PDA

View Full Version : Ibrox on Wednesday

Pages : [1] 2

RED_JOHN
20-01-2018, 08:10 PM
What changes do we make to the team to go against them on Wednesday evening?
O’Conner and Reynolds should make way for Arnason and McKenna. I would prefer Shinnie at left back instead of Considine but realise that McInnes wouldn’t dare the thought as he rates Considine.

Pacman1903
20-01-2018, 08:15 PM
In/Oot - Oot

Furryboots-Mid air in Cuca fueled coma(same as last ibrox game actually)

Pre - Luanda airport bar

Post- Aforementioned Cuca coma

Prediction- defeat

mondo_notion
20-01-2018, 08:29 PM
What changes do we make to the team to go against them on Wednesday evening?
O’Conner and Reynolds should make way for Arnason and McKenna. I would prefer Shinnie at left back instead of Considine but realise that McInnes wouldn’t dare the thought as he rates Considine.

In my opinion our whole game should be set up around 2 players - Niall McGinn and Adam Rooney.

Niall showed today that he is back to what he does best, getting down the field, turning players and getting quality balls in to the box. Get enough quality balls in and Rooney will convert.

In/oot - In
Hairyboots - middle section
Pre - hotel nearby
Post - back for a night cap
Prediction - 0-2

Spielführer_1903
21-01-2018, 12:38 AM
I would play our usual formation. Imagine implementing the shape that has been working against the majority of teams over the past 4.5 years? No switching it up just because it is them. In an ideal world there would be no Considine and O'Connor in my team -

Lewis

Logan Arnason McKenna Harvie

Shinnie McLean

McGinn Christie GMS

Rooney

1-2 The Famous Aberdeen.

RedStarTorphins
21-01-2018, 09:15 AM
I think we’ll go with;

Lewis
Logan Arnason McKenna Considine
O’Connor Shinnie
Christie McLean GMS
Rooney

Subs: Rogers, Ball, Reynolds, Mkwali (sp), Stewart, May, Wright

I think DM will think we’re playing the scum from their cheating EBT years & be cautious instead of attacking a bang average team.

We’ll get out fought & lose.

Similar to last game.

I’ll say 2-0 the scum.

Aldo1983
21-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Another 3-0 unless we press them and take them on. They are as fragile as we are.

They won't be happy with a draw, that's the difference.

cougared
21-01-2018, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't play Considine.

Harvie? Haven't seen enough of him to havean opinion.

Shinne? Left back? Yes.

donsdaft
21-01-2018, 11:03 AM
0-4

Famous Dons victory.

I'm almost tempted to go.

Spielführer_1903
21-01-2018, 02:56 PM
0-4

Famous Dons victory.

I'm almost tempted to go.

What is our biggest margin of victory doon there? Fan was it? Fa scored?

Jupiter
21-01-2018, 02:58 PM
This is so easy to predict

The tombola will be out again and we will bottle it.

2 or 3 nil to sevco.

mondo_notion
21-01-2018, 03:05 PM
This is so easy to predict

The tombola will be out again and we will bottle it.

2 or 3 nil to sevco.

I'm hoping the tombola didn't make it in to 2018. I think we will see a pretty solid starting eleven.

mondo_notion
21-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Is this sold out now? The site doesn't seem to be letting you on to buy tickets today.

InversneckieDob
21-01-2018, 03:36 PM
What is our biggest margin of victory doon there? Fan was it? Fa scored?
I remember a couple of 3-0s in the relatively recent past (i.e my lifetime) but nae 4s doon there.
Did we nae give them a 6-1 back in the 40s or 50s?

Aldo1983
21-01-2018, 03:38 PM
If McLean is sold I hope he plays the new boy instead of O'Connor.

RedStarTorphins
21-01-2018, 04:00 PM
If McLean is sold I hope he plays the new boy instead of O'Connor.

Will he even have his work permit?
I’m sure the SFA will not rush it through or chase it up, Jim Farry style when they deliberately withheld Jorge Cadete’s for Celtic before they played Rangers (RIP).

Aldo1983
21-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Will he even have his work permit?
I’m sure the SFA will not rush it through or chase it up, Jim Farry style when they deliberately withheld Jorge Cadete’s for Celtic before they played Rangers (RIP).

Is Jorge Cadete deed!?

neilthedon
21-01-2018, 04:05 PM
I remember a couple of 3-0s in the relatively recent past (i.e my lifetime) but nae 4s doon there.

Mid Seventies. Midweek League Cup game . Jocky Scott hat trick I think. We went on to beat Celtic ( with Kenny Dalglish et all ) in the final. We had a good team too. Davey Robb, Arthur Graham , Joe Harper , Drew Jarvie n`all .

RedStarTorphins
21-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Is Jorge Cadete deed!?

Hopefully not.

