PDA

View Full Version : Dunnett v Hardy

Old_pie
20-01-2018, 12:09 PM
AH is kicking of again waxing lyrical that we're in for a treat because of last night's indoor training:

"Watched the behind closed-doors training session yesterday ahead of today’s game and WOW!!!! No wonder I couldn’t sleep last night. Is it Christmas Day today? You guys are in for such a treat "

A "Steve Marshall" tries to be a bit more realistic and gets a sharp rebuff from AH:

"Alan Hardy Retweeted steve marshall
You coming to watch today then? If not, pipe down
Alan Hardy added,

steve marshall @stema_steve
Replying to @Bigalanh5
They didn't have Exeter trying to stop them Alan? Keep it real."

Whenever I watch KN being "dragged" around to interviews such as last night I recall the Jack Dunnett interview in which the great JS politely says "enough chat Mr Chairman, I've got players to train" and can't help feel that is going through KN's mind.

The interview is worth a watch whatever your stance but I just could not imagine JD behaving like AH despite the fact he must have had great pride in what he achieved.

http://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-05041971-jack-dunnett-mp-nottingham-central

Let's hope AH hasn't put the kiss of death on this afternoon's result.

jackal2
20-01-2018, 12:53 PM
I think it's obvious Alan Hardy loves the limelight and sometimes lets his enthusiasm carry him away, but the same instincts and characteristics have enabled him to lead from the front and change the mood and direction of the entire club in a remarkably short space of time. He does seem to be very successful in running his businesses, and that wouldn't be possible unless he had a good relationship with his employees at all levels. Everything he says in public about the people working for him is positive and upbeat, which must make them feel good, and a little bit of confidence and praise can often drive people and organisations a long way. The acid test of a leader is whether they still back their troops when things don't go as well as they predicted, and so far I think AH has shown he's the type who will do that as well, so overall I think he's a massively positive influence and a good chairman/owner.

I can't comment on Jack Dunnett, because that era was before my time, but the consensus seems to be that Dunnett and Sirrell had a very strong working relationship in which each appreciated and understood the other's characteristics. This also seems to apply to the Hardy/Nolan relationship. I can't imagine Kevin Nolan being too unhappy when his owner touts him as a future England manager!

My memories start from the Pavis era, where the rise and fall of the team pretty much mirrored the path of the relationship between Derek Pavis and Neil Warnock, and similarly later between Pavis and Sam Allardyce. Clearly, the strength of that bond, or lack of it, plays a big part in determining the fortunes of a football club.

uysapie
20-01-2018, 02:13 PM
AH is kicking of again waxing lyrical that we're in for a treat because of last night's indoor training:

"Watched the behind closed-doors training session yesterday ahead of today’s game and WOW!!!! No wonder I couldn’t sleep last night. Is it Christmas Day today? You guys are in for such a treat "

A "Steve Marshall" tries to be a bit more realistic and gets a sharp rebuff from AH:

Alan Hardy added,

Replying to @Bigalanh5

Whenever I watch KN being "dragged" around to interviews such as last night I recall the Jack Dunnett interview in which the great JS politely says "enough chat Mr Chairman, I've got players to train" and can't help feel that is going through KN's mind.

The interview is worth a watch whatever your stance but I just could not imagine JD behaving like AH despite the fact he must have had great pride in what he achieved.

http://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-05041971-jack-dunnett-mp-nottingham-central

He really should learn not to shoot from the lip.

tarquinbeech
20-01-2018, 02:33 PM
He really should learn not to shoot from the lip.

Personally not too bothered what AH says as long KN never ever gets a Twitter account, which is his stated position. Let Alan stick to the marketing ploys, let Kevin do his talking via the results on the pitch.

SwalePie
20-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Personally not too bothered what AH says as long KN never ever gets a Twitter account, which is his stated position. Let Alan stick to the marketing ploys, let Kevin do his talking via the results on the pitch.

Spot on. It's working so far after all!

irishpete
20-01-2018, 02:54 PM
AH is a spin doctor & it is in whole working for him at the minute.Personally think he is like RT was &, when things go tits up,will throw the toys out the pram.Signs of it on his twitter if you dare to post something he doesn't like

pedrolane
20-01-2018, 05:57 PM
He does not compare to Dunnett in any way shape or form. Dunnett had much more class and was not a frustrated wannabe footballer or manager. I can feel KN cringing every time he is interviewed with AH, he looks uncomfortable. Dunnett didn't need to talk bull ****e in the media to try to make himself look good, he got on with the job and was good at it.

