PDA

View Full Version : Grant And Yates Going?

keldsyke
04-01-2018, 05:06 PM
KN says he has a backup
Plan just in case....

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNottinghamSport/posts/1257303227746955

ArabianNotts
04-01-2018, 05:12 PM
I would have been amazed if he didn't have a backup plan!

keldsyke
04-01-2018, 05:16 PM
I would have been amazed if he didn't have a backup plan!

I think the thing is I’m sure we were told that they were here for the season ( we must have some sort of contract for the loans )

For me it will soon be time for us to put our money where our mouth is, Interesting times ahead!

navypie
04-01-2018, 05:31 PM
I love seeing them over the river in a bit of turmoil but the b******s could have at least waited until the end of the season before sacking Warbs , this is starting to sound a lot like it could work against us.

tarquinbeech
04-01-2018, 07:18 PM
I love seeing them over the river in a bit of turmoil but the b******s could have at least waited until the end of the season before sacking Warbs , this is starting to sound a lot like it could work against us.

If, and it is a big IF, they go back.....Noble clearly replaces Yates, Aless and Hawk are back to being full~time wingers, even Jones can play as a winger or Forte as we are in the market for a 3rd striker.

I will miss the two of them because they are tremendous youngsters.....but it is not all doom and gloom.

queenslandpie
04-01-2018, 08:13 PM
If, and it is a big IF, they go back.....Noble clearly replaces Yates, Aless and Hawk are back to being full~time wingers, even Jones can play as a winger or Forte as we are in the market for a 3rd striker.

I will miss the two of them because they are tremendous youngsters.....but it is not all doom and gloom.

With the amount of goals Grant has scored we will need an outstanding striker to replace him and keep the goals flowing or an equally brilliant goals to games ratio from a midfielder. If these two do go I think we will struggle. Noble was a one in 4 games type player for Notts last time although he did chip in with a few but not enough to replace Grant. What's Neil Bishop up to these days?

Freeman25
04-01-2018, 08:54 PM
There was mass panic when we were worried about Callum McGregor's loan not being extended with how important he was to our team with his goals and performances but after his loan was extended Shaun Derry, the genius that he was, barely played him and his form was nothing like it was in the first half of the season. Whilst I don't think Yates or Grant are likely to go anywhere (I'd be amazed if Forest even gave Scunny a reply to a 100k offer) I think we'll manage without them.

Carlton_Pie
04-01-2018, 10:04 PM
There was mass panic when we were worried about Callum McGregor's loan not being extended with how important he was to our team with his goals and performances but after his loan was extended Shaun Derry, the genius that he was, barely played him and his form was nothing like it was in the first half of the season. Whilst I don't think Yates or Grant are likely to go anywhere (I'd be amazed if Forest even gave Scunny a reply to a 100k offer) I think we'll manage without them.

Today S****horpe have signed a midfielder on loan, hopefully cools their interest in Yates

SmiffyPie
04-01-2018, 10:08 PM
There was mass panic when we were worried about Callum McGregor's loan not being extended with how important he was to our team with his goals and performances but after his loan was extended Shaun Derry, the genius that he was, barely played him and his form was nothing like it was in the first half of the season. Whilst I don't think Yates or Grant are likely to go anywhere (I'd be amazed if Forest even gave Scunny a reply to a 100k offer) I think we'll manage without them.No doubt we would manage but nowhere near as effectively. IF they were to go without adequate replacements results would definitely suffer.

countygump
04-01-2018, 10:13 PM
No doubt we would manage but nowhere near as effectively. IF they were to go without adequate replacements results would definitely suffer.

In other news, will we be receiving money for Bart?

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/palace-linked-with-move-for-ipswich-keeper-bialkowski-1-5340232

SmiffyPie
04-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Be nice to know what the sell on clause was? If there was one that is.

The-Mac pie
04-01-2018, 10:40 PM
I'm hoping they both get chance to see the season out and maybe further by Notts getting there signatures.
However I just get this horrible feeling one may be going.
I so hope I'm wrong

keldsyke
04-01-2018, 10:45 PM
I wonder if either of them will be pulled from Saturdays game so they aren’t cup tied? If they play that would be a good sign.

countygump
04-01-2018, 10:48 PM

Hmmmm, consensus on Facebook is that the Trews sold it on for peanuts or that it was given up in the Bajner transfer. No joy there then.

Elite_Pie
04-01-2018, 11:02 PM
I wonder if either of them will be pulled from Saturdays game so they aren’t cup tied? If they play that would be a good sign.

Both played in rounds 1 & 2 so are cup-tied already.

i961pie
05-01-2018, 05:42 AM
With the amount of goals Grant has scored we will need an outstanding striker to replace him and keep the goals flowing or an equally brilliant goals to games ratio from a midfielder. If these two do go I think we will struggle. Noble was a one in 4 games type player for Notts last time although he did chip in with a few but not enough to replace Grant. What's Neil Bishop up to these days?

