PDA

View Full Version : OT - The Dark Side

upthemaggies
30-12-2017, 06:44 PM
My god, I've just read this post on their ***** board.

"Anyone remember when Fawaz was going to sell us to the Yanks and they were going to appoint Rowett.
Good times......

Almost feel sorry for them.
The points gap, plus the amount of teams between them and 6th, looks like they wouldn't even sniff the play-offs again this season by changing the manager. They're probably safe from the drop but it's depressing when you've got nothing to play for with half a season to go and your team is getting worse, and factor in what should have been a New Owner "bounce" it's not looking too good for them right now.
Can Notts capitalise, for once?

ncfcog
30-12-2017, 07:15 PM
It’s been funny on Twitter today, florist fans blaming radio red and red rag reporters for their poor form ��

Still think we are a long way from capitalising on anything at the moment, just need to get out of this league and push on from there. Hopefully a couple of good signings in Jan and we will be on our way.

Steward
30-12-2017, 08:25 PM
The fans who I look after don't expect Warbs to still be there at the end of season

upthemaggies
30-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Had to laugh at Fray trying to slap down the fans that were calling for their manager to be sacked pre-match. He actually compared Fw-word's position to last season's fellow strugglers Burton Albion (ignoring the massive gulf in attendances) and Birmingham City, who must have the dumbest owners for sacking a manger who had them on the verge of the play-offs since, well, since Fword sacked a manager who had them on the verge of the play-offs.

I'd be glad if they did sack him because I cannot stand listening to him, he always sounds almost out of breath, but not quite, with that stupid semi-posh southern accent. It's going to be Nigel Clough next isn't it. We might as well get that one over with.

SwalePie
31-12-2017, 02:27 AM
I'd be glad if they did sack him because I cannot stand listening to him, he always sounds almost out of breath, but not quite, with that stupid semi-posh southern accent.

So glad it isn't just me that thinks this. He has the most annoying voice/accent combination in football to my ears! Not sure there's any posh in it though ;)

irishpete
31-12-2017, 06:59 AM
KN to them? AH was asked on twitter t'other day if any truth in the rumour.Naturally laughed it off but,you never say never.

i961pie
31-12-2017, 07:56 AM
So glad it isn't just me that thinks this. He has the most annoying voice/accent combination in football to my ears! Not sure there's any posh in it though ;)

Oh I don't know, Keith Curle is a strong challenger for that;D

sidders
31-12-2017, 09:45 AM
KN to them? AH was asked on twitter t'other day if any truth in the rumour.Naturally laughed it off but,you never say never.

Line from the bard for you, Swale - 'Jesters do oft prove profits'.

arnapie
31-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Warburton has been sacked

seriouspie
31-12-2017, 10:11 AM

King Lear: Act 5 Scene 3 quote ........ "Jesters do oft prove prophets" ....... not 'profits'.

marshall55
31-12-2017, 10:11 AM
I hope he stays, otherwise Grant and Yates will be going back over.

arnapie
31-12-2017, 10:12 AM
i hope he stays, otherwise grant and yates will be going back over.

sacked

drillerpie
31-12-2017, 10:14 AM
sacked

There goes another 5 year plan 😂

Amazing how his star has fallen since Brentford.

I hope the agreement to keep Jorge Grant in January is written down somewhere and not just a verbal agreement with Warburton.

marshall55
31-12-2017, 10:16 AM
sacked

So both players could well be re called, double whammy.

drillerpie
31-12-2017, 10:16 AM

Sorry didn't see that 😊

The_Don_ORiordan
31-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Joke club. Make our club look professional. Even under Trew. Shame, as someone else might actually get them enough points to stay up.
Gary Brazil would be a good bet until the end if the season though.... :)

Unless the owners have someone lined up it will be a wasted January.

JoePass
31-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Joke club. Make our club look professional. Even under Trew. Shame, as someone else might actually get them enough points to stay up.
Gary Brazil would be a good bet until the end if the season though.... :)

Unless the owners have someone lined up it will be a wasted January.

Sizing up Karanka.

keldsyke
31-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Again a supporter sacking I fear, considering where they were last year mid table or higher was what was required, and considering where they are I consider he was on track.

