PDA

View Full Version : Hampden

Aldo1983
07-01-2018, 09:27 AM
This deserves it's own thread.

Move or stay? Decision soon.

Stay for me, I actually like Hampden (unless I'm down the front rows).

The alternatives are worse. Paying Celtic and sevco to use their grounds or playing at Murrayfield which is by far a worse ground for football. No brainer.

Rochead
07-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Build a new stadium somewhere more central, failing that stay. No way do we want to be nomads wandering between different stadiums giving huns (if newco still exist) and the tims home games at cup finals whilst lining their pockets at the same time.

Mason89
07-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Keep it. It’s the best day out in Scottish football.

InversneckieDob
07-01-2018, 11:22 AM
I'm torn on this.

I have to say, I like the place.
Seen some awesome things there, good day out whenever and using the cheeks' grounds for big games doesnae sit well with me.

Cons......it can be a c u n t to get out after a big game if you dinna get a flyer away and the view behind the goals is gash.
I wish they'd built new stands ahint the goals when they re-did it, rather than just seating the shallow, sweeping bowl.

Pacman1903
07-01-2018, 11:27 AM
Bin it as it is divided into "celtic" and "rangers" ends and they beaks pander to the c@nts too and ensure they sit in "their ends"

A perfect example of whats wrong in our game

RED_JOHN
07-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Bin it as it is divided into "celtic" and "rangers" ends and they beaks pander to the c@nts too and ensure they sit in "their ends"

I agree. Burn the sh!thole down.

Aldo1983
07-01-2018, 11:42 AM

And instead play at Ibrox and parkhead?

Mason89
07-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Celtic & Rangers would still get their own ends at Parkhead & Ibrox. Choosing their own end at Hampden has to stop right enough & Aberdeen could stop it in an instant if we had any balls whatsoever

Milne doesn’t like upsetting them though & our management are probably fully behind it

Pacman1903
07-01-2018, 12:19 PM
And instead play at Ibrox and parkhead?

Murrayfield nae an option?

Jussi
07-01-2018, 12:22 PM
burn down the old dump

Build a new one , maybe in Perth.

- so that most celic/newco fans won't have so far to travel for cup finals.

Mason89
07-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Murrayfield nae an option?

I don’t think the Police would allow it.

Pacman1903
07-01-2018, 12:31 PM
I don’t think the Police would allow it.

What was it N.W.A said again?

redstarfk
07-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Celtic & Rangers would still get their own ends at Parkhead & Ibrox. Choosing their own end at Hampden has to stop right enough & Aberdeen could stop it in an instant if we had any balls whatsoever

Milne doesn’t like upsetting them though & our management are probably fully behind it

How could Aberdeen stop it in an instant ?

Mason89
07-01-2018, 12:44 PM
How could Aberdeen stop it in an instant ?

Say we get the Tims in the Scottish Cup Final. All it would take would be for Milne to go on tv with a 50p and say he wants a coin toss for which end our fans go in. In the interests of fairness of course, at what is a completely neutral venue. Back the mhanks into a corner

57vintage
07-01-2018, 12:47 PM
20,000 of us get in early, overwhelm the stewards and cops, taking the seats we want. The upstream supply columns will get sufficient quantities of Lifebuoy and Shield to the front lines of the vanguard to keep the ****s at bay.

Post-Thatcherite free-marketeer adherents in our support seem to have neither the imagination nor the desire to organise a decent occupation/protest/rammy.

RedStarTorphins
07-01-2018, 12:53 PM
To be honest I’m torn.

- Hamdung is sh1te behind the goals.
- If we ditch it, we’re likely to be using Parkhead or the B@stard Garden for cup finals. I don’t go to either ground as I refuse to give either a bean. Playing cup finals there would mean a six figure rental fee - sod that.
- Murrayfield some say.... it has the same issue as Hamdung in that behind the goals, in lower tier, is a sh1te view.
- a brand new 60,000 stadium in Perth or Stirling is NEVER going to happen.

It seems to me, on reflection, that building two new stands in behind the goals at Hamdung is the best solution. But again, the SFA are on the bones of their a*se & can’t afford that.

