I was very abstemious in the Teddy Scott lounge, so was well behaved at Sports Village.... and at least I saw some goals there, albeit scored at not great pace by a bunch of 50-somethings!!

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 08:48 AM

Well I'm glad you are a #TopRed

Otherwise those that didn't go yesterday wouldn't have known about;

"if we had scored our one chance it would have opened hearts up..."

"McLaughlin made some good saves"

"Hearts came for a point...but we could have easily won the game as well".

curvasud
31-12-2017, 08:58 AM
I thought after that, folk would finally realise Rooney is getting absolute sitters and missing them.

Then I read the same nonsense about service.

Ridiculous.

Pacman1903
31-12-2017, 09:20 AM
Pacman - I’m afraid not! I was very abstemious in the Teddy Scott lounge, so was well behaved at Sports Village.... and at least I saw some goals there, albeit scored at not great pace by a bunch of 50-somethings!!

Fair dos

How was the experience

I haven't done corporate since Shuggy Robertsons home debut v Falkirk.(to be honest ive done it twice in my life Pittodrie and Rothes)

DonUnder
31-12-2017, 09:32 AM

Used to be cool man

actually perhaps not.

But your assesment of the game, from what i saw on RTI, was on the money. AOC is a limited player and if asked to be centre-mid break up guy hardly his fault if farts decide to by-pass midfield and play parkbus/hoofball. Perhaps DM saw this and reacted but , to me, it was a game crying out for McGinn and Stewart is a close as he had.

The chance you saw was a great save but I do think Rooney should (and two seasnons ago would) have buried it.

Anyway onwards and upwards

Goalposter
31-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Arguments etc but...

Happy new year guys.

������

afc1903mad
31-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Well I'm glad you are a #TopRed

Otherwise those that didn't go yesterday wouldn't have known about;

"if we had scored our one chance it would have opened hearts up..."

"McLaughlin made some good saves"

"Hearts came for a point...but we could have easily won the game as well".

Aldo min, you just pissed off as your one that doesn’t come to games.
Your choice....

afc1903mad
31-12-2017, 10:20 AM
I was asking a genuine question and not criticising. I find it weird that we went to break down the most frugal of defences in the league with one up front. A one who is a cracking goal scorer who is out of sorts as he has been starved of service .(Mon Niall min help the loon)

Why was the same approach to the Hibs game not taken? That game proved that we can blow anyone away at home when we go for the jugular. Instead we have had a turgid 0-0 with Farts, A poor performance and a 1-0 win v bottom of the league(at the time) Partick, Fabulous win v Hibs, layed down and got our bellies tickled by the Sevco,sh@te v Motherwell ,a win v Ross County that was pretty dire viewing and well and truly schooled by celtic is a shocking manner(acceptable to some).In other words our home for has been pretty grim since we lost our unbeaten run to the pigs. 10 from 21 is not a good stat for home form

Our 6 wins in the last 12 home and away doesn't seem to be worrying anyone. That kind of form wont hold on to second spot.

The difference between Hibs and Hearts was not our set up or approach.
The difference was how the opposition set up.
You’ve alluded to that yourself with how teams come to Pittodrie.

Just to remind you and everyone else, despite your negative perception, we have attained more points this year so far compared with our record achieving total last year at the same stage.

RED_JOHN
31-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Lol, no. I’m a “top don” as I don’t criticise the team when I’ve not seen them play.

Also, you don’t think they were defensive :confused:, maybe we should go 5-4-1 and sit on the edge of our box then.
Is that your tactic to be more attacking?

Just to remind you, there was times we only had 2 defenders (Arnason and McKenna) with Logan and Shinnie pushed forward.
Your must be a Wind Up Merchant.
Lol, at least your making me smile with your viewpoint (or lack of ;))

Sorry pal, you have just taken what I said the wrong way:
I did state that Hearts were defensive (and that was meant) and played a 5-4-1. Correct?
My main point though is that Hearts even with their defensive approach mustered the same amount of shots on target as us and that is something we vastly need to improve on.
I liked Hulldon’s answer to the debate of using defensive players to do the attacking work...fair play.
I could counter though and say McLean (under McInnes) plays a deeper role nowadays and to be honest it certainly does him no favours. Shinnie is also a defensive midfielder generally (under McInnes) not an attacking midfielder. O’Conner is useless...in games when he is really required he goes missing and offers nothing.
I just don’t like the balance of our team as we cannot attack threatening enough and we all agree we cannot defend good enough against the better teams we come up against.