SwalePie
20-01-2018, 06:58 PM
Two completely different characters for two completely different eras, both in the world and in the game. Nowadays we need someone with AH's marketing and promotional nous, regardless of whether everyone 'likes' it. Just look at the numbers, the vibe at the club and so on.

Dunnett was a fabulous servant to this grand old club and, based on just one year so far, Hardy is not doing too badly. Only time will tell.

marshall55
20-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Sorry guys i could not help myself.

SwalePie
20-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Sorry guys i could not help myself.

?

jackal2
20-01-2018, 07:08 PM

We've already had a treat for the last 12 months. Today's "treat" was much less thrilling. All I need for (any) Christmas is to know we won't play one up front at home! :D

marshall55
20-01-2018, 07:29 PM
?

It was me who posted to him, Silly of him to think Exeter would be that easy.

SmiffyPie
20-01-2018, 07:44 PM
It was me who posted to him, Silly of him to think Exeter would be that easy.Well I would be twitting straight back at him about now asking him who should be piping down now!!

JoePass
20-01-2018, 07:52 PM
Well I would be twitting straight back at him about now asking him who should be piping down now!!

Jesus wept, give the man some slack, what the hell do you want....

SmiffyPie
20-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Jesus wept, give the man some slack, what the hell do you want....Him not to be telling someone to pipe down when they are making an honest observation?

Elite_Pie
20-01-2018, 08:10 PM
Jesus wept, give the man some slack, what the hell do you want....

I just want Hardy to do what he's good at, which is taking the club forwards. I also wish he would stay away from these complete bullsh!t "you are in for such a treat" tweets based solely on a f*cking indoor training session that apparently left him unable to sleep at night!!!

JoePass
20-01-2018, 08:35 PM
I just want Hardy to do what he's good at, which is taking the club forwards. I also wish he would stay away from these complete bullsh!t "you are in for such a treat" tweets based solely on a f*cking indoor training session that apparently left him unable to sleep at night!!!

Yes of course, we are all perfect in everything we do. For me he can do what the hell he feels like, the Notts are back. Optimism and excitement are of course negative emotions.

SmiffyPie
20-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Yes of course, we are all perfect in everything we do. For me he can do what the hell he feels like, the Notts are back. Optimism and excitement are of course negative emotions.You don't get it do you? Whenever someone tells YOU to pipe down (or the equivalent) and they are proved wrong YOU are quick to come back with a response. AH tells someone to pipe down and it's OK? Just as bad as the "Moron" comment that set the world on fire a few years ago.
Now pipe down!

JoePass
20-01-2018, 08:45 PM
You don't get it do you? Whenever someone tells YOU to pipe down (or the equivalent) and they are proved wrong YOU are quick to come back with a response. AH tells someone to pipe down and it's OK? Just as bad as the "Moron" comment that set the world on fire a few years ago.
Now pipe down!

Oh after 50 years of supporting Notts I get it...as far as I am concerned he can say what the hell he wants.

Oldstripy
20-01-2018, 08:50 PM
He does not compare to Dunnett in any way shape or form. Dunnett had much more class and was not a frustrated wannabe footballer or manager. I can feel KN cringing every time he is interviewed with AH, he looks uncomfortable. Dunnett didn't need to talk bull ****e in the media to try to make himself look good, he got on with the job and was good at it.

Dunnett didn't show much class when he refused to sign Glen Roeder even after the fans dug deep into their pockets to but him.

SmiffyPie
20-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Only 50 years? Sprog.

JoePass
20-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Only 50 years? Sprog.

I know, still learning.

Old_pie
20-01-2018, 08:57 PM
I know, still learning.

What? We are Notts County and we haven't moved on?

i961pie
21-01-2018, 12:25 AM
Oh after 50 years of supporting Notts I get it...as far as I am concerned he can say what the hell he wants.

You have said that about the last few poor managers we have had, if Fullarton came back you would wax lyrical.
You haven't got a real opinion in you.

pedrolane
21-01-2018, 11:18 AM
He signed Chiedozie for £650,000 37 years ago. Don't see that input these days?

magpie_mania
21-01-2018, 09:54 PM
He signed Chiedozie for £650,000 37 years ago. Don't see that input these days?

And what league were we in at the time?

Just what is it with you? First it was RT, now AH.

Fake pedro!

Old_pie
21-01-2018, 10:17 PM

Fake pedro!