I nearly posted this earlier in the week, if you listen to his interview after Sheff Weds ( I think ) he goes on about how people say to him that Forest deserve to be in the premier league, and to be fair he said it how it was what Forest are a mid table Championship club and they need to work to get there and it will take time. It would be nice to see a chairman/board stick with a manager and give him time.

What worries me on here considering where we were this time last year people on here are already moaning about KN and his tactics considering we are second in the league!

Look at where Forest are today and where we are today and appreciate what we have as a club and team we are very fortunate. WHEN results start to go bad I hope we ALL stick by KN and AH and just remember how far we have come in a year compared to other clubs who have trod water or gone even further backwards!

Elite_Pie
31-12-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm very surprised they've got rid this quick, he didn't seem under much fan pressure apart from the usual social media trolls. Looks like the Fat Greek is as impatient as Fawaz. At least we won't have to hear Warburton talk about 'Ben Bweweton' any more!

countygump
31-12-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm very surprised they've got rid this quick, he didn't seem under much fan pressure apart from the usual social media trolls. Looks like the Fat Greek is as impatient as Fawaz. At least we won't have to hear Warburton talk about 'Ben Bweweton' any more!

Actually, I'm surprised as well. They were improving, albeit results were a bit hit and miss. As you say, looks like Zorba is a hire-em fire-em waller as well.

SwalePie
31-12-2017, 12:14 PM

Mistaken identity Sidders? (Prophets btw)

sidders
31-12-2017, 12:16 PM
King Lear: Act 5 Scene 3 quote ........ "Jesters do oft prove prophets" ....... not 'profits'.

Clickbait!!!!

seriouspie
31-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Clickbait!!!!

If you say so Sid ........ but not as written by Willie S! Taken in another context it is true ... many a comedian has made large proven profits haven't they?

Bohinen
31-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Actually, I'm surprised as well. They were improving, albeit results were a bit hit and miss. As you say, looks like Zorba is a hire-em fire-em waller as well.

They are second from bottom of the current form table.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away

Forest will never again go up or down. If they go higher in the league they start to believe their own fans saying they deserve to be a Premiership team because they were Euro Champs etc and think they've made it already. That arrogance causes them to underestimate teams and they start losing. Then they go lower in the league, reality kicks in and their expensive signings start to perform at a slightly higher level, and if not, they buy some more.

Itsadogslife
31-12-2017, 12:54 PM
So both players could well be re called, double whammy. or maybe they become surplus to requirements with a new manager?

upthemaggies
31-12-2017, 01:04 PM
There's a fair few posts now across the various forums claiming that the Greek owner is worse than Fawaz!

irishpete
31-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Surprised that McParland fella has gone,did't think he was on the coaching side of things.
Gary Monk would be a good replacement for them,but kebab man will probably get one of his mates in

LaughingMagpie
31-12-2017, 01:21 PM
The fans who I look after don't expect Warbs to still be there at the end of season

Do you work in a care home? 😂

SwalePie
31-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Do you work in a care home? 

He does. It's known as the Trentside Home for History Dwellers or something.

LaughingMagpie
31-12-2017, 01:26 PM
They are second from bottom of the current form table.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:championship/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away

That arrogance causes them to underestimate teams and they start losing.
On radio red before the match they were talking about thrashing Sunderland. They will never learn.

My only surprise is they didn't mention how well they played against QPR a couple of months ago. They usually do.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
31-12-2017, 01:28 PM

Yates maybe..Grant won't get a sniff over there.

SwalePie
31-12-2017, 01:36 PM
On radio red before the match they were talking about thrashing Sunderland. They will never learn.

My only surprise is they didn't mention how well they played against QPR a couple of months ago. They usually do.

Was that 'couple of months ago' in 1978?

navypie
31-12-2017, 02:04 PM

Well that's how I would spell his name.

arnapie
31-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Surprised that McParland fella has gone,did't think he was on the coaching side of things.
Gary Monk would be a good replacement for them,but kebab man will probably get one of his mates in

McParland walked out Friday morning.

Steward
31-12-2017, 02:16 PM
I was expecting a 3hr matchtalk special

countygump
31-12-2017, 03:15 PM
I was expecting a 3hr matchtalk special

And a 300 page pull-out in the Evening Post.

