PDA

View Full Version : MIkey Devlin

Pauldolski10
15-01-2018, 08:47 AM
One of todays newspapers reporting we have tabled a bid for Accies defender Mikey Devlin. Not sure if its pre contract or an actual fee for him now. He did an acl last season i think

RedStarTorphins
15-01-2018, 09:53 AM
One of todays newspapers reporting we have tabled a bid for Accies defender Mikey Devlin. Not sure if its pre contract or an actual fee for him now. He did an acl last season i think

Huge gamble.
Hasn’t played in 7-8 months.
Would he be an upgrade on what we have?
Doubt it.

Mason89
15-01-2018, 10:54 AM
He could fill the void left by Callum Morris.

InversneckieDob
15-01-2018, 11:38 AM
If he's right after his injury him and McKenna could form a partnership to see us right for years.

Feck_the_Huns
15-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Huge gamble.
Hasn’t played in 7-8 months.
Would he be an upgrade on what we have?
Doubt it.

Left sided centre half if I remember right - how many of them do we need?

I recall DM alluding to, had he not done his ACL (for the 2nd time, I think) that he would have signed a pre contract last spring (seemed to think he was out of contract last summer, maybe not)

RedStarTorphins
15-01-2018, 05:16 PM
Left sided centre half if I remember right - how many of them do we need?

I recall DM alluding to, had he not done his ACL (for the 2nd time, I think) that he would have signed a pre contract last spring (seemed to think he was out of contract last summer, maybe not)

Pretty sure he’s right sided FTH.
His contract expires in summer.
Even when he was playing every week & fit I doubt he’d be an upgrade to be honest.

ragnarok
15-01-2018, 11:59 PM
Don't know much about him to be honest but I seem to recall that we were linked with him last summer? Or that may just have been wishlisting by some of our fans. I suspect Reynolds may move on this summer and Arnason isn't getting any younger so we're likely to be in the market for a new CH.

blowupsheep
16-01-2018, 02:25 AM
he could fill the void left by callum morris.

Aye mason must admit this did actually make me have a chuckle min, haha

Stavrum
16-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Don't know much about him to be honest but I seem to recall that we were linked with him last summer? Or that may just have been wishlisting by some of our fans. I suspect Reynolds may move on this summer and Arnason isn't getting any younger so we're likely to be in the market for a new CH.

Accies fan i work with says that they had heard the same rumours in the past (before the injury). According to him, he is nearly back from his injury and would be a good signing for us if we can keep him fit as he has been a little injury prone.

At only 24, i think he would be a good signing based on what i saw of him before the injury

bpdon
16-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Devlin was excellent the night we lost 1-0 at ND Park despite having 99% possession and 3,000 attempts on goal. That game was around about the time there were suggestions of him getting a Scotland call up. If he can get back to that level of performance (McInnes'ism) then he could be a useful addition. I doubt he would be any better than McKenna and Arneson based on current form though so he isnt going to make any impact on our current team.

Although its not too unrealistic to think that Devlin could be a successor to the latter in due course. Or even the former if some silly money appears for McKenna.

Feck_the_Huns
03-03-2018, 10:54 PM
When is he back? Hopefully soon

AoC and Arnie are horsesh1t, we need this new laddie in there as soon as he is match fit. Sure I recall it was March, sometime

RedStarTorphins
03-03-2018, 11:08 PM

AoC and Arnie are horsesh1t, we need this new laddie in there as soon as he is match fit. Sure I recall it was March, sometime

The thing is FTH, he’s not played for 10 months.
It’ll be next season before he gets up to speed & properly fit.
If he does play, it will be with a view to get him fit for next season.

rico94
03-03-2018, 11:09 PM

Bit harsh to write him off before he has played a game but I get the feeling he will be a McInnes favourite,as in even if he has a nightmare he will play every week.

Hope I’m wrong and he ends up forming a solid partnership with McKenna.

Basingstokered
03-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Centre half Derek will probably stick him on left wing !

RedStarTorphins
03-03-2018, 11:14 PM
Bit harsh to write him off before he has played a game but I get the feeling he will be a McInnes favourite,as in even if he has a nightmare he will play every week.

Hope I’m wrong and he ends up forming a solid partnership with McKenna.

It’s one hell of a leap of faith to give a 4 year contract to a player who hasn’t played in 10 months.
Here’s hoping it works out better than the £400k we’ve p1ssed away on Stevie May.
At least the fee was “nominal” or whatever cliche they use in these circumstances.

rico94
03-03-2018, 11:30 PM
It’s one hell of a leap of faith to give a 4 year contract to a player who hasn’t played in 10 months.
Here’s hoping it works out better than the £400k we’ve p1ssed away on Stevie May.
At least the fee was “nominal” or whatever cliche they use in these circumstances.

Still think it’s a bit harsh to say we have pissed away 400k in May, I don’t think we play to his strengths.

For the folk who say we would have been better off signing Moult I would imagine they would be saying he was a waste of money too because most of his goals come from crosses and we haven’t really done that for most of the season apart from the brief spell when McGinn came back.

RedStarTorphins
03-03-2018, 11:41 PM
Still think it’s a bit harsh to say we have pissed away 400k in May, I don’t think we play to his strengths.

For the folk who say we would have been better off signing Moult I would imagine they would be saying he was a waste of money too because most of his goals come from crosses and we haven’t really done that for most of the season apart from the brief spell when McGinn came back.

I agree that the lack of service to the strikers is an issue.
The style of play has deteriorated a lot this season.
We’re more ponderous & slow.
But that all said, May has still looked pretty poor I’d say. He was never quick but he’s definiteny not as sharp as he was.

rico94
03-03-2018, 11:51 PM
I agree that the lack of service to the strikers is an issue.
The style of play has deteriorated a lot this season.
We’re more ponderous & slow.
But that all said, May has still looked pretty poor I’d say. He was never quick but he’s definiteny not as sharp as he was.

Yeah I think it’s fair enough to say that,I think he was at his best at St Johnstone in 2014 feeding off scraps by playing beside Maclean,playing him on his own up front clearly isn’t working and I was surprised last week the loon Cosgrove wasn’t put on to play beside him instead of replacing him.

Saying that I shouldn’t have been too surprised considering it’s McInnes who is our manager.

Mason89
04-03-2018, 12:29 AM
With the best will in the world, Mikey Devlin is going to make no real difference to the problems at AFC

Jupiter
04-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Can he play left back?

Basingstokered
04-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Can he play left back?

Probably not but it’s not stopped Considine

afc1903mad
05-03-2018, 01:31 AM
With the best will in the world, Mikey Devlin is going to make no real difference to the problems at AFC

Let’s give the boy a chance at least before you resign him to the next boo boy.
I agree though that we won’t see the best of him till next season at least.