PDA

View Full Version : The return of Robbie?

abbobrom
04-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Just mentioned on Sky TV that Robbie Keane is being linked with a move back to Wolves. The pundits seem to think that his experience would be good for our young team.

WOODLANDSWOLF
04-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Just mentioned on Sky TV that Robbie Keane is being linked with a move back to Wolves. The pundits seem to think that his experience would be good for our young team.

How old is he now, does he still play here in the states?

MichiganWolf
04-01-2018, 02:41 PM
How old is he now, does he still play here in the states?

He’s 37 and is currently playing for a club in India called ATK, managed by Teddy Sheringham.

I doubt he would contribute all that much here, but I’d love to seem him in a Wolves shirt again.

Newcy Wolf
04-01-2018, 05:23 PM
No chance.

He's not Portuguese for starters.

Evewolf65
04-01-2018, 05:47 PM
No chance.

He's not Portuguese for starters.

And he's just not good enough now, I think someones having a Giraffe!

Newcy Wolf
04-01-2018, 06:05 PM
And he's just not good enough now, I think someones having a Giraffe!

Mate, remember his debut vs Norwich(?)

The gangly little lad got a brace wearing that top that looked at least two sizes too big.

Even as a ****ager who hadn't long left school it was clear he was special.

wolves71
05-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Keane has had his time with Wolves, this current squad is the future and i doubt there's any substance in the rumours anyway.

Evewolf65
05-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Mate, remember his debut vs Norwich(?)

The gangly little lad got a brace wearing that top that looked at least two sizes too big.

Even as a ****ager who hadn't long left school it was clear he was special.

Me Dad still waxes lyrical about the first time we seen him play for Us!!

WOODLANDSWOLF
06-01-2018, 12:13 AM
Keane has had his time with Wolves, this current squad is the future and i doubt there's any substance in the rumours anyway.

I would agree with that. Really the only kind of guidance and help he could give would be related to his own style of play. Good and effective as it was it just isn't relevant to this team. We are a different kind of Wolves, we score goals from all over the field, there is no focus point which makes us difficult to handle. Long may it continue.

Of course no disrespect to Keane, a very good player in his day.