afc1903mad
31-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Sorry pal, you have just taken what I said the wrong way:
I did state that Hearts were defensive (and that was meant) and played a 5-4-1. Correct?
My main point though is that Hearts even with their defensive approach mustered the same amount of shots on target as us and that is something we vastly need to improve on.
I liked Hulldon’s answer to the debate of using defensive players to do the attacking work...fair play.
I could counter though and say McLean (under McInnes) plays a deeper role nowadays and to be honest it certainly does him no favours. Shinnie is also a defensive midfielder generally (under McInnes) not an attacking midfielder. O’Conner is useless...in games when he is really required he goes missing and offers nothing.
I just don’t like the balance of our team as we cannot attack threatening enough and we all agree we cannot defend good enough against the better teams we come up against.
Shinnie especially and McLean burst forward beyond the strikers.
I would disagree with your assessment of McLean too, we will badly miss him when he leaves

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Aldo min, you just pissed off as your one that doesn’t come to games.
Your choice....

What's my choice?

#TopRed

Pacman1903
31-12-2017, 10:59 AM
Just to remind you and everyone else, despite your negative perception, we have attained more points this year so far compared with our record achieving total last year at the same stage.

Last season first ten games DDWLDWWWWL
This season first ten games WWWWDDWWWL

The difference being excellent start this season is keeping us second for now. The two seasons are opposite so far we have gone down hill this season after a good start where we got better as the season went on after a poor start last season

If our erratic form continues we will be quickly replaced in second. Since that embarrassing mullering to the pigs at Pittodrie we have went down hill. 6 wins in 12 is proof. We are lucky sevco have done the same.

Goalposter
31-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Guys just be happy ur not a hun.

������������������

RED_JOHN
31-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Shinnie especially and McLean burst forward beyond the strikers.
I would disagree with your assessment of McLean too, we will badly miss him when he leaves

What do you disagree with about McLean? I said he plays in a deeper role for McInnes and I think it does not suit his game and that will be a major factor on why he wants to leave.
He is another player that too often in bigger matches doesn’t contribute nearly enough as a footballer. Maybe him leaving will suit both him and the club.

sheepcrooky
31-12-2017, 05:39 PM
What do you disagree with about McLean? I said he plays in a deeper role for McInnes and I think it does not suit his game and that will be a major factor on why he wants to leave.
He is another player that too often in bigger matches doesn’t contribute nearly enough as a footballer. Maybe him leaving will suit both him and the club.

I think McLean flatters to deceive. Without a doubt, he is very skilful and has a great left foot. Also, he does actually track back a lot and is quite central to our play.

However, for playing in (almost) every game, his contribution in terms of goals and assists would be extremely low. I think we are not getting the best of him, and a move, as RJ says, may suit all.

Feck_the_Huns
31-12-2017, 06:02 PM
I think McLean flatters to deceive. Without a doubt, he is very skilful and has a great left foot. Also, he does actually track back a lot and is quite central to our play.

However, for playing in (almost) every game, his contribution in terms of goals and assists would be extremely low. I think we are not getting the best of him, and a move, as RJ says, may suit all.

Correct. Trying to recall McLean from when he played at St Mirren; I can remember a 2-2 draw at Pittodrie when we were leading 2-0; dropping into defence in order in initiate attacks to get his team back in the game, he wasn't.

How many goals has he scored here, in 3 years? Must be under 10?

Not a huge loss, when he goes. Not in the same way Christie will be

Getintaethem
31-12-2017, 06:48 PM
erratic form

XD.

second in the league

XD

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 07:07 PM

The difference being excellent start this season is keeping us second for now. The two seasons are opposite so far we have gone down hill this season after a good start where we got better as the season went on after a poor start last season

If our erratic form continues we will be quickly replaced in second. Since that embarrassing mullering to the pigs at Pittodrie we have went down hill. 6 wins in 12 is proof. We are lucky sevco have done the same.

Pumped twice in a week by our closest rivals, still not got any points off Celtic and papped out the league cup and Europe. Hardly progress.

Still, we have more points than last season in a league we can't win.

Yay.