But Rangers are :-)

hulldon
21-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Nah - that was only 5-1 in the semi..... at hampden too, so not officially a home match for the deid club

NaeMairNeeps
21-01-2018, 04:43 PM
Mid Seventies. Midweek League Cup game . Jocky Scott hat trick I think. We went on to beat Celtic ( with Kenny Dalglish et all ) in the final. We had a good team too. Davey Robb, Arthur Graham , Joe Harper , Drew Jarvie n`all .

It wis 5-1 .... nae at Ibrox tho .... it wis the LC semi at Hampden. Ally McLeod's transformed Dandies ripped the Huns the proverbial new ane.

Scott 3, King Joey, Jarvie.

InversneckieDob
21-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Hampden, 76.
I'm gan back to knitted goalie's jumpers and massive baggy shorts.
I'll check it out later

Aldo1983
21-01-2018, 05:28 PM
It's a shame there are folk that would be happy with a draw. There isn't a hun I know that would be happy with that.

krakowdon
21-01-2018, 05:38 PM
SC semi final 1954. 6-0. We even got a penalty.

AFC Heritage adds that we had already met Hibs and Hearts in the tournament whereas the Hun had not faced top level opposition. Some things never change.

krakowdon
21-01-2018, 05:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIoVp6F1iVk

Don't say I'm not good to you.

InversneckieDob
21-01-2018, 05:43 PM
10th April 1954, did them 6-0 in cup semi but, again, at Hampden

InversneckieDob
21-01-2018, 05:44 PM
SC semi final 1954. 6-0. We even got a penalty.

AFC Heritage adds that we had already met Hibs and Hearts in the tournament whereas the Hun had not faced top level opposition. Some things never change.
Beat me to it ya radge!

dons8321
21-01-2018, 06:37 PM
It's a shame there are folk that would be happy with a draw. There isn't a hun I know that would be happy with that.

Who? Go on name names.

dons8321
21-01-2018, 06:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axcdOAigTo8

RED_JOHN
21-01-2018, 07:03 PM
Who? Go on name names.

Any of the sites happy clappers. :p

GlezgaRed
21-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Time for McInnes to man up and put out a team with the belief that they can go out and win instead of hoping for the best !!!

Arnason and McKenna back into the defence, O'Connor and Reynolds should drop out completely.....none of this O'Connor in front of the defence nonsense as he has proven all season that he can't play that position against the better teams in the league.

neilthedon
21-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Any of the sites happy clappers. :p

*******s. I'm a happy clapper. Never , ever wanted a draw anywhere . Especially against he filthy hun.Ever !!

RED_JOHN
21-01-2018, 08:19 PM
*******s. I'm a happy clapper. Never , ever wanted a draw anywhere . Especially against he filthy hun.Ever !!

You would accept the draw at Ibrox if you were a happy clapper. :p

NaeMairNeeps
22-01-2018, 12:07 AM

47 seconds in .... commentator say's "Waddel gets things moving for THE Rangers" .... Hmmm .... Hard evidence it's the same club then?? :D :D

Br0chred
22-01-2018, 12:39 AM

I suppose I would accept that scoreline on Wednesday

ByeByeScum2012
22-01-2018, 12:57 AM
For me it’s quite simple. We play our normal 4-2-3-1 with Shinnie and MacLean the 2. I’d like Shinnie at LB but it ain’t gonna happen as DM lives Considine. As long as they are the 2 it means we’re trying to win the game. Any other selection in my opinion means DM has sh1t it again and will fully deserve the backlash after a 2/3-0 defeat.

RedStarTorphins
23-01-2018, 10:47 AM
And in a completely unsurprising turn of events, the SFA & authorities are dragging their heels with Mkwali’s work permit.
Who we playing next?
There’s a surprise

57vintage
23-01-2018, 11:17 AM
For some reason my posts yesterday about the 3-0 games have been put in the Porsche driver boy's shredder.

March 78 3-0 at their midden (Archibald 2 and Harper) which REALLY put the wind up the ****ers as we snapped at their manky heels.

Last game of 88-89, with them due to unfurl their tarnished League flag at the end, we pished on their chips by winning 3-0.

Don_Corleone
23-01-2018, 12:36 PM
It's pretty simple, as others have said: play the team and formation we would play if we were up against Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell etc and treat Rangers the same as we treat them and we'll win or draw at worst. Play the way we play against Celtic and we'll lose. McInnes has to realise at some point that Rangers are equal to Hearts, Hibs etc, and not Celtic. We have a better team and if we play like we can we should win.

Lewis
McLean Shinnie
McGinn Christie GMS
Rooney

That's how I would go, providing McGinn is fit enough - if not I'd stick Stewart in and bring McGinn on early in second half. Huge game for us - win and we're pulling away from them, lose and we're right back in a scrap.