Bish is a regular for Scunny who are near the top of div. 3

the_anticlough
05-01-2018, 06:53 AM
It was them taking a chance at grabbing a steal
Yates is 19 and on a 'development plan' - being a regular for us is great for him and them. Many pro footballers don't make much progression after 19, but others do and who knows how good he's going to be. If he added more composure and play making skills he'd be Championship level easily. If Rushcliffe did let him go for 100K, it'd show they really are screwed.

queenslandpie
05-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Bish is a regular for Scunny who are near the top of div. 3

Swap deal for Yates then.

navypie
05-01-2018, 09:48 AM

Not sure how that would work.

arnapie
05-01-2018, 10:22 AM

No sell on clause, but extra payment depended on Ipswich getting into Prem whilst Bart was there.

arnapie
05-01-2018, 10:23 AM

We can't swap someone who isn't ours?

keldsyke
05-01-2018, 10:29 AM
If you could why would you want to swap Yates for bishop? Bizzare 😳

LaughingMagpie
05-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Grant and Yates going?

Wow!

Maybe if we keep talking about it, it may actually happen!

Wedgie_pie
05-01-2018, 11:25 AM
Grant and Yates going?

Wow!

Maybe if we keep talking about it, it may actually happen!

Yep that normally happens......

sidders
05-01-2018, 11:36 AM
This fred is an absolute classic and living proof that fellers can do gossip at a level the ladies can only envy. Worry about what has happened, not what might.

keldsyke
05-01-2018, 12:35 PM
This fred is an absolute classic and living proof that fellers can do gossip at a level the ladies can only envy. Worry about what has happened, not what might.

It’s about being proactive and not reactive, that’s how things are won and lost 😉

sidders
05-01-2018, 12:37 PM
It’s about being proactive and not reactive, that’s how things are won and lost ��

So you really think that the concerns expressed on here can favourably effect the outcome of whether the Forest players stay or leave?

keldsyke
05-01-2018, 01:26 PM
So you really think that the concerns expressed on here can favourably effect the outcome of whether the Forest players stay or leave?

If you read the thread properly you will see that the link takes you to what Kevin Nolan (he’s the Notts County manager) was talking about having a back up plan in case Grant or Yates leave that’s what being proactive means, planning, just in case. That’s what this thread is about, KN having a back up plan in case they go.If I were you I’d stick to your political threads or better still take them to a political messageboard 🙂

SmiffyPie
05-01-2018, 01:45 PM
speculation noun [ C or U ] uk ​ /ˌspek.jəˈleɪ.ʃən/ us ​ /ˌspek.jəˈleɪ.ʃən/speculation noun [ C or U ] (GUESS)

C1 the activity of guessing possible answers to a question without having enough information to be certain:

Life would be awfully boring and rather stagnant if we didn't engage in idle speculation sidders.

keldsyke
05-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Worry about what has happened, not what might.

So on your above statement we can delete to start with the following threads:

Football Transfer Rumours
Gerry McDonagh
Team For Brentford
Scores and Predictions For Brentford

Get a life, and for once try posting something positive to contribute to the football threads

LaxtonLad
05-01-2018, 02:13 PM
From Norwich *****:

Here`s a little snippet for you courtesy of the Press Association`s Nick Ma****er regarding Nottingham Forest`s attacking midfielder, Jorge Grant.

The 23 year old is currently on loan with League Two Notts County and has scored 16 goals in 32 appearances for the Magpies this season.

Regularly right with his transfer gossip, Ma****er has tweeted this morning via @nickma****er: "Norwich want Nottingham Forest`s Jorge Grant. Midfielder currently on loan at Notts County #ncfc #nffc #notts"

Notts County are currently second in League Two and Grant is the second highest scorer in the league.

Forest are without a manager at the moment after Mark Warburton was sacked last week and his successor may well have something to say about Grant`s future, bearing in mind his sparkling form.

Read more: http://www.norwich.*************.co.uk/article.asp?a=516966#ixzz53JrZZAvo

SwalePie
05-01-2018, 02:51 PM
From Norwich *****:

Here`s a little snippet for you courtesy of the Press Association`s Nick Ma****er regarding Nottingham Forest`s attacking midfielder, Jorge Grant.

The 23 year old is currently on loan with League Two Notts County and has scored 16 goals in 32 appearances for the Magpies this season.

Regularly right with his transfer gossip, Ma****er has tweeted this morning via @nickma****er: "Norwich want Nottingham Forest`s Jorge Grant. Midfielder currently on loan at Notts County #ncfc #nffc #notts"

Notts County are currently second in League Two and Grant is the second highest scorer in the league.

Forest are without a manager at the moment after Mark Warburton was sacked last week and his successor may well have something to say about Grant`s future, bearing in mind his sparkling form.

Read more: http://www.norwich.*************.co.uk/article.asp?a=516966#ixzz53JrZZAvo

Regardless of the content I have to admit I went to the article on vi talfootball purely to see what on Earth the censorship software had starred out in the author's name :D

ancientpie
05-01-2018, 03:07 PM

Just as all of your political threads are living proof that fellers can argue like infants infants in the playground,enjoy debate & speculation about football on a football forum for a change sidders.

Elite_Pie
05-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Regardless of the content I have to admit I went to the article on vi talfootball purely to see what on Earth the censorship software had starred out in the author's name :D

That's a pretty unfortunate surname to go through life with!