Bottom line is I don’t want cup finals at Parkhead or B@stard Garden & therefore give them hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Same for internationals. The 2 grounds would get 75% of Scotland games alternated between them (more money) with a token Estonia type game at Hibs, Hearts or Pittodrie.

So, 2 new stands brought in behind the goals at Hamdung, and “reserved” ends for the a*se cheeks a thing of the past.

Aldo1983
07-01-2018, 12:59 PM
What was it N.W.A said again?

Express Yourself?

Murrayfield is the worst ground I've been to for watching football. Plus, getting there might have been better but that was with 18k well behaved fans.

Feck_the_Huns
07-01-2018, 12:59 PM
Let's face it, there won't be a new stadium, as neither the SFA nor the Scottish Govt can afford it.

I personally don't give a feck what happans to Hampden post desertion; whether its kept on for athletics, concert arena or whatever, but I'm 100% of the view that it should not be our national stadium, for either semis, finals, or internationals. Horrible view, other than the south stand, it's not fit for purpose, location is pants etc etc

Being brutaly selfish here, AFC can score with this, as there will be loads of occasions that we can handle internationals where 20K will be the requirement; whether that Pittodrie or Kingsford. Yes, Celtic and Sevco will score as well (although I'm not certain that Ibrox would meet criteria, given it's current state)

So, a new stadium somewhere around Stirling would be ace but it's not happening, so lets just move the games around, to suit the requirement

redstarfk
07-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Say we get the Tims in the Scottish Cup Final. All it would take would be for Milne to go on tv with a 50p and say he wants a coin toss for which end our fans go in. In the interests of fairness of course, at what is a completely neutral venue. Back the mhanks into a corner

But there’s nothing inherently unfair about one team being given any particular end as long as the tickets are split 50/50. So milne would make himself look ridiculous by picking a pointless fight

Mason89
07-01-2018, 01:14 PM
But there’s nothing inherently unfair about one team being given any particular end as long as the tickets are split 50/50. So milne would make himself look ridiculous by picking a pointless fight

Of course it’s unfair. If one team consistently gets its own end & dressing room in its own city, I just gets familiar to them, like a home game.

They already get every advantage going, why give them another? Plus it would get right on their tits & f*ck with their ‘traditions’. That can only be a good thing

RedStarTorphins
07-01-2018, 01:38 PM
Of course it’s unfair. If one team consistently gets its own end & dressing room in its own city, I just gets familiar to them, like a home game.

They already get every advantage going, why give them another? Plus it would get right on their tits & f*ck with their ‘traditions’. That can only be a good thing

This. With bells on.
F*ck the SFA & their implied bias & pandering to 2 teams.
About time they were challenged on this.
Sadly Milne has no balls & would never do it.

RED_JOHN
07-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Let's face it, there won't be a new stadium, as neither the SFA nor the Scottish Govt can afford it.

I personally don't give a feck what happans to Hampden post desertion; whether its kept on for athletics, concert arena or whatever, but I'm 100% of the view that it should not be our national stadium, for either semis, finals, or internationals. Horrible view, other than the south stand, it's not fit for purpose, location is pants etc etc

Being brutaly selfish here, AFC can score with this, as there will be loads of occasions that we can handle internationals where 20K will be the requirement; whether that Pittodrie or Kingsford. Yes, Celtic and Sevco will score as well (although I'm not certain that Ibrox would meet criteria, given it's current state)

So, a new stadium somewhere around Stirling would be ace but it's not happening, so lets just move the games around, to suit the requirement

Hard to disagree with any of that. Why we need Hampden in its current state and stature in Scottish football is beyond me. Glasgow doesn’t need 3 big football grounds and the quicker cup finals etc are relocated to another city the better. I know Murrayfield is not perfect but i would rather play a final there instead of Hampden.

nice1simmy
07-01-2018, 02:11 PM

Why are our management probably fully behind it??

Mason89
07-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Ones a Tim & ones a Hun. Neither complained on previous visits there, on what would be a straightforward, easy request which would have the full backing of our support.

nice1simmy
07-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Ones a Tim & ones a Hun. Neither complained on previous visits there, on what would be a straightforward, easy request which would have the full backing of our support.