57vintage
23-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Last game of 88-89, with them due to unfurl their tarnished League flag at the end, we pished on their chips by winning 3-0. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE7UZpXnFK8

And the riot of 85, of course, with Burns and paterson sent off for the hun*******s. :D

sheepcrooky
23-01-2018, 02:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE7UZpXnFK8

And the riot of 85, of course, with Burns and paterson sent off for the hun*******s. :D

Quite possibly the best away game in Scotland I have ever been too. It had everything. In those days, we were housed in the upper tier of one of the Ibrox stands. The minkers below were throwing coins up at us. I collected over £3.

After the game, we all got let out together with no segregation, utter carnage. I saw a knuckle dragger go into a hardware shop and buy a hammer, not sure if he had DIY in mind.

Heid doon, and if anyone asked you the time or for a light you ignored them as they only wanted to hear your accent.

Happy days.

donsdaft
23-01-2018, 03:58 PM
I mind coming doon the stairs that day, place was f'uckin bouncing.

Fergie definitely told the lads to try and not score during the second half
By the time the third one went in the place had settled down a bit.
Otherwise it was a definite abandonment and replay.

afc_1983
23-01-2018, 04:58 PM
It's pretty simple, as others have said: play the team and formation we would play if we were up against Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell etc and treat Rangers the same as we treat them and we'll win or draw at worst. Play the way we play against Celtic and we'll lose. McInnes has to realise at some point that Rangers are equal to Hearts, Hibs etc, and not Celtic. We have a better team and if we play like we can we should win.

Lewis
McLean Shinnie
McGinn Christie GMS
Rooney

That's how I would go, providing McGinn is fit enough - if not I'd stick Stewart in and bring McGinn on early in second half. Huge game for us - win and we're pulling away from them, lose and we're right back in a scrap.

That's how I would go too.

Aldo1983
23-01-2018, 05:00 PM
If we start McGinn it'll give them something to think about. Bringing him on as a sub never works.

Mr_Grieves
23-01-2018, 05:25 PM
If we start McGinn it'll give them something to think about. Bringing him on as a sub never works.

It worked on Saturday, but I agree he should start. Surely to fvck DM won't try 5 at the back again.

RedStarTorphins
23-01-2018, 05:40 PM
It worked on Saturday, but I agree he should start. Surely to fvck DM won't try 5 at the back again.

It’s a big game.
Therefore apply logic....
And the opposite is likely to happen.
Tombola time....
2-0 the monkey f*ckpigs.

Aldo1983
23-01-2018, 06:08 PM

We were winning though.

Aldo1983
23-01-2018, 06:09 PM
It’s a big game.
Tombola time....
2-0 the monkey f*ckpigs.

You have to combat their pace but that doesn't mean sticking on an extra defensive player and being more cautious. Get it up them. They won't like that.

Jupiter
23-01-2018, 06:14 PM
It’s a big game.
Tombola time....
2-0 the monkey f*ckpigs.

That's definitely going to happen, we pee our pants again.

RedStarTorphins
23-01-2018, 06:26 PM
You have to combat their pace but that doesn't mean sticking on an extra defensive player and being more cautious. Get it up them. They won't like that.

Press them high & aggressively, you have a chance.
Sit in & stand off & it’ll be more of same as last time.

ohno
23-01-2018, 11:20 PM
They are pish defense and middle. Not had a real game for a few weeks. New signings need time to bed in.Not got match time COYR

GASC1980
23-01-2018, 11:31 PM
Ryan rat out for the rest of the season I'm hearing. What a real shame. No it is. Seriously. Honestly. Gutted for the boy. As I try to suppress my laughter.

COYR Let's get stuck right in for once and right from the kick off.

Mr_Grieves
24-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Ryan rat out for the rest of the season I'm hearing. What a real shame. No it is. Seriously. Honestly. Gutted for the boy. As I try to suppress my laughter.

COYR Let's get stuck right in for once and right from the kick off.

That really is distressing news, we should have a minutes applause for him.

Jack and Hayes both out for the season ;)

Pacman1903
24-01-2018, 05:09 AM
Jack and Hayes both out for the season ;)

Hillarious on both fronts

GIRFU both of the c@nts

InversneckieDob
24-01-2018, 06:35 AM
Do Germans have a word for schadenfreude?

NewOrleansRed
24-01-2018, 06:37 AM
In/Oot - oot
Furryboots - at home in Naaaawlins.
Pre - the couch swearing about Considine
Post - school run, swearing about Considine
Prediction - defeat to make it 3 scum victories for the season

I’d love to say Niall coming back turns it all around but in the big games this team has shown as much backbone as a bowl of jelly. Heart says a 2-1 win but head knows fine we’ll lose the first goal, chase the game and ship another couple.

3-0 to the scum.

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Do Germans have a word for schadenfreude?

Think the result & performance will be similar to last trip to the b@stard Garden.
Do the French have an expression for deja vu?

DonUnder
24-01-2018, 11:17 AM
Think the result & performance will be similar to last trip to the b@stard Garden.
Do the French have an expression for deja vu?

