PDA

View Full Version : Title favourites

SmedDUm
01-01-2018, 12:26 PM
For the first time this season we are 2nd favourites albeit very very narrow....

St Mirren 10/11
United evens
Livi 14
Dunf 40
Morton 40
QotS 40

It'll change week-by-week obviously like if we beat Brechin & St M lose to Morton we'll be favs again.
18 games to go.
Such a boot in the baz tho with Fyvie & Fraser, cruel luck.

Charlie arab
01-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Undoubtedly a huge blow losing fyvie and Fraser but it's not terminal. St. Mirren are decent but they are nae hibs of last season, they will drop plenty points hopefully starting tommorow, tough game v Morton. Also with Jonny Hayes breaking his leg there may be a chance Celtic will want Lewis Morgan right away and not loan him back. Keep the faith lads.

PortugueseFrank
01-01-2018, 02:19 PM
A long way to go in the season.

Have to wait and see how the gaffer goes about the transfer window and how the squad develops further under his guidance.

Wouldn't at all surprise me to see him move Murdoch or even Allardice into the Fyvie role and bring out good performances from them.

I trust Csaba's judgment.

Hopefully it's not misplaced.

tHeArAb
01-01-2018, 02:58 PM
The manager's just on record last week saying boys like Allardice/Matty Smith etc are no use for what were trying achieve right now, even from the bench, and as much potential as they might have, we need experience to see us win this league not kids. I can't see him then suddenly deciding they are good enough to be starting games.

PortugueseFrank
01-01-2018, 03:26 PM
He may not have a choice

tHeArAb
01-01-2018, 03:45 PM
In that case then, we're ****ed.

RogerTheAlien
01-01-2018, 04:05 PM
The manager's just on record last week saying boys like Allardice/Matty Smith etc are no use for what were trying achieve right now, even from the bench, and as much potential as they might have, we need experience to see us win this league not kids. I can't see him then suddenly deciding they are good enough to be starting games.

It's true. St Mirren had John Sutton coming off the bench on Friday night. The experience he has to hold the ball up and maybe nick a goal compared to Matty Smith Is massive.

darrenshedtastic
01-01-2018, 06:06 PM
i dont mind st mirren getting all the hype just now! how great they are and how good morgan is and so on. some people seemed to have ruled us out for a poor showing on friday. injuries arent ideal but its a chance for someone to step up e.g. keatings/alladice/smith

there is still lots of football to play. remember when we went top at xmas last year yet hibs still managed to finish well clear winners. we need to do what they did and sign quality and not crumble. saints will drop plenty of points they arent that good. if things go our way tomorrow we could go 2 behind with a game in hand plus still to play them at home. this isnt over yet!!

the momentum swings back in our favor tomorrow!

arab_pat
02-01-2018, 05:01 PM
Only drew today. 3 points behind with game in hand. Swings and roundabouts these odds.

stokearab
02-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Only drew today. 3 points behind with game in hand. Swings and roundabouts these odds.

Good day at the office. Shame McMullan got red but we go again. C'mon United

Chick A Saw
02-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Good day at the office. Shame McMullan got red but we go again. C'mon United

A Shame? The stupid chunt went for a dive that Tom Daley would have won gold with! 4-0 up going on 7 and he does that when he had already beaten his man. The lads a disgrace for doing that and will need to produce some goals when he gets back!

JamesMcClean
02-01-2018, 05:28 PM
A Shame? The stupid chunt went for a dive that Tom Daley would have won gold with! 4-0 up going on 7 and he does that when he had already beaten his man. The lads a disgrace for doing that and will need to produce some goals when he gets back!

This.

We had a chance to seriously improve our goal difference today until his moment of complete idiocy. I'd expect him to be fined for that - he let his teammates down big style today.

But, on another thing - don't get me started in thon clown in the black...........

stokearab
02-01-2018, 05:36 PM

Fair enough. Yeah it is a shame because he will miss a match. So it is a shame he got himself a red yeah?

Chick A Saw
02-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Fair enough. Yeah it is a shame because he will miss a match. So it is a shame he got himself a red yeah?

No! He made a stupid challenge first half, then went for and inexcusable dive when we were cruising! The ref was bad today, but McMullan left him with no option but to card him both times. If there was any doubt about the decision, then yes its a shame, but he let us down!

Hoofballer
02-01-2018, 05:56 PM
McMullan’s choices today for both bookings inexcusable ...... poor player shining through now, not good enough.

Still, with him getting another suspension he’ll be free to play fives this week now ....... maybe his plan from start!

Chick A Saw
02-01-2018, 06:00 PM
With this being his second sending off, does that mean an extra match ban or is that only for straight reds?

Hoofballer
02-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Hopefully a multi game ban !

ahlltanyirhide
02-01-2018, 06:41 PM

^^^^This all day long, and coupled with that pathetic penalty against St Mirren I am beginning to nurture a dislike for the wee kunt

TerryTheTerror
02-01-2018, 06:49 PM
^^^^This all day long, and coupled with that pathetic penalty against St Mirren I am beginning to nurture a dislike for the wee kunt

XD I've never heard him talk but have you seen the Still Game new year episode where they get stuck in the lift and the neds come to 'help'? That's how i imagine it. XD

Feeches DUSC.