There's a rather "coming down to earth" interview with Dunnett on YouTube in his final NCFC days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJfHjI3PuNU

Interesting that we went into the top flight in profit. Cr@p set of circumstances coming together at the wrong time killed us.

pedrolane
22-01-2018, 11:54 AM
I'm not knocking AH, just stating facts. IMO Dunnett wasn't the egotistical self promotion type.

Bohinen
22-01-2018, 12:00 PM

Fake pedro!

We were in Division 2 going up to Division 1. We only got promoted in the first place because Dunnett spent money on Avramovic, Christie and McCulloch. Jack Dunnett was clearly an excellent chairman. Alan Hardy has made a good start, but he has an awful lot to do in terms of delivery and not just talk to compare with either Dunnett or Pavis.

marshall55
22-01-2018, 12:08 PM
dont tell him that, christ you can not imagine how many arse lickers he has that felt i abused him?

Bohinen
22-01-2018, 12:13 PM
dont tell him that, christ you can not imagine how many arse lickers he has that felt i abused him?

Yeah, but that's on his Twitter. It should be safe on here. (At which point kelsdyke wades in and tells us we're 2nd for the 100th time). The point is though, I do like him in many ways, but he needs to deliver then boast, not the other way round.

marshall55
22-01-2018, 12:18 PM
Alan Hardy‏Verified account
@Bigalanh5
Following Following @Bigalanh5
More
Alan Hardy Retweeted LozzleClough
Disappointed with the extent of abuse yesterday and we’re still 2nd in the league. Will be far more measured in future

marshall55
22-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Yeah, but that's on his Twitter. It should be safe on here. (At which point kelsdyke wades in and tells us we're 2nd for the 100th time). The point is though, I do like him in many ways, but he needs to deliver then boast, not the other way round.

He does not own twitter, i gave a valid opinion which turned out to be correct, christ the abuse i got, would i do it again, oh yeah.

Old_pie
22-01-2018, 01:19 PM
@Bigalanh5
More
Disappointed with the extent of abuse yesterday and we’re still 2nd in the league. Will be far more measured in future

How many times in the last year has he said he's going to curb his postings? He likes his stats, how about the current form table - last 6 games 14th and dropping.

If you look at the Central News item with him and KN on Friday right at the end it is quite clear that KN is neither a fan of twitter nor of AH twittering. Made it out to be a joke but I think KN was actually serious. If you missed it and there's enough interest I could upload just that section.

I can imagine that tweets such as the "training" thing would not go down well with KN or his players. Also these fights that AH get involved in cannot be good for his focus and certainly not good for the supporters who want to see substance not hear flannel. Did that chap who had the fight over the season ticket and pisspot trophy get his refund or is he attending again? And the girl who's just started supporting Notts after coming to the UK whom AH has now blocked - he'll need to be selling all tickets at £2 if that's the way things are going to be. Though seems there are enough who bow down to his every step much as they did with RT in the early days. Short memories indeed!

SwalePie
22-01-2018, 01:37 PM
As Keldsyke isn't here: We're still second. ;)

Like him or dislike him AH is our chairman and the club's financial benefactor and guardian right now. Why don't we just support instead of looking for cracks in the armour of our own general to exploit? Seems bonkers to me for our own fans to do. All the arguments that we need to recruit a striker, centre backs etc are absolutely valid. Knocking the chairman for reviving our club (currently - nobody can see the future!) is quite odd. It's the club and self promotion that is partially to thank for the renewed interest in Notts, particularly in terms of improved attendances, after all!

magpie_mania
22-01-2018, 02:06 PM
We were in Division 2 going up to Division 1. We only got promoted in the first place because Dunnett spent money on Avramovic, Christie and McCulloch. Jack Dunnett was clearly an excellent chairman. Alan Hardy has made a good start, but he has an awful lot to do in terms of delivery and not just talk to compare with either Dunnett or Pavis.

Agree totally, but the comparison can only fairly be made after AH has had a number of seasons. We'd secured promotion to Div 1 when we splashed out on Chiedozie - we're still in the old Div 4 at the moment!

It took Dunnett's team around 3 years to get promoted from Div. 4 ........

keldsyke
22-01-2018, 02:28 PM
As Keldsyke isn't here: We're still second. ;)

I’m here, we are still second

pedrolane
22-01-2018, 02:29 PM
What is £650,000 in today's money. The reason people pick holes is we had owners that were full of crap, just hope this turns out to be different and the bubble doesn't burst. As money talks and bull **** walks.

magpie_mania
22-01-2018, 02:51 PM
What is £650,000 in today's money. The reason people pick holes is we had owners that were full of crap, just hope this turns out to be different and the bubble doesn't burst. As money talks and bull **** walks.