I think it will be a 2:1 defeat after being 2:0 down. Too late effort after early capitulation - do the Italians have a word for fiasco?

Actually I would have said do they have a word for pant p1shing but that might be a bit Eskimo and snow?

Rochead
24-01-2018, 11:27 AM
There is an expression in Esperanto covering all the those words, ‘awe fur ****s sake’ hope this answers your queries.

DonUnder
24-01-2018, 11:33 AM
There is an expression in Esperanto covering all the those words, ‘awe fur ****s sake’ hope this answers your queries.

I had a watch with the day and date in Esperanto! Really was supposed to be the next big thing when I got it for Christmas in eigh**** oatcake but lasted about a week and I spent that week thinking it was 7:30 on the caterpillar of wardrobe.

mondo_notion
24-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Down in Glasgow today to see a man about a dog and staying overnight to catch the game. Seems they are setting up downstairs in the hotel for a hun convention for the game. The stadium is literally a 3 minute walk away would they not be as well just hobbling along to watch it in person? Strange lot. mon i dons.

GASC1980
24-01-2018, 04:33 PM
What hotel you in? Swallow hotel on Paisley Road West?

mondo_notion
24-01-2018, 04:50 PM
What hotel you in? Swallow hotel on Paisley Road West?

Go urban glasgow it is. I noticed when google street viewing it it said swallow hotels on the gates. Must of changed owners not so long ago.

LED
24-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Sevcos first game of 2018. Lets catch them cold and get tore right into them. Hopefully DM hasn't had to long to think about this match since the st midden game. So no brainfart team selections please.

sheepcrooky
24-01-2018, 05:19 PM
In/Oot. Oot
Furryboots watching Red TV in a Dubai Hotel
Prediction McInnes to actually realise that sitting back does nothing, same line up as Saturday (apart from McKenna)
1-0 to the famous AFC. Rooney

Pauldolski10
24-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Oot
Hopefully get a link, we will win 3-1. Huns are shiite, we are better, Mcinnes will set us up correctly and we will takebthe points home COYR

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Go urban glasgow it is. I noticed when google street viewing it it said swallow hotels on the gates. Must of changed owners not so long ago.

Found any dead prostitutes or Romanian mafia deals gone wrong yet? Breakfast buffet any good?

mondo_notion
24-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Found any dead prostitutes

Chance would be a fine thing.

donsdaft
24-01-2018, 05:42 PM
Is that why it's called a swallow hotel?

neilthedon
24-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Chance would be a fine thing.

Ach , your nae still intae thae deid prozzies are ye ??

I thoct you`d hiv learnt yir lesson after the Polis came roond,.....when some rotten cnut split on you ?

( Boom boom )

nice1simmy
24-01-2018, 05:54 PM
Who's the BITB tonight?

sheepcrooky
24-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Who's the BITB tonight?

Think it is über Hun and ex-sevco season ticket holder, none other than Bobby Madden.

Mr_Grieves
24-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Who's the BITB tonight?

Baldy hun Madden - he's got Shinnie's name in his book already.

DM will finally earn his wage rise tonight and play 4-2-3-1 and get tore into these cvnts.

0-1 Rooney.

nice1simmy
24-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Baldy hun Madden - he's got Shinnie's name in his book already.

DM will finally earn his wage rise tonight and play 4-2-3-1 and get tore into these cvnts.

0-1 Rooney.

FFS Shinnie booked and considine sent aff all in tbe 1st half hour then

mondo_notion
24-01-2018, 06:18 PM
Ach , your nae still intae thae deid prozzies are ye ??

I thoct you`d hiv learnt yir lesson after the Polis came roond,.....when some rotten cnut split on you ?

( Boom boom )

When in Rome 'n all that.

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 06:35 PM
When in Rome 'n all that.

You've made a **** of it Mondo. The games in Glasgow. Och what you like!?

macattack
24-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Team News in People 1 Change from Saturday Mckenna in for Reynolds Arnason on Bench & No May Injured?
Lewis
Logan Mckenna O'Connor, Considine
Shinne MacLean
Stewart Christie GMS
Rooney

Subs Rogers,Reynolds,Maynard,Arnason,Wright McGinn & Ball

COYR!

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Team News in People 1 Change from Saturday Mckenna in for Reynolds Arnason on Bench & No May Injured?
Lewis
Shinne MacLean
Stewart Christie GMS
Rooney

COYR!

The free scoring Maynard can come on later...
Oh... wait..

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 06:40 PM
I guess we can't expect anything other than Considine and O'Connor given the circumstances. I just wish they'd have the decency to make up for their lack of pace with the ability to concentrate. Just need to outscore them.

Jupiter
24-01-2018, 07:04 PM
Lewis
Shinne MacLean
Stewart Christie GMS
Rooney

COYR!

He must have lost his tombola

mondo_notion
24-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Can confirm that Kenny McLean still has no beard. Got a bad feeling about this one.