Whitfieldarab
02-01-2018, 06:56 PM
McMullan’s choices today for both bookings inexcusable ...... poor player shining through now, not good enough.

Still, with him getting another suspension he’ll be free to play fives this week now ....... maybe his plan from start!

Some in the ET clapped him off too. Shudder.

TerryTheTerror
02-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Some in the ET clapped him off too. Shudder.

I never understand clapping a player who's been sent off. :?

JUSTaway
02-01-2018, 08:12 PM
that sending off killed the game dead, when we had a great chance of making a dent in the goal difference. No point hanging the boy out to dry though, there is talent there, but he needs to grow up fast, those bookings were ridiculous, at the first I was actually impressed initially that he was tracking all the way back to atone for giving the ball away, and then he makes no effort and just kicks the guy. Strangely enough i thought some of his best performances came at the start of the season when we had no strikers and he played the lone striker role.

happyarab
02-01-2018, 08:14 PM
I imagine the clapping was for his contribution to the game not the sending off ,as for hoping it's a lengthy ban just what we need with a depleted squad you lot are unbeleivable. No wonder the away fans sing on a regular basis what a ****tie home support.

arab81
02-01-2018, 08:24 PM
He contributed nothing, he's a poor player and clearly makes poor choices on and off the park. Won't be bothered or surprised if he's punted at the end of the season.

JUSTaway
02-01-2018, 08:38 PM
he had a stinker today but he has shown glimpses

USArab
02-01-2018, 08:45 PM
Csaba was raging at McMullan on the post match Zone interview. 🤬🤬🤬

Chick A Saw
02-01-2018, 08:49 PM
Csaba was raging at McMullan on the post match Zone interview. ������

Seemed to be raging about not scoring more as well. Funny how we always expected to win 6-0!

darrenshedtastic
02-01-2018, 09:37 PM
we looked far too complacent. we showed little glimpses of what we can do if we moved the ball quicker with decent movement. the early goals seemed to make us think the job was done. we should have kept hounding them down and look to keep pressure on them but instead the tempo slowed right down (due to us and due to brechin changing their shape/killing game). its the most boring 4-1 ive ever been to tbh.

on Mcmullan its not the 1st time hes been stupid this season.
Remember his sending off v qots for hitting out at the boy who he had just got booked and was causing havoc to?? today the 1st booking was a silly foul but his 2nd is shocking and such a stupid way to get sent off. so unnecessary.

needs to learn to beat his 1st man when crossing!

scoobydufc
02-01-2018, 10:08 PM
That was a very silly thing for Mcmullen to do today
Our squad is depleted with injuries but now a silly suspension due
Still think we have the quality to overcome these setbacks and a wee flutter in the transfer window to sort out cover in a couple of positions or a target man striker we be good
Lets have faith in our lads and management and get some vocal support to let them know were behind them
That atmosphere today was dire,
The abuse at the ref at his unbelievable decisions was the most vocal contributions today , yer teams winning 4-0 and nae even as much as a whimper fae the Tannadeechie faithful

Hoofballer
02-01-2018, 10:28 PM
needs to learn to beat his 1st man when crossing!

Exactly ......if there was a player in there producing some magic now and again we could forgive the odd brain fart ( or even a few in the same game ! ) .....but we don’t even have that to look forward to with the laddie who doesn’t seem capable of even putting a decent cross into the box

darrenshedtastic
02-01-2018, 10:48 PM
That was a very silly thing for Mcmullen to do today
Our squad is depleted with injuries but now a silly suspension due
Still think we have the quality to overcome these setbacks and a wee flutter in the transfer window to sort out cover in a couple of positions or a target man striker we be good
Lets have faith in our lads and management and get some vocal support to let them know were behind them
That atmosphere today was dire,
The abuse at the ref at his unbelievable decisions was the most vocal contributions today , yer teams winning 4-0 and nae even as much as a whimper fae the Tannadeechie faithful

Most arabs i spoke to since friday have seemed abit down due to result in paisley plus injuries to fyvie/fraser. The weather was baltic and the fact we were playing brechin (no disrespect) i think put many people off. what today might have done is just get abit of positive feeling back after saints defeat. A convincing win and also the window being open might give more arabs their appetite back for games! just my opinion however :)

LSArab
02-01-2018, 11:08 PM

I heard the ‘groin strokers’ his alleged five a side team have been a player short this last month 😂

jjaflup22
03-01-2018, 12:44 AM

Felt like this at the time but didn't realise the boy is only 21 so I'll cut him some slack.

SmedDUm
03-01-2018, 08:06 PM
fluctuations after y'day...

UNITED 10/11 :)
St M evens
Livi 14
Pars 33
Mort 50
QotS 50