PDA

View Full Version : Leon Britton. Loan till end of season.

seanbeanstattoo
04-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Hear me out. Yes,he's 35,but a loan till the end of the season?
He was totally the right player at totally the wrong time when we signed him in 2010.
Right now he is the perfect fit for how we play.
Out of favour at Swansea.
I would be after him like a rat up a drainpipe.
Remember Stuart McCAll?
Britton would be the perfect replacement for Coutts and take the pressure off Lundstrum. We are well short in midfield and he would slot in seamlessly.

herbert
04-01-2018, 11:06 PM
Size problem.

Holden_C
04-01-2018, 11:15 PM
He's played 14 times since Summer 2016.

seanbeanstattoo
04-01-2018, 11:21 PM
He's played 14 times since Summer 2016.

I said he was out of favour.
He is a cultured footballer who uses a brain and the ability to read the game. He never relied on pace and power.
I also seem to remember some p i ss head with no knees who couldn't train being ok for us at not far off 40.
What was his name again? Oh yea. Paul McGrath.

seanbeanstattoo
04-01-2018, 11:23 PM
Size problem.

I wasn't advocating signing him to f u c k anyone.
Never stopped him being a brilliant footballer before has it?

Holden_C
05-01-2018, 12:11 AM
Paul McGrath. World class footballer comparison. Leon will be happy at that.

McGrath had also played 24 times for Derby the season before we got him.

seanbeanstattoo
05-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Paul McGrath. World class footballer comparison. Leon will be happy at that.

McGrath had also played 24 times for Derby the season before we got him.

Yea. I guess we should have just Whiteman as back up for our fragile midfield 3. After all,he's played 50 first team games,23 at Mansfield in 4 years.

Holden_C
05-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Yea. I guess we should have just Whiteman as back up for our fragile midfield 3. After all,he's played 50 first team games,23 at Mansfield in 4 years.

Yes, because that's what I said isn't it?

benditlike_Borbokis
05-01-2018, 09:07 AM
No

Not what we want at all

Simply no, move on.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
05-01-2018, 09:11 AM
No.

Ayamonteblade
05-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Yes - would be a great move - but don't think so as Carwynllos needs him

FatherKnowsBest
05-01-2018, 10:00 AM
That ship has sailed. Hardly fits our young, hungry profile, besides he'll be temporarily blinded by the aura of magnificence of Carloss. Old, well fed, and temporarily blinded? No...

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
05-01-2018, 10:17 AM
That ship has sailed. Hardly fits our young, hungry profile, besides he'll be temporarily blinded by the aura of magnificence of Carloss. Old, well fed, and temporarily blinded? No...

Told Carloss to stick his coaching job,Carloss brought the full Porkuguese enterage (sp) with him from pigs.

South Wales might seem like home from home for Carloss there is a lot of Iberian *****ula bloodstock down the valleys.

Nearly threw up when i saw the phoney chest beating to the fans after the win at Watford,its all a false show,the pigs are well rid of him.

JonnyEdge
05-01-2018, 01:01 PM
I’m with SBT on this I think it’s a good shout.
Cultured passer who could do a job in the mound of Gordon Cowans all those years ago

rodcurrie
05-01-2018, 01:50 PM
I’m with SBT on this I think it’s a good shout.
Cultured passer who could do a job in the mound of Gordon Cowans all those years agoGordon Cowans was brilliant in his short spell wi us same wi Macca,made me appreciate how good they must've been in their younger days.Little Britton tho will surely be too busy listenin to Carlosser's new dream to move here mi thinks.UTCB

JonnyEdge
05-01-2018, 03:02 PM
All I know is that we had him here and let go back because the chubby goalie coach didn’t like footballers. I seem to recall on his to Swansea he had the best pass percentage in Europe.
He could do the Coutts job, cultured always looks like he’s got time on the ball and pick a pass but would need Fleck to do the donkey work for him.