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 07:14 PM
Can confirm that Kenny McLean still has no beard. Got a bad feeling about this one.

What about GMS?

mondo_notion
24-01-2018, 07:19 PM
What about GMS?

Yes he also has a bad feeling about this one.

Just joking he's going to wrip them a new one.

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Yes he also has a bad feeling about this one.

Just joking he's going to wrip them a new one.

He'd get badly injured trying to grow one. Some laddies just aren't cut out for it.

sheepcrooky
24-01-2018, 07:41 PM
**** sake. Red TV International Nae working for me oot in Dubai on business. Pi$$ off.

houston_red1967
24-01-2018, 07:41 PM
This YouTube link should work - for anyone wanting to watch it.

https://youtu.be/yjUA0-WrUDo

houston_red1967
24-01-2018, 07:51 PM
It did work - but only for about minute. :blue:

Stupie82
24-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Is it even on the radio? no streams working tonight

Stupie82
24-01-2018, 07:59 PM
Playing ****e so far

http://www.vipleague.is/football/543554/4/rangers-vs-aberdeen-live-stream-online.html

macattack
24-01-2018, 08:00 PM
Working link (so far), nae audio & needs flash
http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2JyY3ZsK2FuY3VkcWdZ&c=en&i=eWl6aXFnc2hxZQ%EF%BF%BDf%EF%BF%BDf&hc_location=ufi>>

Huns hit post

Aye Saw that great on the back foot already >:(

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Considine being proven to our weakest link yet again

Stupie82
24-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Morelos with an open header. Logan nowhere near him, but thankfully missed.

theram1975
24-01-2018, 08:07 PM
Games on the telly if you have a motorised dish. O:)

Stupie82
24-01-2018, 08:10 PM
My god we look bad!!

andoplzcumbak
24-01-2018, 08:15 PM
GMS misses a decent chance there, coming in to a KMcL pass from the left.

andoplzcumbak
24-01-2018, 08:18 PM
It was coming! 1 nil them!

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Do we have a left back because he appears to do f uck all

Stupie82
24-01-2018, 08:19 PM
Defence is all over the ***cing place. 1-0 huns.

Jupiter
What a surprise, losing another big game.

macattack
Great and my Stream packed in !

Mr_Grieves
24-01-2018, 08:20 PM
What the fvck was Logan doing for their goal ?

Mason89
24-01-2018, 08:22 PM
Huns 1 up & Mark E Smith has died.

What a f*cking sh1tey Wednesday

NaeMairNeeps
24-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Hun TV on You Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTiNX-6oC4Y&feature=player_embedded

1 - 0 doon is actually less painful than the f()ckin commentary .... makkin ma hate huns even mair than Ah thought possible :( ... grrrr!

Pacman1903
Not unexpected.

NewOrleansRed
What the fvck was Logan doing for their goal ?

As usual we’re all over the shop at Ibrox. It’s mental strength we lack. Our game turns to shiite when they press.

Mason89
24-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Cant even decide who takes a free-kick now. That stuff should be second nature. Basic stuff.
What do we do in training?

/cliche

Also who’s marking who at set pieces. Don’t worry though, that’s the type of thing you can only fix with state of the art facilities

NewOrleansRed
24-01-2018, 08:27 PM
We are playing utter ****ing shiite. We look toothless and completely lacking in invention. Resorting to hopeful 60 yards passes on a wet pitch WON’T ****ING WORK.

Pacman1903
24-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Also who’s marking who at set pieces. Don’t worry though, that’s the type of thing you can only fix with state of the art facilities

As the sh@teing it in big games will be fixed by the awesome new facilities

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Seems we are long ball experts now except we are not very good at it. Poor stuff so far.

andoplzcumbak
24-01-2018, 08:31 PM
When consi is taking these attacking throw ins near their box, unless he's throwing it all the way, they're a waste of time, he's no got the skill to do anything when it's passed back!

And I agree, this commentary is awful to listen to!

macattack
24-01-2018, 08:33 PM
When consi is taking these attacking throw ins near their box, unless he's throwing it all the way, they're a waste of time, he's no got the skill to do anything when it's passed back!

And I agree, this commentary is awful to listen to!

Aye how i wish it was on BT or Sky for the commentary & I never thought I would be wishing that :O

irnbru1903

To be fair we aren't sh iting it we are just being outfought and outplayed. Again. All our weaknesses being highlighted.

Stupie82
Considine is really shown up for who he is in games like this. Any team with pace will literally destroy our defence and Murty has Rangers setup to do exactly that. Considine cant handle it. Not just blaming him though, ethe whole defence has looked lost.

Mason89
24-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Considines name on the team sheet will give a few of their players a boost before a balls kicked.

Clangers was the same

Mason89
24-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Logan has been abject.

Likes a wee nap at the back post

donsdaft
24-01-2018, 08:36 PM
I've played in better games than this.......in primary school.