Jeeezus give it a rest min,do you not bore yourself sometimes rambling on about our manager being a hun and now doc is a tim :zzz:

Mason89
07-01-2018, 02:36 PM
You asked the question.

Redmadders96
07-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Blow Hampdung up and disband the SFA and do away with Scotland as an international team and let the scum from weegieland follow there true countries

Pacman1903
07-01-2018, 03:11 PM

Aye there is min. A tradition built around the two most powerful teams in the country and continued. Three teams over history who get to choose their end and choose their changing room. What kind of fairness is that. What kind of message does it send out to every other club that has played against any of the three teams at Hampden. Preferential treatment doesn't exist at any neutral cup venue in the world apart from ours. Its a mental advantage

Jupiter
07-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Give it to the RAF for target practice and use Murrayfield instead.

Mr_Grieves
07-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Murrayfield is the best option but I still think the SFA will keep Hampden.

All the SFA are doing just now is putting pressure on Queens Park to lower the lease payments.

Aldo1983
07-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Why is Murrayfield the best option?

krakowdon
07-01-2018, 04:52 PM
I'm no fan of Hampden as a stadium now that it's seated, but I'm for keeping it just so that we have a neutral venue.

What bothers me is that as well as giving them an excuse to shove more money the way of Celtic and Sevco for hosting games, the SFA and SPFL are also looking to relocate their offices. If we think it's bad enough now, imagine if the SFA were tenants of Sevco and being just along the corridor.

The_Verninator
07-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Wow what options we have - stuck between a sh*thole and a dump(s) ?

Hate Hampdung but no way do i want to give either scum additional revenue.

Murrayfield is the better stadium but it's not right for football

No way will the SFA pay for a new stadium - they cannot afford one and the government will not pay for it.

Redmadders96
07-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Hampdump..........New stadium at Stirling would be a better idea but never gonna happen.
The idea of using the other 2 so call big teams grounds in Glasgow is a non starter as we should not be actively giving them more money

Pacman1903
07-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Hampdump..........New stadium at Stirling would be a better idea but never gonna happen.
The idea of using the other 2 so call big teams grounds in Glasgow is a non starter as we should not be actively giving them more money

Its one way the SFA can keep their beloved sevco afloat.

Dinna rule it out from those utter f@cking berks

Mr_Grieves
07-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Why is Murrayfield the best option?

Its the largest stadium in the country, its easier to travel to from Aberdeen and it doesn't have "proddy" and "kafflick" ends.

Redmadders96
07-01-2018, 06:07 PM
The SFA cant even fund a run at the manager they had announced they wanted to take over from GS so what chance of a new stadium.
Gotta admit......Murrayfield is a good shout but I fear the SFA will plough cash in the Sevco which is corrupt and wrong

InversneckieDob
07-01-2018, 06:11 PM
Aye there is min. A tradition built around the two most powerful teams in the country and continued. Three teams over history who get to choose their end and choose their changing room. What kind of fairness is that. What kind of message does it send out to every other club that has played against any of the three teams at Hampden. Preferential treatment doesn't exist at any neutral cup venue in the world apart from ours. Its a mental advantage
They dinna get to choose their dressing rooms I dinna think.
The "ends" thing dates back to the days when Der h*n was arriving fae the South West of the Weeg and the JJs were coming fae the East..... .. shouldnae be a thing now at all, the only difference as I recall is there's a bookie in the Mt Florida end but nae in the Torryglen end.

Redmadders96
07-01-2018, 06:19 PM
They dinna get to choose their dressing rooms I dinna think.
The "ends" thing dates back to the days when Der h*n was arriving fae the South West of the Weeg and the JJs were coming fae the East..... .. shouldnae be a thing now at all, the only difference as I recall is there's a bookie in the Mt Florida end but nae in the Torryglen end.

If you ever go on the Stadium Tour of Hampden the tour guide tells you all about it being the scum and the victims ends its a shambles and will never change ever

Aldo1983
07-01-2018, 06:29 PM
It's not that much quicker from Aberdeen to Edinburgh and I wouldn't go on the Hearts game as an example. There would be a much, much larger Partizan crowds if we were in a final with someone like Sevco. If folk are complaining about travelling then we are ****ed when it comes to our new stadium.