Old_pie
05-01-2018, 03:39 PM

It had been censored for your continued enjoyment of this website free of degrading material so that you can focus on the things that really matter and you should not have been misled into pursuing corrupted language.

And of course in a few months time anyone wanting to watch a bit of pr0n is going to have to provide proof of being over 18.

Now if we could just persuade greedy companies to stop attempting bombarding us with ads which can cause real damage to computer we might just be getting somewhere, meanwhile Mr Masheter and other common variations of that name will have to be censored less our sensibilites are offended.

(sorry, I've gone a bit OT there)

Old_pie
05-01-2018, 03:40 PM
That's a pretty unfortunate surname to go through life with!

But not at all uncommon if you google it.

i961pie
05-01-2018, 03:53 PM
If you could why would you want to swap Yates for bishop? Bizzare ��

Swap a 19 year old for a 37 year old????

Elite_Pie
05-01-2018, 07:49 PM
I've had a bit of a look on the scum messageboards to see what they think. As you would expect the opinions are a bit mixed, some want Grant in particular recalled, many on the basis that at least it would f**k up our promotion chances (and they call us bitter)! On the other hand, some seem to realise they are both developing much better here than they would in their reserves and want them to stay, which to me is the correct answer. Grant is a very gifted player who can look moderate for 89 minutes but make a game-changing contribution in the other minute (think Oxford City). Yates is very different in that he will rarely produce a moment of magic, but his involvement is constant in the unsung role he plays. I don't think either are ready for the Championship just yet, and seeing as the loan deals seem to working perfectly from both club's perspective I hope they continue.

SmiffyPie
05-01-2018, 08:20 PM
I've had a bit of a look on the scum messageboards to see what they think. As you would expect the opinions are a bit mixed, some want Grant in particular recalled, many on the basis that at least it would f**k up our promotion chances (and they call us bitter)! On the other hand, some seem to realise they are both developing much better here than they would in their reserves and want them to stay, which to me is the correct answer. Grant is a very gifted player who can look moderate for 89 minutes but make a game-changing contribution in the other minute (think Oxford City). Yates is very different in that he will rarely produce a moment of magic, but his involvement is constant in the unsung role he plays. I don't think either are ready for the Championship just yet, and seeing as the loan deals seem to working perfectly from both club's perspective I hope they continue.Talking about Florist... Have you got Tricky tied up in your cellar??

Elite_Pie
05-01-2018, 08:46 PM
Talking about Florist... Have you got Tricky tied up in your cellar??

Yes, but I give him his daily bread and water.

I'm not as bad as some on here make out.

countygump
05-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Talking about Florist... Have you got Tricky tied up in your cellar??

Tricky and Stan????

Hysongreenpie
06-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Saw the Liverpool v Everton match last night Tom Davies of Everton looks a great prospect ,if we lost Grant I wonder if he would be a loan possibility ? ,Don't know much about his situation at Everton tho ?

navypie
06-01-2018, 01:46 PM
Saw the Liverpool v Everton match last night Tom Davies of Everton looks a great prospect ,if we lost Grant I wonder if he would be a loan possibility ? ,Don't know much about his situation at Everton tho ?

I was going to ask if you were being serious but I shall give you the benefit. I will however say, there is more chance of sid, Elite and Big Fat **** getting into bed with Theresa May( love to see it though,or maybe not >:( ) than us signing Tom Davies.

marshall55
06-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Scunny manager down to watch Yates today.

the_anticlough
06-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Scunny manager down to watch Yates today.

Hope Ryan doesn't have a stinker just to avoid going there...>;)

Freeman25
06-01-2018, 03:02 PM

We should probably aim slightly lower than someone that plays in their first team fairly regularly...

Hysongreenpie
06-01-2018, 03:53 PM
That's a maybe then lol Gould pay more attention to other divisions not just division 2 lol

Hysongreenpie
06-01-2018, 03:54 PM
Should not Gould but then he wasn't bad in his day

Old_pie
06-01-2018, 05:20 PM
So Yates and Grant show they can play at Championship level - mmm - might not be good news :?

adlestropred
07-01-2018, 08:24 PM
So Yates and Grant show they can play at Championship level - mmm - might not be good news :?

Norwich are interested in Grant & least one Championship club believe that Kevin Nolan can do a job in that league.

SwalePie
07-01-2018, 08:37 PM
Norwich are interested in Grant & least one Championship club believe that Kevin Nolan can do a job in that league.

Don't forget Yates to S****horpe. We love a challenge over here ;)

irishpete
08-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Red rag reporting more than 1 club looking at Yates,& even talk of Scunny taking him on loan

countygump
08-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Red rag reporting more than 1 club looking at Yates,& even talk of Scunny taking him on loan

Ay?

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/nottingham-forest-yet-make-decision-1025890

Nottingham Forest are yet to make a decision over the future of Ryan Yates – but currently have no plans to recall him from his loan spell at Notts County.

irishpete
08-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Suggestions a loan move has already been agreed are currently understood to be premature.

sidders
08-01-2018, 02:49 PM

Now I get where the green comes from.