What a load of s'hite.

Pacman1903
To be fair we aren't sh iting it we are just being outfought and outplayed. Again. All our weaknesses being highlighted.

Why is that then. Why are they not fired up. Its definatley down to fear factor

TheRealSLYFOX
Name a worse left back in the league.... Go on try...

Mr_Grieves
24-01-2018, 08:38 PM
Huns 1 up & Mark E Smith has died.

What a f*cking sh1tey Wednesday

Fox sake, sh1te news.

Kurious Oranj b*stards.

andoplzcumbak
We can still get something, we've had 2 scoreable chances with GMS and Kenny, more of the same without a defensive mistake...

Get consi aff, kari on, he'll get red carded!

afc1903mad

Yawn, you two cannae help yourselves.
Any opportunity and your straight in.

Mr_Grieves
24-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Logan has been abject.

Thats the 3rd goal Logan's been at fault for against Sevco this season.

Pacman1903
24-01-2018, 08:40 PM

By my counting this will be 5 out of 5 v glasgows gruesome twosome complete with a grand total of 0 points

I take it this is wholly acceptable is it?

Pretty sure this is a mentallity problem.

Mason89
24-01-2018, 08:42 PM

It’s the type of thing you have to work on during the week & it doesn’t matter a f*ck how good the facilities are.

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 08:44 PM
Hopefully McGinn on instead of GMS as he might actually stay on his feet. Arneson on instead of Considine with Shinnie going to right back. We might actually stand a chance of salvaging something. More of the same and defeat beckons.

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 08:44 PM
It’s the type of thing you have to work on during the week & it doesn’t matter a f*ck how good the facilities are.

I don't think it's marking, it's just a lack of concentration because they are too busy ****ting themselves.

Spielführer_1903
24-01-2018, 08:45 PM
It is 100% a mental problem.

Nobody can defend Considine any longer, I will not allow it. Weakens the whole team.

I felt Lewis should have done better with the first cross no?

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 08:46 PM
It is 100% a mental problem.

Nobody can defend Considine any longer, I will not allow it. Weakens the whole team.

I felt Lewis should have done better with the first cross no?

I defended him before, maybe I should defend for him.

Jupiter
24-01-2018, 08:47 PM
It's the manager's job to sort out mental problems. He obviously hasn't got a clue how to do it.

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 08:47 PM
Does anyone else have bother with Redtv commentary being 0.5 second in front of the picture? Infuriating.

TheRealSLYFOX
24-01-2018, 08:48 PM
If Harvie is no better than that lumbering oaf then he can GTF too. My wheelie bin is more nimble than Considine.

Pacman1903
24-01-2018, 08:49 PM
It's the manager's job to sort out mental problems. He obviously hasn't got a clue how to do it.

Its gone on long enough now its quite clear he cant remedy it.

Jupiter
24-01-2018, 08:51 PM
Its gone on long enough now its quite clear he cant remedy it.

Maybe a new manager could fix it

Mr_Grieves
24-01-2018, 08:52 PM
Great save Joe

Hairdrier
24-01-2018, 08:55 PM
Come on Aberdeen FFS.

andoplzcumbak
24-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Jesus that was nearly two!

Spielführer_1903
24-01-2018, 08:57 PM
You can hear the scum on RedTV. They really are animals aren't they?

I think it's the club as a whole has a fear of Rangers not just one person.

andoplzcumbak
24-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Should be 2! Total sitter missed by Morelos

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 09:02 PM
No desire to get back into this. Second to every ball and nothing from the bench to change things up. Poor all round.

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 09:09 PM
Usual big game bottle job.
Losing 3 times to a bang average f*ckpig mob is embarrassing.

andoplzcumbak
24-01-2018, 09:10 PM
our crossing from setplays is pretty bad!

What a save!

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Stewart would be good in a game of 5s.

Mason89
24-01-2018, 09:14 PM
I’ve no idea what we’re trying to do here

fittiered
24-01-2018, 09:15 PM
We nae gettin a grip of this game atta!! Come on stick in the boot.

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 09:15 PM
As poor as I have seen Shinnie in his time here. Thought he would have been well up for it.

macattack
24-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Pen to them and Lewis getting strechered aff can this night get any worse :blue:

jamiesd
24-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Looks bad.

Hairdrier
24-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Lewis off injured penalty to der hun.

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 09:23 PM
You're needing a goal.
You take off GMS & put on that f*cking horse Ball?!
Aye ok.
Derek, if you getvon offer in the summer don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Big game bottler.
The huns clearly have a big game mentality
McInnes & his Nancy boy team don’t.

jamiesd
24-01-2018, 09:25 PM
What a miss

Mason89
Our genius rinsed by a youth coach again

We would all find this f*cking hilarious if it wasnt us

andoplzcumbak
F*ck me Rooney!