About £1,750,000.

Football finances totally different now though, simply can't be compared.

How much would Chiedozie cost if signed by a Prem League team today?

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
22-01-2018, 02:56 PM
@Bigalanh5
More

Alan Hardy is the poster boy for Narcissistic behaviour.

JoePass
22-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Alan Hardy is the poster boy for Narcissistic behaviour.

Lets have a go at him, makes a change.:s

upthemaggies
22-01-2018, 04:01 PM
All Notts chairman from now on, unless we end up with somebody who's relatively old, will probably use social media to communicate with the fans. John Armstrong Holmes will probably turn out to be the last who didn't.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
22-01-2018, 04:20 PM
Lets have a go at him, makes a change.:s

I wish he'd just shut the f#%k up.

Twitter..joint interviews with KN..Soccer AM etc etc. Everything seems to be about AH and his ego..when things are going well it's all good..but we'll see how he reacts when they're not..because it will all unfold on social media
#embarrassing

pedrolane
22-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Exactly right. It's KN's work that has put us where we are but if we wobble AH will start to sulk as he's set himself up for a rather large fall. And the special announcement is..? I for one am still waiting....

Old_pie
22-01-2018, 04:56 PM
Somebody's having a bit of twitter fun - just treat it for what it is:

https://twitter.com/Bigalanha5

SwalePie
22-01-2018, 05:48 PM

Quite amusing Mr. Sheridan ;)

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
22-01-2018, 06:35 PM
About £1,750,000.

Football finances totally different now though, simply can't be compared.

How much would Chiedozie cost if signed by a Prem League team today?

650K in 81..1.75M today

81 Paulo Rossi held the world record fee 1.75M..Neymar sold for just over 100 times that amount in 2017.. based on football inflation..Chiedozie would cost roughly 65M today.

Bohinen
22-01-2018, 07:05 PM

You can tell that's a fake account, there aren't enough emojis.

durhampie
22-01-2018, 07:14 PM

Alan Hardy added,

Replying to @Bigalanh5

He perhaps should have gone to watch Exeter train..

durhampie
22-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Exactly right. It's KN's work that has put us where we are but if we wobble AH will start to sulk as he's set himself up for a rather large fall. And the special announcement is..? I for one am still waiting....

How about this "We are not going to sign anyone because the players we signed at the beginning of the season are all capable of doing a job for us"

magpie_mania
22-01-2018, 07:24 PM

Genuine question .... are you hoping he has a 'rather large fall'?

Old_pie
22-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Genuine question .... are you hoping he has a 'rather large fall'?

I'm sure that the majority of us would prefer he simply didn't set himself up for a "rather large fall". Disappointment is going to come one shape or another and being well grounded is the best antidote.

A man who has to see a psychiatrist because he gets over excited at a match strikes me as being a bit of a loose canon and as much as it is great to have a genuine lover of the sport (though he's not that long been a Notts supporter as far as I know) it would be reassuring to know that we are being led by a level and clear headed businessman.

Elite_Pie
22-01-2018, 10:12 PM
I've got two opinions on Alan Hardy.

His actions are nothing but praiseworthy, the way he has turned this club around since taking the reins is nothing short of incredible.

His words however are frequently cringeworthy. The latest "You are all in for a treat v Exeter" based on what he had seen during a f*cking indoor training session was just laughable and left him looking a complete tw@t.

Just get on with running the club Alan and stay away from social media. If our promotion bid fails, things could get rather nasty on there.

SmiffyPie
22-01-2018, 10:16 PM
I've got two opinions on Alan Hardy.

His actions are nothing but praiseworthy, the way he has turned this club around since taking the reins is nothing short of incredible.

His words however are frequently cringeworthy. The latest "You are all in for a treat v Exeter" based on what he had seen during a f*cking indoor training session was just laughable and left him looking a complete tw@t.

Just get on with running the club Alan and stay away from social media. If our promotion bid fails, things could get rather nasty on there.100%

kill_the_drum
23-01-2018, 01:27 AM
Words fail me with some Notts fans.
What AH has done since buying the club is nothing short of a miracle.
We’re second in the league, still in the FA Cup, paying less to attend, have a promising young manager and the club has a general buzz around the place.
And all some of you can do is rip him to shreds because his enthusiasm and positivity sometimes spills over.
I admit it’s sometimes cringe but so f**king what. Don’t follow him on social media if it bothers you that much.
The guy is hellbent on making Notts a success. If his main driver for that is his ego then again, so f**king what!
Time and time again it’s been said over the years the only thing that matters is results on the pitch. Well we’ve had that and more in the last 12 months but still it’s not enough.

