PDA

View Full Version : 4 PL games...

SwedishBaggie
04-01-2018, 04:31 PM
more to see if Pardew has done better than Pulis...

Pardew 8 0 4 4 4-9 4

Pulis 12 2 4 6 9-18 10

Best, of course Megson >;)

Megson 2 0 2 0 3-3 2

But, two games of course, too few games for statistics.

Defensively (a bit) better so far with Pardew, and offensively a bit worse, looking at conceded and scored goals? :O:confused:

Many on this board said that the players were capable of playing better and more attractive football under (any?) another head coach than Pulis. So far, more pleasing on the eye with Pardew and hence more attractive, but better, no, because that has to do with results, goals scored and points gained. I myself have always thought this squad to be too poor.

Of course, it's not Pardew's squad, but that is the same for (all) the other new managers this season, and, they all seem to have improved their results (more in some cases, less in others, but still improved).

If this is a Pulis squad, would the odds have been better to stay up by keeping him to the end of the season, endure the dull football and then get rid? Because without major reinforcements in this window, I have difficulties believing we will survive with Pardew.

Responsible for everything? Owner(s), board and recruitment department of course. Pulis didn't appoint himself or prolong his contract all by himself, did he?

We should probably have parted with Pulis after last season in my opinion, and he really should have let our youngsters play when safe last season, but that's now all in the past.

Not overly convinced by Pardew's managerial skills, yes more offensive football, but better (and then only results count, otherwise we can just as well watch the Harlem Globetrotters)? I've always found Pardew obnoxious, arrogant (and lest not forget violent...) but, I of course stand by him now (as I did with Pulis or anyone at the helm). To turn against manager/players, they have to behave Berahino-esque in my opinion.

So, of course, COYB, and let's hope for a good cup run!

soulman101
04-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Hi Thomas i met Pardrew at the foundation. On a personal note he was top class, he had photo's took with everyone, didnt rush you if you had a chat and even come back to our table to tell us the cup draw.

Whicka_Mon
04-01-2018, 07:16 PM

Pardew 8 0 4 4 4-9 4

Pulis 12 2 4 6 9-18 10

Megson 2 0 2 0 3-3 2

Defensively (a bit) better so far with Pardew, and offensively a bit worse, looking at conceded and scored goals? :O:confused:

Many on this board said that the players were capable of playing better and more attractive football under (any?) another head coach than Pulis. So far, more pleasing on the eye with Pardew and hence more attractive, but better, no, because that has to do with results, goals scored and points gained. I myself have always thought this squad to be too poor.

Of course, it's not Pardew's squad, but that is the same for (all) the other new managers this season, and, they all seem to have improved their results (more in some cases, less in others, but still improved).

If this is a Pulis squad, would the odds have been better to stay up by keeping him to the end of the season, endure the dull football and then get rid? Because without major reinforcements in this window, I have difficulties believing we will survive with Pardew.

Responsible for everything? Owner(s), board and recruitment department of course. Pulis didn't appoint himself or prolong his contract all by himself, did he?

We should probably have parted with Pulis after last season in my opinion, and he really should have let our youngsters play when safe last season, but that's now all in the past.

Not overly convinced by Pardew's managerial skills, yes more offensive football, but better (and then only results count, otherwise we can just as well watch the Harlem Globetrotters)? I've always found Pardew obnoxious, arrogant (and lest not forget violent...) but, I of course stand by him now (as I did with Pulis or anyone at the helm). To turn against manager/players, they have to behave Berahino-esque in my opinion.

Pulis record was of course 2 wins in his last 20 odd games. So just picking 12 somewhat flatters him. With this in mind I have no doubt in my mind we would have been relegated under him.

Your points are however valid and well constructed.
One thing that has changed under Pardew is that I now look forward to attending games. Which I wasn't before.
At least now we are going toe to toe with teams. Giving it a go and not playing cowards football or timewaisting from the off. Obviously i'm disappointed with results but given the rubbish players and unbalanced squad i'm not entirely surprised they haven't.
Other managers that have been appointed and improve their teams don't interest me and they are irrelevant. We are not comparing eggs with eggs.WHU, Palace, Everton all had far better squads/players before their new managers arrived.
One thing that people need to bear in mind is that since Pulis has left he has not suddenly become a better coach or manager. The players were not performing under him. If Pardew is the wrong man doesn't make Pulis the right one.
Until I don't like what i'm seeing then Pardew will get my full support. Just like any other manager we have had in my lifetime including Pulis.

SwedishBaggie
04-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Hi Thomas i met Pardrew at the foundation. On a personal note he was top class, he had photo's took with everyone, didnt rush you if you had a chat and even come back to our table to tell us the cup draw.

That’s good to hear Lloyd.

baggieal
05-01-2018, 08:41 AM

Pardew 8 0 4 4 4-9 4

Pulis 12 2 4 6 9-18 10

Megson 2 0 2 0 3-3 2

Agree with all your points Swedish! I think whether you love or hated Pulis, he would have gained more than 4 points from the last eight games which included 4 crap teams. Whilst, I respect those who want prettier football ( like Mowbray days ) results and points are the thing that matters at the end of the day. To replace Pulis with an unemployed failure elsewhere mid season was not the answer.

The Board are too blame and should stand up and be counted. You also have an owner who has no passion for the club whatsoever which does not help. I did not like Peace but you have to say, he was a big fan of the club, as well as being a very shrewd businessman making millions.

SwedishBaggie
06-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Pulis record was of course 2 wins in his last 20 odd games. So just picking 12 somewhat flatters him. With this in mind I have no doubt in my mind we would have been relegated under him.

Your points are however valid and well constructed.
One thing that has changed under Pardew is that I now look forward to attending games. Which I wasn't before.
At least now we are going toe to toe with teams. Giving it a go and not playing cowards football or timewaisting from the off. Obviously i'm disappointed with results but given the rubbish players and unbalanced squad i'm not entirely surprised they haven't.
Other managers that have been appointed and improve their teams don't interest me and they are irrelevant. We are not comparing eggs with eggs.WHU, Palace, Everton all had far better squads/players before their new managers arrived.
One thing that people need to bear in mind is that since Pulis has left he has not suddenly become a better coach or manager. The players were not performing under him. If Pardew is the wrong man doesn't make Pulis the right one.
Until I don't like what i'm seeing then Pardew will get my full support. Just like any other manager we have had in my lifetime including Pulis.

I know what you mean about other teams and their squads being better. I think along the same lines when comparing seasons, you really can’t and shouldn’t compare Pulis’s 12 first games of this season with the last 8 (?) or so last season. I’ve commented upon that before, old and experienced players having achieved the all over shadowing goal quite early, if you know something about motivational psychology you wouldn’t be surprised. But, he should of course have given the youngsters a chance.

boingy
06-01-2018, 05:15 PM

Pardew 8 0 4 4 4-9 4

Pulis 12 2 4 6 9-18 10

Megson 2 0 2 0 3-3 2

Excellent post Swedish. I think Pulis would have kept us up too. End of the season change after he kept us up would have been the answer.