Jesus! How the f*ck have we not scored there!

InversneckieDob
24-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Been watching on a feed so am nae fully up to speed.
We've nae turned up again, in a big game at 4-2-3-1 you canna play baith McLean and Christie, that was never a pen O'Connor got the ba for once and young Windass is a horrible, cheating little nark.

Jupiter
24-01-2018, 09:27 PM
Time for a new manager, we've bottled it too often in big games. McInnes should have gone to the huns when he had the chance.

Stupie82
24-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Ball on for GMS summed this game up. I would rather have seen anyone but him. We have looked lost whole game. Now 2-0 down and trying... sound familiar?

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Proof that we really are not that good against a fairly average at best hun side. DM is getting typecast as a manager that does not have what it takes to motivate his team in big games. Players should be ashamed if that is the best they have to offer.

Hope Lewis isn't out too long or our pishness will be compounded in games to come.

Mason89
24-01-2018, 09:29 PM
Putting Ball on was a total piss take. A f*ck you to the fans. Smug arrogant tosser

Stupie82
24-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Anyone else think Shinnie has been really poor rcently?

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 09:31 PM

Worst of a terrible bunch tonight. I expect more from our captain.

24-01-2018, 09:31 PM
We are just not at the races... 9 points to these pricks.... It's a ****in joke how bad we are in these games.
Whole season literally turned round in 3 fixtures alone...well, ignoring the Celtic capitulations.
Pissed off.com

Spielführer_1903
24-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Putting Ball on was a total piss take. A f*ck you to the fans. Smug arrogant tosser

Give it a rest.

Spielführer_1903
24-01-2018, 09:32 PM

Just this game, not recently.

Spielführer_1903
24-01-2018, 09:33 PM
O Connor stinking. Needs to go in the Summer.

Mason89
24-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Give it a rest.

Hand up if you would’ve put Ball on the bench, never mind the pitch.

Del knows best though

jamiesd
24-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Wrong sub for sure, but Ball has been not bad since coming on

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 09:34 PM

It's the elephant in the room. If that were Jack there would be it's on thread on the matter.

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 09:36 PM
F******g raging as I type this so I’ll try & keep it in some perspective.

I’ll start by saying we should be careful what we wish for, but if DM left us in the summer I would not be bothered.

His record in “big games” is f*****g horrendous.
Take this season...
- that limp twisted defeat in Cyprus
- the hosing away to Motherwell in LC.
- every game against Dhims
- every game against a pish SEVCO

The mentality of the team stinks.
The defence is a bombscare;
O’Connor & Considine need dumped.
Logan has been sh1te this season.

The midfield is too nice.
Needs big changes.

The attack is slow & cumbersome.

We have a chairman who sips from a Hun “loving cup” pre match and who dies cartwheels at being 2nd.
He suckles up to the huns.

We have a manager who’s far too comfortable & bombproof.

It isn’t f*****g good enough.

F**k off

Rant over for now.

EintrachtFrankfurt
24-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Another capitulation to these w@nkers, our manager never seems to learn from previous mistakes against them.

Stupie82
24-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Just this game, not recently.

He was poor against St Mirren too, especially in first half. Not singling him out, just expect more from him.

RedStarTorphins
O Connor stinking. Needs to go in the Summer.

For whatever reason, a manager favourite.
F*****g clueless.
Both of them.

Aldo1983

I’ll start by saying we should be careful what we wish for, but if DM left us in the summer I would not be bothered.

Take this season...

Needs big changes.

We have a chairman who sips from a Hun “loving cup” pre match and who dies cartwheels at being 2nd.

F**k off

Rant over for now.

Correct.

Jupiter
24-01-2018, 09:40 PM

Take this season...

Needs big changes.

F**k off

Rant over for now.

You've hit the nail on the head there.

Stupie82
24-01-2018, 09:41 PM
Sick to death of these performances. Its the same everytime, start nervous, lose all shape, concede, concede again and then start to play football. That last ten minutes we were all over them. Okay game was dead and buried, but Sevco couldnt handle it. Was the same at Pittodrie... therefore why the f*ck do we start on the back foot agaisnt them, why not have a go from the start.

Mcinnes has to answer these questions.

The Trading Sheep
24-01-2018, 09:41 PM
Hand up if you would’ve put Ball on the bench, never mind the pitch.

Del knows best though

im sure it goes... In deek we trust :zzz:

Mr_Grieves
24-01-2018, 09:42 PM
P1ss poor sh1te.

DM has got to take the blame for that, he's got worse ever since his big wage rise in the summer.

57vintage

Take this season...

Needs big changes.

F**k off

Rant over for now.

Wow. So many cliches in so few words.

irnbru1903
A 2 nil defeat and a dire capitulation. Only poor finishing kept the scoreline down. If that was a statement of intent from a nearly fully fit squad then we are up sh it creek. DM and his players have been found severely lacking in every department in every big game this season.

