PDA

View Full Version : Beardsley under investigation..

ashingtoon62
06-01-2018, 11:22 AM
again for bullying...
Nee smoke without fire an all that..
What do yous think?

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y967pvg9

Link not working..It's in the Shields Gazette anyways...

Jammy89
06-01-2018, 11:24 AM
Link doesn't work Ash.

Something like this came up a few years ago i recall.

It's supposed to be Ben El-Mhanni this time, apparently other members of the under 23's have given in supporting statements.

Zippity
06-01-2018, 12:54 PM
Link doesn't work Ash.

Something like this came up a few years ago i recall.

It's supposed to be Ben El-Mhanni this time, apparently other members of the under 23's have given in supporting statements.

Aye...him and Wharton:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-uniteds-under-23-coach-14120576

There's also all the 'non-reported' stories/rumours about how he conducts himself. When Ashley goes I reckon he'll be gone; that's if nothing comes of this.

toptoon
06-01-2018, 01:04 PM
Aye...him and Wharton:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-uniteds-under-23-coach-14120576

There's also all the 'non-reported' stories/rumours about how he conducts himself. When Ashley goes I reckon he'll be gone; that's if nothing comes of this.

Our best ever player, IMO, but keeps co*king up since. Praising Ashley, this lark and, even worse, saying this week that Allardyce is a great manager.

Jammy89
06-01-2018, 01:07 PM
Aye...him and Wharton:

I think he will as well, to be honest even if nothing comes of this i think he'll be gone.

He's been very vocal about supporting Ashley and that i think is why he still has a job despite nothing really coming through the academy recently.

Great player, maybe not a great coach.

HughieG
06-01-2018, 01:23 PM
"Allardyce understands football better than anyone" ?!?!?! What a loada bull, Pedro.

tooslomofo
06-01-2018, 01:47 PM
"Allardyce understands football better than anyone" ?!?!?! What a loada bull, Pedro.

I think he could be angling for a new job in case he gets the boot.

He is/ was my childhood hero

A truely great player who I’ve met a few times...

But the way results have gone in the academy in previous seasons he doesn’t really deserve to be there even without the alleged allegations,

Needs to be gone for the good of the club
Sorry Pedro

toonfalifekevbrown
06-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Hes looking at a 4 day ban from footymad

HughieG
06-01-2018, 03:02 PM
I think he could be angling for a new job in case he gets the boot.

He is/ was my childhood hero

A truely great player who I’ve met a few times...

But the way results have gone in the academy in previous seasons he doesn’t really deserve to be there even without the alleged allegations,

Needs to be gone for the good of the club
Sorry Pedro

It's strange though as I can't see Pedro being the bullying type? What is meant by bullying here? Lack of playing time based on some kind of discrimination or?

Jammy89
06-01-2018, 05:40 PM
Article in chronicle was saying about humiliating him etc.

Beyond that we don't know what is meant.

toonviking
07-01-2018, 11:52 PM
Legend and total bell end.

Time to move the rat out.

toonlegend
08-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Legend and total bell end.

Time to move the rat out.

if it was only 1 person... yes, but apparently it isn't

and hasn't been in the past either.

i know back in 2003 there were lots of lads who didn't complain - (not necessarily against beardsley only, can't remember the names of the ones who got sacked) because it made it difficult to get a place elsewhere,

ashingtoon62
08-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Update folks..

Damian Spellman of the Independent :
An investigation into allegations made against Newcastle under-23s coach Peter Beardsley is ongoing after the former Magpies striker met club officials.
The 56-year-old, who has been accused of bullying and racism by academy players, was called to a meeting with managing director Lee Charnley and head of safeguarding Steve Swinyard on Monday.
Press Association Sport understands no decision was made and further evidence will be heard from the complainants later this week.

There was no comment from Newcastle on Monday evening, when the under-23s’ scheduled clash with Middlesbrough was postponed because of bad weather.
Sources revealed at the weekend that 22-year-old midfielder Yasin Ben El-Mhanni had lodged a complaint of bullying against former England international Beardsley, and it has since emerged that further allegations have been made.

El-Mhanni is understood to be due to attend a grievance hearing later this week.

toonfalifekevbrown
08-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Happened with beardo and Kenny wharton

ashingtoon62
08-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Happened with beardo and Kenny wharton

Aye but now the racist card has been played,he's fercked whatever has gone on..Ashley's bum boy or not,anyway one look at our under 23 squad form say's he should be gone anyway...

Jammy89
08-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Apparently the other allegations are 5 more members of the under 23's coming forward.

There was also an article i saw where an ex-U23's player said he felt bullied and humiliated by by Beardsley and it affected his career.

Not looking good for him; he's had a similar investigation before and now more incidents are coming to light.

Zippity
08-01-2018, 09:25 PM
Not good for Beardsley but perhaps good for the Club?

Chance to get someone in who's a better coach rather than someone who was 'just' a brilliant player (and an Ashley 'yes' man).