JoePass
31-12-2017, 03:19 PM

Amazed at Sid the kid, the left wing Corbynistas don’t like the word..profit

seriouspie
31-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Amazed at Sid the kid, the left wing Corbynistas don’t like the word..profit

That's because they don't know the meaning of profit, everything spent to the last penny is their policy so more can be borrowed.

Frigiliana Pie 1
31-12-2017, 03:47 PM
They get rid of managers faster than we do. Since June 2011 they’ve dismissed 10. Our score in the same period is only 8.

jacobncfc
31-12-2017, 03:53 PM
So both players could well be re called, double whammy.

I’m not too worried, Yates is miles away from being ready for the Championship and Grant isn’t there either (though his goals may tempt a new manager I suppose).

Priority for this season for anyone coming in will be to steady the ship, tighten up their awful defence, get more out of their expensive signings etc. Would be surprised if two young loanees a couple of leagues down featured much in their thinking.

i961pie
31-12-2017, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=Bohinen;38746088]They are second from bottom of the current form table.

Forest will never again go up or down.

That's a very bold statement, I will bet you a fiver they will. It might not be for a long time though;D

essexred52
31-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Always will be in our shadow no matter what happens!.

Elite_Pie
31-12-2017, 06:11 PM

Maybe, maybe not, but what do you think of the decision? I can't see any logic at all in sacking him now. It looks unlikely that you will go up or down this season, so the sensible strategy would be to give him the January transfer window to strengthen the squad, then make a judgement at the end of the season on whether he's building something worthwhile for the future or not. Sacking him now seems just the sort of knee-jerk reaction that has cost us badly in recent years.

adlestropred
31-12-2017, 06:15 PM

Also Nolan has been mentioned as a possible replacement.

Elite_Pie
31-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Also Nolan has been mentioned as a possible replacement.

Nah, I think Nolan will want a big club for his next job.

countygump
31-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Nah, I think Nolan will want a big club for his next job.

As above^^^^^^

Nolan has already said he'd only leave Notts for a top club so that rules you out. Now if Derby had come a calling???

tied_up_in_notts
31-12-2017, 07:35 PM

What shadow? I see no shadow being cast across Trent Bridge from a sad joke of a club that suffers from delusions of grandeur.

essexred52
31-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Maybe, maybe not, but what do you think of the decision? I can't see any logic at all in sacking him now. It looks unlikely that you will go up or down this season, so the sensible strategy would be to give him the January transfer window to strengthen the squad, then make a judgement at the end of the season on whether he's building something worthwhile for the future or not. Sacking him now seems just the sort of knee-jerk reaction that has cost us badly in recent years. I'm in two minds over the sacking, I'm more worried about a knee jerk reaction in appointing another Manager straight away and panic buying players in January, it's a dead season so I'd keep GB as temporary coach until the summer,
I fancy Roy Keane as Manager but I'd be on my own with that appointment, I fear a Clement or someone like that being appointed, if this is the case then why sack MW? The football is depressing this season more than in recent seasons because of the hope of bringing in MW and things turning around but that's not been the case, so another average appointment will sour things even more I feel, we just need the season to play out and start again in the summer.

SwalePie
31-12-2017, 08:26 PM
What shadow? I see no shadow being cast across Trent Bridge from a sad joke of a club that suffers from delusions of grandeur.

Amen! Next they'll be telling us Grant and Yates are the only thing keeping us in the league :D

JoePass
31-12-2017, 09:21 PM
I'm in two minds over the sacking, I'm more worried about a knee jerk reaction in appointing another Manager straight away and panic buying players in January, it's a dead season so I'd keep GB as temporary coach until the summer,
I fancy Roy Keane as Manager but I'd be on my own with that appointment, I fear a Clement or someone like that being appointed, if this is the case then why sack MW? The football is depressing this season more than in recent seasons because of the hope of bringing in MW and things turning around but that's not been the case, so another average appointment will sour things even more I feel, we just need the season to play out and start again in the summer.