Pacman1903
31-12-2017, 07:09 PM
XD.

second in the league

XD

We may be second now. But for how long

I stick by my erratic form line. We had a f@cking beauty of a start to the season which has tailed off significantly since we were embarrassed at our own midden by celtic. How can you not see that. 6 wins in 12 since then.In seasons gone by we would not have been second with form like that. We are extremely bloody lucky that the team in third is equally erratic if not worse. The fact sevco blootered us twice and still havent leapfrogged us is testament to their form.

Mason89
31-12-2017, 07:09 PM
The fixture computer was also very kind to us this year

Jupiter
31-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Last year we had a very good second half of the season, can't see that happening again.

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Winning the Scottish cup. I'd rather that than stats about points.

Pacman1903
31-12-2017, 07:26 PM

Said it before id rather win a cup than come second and got laughed at by some not too long ago. (thats up there with the its "acceptable to be beaten by celtic" remarks.) We win f@ck all, we will not win the league so we really need to batter into the cups heid first as winning a cup is not out of the realms of possibility like the league is. Speaking of which. St Mirren is a proper potential banana skin

Anyway winners are remembered losers arent

rico94
31-12-2017, 07:30 PM

I think we would all rather win the Scottish cup but we have only won it 7 times in our entire history.

The way some of you go on it’s like we used to win it on a regular basis.

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 07:38 PM
I think we would all rather win the Scottish cup but we have only won it 7 times in our entire history.

Oh well, let's not bother then. Let Hearts, Hibs, Inverness and St Johnstone win it instead.

rico94
31-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Oh well, let's not bother then. Let Hearts, Hibs, Inverness and St Johnstone win it instead.

No,that’s not what I’m saying.Of course we should try to win it,but 7 times in 114 years proves how difficult it is.

Hairdrier
31-12-2017, 07:48 PM

We did used to win the SC on a regular basis (5 times between 1980-90).

:P

Pacman1903
31-12-2017, 07:49 PM
No,that’s not what I’m saying.Of course we should try to win it,but 7 times in 114 years proves how difficult it is.

Its been won by 7 teams in the last ten years one of which could well have been a different name if the semi at Ibrox wasnt made such a c@nt of

I have no doubt we can win that cup. But we need the same belief from people at the club

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 07:54 PM

It's been easier the last few years. Shirley being the 2nd best team in Scotland helps?

Mason89
31-12-2017, 07:58 PM

I can sense a Vintage/Sneckie ‘Bob Valentines a c*nt’ post coming soon :)

rico94
31-12-2017, 07:59 PM

Yeah we need to get over that golden period,we won it twice from 1903 to 1982 that tells you all you need to know.

For those who say it’s been easier this last few years how do you know that,it could have been just as easy in 19 oatcake.

InversneckieDob
31-12-2017, 08:01 PM
I can sense a Vintage/Sneckie ‘Bob Valentines a c*nt’ post coming soon :)

F u c k i n g jooooot b@stards!

Hairdrier
31-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Yeah we need to get over that golden period,we won it twice from 1903 to 1982 that tells you all you need to know.

For those who say it’s been easier this last few years how do you know that,it could have been just as easy in 19 oatcake.

I was just correcting your incorrect statement suggesting that we didn't used to win it on a regular basis - just to be clear.
Aberdeen have had one final in the SC in the last 15 years or so; reaching the SC final last season was a breakthrough.
You sound a bit like a Hearts supporter.

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 08:09 PM

It might have been just as easy in Nine**** Can**** but there hasn't been a spell where Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United and Rangers had imploded all at the same time.

rico94
31-12-2017, 08:14 PM
I was just correcting your incorrect statement suggesting that we didn't used to win it on a regular basis - just to be clear.
Aberdeen have had one final in the SC in the last 15 years or so; reaching the SC final last season was a breakthrough.
You sound a bit like a Hearts supporter.

Yes you are talking about us winning the SC on a regular basis in the 80s which we all know about.

What other period in our history have we won it on a regular basis?

Hairdrier
31-12-2017, 08:15 PM
Stop digging. You were wrong.

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Yes you are talking about us winning the SC on a regular basis in the 80s which we all know about.

What other period in our history have we won it on a regular basis?

When we've been decent. We are decent now and everyone else is **** except Celtic. Apparently.

rico94
31-12-2017, 08:20 PM
It might have been just as easy in Nine**** Can**** but there hasn't been a spell where Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United and Rangers had imploded all at the same time.