Jammy89
08-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Aye, probs right Zip.

Was Carroll our last player to come through and actually play first team?

Not counting Woodman (yet, hopefully)

finnaz
08-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Aye, probs right Zip.
Was Carroll our last player to come through and actually play first team?

Not counting Woodman (yet, hopefully)

maybe dummett

Zippity
08-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Sammy XD

:blue:

Geordie_Exile_De
09-01-2018, 05:00 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/15nn51l.jpg

toptoon
09-01-2018, 09:31 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/15nn51l.jpg

In PC Britain , no doubt, most will read that and think of monkeys (as the article is intended to imply - nice bit of free advertising with the 'Go Ape' logo!).

In the real world, you would probably think of kids. They´re all U23 and ´just out of school´.

Some things are not as cut and dried as they appear and it can be dangerous to jump to conclusions. If it was intended to be racist then Beardsley deserves everything he´ll get.

Geordie_Exile_De
09-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Nail on the head Toptoon.

I would also er on the side of caution when you see what rag its in.

Innocent until proven guilty. Lets hope he is innocent

toonfalifekevbrown
09-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Remember your dealing with footballers here.Years ago banter was a huge part of the game ,these days it's too easy to ruin some ones career .See what evidence comes up .no matt3r what the outcome I'd like to see beardo replaced for the good of the club and the young footballers coming through

Jammy89
09-01-2018, 09:28 PM
I would imagine that regardless of it being true or not (we need to wait for the investigation) his career as a youth coach here is over. 2nd accusation in the last 10 years and this one has race card involved, i just think the club will decide it's more trouble than he is worth.

If found guilty he'll be fired, or he'll resign before firing. If innocent will be moved back into an ambassadorial role.

I think that Yasin Ben El-Mhanni will also leave the club, probably in the summer.

toonlegend
09-01-2018, 11:22 PM
has anyone seen the latest "supposed "statement" from beardsley

load of cobblers, and some people are asking if its real and believing it is

toonlegend
09-01-2018, 11:28 PM
honestly i can't believe that some people believe this is a real statement from beardsley, or even half believe it.

Zippity
09-01-2018, 11:50 PM
i detect the stench of mackem behind that...

Cannylad
10-01-2018, 12:27 AM
honestly i can't believe that some people believe this is a real statement from beardsley, or even half believe it.

I'm sure any statement would come via a lawyer's office not from him personally. Total load of BS !!

Geordie_Exile_De
10-01-2018, 01:54 AM
i detect the stench of mackem behind that...

My thoughts exactly

ex_pat_magpie
10-01-2018, 08:03 AM
My thoughts exactly

Assuming that is the case or from a similar source then the perpetrator need to be hunted down and publicly exposed and shamed.

Kal
10-01-2018, 09:00 AM
There's about 20,000 left at the stade-de-shyte, a good place to start, Sunlun till i die an all that.

ashingtoon62
11-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Interesting article here by Craig Hope..
link doesnt work but its in the Mail and worth looking up.

toonfalifekevbrown
11-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Looks like that's why young Gibson left us .one of our coaches told him to leave for the good of his career .the club were told about stuff going on but brushed it under the carpet

ashingtoon62
11-01-2018, 08:17 PM
Looks like that's why young Gibson left us .one of our coaches told him to leave for the good of his career .the club were told about stuff going on but brushed it under the carpet

Aye he was mentioned directly and so were his parents,this article seems credible..It beggars belief as to why Beardsley was allowed to get away with it for so long..

https://tinyurl.com/yb4amt7k

Link works..

A must read..

Jammy89
11-01-2018, 09:17 PM
Makes it even worse :(

Is it cynical of me to think if true, the only reason he's held his job because he's been such a support of Ashley?

toonlegend
11-01-2018, 09:49 PM
not at all jammy.

ex_pat_magpie
11-01-2018, 09:58 PM
not at all jammy.

Assuming all of this reporting is correct it's sad and shameful that such an important part of this club could be held back for so long by so much stupidity. It's just typical of the entire Ashley regime.

Zippity
11-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Makes it even worse :(

Is it cynical of me to think if true, the only reason he's held his job because he's been such a support of Ashley?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Zippity
11-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Wrong thread...doh!

BenArfa10
12-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Aye he was mentioned directly and so were his parents,this article seems credible..It beggars belief as to why Beardsley was allowed to get away with it for so long..

https://tinyurl.com/yb4amt7k

Link works..

A must read..

Can’t believe his still here! Ignoring the alleged racial micro aggressions. How the hell is he still here?

Also he’s the reason we lost Gibson to Everton? It all seems to be coming out now.

Kal
12-01-2018, 08:30 AM
I wonder who received the £6 million from the sale of Gibson.

ashingtoon62
12-01-2018, 04:39 PM
I wonder who received the £6 million from the sale of Gibson.

Justin Barnes doesn't come cheap...>:)

Kal
12-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Commission %