Anyway, I don't believe anyone like being at Murrayfield for the hearts game.

dons8321
07-01-2018, 07:01 PM

Obviously you with your superior inside knowledge of all things Aberdeen (living as you do in the hub of Dumbartonshire) know that neither McInnes or Doherty complained on previous visits there and asked Milne that "straightforward, easy request" and were told to concentrate on the football team?

Mason89
07-01-2018, 07:06 PM
It’s Dunbartonshire, with an ‘N’. West side.

They both had ample opportunity to bring it up in the pre game build ups. It would only need to be mentioned once.
I’m not blaming them, just pointing out that they probably don’t see it as an issue as they’re part of the problem

donsdaft
07-01-2018, 07:08 PM
I'd be happy tossing a coin to see which end of Hampden we get for a game against Hibs.

dons8321
07-01-2018, 07:08 PM
It’s Dunbartonshire, with an ‘N’. West side.

They both had ample opportunity to bring it up in the pre game build ups. It would only need to be mentioned once.
I’m not blaming them, just pointing out that they probably don’t see it as an issue as they’re part of the problem

Respec

curvasud
07-01-2018, 07:10 PM
I've seen some giving it the history and tradition argument for Hampden. It's too ****e for that to count. I don't care. You feel so far from the action it's unlike any other stadium I've been to. Shockingly shallow and miles from the pitch. I'd say it's the perfect example of how modern stadiums can still be crap or actually worse than old ones. Even the Italian ones with running tracks tend to have a 2nd tier where the fans go, 20 feet up with a good vantage point.

Secondly, the huns and tims playing games in Glasgow is a farce of an advantage. I'd give us a big chance of winning any semi or final if the stadium was in Aberdeen. That alone is enough to want to bin Hampden for a neutral city at minimum in games against them (which semis and finals will usually be).

Edinburgh is a nicer, better city. Doesn't have the stain of the old firm and glasgow in general.

I'd prefer Murrayfield to somehow be updated or convertible for football.

Redmadders96
07-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Its never gonna happen that we are not playing finals in any place apart from weegieland........for one the west coast bias counts for everything and the rest can just feck off.

rico94
07-01-2018, 07:31 PM
I would go for stay,Hampden is far from perfect but I have had some good memories at Hampden with Aberdeen and Scotland.

I have never been to Murrayfield so cant comment on its atmosphere etc but I’m sure it’s got its cons like Hampden does.

curvasud
07-01-2018, 07:51 PM
I would go for stay,Hampden is far from perfect but I have had some good memories at Hampden with Aberdeen and Scotland.

I have never been to Murrayfield so cant comment on its atmosphere etc but I’m sure it’s got its cons like Hampden does.

There are lots of good parts of Murrayfield. It's nowhere near as far behind the goals. I've never been in a spot I've enjoyed at Hampden and that's up to near the halfway line. Hampden you're miles away from everyone everywhere. View from top tier at Murrayfield is great. Bottom tier not as shallow as Hampden.

I don't know why anyone would prefer to stand in the crapness of Hampden for 1 minute.

Aldo1983
07-01-2018, 07:59 PM
There are lots of good parts of Murrayfield. It's nowhere near as far behind the goals. I've never been in a spot I've enjoyed at Hampden and that's up to near the halfway line. Hampden you're miles away from everyone everywhere. View from top tier at Murrayfield is great. Bottom tier not as shallow as Hampden.

I don't know why anyone would prefer to stand in the crapness of Hampden for 1 minute.

Pish. I was up the back of Murrayfield and it was ****e. My mate was at the front of the top tier and came to sit with me as his seat was equally as bad. The corners are even worse by all accounts. The pitch is too far away and the traffic will be just as bad. It's a stadium for hooray Henry's that enjoy sticking pool cues up each others arses.