I thought Dundee Utd were a lower league team until the 70s and Hearts have been in and out of the league in their entire history.I think I’m right in saying that Hibs have just won the SC since the 1900s so what’s the excuse for us not winning it more often?

rico94
31-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Stop digging. You were wrong.

Yeah I deliberately said that because I knew someone would bite and remind us all of the Fergie era.

Congratulations have a coconut.

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 08:23 PM
I thought Dundee Utd were a lower league team until the 70s and Hearts have been in and out of the league in their entire history.I think I’m right in saying that Hibs have just won the SC since the 1900s so what’s the excuse for us not winning it more often?

So you think the last few years haven't been a great opportunity to win it compared to 2000 for example?

Hairdrier
31-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Yeah I deliberately said that because I knew someone would bite and remind us all of the Fergie era.

Congratulations have a coconut.

Aye sure you did - have a monkey nut for being a troll.
Alex Smith / Jocky Scott was the last manager (combo?) to win the SC with Aberdeen.

;D

andoplzcumbak
31-12-2017, 08:31 PM
How cool was Shinnie when Lafferty got red carded for halfing him. He actually stopped others from going for it. Was it Christie that ran up?

afc1903mad
31-12-2017, 08:51 PM

We’ve played more than 10 games, we’ve played 21 and have 3 more points to boot.
If you recall we had a **** period just after those 10 games in the October period.
It has nothing to do with SevCo.
We are in transition with more than half the team new. (McKenna, Arnason, GMS / Wright, Christie, Stewart & May), not even counting Tansey, Ball, Maynard who are also new and played a part in the team.
Despite this transition, we remain better off this year than last.

rico94
31-12-2017, 09:06 PM
So you think the last few years haven't been a great opportunity to win it compared to 2000 for example?

Ah yes the great Hearts,Hibs and Dundee Utd teams of the 2000s,how many of them won the SC in that decade?

Fearts once I believe but you can’t blame them we had the world class Livingston and Dunfermline teams back in those days XD

rico94
31-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Aye sure you did - have a monkey nut for being a troll.
Alex Smith / Jocky Scott was the last manager (combo?) to win the SC with Aberdeen.

;D

Na really did they?

I didn’t know that XD

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Ah yes the great Hearts,Hibs and Dundee Utd teams of the 2000s,how many of them won the SC in that decade?

Fearts once I believe but you can’t blame them we had the world class Livingston and Dunfermline teams back in those days XD

Missing the point Rico but I think you know that.

Rangers AND Celtic were miles better then than they are now. So were Hibs and Hearts compared to how they are now.

We were pish.

So...easier then or the last few years?

rico94
31-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Missing the point Rico but I think you know that.

Rangers AND Celtic were miles better then than they are now. So were Hibs and Hearts compared to how they are now.

We were pish.

So...easier then or the last few years?

I’m not missing the point,how many times did the cheeks knock us out of the cups between 2000 and 2010?

I can let you know if you want but I think you know how many times we got knocked out the cups in that decade by lower league teams,but that doesn’t count right cos we were pish back then.

Aldo1983
31-12-2017, 09:48 PM
I’m not missing the point,how many times did the cheeks knock us out of the cups between 2000 and 2010?

I can let you know if you want but I think you know how many times we got knocked out the cups in that decade by lower league teams,but that doesn’t count right cos we were pish back then.

That's my point XD

Anyway, happy new year Rico. Let's have the exact same argument in a couple of months and so on :heart:

Hairdrier
31-12-2017, 09:54 PM
How cool was Shinnie when Lafferty got red carded for halfing him. He actually stopped others from going for it. Was it Christie that ran up?

Shinnie is a class act. If it had been the other way round Lavatory would have been rolling around the ground and Shinnie would have had a 3 game ban.

sheepcrooky
31-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Shinnie is a class act. If it had been the other way round Lavatory would have been rolling around the ground and Shinnie would have had a 3 game ban.

Fertz are appealing the red card.

Hairdrier
31-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Shinnie should have got up and panned Lafferty.

I blame Stuart Milne. Everyone is too nice at the club.

rico94
31-12-2017, 10:18 PM
That's my point XD

Anyway, happy new year Rico. Let's have the exact same argument in a couple of months and so on :heart:

Yeah I know aldo,I hardly agree with you about your views on the Dons but believe it or not I respect your opinions and enjoy our arguments on here even if I take it too far some times,apologies if I do and have a good new year:)

andoplzcumbak
31-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Shinnie should have got up and panned Lafferty.