SwalePie
23-01-2018, 02:21 AM
We’re second in the league, still in the FA Cup, paying less to attend, have a promising young manager and the club has a general buzz around the place.
And all some of you can do is rip him to shreds because his enthusiasm and positivity sometimes spills over.
I admit it’s sometimes cringe but so f**king what. Don’t follow him on social media if it bothers you that much.
The guy is hellbent on making Notts a success. If his main driver for that is his ego then again, so f**king what!
Time and time again it’s been said over the years the only thing that matters is results on the pitch. Well we’ve had that and more in the last 12 months but still it’s not enough.

Well that's my candidate for the most sensible and hidden-agendaless post of the year so far!

keldsyke
23-01-2018, 05:49 AM
Well that's my candidate for the most sensible and hidden-agendaless post of the year so far!

Agree 100%, interesting use of the word ‘agendess’, it’s funny how some posters only become very active when we lose or when AH says something because of his ‘over enthusiasm’ but for example don’t contribute to threads about trying to get more people though the gate like his £2 offer, or recognise the positive things he’s done.

One things for sure I wouldn’t want to go back to the days of the previous regime. People forget we all aren’t perfect, we all have our faults or things we perhaps would like to change about ourselves. Just be careful, remember that old saying about biting the hand that feeds you. If I was the chairman and read this board, I would be thinking why do I bother.

magpie_mania
23-01-2018, 08:20 AM

Agree entirely. I just can't see why some 'fans' are waiting for it to go wrong so they can say 'told you so'. There is one poster on this thread who only posts when there's a wobble, and can't do anything but criticise the chairman (as happened with RT too).

marshall55
23-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Is it ok to give your own opinion? that was all i did, supporting Notts for a long period tends to keep you level headed.
Some of comments are out of a kids comic, and when it does go wrong which it may well do he is wide open to other fans thoughts and comments we could well see another Trew twitter argument.
Like most i am really impressed with what he is doing and wish the club every success.

Elite_Pie
23-01-2018, 10:42 AM

Can't agree. His actions, like the £2 Crewe offer have been brilliant. His words however, like telling us we are in for "such a treat" after he had a sleepless night following a training session are often beyond cringeworthy. You can put it down to enthusiasm if you wish, but social media can soon turn very nasty (for the record I never look at Twitter, I just read them on here). I recall than nearly everyone was kissing Ray Trew's arse early in his tenure, but the bile and venom from a small minority even extended to his family members when results took a turn for the worse. It would be a shame if that happens to Hardy, because the signs are that he is an excellent owner.

upthemaggies
23-01-2018, 10:59 AM
I read it as simply him trying to encourage people to turn up who otherwise might have been considering giving the Exeter game a miss, seeing that we have Swansea and then the Crewe offer to immediately follow in the next two weekends. Then he's become exasperated that somebody has thrown cold water over it.

Bohinen
23-01-2018, 11:02 AM
I recall than nearly everyone was kissing Ray Trew's arse early in his tenure, but the bile and venom from a small minority even extended to his family members when results took a turn for the worse. It would be a shame if that happens to Hardy, because the signs are that he is an excellent owner.

So the best position for fans to take is somewhere in the zone between kissing his arse and spewing bile, which, in fairness, you have achieved. I like what Hardy has done too, but that doesn't mean people can never criticise. We were secure in second place but it's very complacent to imagine we'll stay there without improving the squad, given our current form. I think people just want to see that happen instead of being told we're in for a treat.

crazyfists
23-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Posting on social media and owning a football club to me go together like oil and water. I'm not up with Twitter and all that but I'm not sure I've seen too many other owners all over social media like AH. He's done great so far and that can't be disputed, if it does all go wrong then as Elite said it can get very nasty. Nothing makes an owner lose interest more than being regularly insulted for spending your own money as well.

All in all though he's doing good so tweet away just don't tweet dumb stuff like the other night. What made me mad was thinking an indoor five a side could bear any relation to am outdoor game in January against promotion rivals. I'm still waiting for said treat ha ha.

Old_pie
23-01-2018, 11:59 AM
All in all though he's doing good so tweet away just don't tweet dumb stuff like the other night. What made me mad was thinking an indoor five a side could bear any relation to am outdoor game in January against promotion rivals. I'm still waiting for said treat ha ha.