Mason89
07-01-2018, 08:03 PM
I love it. Never had a problem with the view, love the walk across Glasgow city centre to Central, love the pre match pubs, love the walk down to the ground, love walking back to the pubs at half time when we’re 4-0 down - it’s all great

Pacman1903
07-01-2018, 08:11 PM
love walking back to the pubs at half time when we’re 4-0 down

The semi v Celtic when Commons scored on his debut i left after 25 mins hoping for a pub but they were all stowed out already. Had to drink on a park bench next to the railway

Mason89
07-01-2018, 08:17 PM
The semi v Celtic when Commons scored on his debut i left after 25 mins hoping for a pub but they were all stowed out already. Had to drink on a park bench next to the railway

Some bounce in The Ivory when Scotty Vernon scored :D

rico94
07-01-2018, 08:38 PM

I have been behind the goals at Hampden and you are right it’s a pish view.

I usually sit in the north stand these days and there is nothing wrong with the view there.I sat in the main stand for a semi final against Celtic under paw Broon and there was nothing wrong with the view there either.

You can’t possibly think that there is no seats at Murrayfield where the view is pish,every stadium has poor views from some positions.

curvasud
07-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Pish. I was up the back of Murrayfield and it was ****e. My mate was at the front of the top tier and came to sit with me as his seat was equally as bad. The corners are even worse by all accounts. The pitch is too far away and the traffic will be just as bad. It's a stadium for hooray Henry's that enjoy sticking pool cues up each others arses.

The back of the front tier behind the goal? That is, obviously, the worst view in the whole place. The back of the upper tier is a great view. Very strange (ridiculous) if he went from the front of the upper to the back of the lower. A convenient excuse from him.

Goalposter
07-01-2018, 11:01 PM
Dont go to the Neu Camp then.

You guys will hate it.

Yet its ****ing magic and you're miles away from the pitch.

curvasud
07-01-2018, 11:01 PM
I have been behind the goals at Hampden and you are right it’s a pish view.

I usually sit in the north stand these days and there is nothing wrong with the view there.I sat in the main stand for a semi final against Celtic under paw Broon and there was nothing wrong with the view there either.

You can’t possibly think that there is no seats at Murrayfield where the view is pish,every stadium has poor views from some positions.

I walked between the north and west at the league cup semi, and west and south at the final, with all the free seats, trying to find somewhere to like. The ends being so open and far away from each other are probably a big reason it's unlikeable. Doesn't feel right anywhere.

Bottom tier anywhere behind the byline at Murrayfield is a pish view of course but much better than the same at Hampden.

I'd prefer if they built over the bottom tier to make it as steep as the top one, or something like that.

Mason89
07-01-2018, 11:07 PM
The view isn’t that important

erchieplum
07-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Hampden for me . Murrayfield was awful for the Hearts game.Fans in wheelchairs at side of pitch (no shelter) ,crap view. Leaving the stand to walk to entrance get drinks and then struggle back to seat.it's designed for picnicking rugga types not fitba supporters.
The thought of playing finals against the bigot bros at their grounds is appalling even if it is the other cheek we play.
Septic park was actually quite good for the Ireland game but as a one off ,b****r giving them more money for cup finals games and Scotland games.
I agree Hampden could be better but it is the best of a bad lot.I tend to sit in "main stand" now and only real complaint is parking/time to get away from ground.

Feck_the_Huns
07-01-2018, 11:38 PM
All the SFA are doing just now is putting pressure on Queens Park to lower the lease payments.

In a nutshell.

And that's what will happen, eventually. This is all brinksmanship, but in the end, Hampden is where we will stay.

The SFA would be writing off, phit, £50m of investment if they binned Hampden off; the dough that was spend doing up the place back in the 90s, and that just wont happen.

If, and its a big if, the west and east stands could be re-engineered, squared off if you like so that they were nearer to the goals, then it might be worth doing but that's still going to cost towards £20m. And the SFA can't even find £500K to release Michael O'Neil from the NI job..........

The fact that the SFA don't even own the stadium, is as big a joke as AFC not having their own training facility.

We need to move on, Hampden is a hole, well beyond its sell by date just as Pittodrie is. At least AFC recognise this.........

Mason89
07-01-2018, 11:43 PM
We need to move on, Hampden is a hole, well beyond its sell by date just as Pittodrie is. At least AFC recognise this.........