I blame Stuart Milne. Everyone is too nice at the club.

I know what you mean, I kinda wanted him to let Christie steam in. It was good to see some of them stand up for Shinnie anyway.

rico94
31-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Aww group hug ab'dy :P
Certain posters need to note how it's done - differences of opinions debated without petty shi te and top red nonsense. We're all dandies at the end of the day.

Here's to fewer personal jibes in 2018 and lifting the cup in May :star::star:

Love you too obi :)

Have a good new year.

Pacman1903
01-01-2018, 05:09 AM
We’ve played more than 10 games, we’ve played 21 and have 3 more points to boot.
If you recall we had a **** period just after those 10 games in the October period.
It has nothing to do with SevCo.
We are in transition with more than half the team new. (McKenna, Arnason, GMS / Wright, Christie, Stewart & May), not even counting Tansey, Ball, Maynard who are also new and played a part in the team.
Despite this transition, we remain better off this year than last.

You cant be using the transition line now. We were unbeaten in our first 7 domestic competitive games and 9 in the league

If you are talking about last season then what about the league cup. We limped out at the second hurdle this year. You don't seem to be mentioning that. You are hellbent on talking up the points situation and not the current

I will bet you we will end up worse off this season.Since our great start which is a huge factor in being second. Our current form is pointing to it. W have huffed and puffed against sh@te at home. Partick and Ross County we won but we weren't great. We have also been outplayed by Motherwell and lost, beaten by a much better team in sevco at home, drew 0-0 with Hearts who were full of kids. Hibs is the only shining light performance. All that in the last two months. What about away. Hamilton draw(aye but it was the pitches fault),good win v Killie, pumped by sevco, nae great v Dundee, St Johnstone got battered and was a good performance, and schooled by a pedestrian paced celtic who could easily have upped their game but didn't have to. (but I suppose that's acceptable)

Its totally up and down. Two very good performances since the pigs destroyed us at pittodrie. What happened to the early form

That form will not sustain second place. Not a chance

Im not looking forward to St Mirren either. They are probably better than some of the teams in our league. But im sure if they knock us out it will be ok as we have more points than last season

Pacman1903
01-01-2018, 09:23 AM
The season before last (15/16) we had the same points tally as this season after the same games...........

but got papped out the league cup by lower league opposition Hibs at the first hurdle.............

then we got knocked out of the Scottish by Farts at the first hurdle

But i suppose because we had the same points as we do now this season that was also a success. You must have been pulling your hair out at the fact we had less points at new year last season. Talk about abject failure(even though we got to 2 finals)

Also to be noted in 2015/16 we finished with 71 points despite having more at new year than 16/17 where we finished with 76(which correct me if im wrong is a club record in the 3 point win days). So your points fascination at new year is bizarre

RED_JOHN
01-01-2018, 10:28 AM
^^^
It’s just a happy clappers dream about having more points at new year.
They don’t want to hear about any other opinion other than their blinkered view.
The Scottish cup is our only chance of getting a trophy this season but the excuses coming out already about how often we have won it etc are cringeworthy...we are supposed to be the 2nd top team in Scotland so unless we capitulate again against Celtic along the way I fully expect us to get to the final. If we don’t then that is failure.

Goalposter
01-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Until we get to the europa group stages, I'll be disappointed deep down.

We should be better than we are and as fans , have far more ambitions.

neilthedon
01-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Until we get to the europa group stages, I'll be disappointed deep down.

We should be better than we are and as fans , have far more ambitions.

This. But I`m already fretting about how that will affect our League position given the "threadbare " squad , and the extra games !!

RED_JOHN
01-01-2018, 01:35 PM
This. But I`m already fretting about how that will affect our League position given the "threadbare " squad , and the extra games !!

:)

In all honesty I don’t think we will be worrying about the Europa league group stages :p

Hairdrier
01-01-2018, 02:06 PM
The last lineup to get beyond the group stages (or indeed even get into the group stages) had Darren Mackie and Langfield in the side vs. Dnipro:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/7019712.stm

Not sure that adventurous signings are the answer.

theram1975
01-01-2018, 02:22 PM
The last lineup to get beyond the group stages (or indeed even get into the group stages) had Darren Mackie and Langfield in the side vs. Dnipro:

Totally different scenario in those days as we only had to play one round to reach the group rather than 3 or 4 rounds nowadays.

