View Full Version : Another incoming says AH on Twitter

Old_pie
11-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Alan Hardy
‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
10m10 minutes ago

Alan Hardy Retweeted Tom Walters

Expect another announcement this afternoon or early tomorrow 👍

Young energetic striker would do nicely.

irish_pie
11-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Alan Hardy
‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
10m10 minutes ago

Alan Hardy Retweeted Tom Walters

Expect another announcement this afternoon or early tomorrow ��

Young energetic striker would do nicely.

That would be good indeed Old_Pie, that Matty Virtue chap looks a bit tasty and looks to be Yates replacement, if he has even half the effect of Ryan then we are on to a winner.... now for the striker... maybe another Liverpool chap?

countygump
11-01-2018, 01:38 PM
That would be good indeed Old_Pie, that Matty Virtue chap looks a bit tasty and looks to be Yates replacement, if he has even half the effect of Ryan then we are on to a winner.... now for the striker... maybe another Liverpool chap?

Wonder which one of the signings is Al's 'lifetime ambition'?

Notts County have moved quickly to replace recalled Nottingham Forest midfielder Ryan Yates by signing Liverpool Under-23s captain Matty Virtue on loan.

Here is some information about the player's identity, career, achievements and style of play.

Full name: Matthew Joseph Virtue-Thick

Date of birth: May 2, 1997

Place of birth: Epsom

irish_pie
11-01-2018, 01:43 PM

Notts County have moved quickly to replace recalled Nottingham Forest midfielder Ryan Yates by signing Liverpool Under-23s captain Matty Virtue on loan.

Here is some information about the player's identity, career, achievements and style of play.

Full name: Matthew Joseph Virtue-Thick

Date of birth: May 2, 1997

Place of birth: Epsom

That remains to be seen Gumpy, but in my opinion you don't get to be captain of any premier league reserve or under 23 team without having a bit about you... so lets hope this is another diamond that KN seems to be able to find from absolutely nowhere

Bohinen
11-01-2018, 01:51 PM

He said 'a' lifetime ambition. Maybe it is Virtue's lifetime ambition to play senior football. Who knows?

countygump
11-01-2018, 02:16 PM
He said 'a' lifetime ambition. Maybe it is Virtue's lifetime ambition to play senior football. Who knows?

Who knows ay???

mattpie
11-01-2018, 02:20 PM

Would've thought this is spot on from general analysis of his attempts to be cryptic!

sidders
11-01-2018, 03:02 PM
It's called making a virtue out of necessity...

Oldstripy
11-01-2018, 03:17 PM

Would've thought this is spot on from general analysis of his attempts to be cryptic!

Maybe his ambition is to sign a player from Liverpool or a premier league club. B)

legs77
11-01-2018, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see George Hirst (CF) from Sheff Wed or Conor Masterson (CB) at Liverpool join.

Brewster at Liverpool would be an excellent loan as a striker reminds me of a young Defoe but I doubt we have any chance of getting him.

SwalePie
11-01-2018, 03:31 PM
I took it (a lifetime ambition fulfilled) to mean that he would be playing up front for Forest as Grant was recalled? (as per his statement that this was more likely than either being recalled not long ago)

Woodsetts_Pie
11-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Too much ambiguity with tw*tter for me. "Another lifetime ambition fulfilled this morning" ... For who?

It could mean that AH has achieved a lifetime ambition this morning, i.e. He's run a 4 minute mile or something,
OR
It could mean that he has enabled someone else's i.e. Matty Virtue's lifetime ambition to pull on the famous Black and White stripes.

I'm confused

DelroyFacey22
11-01-2018, 04:16 PM
I took it (a lifetime ambition fulfilled) to mean that he would be playing up front for Forest as Grant was recalled? (as per his statement that this was more likely than either being recalled not long ago)

I thought that comment was in reply to the possibility of Nolan taking the Forest job?

countygump
11-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Too much ambiguity with tw*tter for me. "Another lifetime ambition fulfilled this morning" ... For who?