Deluded..

keldsyke
31-12-2017, 09:24 PM
I'm in two minds over the sacking, I'm more worried about a knee jerk reaction in appointing another Manager straight away and panic buying players in January, it's a dead season so I'd keep GB as temporary coach until the summer,

And this is why the club is in trouble again, supporters with no patience.

JoePass
31-12-2017, 09:43 PM

The Florist lads have taken the pee out of us for years and years, I am sitting back and loving this on NewYears Eve...get in.

irish_pie
01-01-2018, 10:37 AM

I see the wally with a brolly is available again Es***..... :)

dam617
01-01-2018, 04:03 PM

What are you on about? Supporters don't sack anyone or get managers the boot.

If what I've heard is correct it's more to do with Warburton's fixation with signing Scottish-based players (and having two more on his January list) who all have the same agent.
An agent who employs someone called Miss Warburton who allegedly gets some sort of monetary reward for each deal.

Elite_Pie
01-01-2018, 06:06 PM
What are you on about? Supporters don't sack anyone or get managers the boot.

Supporters have a bit more influence than you might like to think - "We want our Billy back, we want our Billy back"!!!

essexred52
01-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Supporters have a bit more influence than you might like to think - "We want our Billy back, we want our Billy back"!!! referring to BD EP, embargo aside his 2nd stint at Forest he was still our best Manager since Frank Clark according to the stats, we can't all be fools.

upthemaggies
01-01-2018, 06:57 PM
Supporters have a bit more influence than you might like to think

I think it would be fair to say that Jamie Fullarton and Keith Curle would have lasted longer at Notts had it not been for supporters making their feelings known. Possibly Steve Thompson too.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
01-01-2018, 07:07 PM
I think it would be fair to say that Jamie Fullarton and Keith Curle would have lasted longer at Notts had it not been for supporters making their feelings known. Possibly Steve Thompson too.

Ray Trew admitted on here that supporter pressure played a part with a few sackings.

Elite_Pie
01-01-2018, 07:09 PM
referring to BD EP, embargo aside his 2nd stint at Forest he was still our best Manager since Frank Clark according to the stats, we can't all be fools.

Agree es***, I don't think you're all fools.

99% fools would be my estimate.

Hysongreenpie
01-01-2018, 07:43 PM
Think Florists best chance of survival would be to give Bear Grylls the job asap if he can't save them at least he can eat the c**p the fans talk ?

dam617
01-01-2018, 11:29 PM
Supporters have a bit more influence than you might like to think - "We want our Billy back, we want our Billy back"!!!

So you are totally dismissing the possibility (in order to argue of course) that if the supporters think that the football is whank, the tactics are beyond the comprehension and skill level of the players and the manager's approach is to keep banging against a brick wall that the owner can't see it too? He's just pandering to the masses?
Balls.
We all have a pair of eyes.
Regarding Billy Davies, he was a passionate manager, didn't suffer fools and had us playing the best, exciting football many Forest fans had seen. Fawaz and his backroom staff, by comparison, were incompetent idiots.

I know for a fact that Nigel has said he'd walk from Burton to manage us.
Doubt it would be offered though.

Elite_Pie
02-01-2018, 12:16 AM
So you are totally dismissing the possibility (in order to argue of course) that if the supporters think that the football is whank, the tactics are beyond the comprehension and skill level of the players and the manager's approach is to keep banging against a brick wall that the owner can't see it too? He's just pandering to the masses?
Balls.
We all have a pair of eyes.

Read the fan reaction to his sacking on LTLF. Your pair of eyes appear to have a very different view to the vast majority of theirs.

lunaspie
03-01-2018, 01:12 AM
I see the wally with a brolly is available again Es***..... :)

And the Krankie with the hanky.

essexred52
03-01-2018, 10:15 PM
I see the wally with a brolly is available again Es***..... :) he won't come unless he has an open cheque book! Thank God!!!!

Redrag
03-01-2018, 11:20 PM
Forest needed to work on their defence. If they had done so they would have been far higher in the league and Warburton might have saved his job.

uysapie
03-01-2018, 11:40 PM
Forest needed to work on their defence. If they had done so they would have been far higher in the league and Warburton might have saved his job.

He didn't seem concerned about the defence, just the tight margins? Perhaps that was his problem.