Move on to what? What is it we’re all missing out on here? What’s the end result that everyone wants? How comfy do you want a stadium before you’re happy?

donsdaft
07-01-2018, 11:57 PM
(1) You're never going to persuade the SFA to build a new national stadium at Westhill

(2) There's f'uck all wrang wi Pittodrie

Goalposter
08-01-2018, 12:20 AM
Blame no voters and the thatcher government.

The tories spent what 800mill on the ****ing millenium stadium.

We got zip.

Chunts.

Aldo1983
08-01-2018, 07:19 AM
Move on to what? What is it we’re all missing out on here? What’s the end result that everyone wants? How comfy do you want a stadium before you’re happy?

It's obvious why some people want to move to Murrayfield. Nothing to do with the pish view, atmosphere and the fact it's just a little easier to get to.

Feck_the_Huns
08-01-2018, 10:12 AM

If you'd read my earlier post, you'd have seen my thoughts

We don't need a national stadium. We can use Tynie, Easter Rd, Pittodrie/Kingsford, Murrayfield, Parkhead, and Ibrox, if its deemed safe and fit for purpose.

The SFA can move back to Park Gardens, or some other admin block in Edinburgh, for example.

To do up Hampden, would be a monumental financial screw up, on a par with Holyrood

Aldo1983
08-01-2018, 11:05 AM
If you'd read my earlier post, you'd have seen my thoughts

We don't need a national stadium. We can use Tynie, Easter Rd, Pittodrie/Kingsford, Murrayfield, Parkhead, and Ibrox, if its deemed safe and fit for purpose.

The SFA can move back to Park Gardens, or some other admin block in Edinburgh, for example.

To do up Hampden, would be a monumental financial screw up, on a par with Holyrood

I doubt Pittodrie would get much in the way of internationals and unlikely to get any semi finals. So it would still leave Celtic and Rangers being the main beneficiary of moving.

Feck_the_Huns
08-01-2018, 11:31 AM
I doubt Pittodrie would get much in the way of internationals and unlikely to get any semi finals. So it would still leave Celtic and Rangers being the main beneficiary of moving.

Didn't we host the recent Holland game?

Why wouldn't Easter Rd or Tynecastle get semi finals, international games etc etc?

Mason89
08-01-2018, 11:39 AM
Neither are big enough for most of those games.

Feck_the_Huns
08-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Neither are big enough for most of those games.

20K crowds not the norm for the games v the diddy international teams?

Daft thought, but, couldn't there be some agreement come to whereby any monies raised from hosting international games or semis/finals at Easter Rd, Parkhead etc etc were then pooled, and then shared around every SPFL club in the country, instead of to the individual clubs who own the ground?

Aldo1983
08-01-2018, 12:01 PM
20K crowds not the norm for the games v the diddy international teams?

Daft thought, but, couldn't there be some agreement come to whereby any monies raised from hosting international games or semis/finals at Easter Rd, Parkhead were then pooled, and then shared around every SPFL club in the country?

The big time socialists of Celtic wouldn't even like that idea.

The Holland game was at a time when nobody cares about the game, two teams with nothing to play for. If that was a competitive match it would be getting played at Ibrox.

As for semi finals, if aberdonians don't like travelling down to Glasgow or Edinburgh then why would fans of those clubs?

Pacman1903
08-01-2018, 06:27 PM
It said in the paper that it would be the final international played at Pittodrie as there were slight rule changes coming that would make Pittodrie nae use. Something like that anyway. Whoopdedoo.

mondo_notion
08-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Can I ask what started this thread? Is Hampden nearing the end of it's life or are they just looking to change things up a bit?

Aldo1983
08-01-2018, 06:47 PM
Can I ask what started this thread? Is Hampden nearing the end of it's life or are they just looking to change things up a bit?

Decision to be made this month on if the SFA ditch Hampden or keep it. A "fan" survey was favourable to moving away.

Pacman1903
08-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Decision to be made this month on if the SFA ditch Hampden or keep it. A "fan" survey was favourable to moving away.

The lease expires

mondo_notion
08-01-2018, 06:56 PM

Meh, put me down for nae fussed. Don't know enough about it.

mondo_notion
08-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Done a bit of research - see linky below

http://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/the-hampden-experience/hampden-history.html

I had no idea who owned it. I say take out another lease.