He could have gained some kudos by showing a modicum of humility and apologising for his over exuberance instead of coming on again and moaning at the criticism he'd received. But I don't think "sorry" is in his vocabulary as he sees himself as always being right.

Bohinen
23-01-2018, 02:27 PM
He could have gained some kudos by showing a modicum of humility and apologising for his over exuberance instead of coming on again and moaning at the criticism he'd received. But I don't think "sorry" is in his vocabulary as he sees himself as always being right.

Maybe he would do that if people weren't right up his arse afterwards, telling him people are never happy and to ignore the so-called abuse. Of course they're not happy with losing, no-one should be but I haven't seen anything a normal person would call abuse on his Twitter account. I get that he's selling his product (football matches) and it's great that new fans are coming along but customers don't always leave positive reviews when the treat they have been promised turns sour.

tarquinbeech
23-01-2018, 03:21 PM
Twitter reminds me of the Hotels.com, Bookings.com or Tripadvisor websites where you get a chance to read the latest reviews before booking your holiday......out of 10 reviews, you normally get 4 or 5 quite happy with their stay, often with helpful comments, 3 or 4 not so pleased but usually calm and measured again with reasons for a slight moan...but there are always a couple of bizarre comments that leave you confused because they are so removed from the others and I often wonder about the mindset of the person typing.....some often make me smile.

I was looking to book along the Caribbean Coast a few weeks ago and came across a few bizarre classics.....one guy was having a right moan because someone had removed his shoes from outside his hotel door and put them on the patio. He swore blind never to return, claiming his feet did not smell and that he felt humiliated at breakfast because he thought people were staring at him!

Another was a woman who felt she was being ***ually harassed by the night porter who had advised her which bars not to visit and only to travel by taxi, not walk alone. She became so paranoid that she locked herself in her room and would not leave the hotel if he was on reception.

It just goes to show you cannot please everyone all the time...and if you use Social Media you leave yourself open to criticism as well as praise....thick skin required.

I am booking that hotel.... whilst polishing up my Anthony Perkins impression and digging out the stinkiest pair of trainers I can find!!

piegonk74
23-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Is it ok to give your own opinion? that was all i did, supporting Notts for a long period tends to keep you level headed.
Some of comments are out of a kids comic, and when it does go wrong which it may well do he is wide open to other fans thoughts and comments we could well see another Trew twitter argument.
Like most i am really impressed with what he is doing and wish the club every success.

Hi Marshall 55, you said nowt wrong pal. aH was out of order .me like the rest of us in the main are truly happy with the turnaround of notts.sometimes he lets himself down badly on Twitter, but his heart is 100% ncfc so I’m gonna forgive his childish responses from time to time and carry on enjoying this season.
I’m sure you have heard worse from better as the saying goes pal......

kill_the_drum
23-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Maybe he would do that if people weren't right up his arse afterwards, telling him people are never happy and to ignore the so-called abuse. Of course they're not happy with losing, no-one should be but I haven't seen anything a normal person would call abuse on his Twitter account. I get that he's selling his product (football matches) and it's great that new fans are coming along but customers don't always leave positive reviews when the treat they have been promised turns sour.

But this is the problem. Did you honestly think because the chairman said we’re in for a treat we were guaranteed to win? Or do you just hang on his every word to beat him over the head when something doesn’t go exactly to plan.

BigFatPie
23-01-2018, 07:08 PM
All this is waffle. The chairman can put what he likes on his twitter feed, who gives 2 f00ks? What does it matter if he was bigging up the Exeter game, that’s his job.

My word, people don’t half worry about some utter bollox.

sidders
23-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Try telling your kids 'we're having a great day out at the seaside tomorrow' and then the car breaks down and you never get there. Expect the kids to say ' That's okay, dad, you told us what a great day it was gonna be and that's all that matters'.

Bohinen
23-01-2018, 07:37 PM
But this is the problem. Did you honestly think because the chairman said we’re in for a treat we were guaranteed to win? Or do you just hang on his every word to beat him over the head when something doesn’t go exactly to plan.

No, I didn't hang on his every word. Did I ever suggest I believed that we were in for a treat because he's watched some fecking five a side game? I wasn't talking about my reaction or my disappointment, just how others reacted (as they clearly did on Twitter). I would have thought even you could understand that.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
28-01-2019, 07:01 AM
All this is waffle. The chairman can put what he likes on his twitter feed, who gives 2 f00ks? What does it matter if he was bigging up the Exeter game, that’s his job.

My word, people don’t half worry about some utter bollox.

��������������