It could mean that AH has achieved a lifetime ambition this morning, i.e. He's run a 4 minute mile or something,
OR
It could mean that he has enabled someone else's i.e. Matty Virtue's lifetime ambition to pull on the famous Black and White stripes.

I'm confused

My point precisely! or in laymans terms, 'what the **** is he on about'.

Poor choice of words, IMHAHO.

upthemaggies
11-01-2018, 04:30 PM
Maybe his ambition is to sign a player from Liverpool or a premier league club. B)

I think Hardy did support Liverpool as a boy. If so, doing business with them would have felt special I'm sure.

Comptonpie
11-01-2018, 05:50 PM
Surely it’s the training ground set to be announced, that seems like it could be a lifetime ambition of his

Bohinen
11-01-2018, 05:52 PM
My point precisely! or in laymans terms, 'what the **** is he on about'.

Poor choice of words, IMHAHO.

In fairness, you did tell him to his Twitter face.

JoePass
11-01-2018, 05:57 PM
In fairness, you did tell him to his Twitter face.

Some never stop moaning on here, what the hell do they want....sigh....

SwalePie
11-01-2018, 06:09 PM
I thought that comment was in reply to the possibility of Nolan taking the Forest job?

You could well be right, thinking back on it

Bohinen
11-01-2018, 06:14 PM

In fairness, he was moaning on Twitter, Not me though, I am very happy with Hardy's reaction to Forest's welching.

Bohinen
11-01-2018, 06:16 PM
You could well be right, thinking back on it

It was in reply to this:

L2 Notts County, who are 2nd, fuming with neighbours #NFFC after they recalled in-form midfielder Ryan Yates from season loan & sent him to L1 S****horpe. Now fears Nolan's men could lose 16-goal Jorge Grant , on loan from #NFFC as well, to L1 Bradford

arnapie
11-01-2018, 06:34 PM

Hardy is a Liverpool fan? Lifetime ambition, signing a Liverpool player?

Bohinen
11-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Hardy is a Liverpool fan? Lifetime ambition, signing a Liverpool player?

Maybe you're right. But mainly I think he's saying anything to show he isn't bothered. Like this when asked 'where do you think you would be in the league had we not loaned them in the first place'

Same place. Nobody is irreplaceable. Ask Spurs about Bale.

Old_pie
11-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Maybe you're right. But mainly I think he's saying anything to show he isn't bothered. Like this when asked 'where do you think you would be in the league had we not loaned them in the first place'

Same place. Nobody is irreplaceable. Ask Spurs about Bale.

And where would Spurs have been with Bale? Not chickening out on being champions would be my bet.

Bohinen
11-01-2018, 07:19 PM
And where would Spurs have been with Bale? Not chickening out on being champions would be my bet.

They spent the Bale money badly, didn't they? But he had to say something to the Red who was implying Yates and Grant have carried us. Actually as Grant hasn't gone yet, it could be a bit of a warning shot.

nay123
11-01-2018, 07:48 PM

OR

I'm confusedsigned up a Liverpool player. hardy is a big fan of theirs.

LaxtonLad
11-01-2018, 08:09 PM

Cryptic indeed. It could hardly be a "lifetime's ambition" to sign a player from a particular club, not really an ambition is it? At AH's age, any player he signs now wouldn't even have been born when Alan was a lad, but to buy a certain childhood dream club, yes, to own a particular club and to see it be successful is, or could be an "ambition".

Elite_Pie
11-01-2018, 08:15 PM

In my case, nothing more than a factual report on what's actually happening, whether good news or bad. I don't need all these vague promises on social media which fail to materialise, just tell me when it's done and dusted.

The-Mac pie
11-01-2018, 10:09 PM
I have a hunch this will be a signing that will please many a folk.
Waiting for the puns!