Mason89
26-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Huns & Tims want scotland games & cup finals

Nice one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42824301

mondo_notion
26-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Do you reckon the decision has already been made and they are just spinning it out in the name of neutrality?

Donanddusted
26-01-2018, 01:51 PM
Do you reckon the decision has already been made and they are just spinning it out in the name of neutrality?

Yes and it's completely neutral. Each gets one turnabout.

donsdaft
26-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Yes and it's completely neutral. Each gets one turnabout.

Whether this happens or not, you have just summed up all that is wrong with Scottish football.

They actually see that as fair, would be dumbfounded to hear anyone else thought otherwise.

Aldo1983
26-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Whether this happens or not, you have just summed up all that is wrong with Scottish football.

They actually see that as fair, would be dumbfounded to hear anyone else thought otherwise.

There's plenty of Aberdeen fans on here that wanted Hampden binned. There was only ever going to be one alternative and it's this.

Jupiter
26-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Huns & Tims want scotland games & cup finals

Nice one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42824301

With this and that stupid colt team idea, the old firm axis of evil is well and truly back.

Hampden should be repaced with Murrayfield instead of pandering to the 2 cheeks.

Aldo1983
26-01-2018, 06:31 PM
With this and that stupid colt team idea, the old firm axis of evil is well and truly back.

Hampden should be repaced with Murrayfield instead of pandering to the 2 cheeks.

No it shouldn't, Murrayfield is a ****e football stadium. Anyone with any sense knew that if they bin Hampden it'll mean Ibrox and Parkhead would get the internationals and cup games. No way any stadium in Aberdeen would get a semi final. Careful what you wish for and all that. Club and fans once again allowing that lot to do what they want.

Jupiter
30-01-2018, 07:20 PM
It's either going to be Hampden or Murrayfield. The old firm axis of evil plan to split games between their stadiums isn't going to happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42879577

Mr_Grieves
30-01-2018, 07:55 PM
No it shouldn't, Murrayfield is a ****e football stadium. Anyone with any sense knew that if they bin Hampden it'll mean Ibrox and Parkhead would get the internationals and cup games. No way any stadium in Aberdeen would get a semi final. Careful what you wish for and all that. Club and fans once again allowing that lot to do what they want.

Anyone with any sense will realise that all the SFA are doing just now is putting pressure on Queens Park to get the cost of the lease on Hampden down to a low as possible.

Feck_the_Huns
30-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Anyone with any sense will realise that all the SFA are doing just now is putting pressure on Queens Park to get the cost of the lease on Hampden down to a low as possible.

Correct

Michael Stewart tonight said that we should redevelop Hampden and reduce the capacity to 35K, use Murrayfield for the bigger attended Cup finals and interntionals, and Hampden when required.

Good idea. But, they will never spend another penny on Hampden, after spunking, what was it, £50m on its redevelopment back in the late 90s

Mr_Grieves
30-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Exactly, if the SFA couldn't afford Michael O' Neil then there's absolutely fvck all chance of them forking out to rebuild the 2 end stands at Hampden.

kb_don
31-03-2018, 02:32 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43604938

Like a lot of people, I assumed it was all an SFA ploy to drive down the lease price by threatening to leave hampden.

Instead it looks like the sfa were even more devious by forcing Queens Park to sell for peanuts

While it makes sense financially and from a control stand point for the sfa to own their own stadium, it's a kick in the nuts for Queens Park. I'd be pissed off if my club was forced to sell it's stadium like this

Jupiter
31-03-2018, 02:33 PM
It doesn't say how much it cost though. I would assume it would be enough for Queens Park to build a new stadium, or are they still going to play at Hampden?

InversneckieDob
31-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Queens Park could play at Lesser Hampden with some tampering or what about getting their mits on Cathkin and doing it up?

LED
31-03-2018, 04:40 PM
Exactly, if the SFA couldn't afford Michael O' Neil then there's absolutely fvck all chance of them forking out to rebuild the 2 end stands at Hampden.
Or the sfa could do what queens park did and get the ugly sisters to pay for renovating each end of hamdump.