Even then, we would have been out if Clangers had not transformed into Zoff for 90 minutes in the away leg.

neilthedon
01-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Aye Red , but I`m a Happy Clapper Heck . We nearly made it this year despite being " in transition " !!

Mixed feelings watching the Cypriots do so well. @Usual ifs and buts . But,...( !! ) our team that finished the Scottisg Cup Final would have done it. So ALL we need to do is replace Johnny Hayes now ?!!...........................Easy, eh ?

Hairdrier
01-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Totally different scenario in those days as we only had to play one round to reach the group rather than 3 or 4 rounds nowadays.

Even then, we would have been out if Clangers had not transformed into Zoff for 90 minutes in the away leg.

That team of misfits masterminded by Calderwood subsequently got out of a group with some big sides in it, e.g. Atletico Madrid. The big difference between the competition then and now being the summer qualifiers, favouring clubs with bigger squads, with more foreign internationals in them.

I'm still hopeful.

:)

Pacman1903
01-01-2018, 02:49 PM

He f@cking did. Unbelievable performance

Mason89
01-01-2018, 03:02 PM
He was a good shot stopper

afc1903mad
01-01-2018, 03:47 PM
You cant be using the transition line now. We were unbeaten in our first 7 domestic competitive games and 9 in the league

If you are talking about last season then what about the league cup. We limped out at the second hurdle this year. You don't seem to be mentioning that. You are hellbent on talking up the points situation and not the current

I will bet you we will end up worse off this season.Since our great start which is a huge factor in being second. Our current form is pointing to it. W have huffed and puffed against sh@te at home. Partick and Ross County we won but we weren't great. We have also been outplayed by Motherwell and lost, beaten by a much better team in sevco at home, drew 0-0 with Hearts who were full of kids. Hibs is the only shining light performance. All that in the last two months. What about away. Hamilton draw(aye but it was the pitches fault),good win v Killie, pumped by sevco, nae great v Dundee, St Johnstone got battered and was a good performance, and schooled by a pedestrian paced celtic who could easily have upped their game but didn't have to. (but I suppose that's acceptable)

Its totally up and down. Two very good performances since the pigs destroyed us at pittodrie. What happened to the early form

That form will not sustain second place. Not a chance

Im not looking forward to St Mirren either. They are probably better than some of the teams in our league. But im sure if they knock us out it will be ok as we have more points than last season

The season before last (15/16) we had the same points tally as this season after the same games...........

but got papped out the league cup by lower league opposition Hibs at the first hurdle.............

then we got knocked out of the Scottish by Farts at the first hurdle

But i suppose because we had the same points as we do now this season that was also a success. You must have been pulling your hair out at the fact we had less points at new year last season. Talk about abject failure(even though we got to 2 finals)

Also to be noted in 2015/16 we finished with 71 points despite having more at new year than 16/17 where we finished with 76(which correct me if im wrong is a club record in the 3 point win days). So your points fascination at new year is bizarre

^^^
It’s just a happy clappers dream about having more points at new year.
They don’t want to hear about any other opinion other than their blinkered view.
The Scottish cup is our only chance of getting a trophy this season but the excuses coming out already about how often we have won it etc are cringeworthy...we are supposed to be the 2nd top team in Scotland so unless we capitulate again against Celtic along the way I fully expect us to get to the final. If we don’t then that is failure.

New year, same old ****e, by same old posters.
It’ll never change.
I’ll leave you guys to get your pleasure belittling our club and ignoring anything positive.

Wish you all the best for the new year and hope the Dons go on to better things

RED_JOHN
01-01-2018, 04:33 PM
New year, same old ****e, by same old posters.
It’ll never change.
I’ll leave you guys to get your pleasure belittling our club and ignoring anything positive.

Wish you all the best for the new year and hope the Dons go on to better things

Lol. Happy new debating year to you also. SaCk MCInNEs! :p

blowupsheep
02-01-2018, 03:34 AM

I think both clangers and dazza are just a wee bitty too old now mate.........

SF

ragnarok
02-01-2018, 04:51 AM
I don't think we're so much a team in transition as we are a team that is currently less than the sum of its parts. I get the feeling that McInnes signed certain players purely on the basis of reputation without having a particular system in mind. May, GMS and Stewart are very good signings on paper but I still don't think DM has a clear idea how they all fit together. McGinn will hopefully bring more balance to our attack.