I am sure some will be along to put a positive spin on it but with this team we will win nothing. No big surprise that the tims don't want GMS or Christie .... they are simply not good enough when it matters.

andoplzcumbak
24-01-2018, 09:43 PM

Take this season...

Needs big changes.

F**k off

Rant over for now.

And we must be the slowest team in the league by far! There's a chronic lack of pace.

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 09:45 PM
But...but...but...

They've a bigger budget than we have.

RED_JOHN
24-01-2018, 09:49 PM
But...but...but...

They've a bigger budget than we have.

And bigger balls unfortunately

Feck_the_Huns
24-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Can anybody explain to me what Greg Stewart brings to the party?

A dozen Embassy Regal and 4 x Kestrels?

Jupiter
24-01-2018, 09:51 PM
Five defeats out of five against the 2 cheeks this season

3-0 and 3-0 against Timmy

3-0 2-1 and 2-0 against sevco

aggregate score 13-1

Aldo1983
24-01-2018, 09:55 PM

He would be good at fives. Embassy number 1s please.

InversneckieDob
24-01-2018, 09:58 PM

Being charitable, I dinna see how he fits in to our preferred formation.
On the right if you show him down the line he's screwed.
Doesnae have the pace to go on the outside, two one footed if you take the left peg oota the equation.

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Levein quote is quite accurate for this scenario. Didn't take sevco long to put us under the thumb like the previous orc club. Really is sickening.

RED_JOHN
24-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Just for anyone that didn’t make the match tonight....at half time fans inside the stadium witnessed the Rangers directors presenting Duncan Skinner and Craig Brown with the loving cup?! The hun directors
took a drink from the cup after swearing allegiance to the queen . Skinner and Brown the pair of gimps partake in the drinking from the cup also.
If our evening couldn’t get any worse then we truly know our club will participate in anything to keep the Huns happy!!

bpdon
24-01-2018, 10:05 PM
To be fair to Ball, when he came on we did finally get a grip of the midfield and start to play some football - the Rangers were cruising in there all night up to that point.

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Just for anyone that didn’t make the match tonight....at half time fans inside the stadium witnessed the Rangers directors presenting Duncan Skinner and Craig Brown with the loving cup?! The hun directors
took a drink from the cup after swearing allegiance to the queen . Skinner and Brown the pair of gimps partake in the drinking from the cup also.
If our evening couldn’t get any worse then we truly know our club will participate in anything to keep the Huns happy!!

Skinner not the c**t who bet against us?
And Brown would eat a sh1te if it was free.

Mason89
24-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Saw this on Twitter

McInnes' record against Celtic and Rangers since he took over at Pittodrie: P 28, W 6, D 0, L 22.

Accurate?

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 10:08 PM
To be fair to Ball, when he came on we did finally get a grip of the midfield and start to play some football - the Rangers were cruising in there all night up to that point.

They were 2 nil up and knew we were toothless so I will hardly shower praise on Ball for that.

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Wow. So many cliches in so few words.

Cliches?
I prefer to call them observations, facts.
What do you disagree with?

Jupiter
24-01-2018, 10:15 PM
Saw this on Twitter

McInnes' record against Celtic and Rangers since he took over at Pittodrie: P 28, W 6, D 0, L 22.

Accurate?

Sounds about right.

In the this season and last it's 2 wins and 13 defeats.

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 10:17 PM
And we must be the slowest team in the league by far! There's a chronic lack of pace.

Correct.
O’Connor, Considine, Stewart, Rooney all look like they’re pulling a tractor.

Lairdoharthill
24-01-2018, 10:19 PM
That’s a record that defies probability - get the Gambling Commission on the case.

irnbru1903
24-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Correct.

Pity they weren't as they would have been more difficult to pass.

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Shinnie’s booking means he misses games against Celtic & Hibs.
Yaaaay.... Dom Ball for two games.
And Rogers in goal maybe.

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Pity they weren't as they would have been more difficult to pass.

I’d be interested as to who Anthony O’Connor thinks he’ll end up exactly.
A bang average player who perennially bottles it in big games. That’ll be why Derek McInnes likes him.... kindred spirits.

TheRealSLYFOX
24-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Shinnie’s booking means he misses games against Celtic & Hibs.
Yaaaay.... Dom Ball for two games.
And Rogers in goal maybe.
No loss most overated player at the club. Runs a lot but achieves little.

sancho_panza
24-01-2018, 10:28 PM

For the ten minutes before he came on, in particular, we were all over the place with Rangers picking up second balls without any of our players being anywhere near them. The shape of the team completely fell apart when McGinn came on for whatever reason.

Broadly speaking though this game illustrated what happens when you try and play possession football with defenders who can't pass the ball. They were pressing us constantly and we couldn't deal with it which ended up with us either giving it away or punting it forward on a regular basis.

donsdaft
24-01-2018, 10:33 PM
I've got other things to do rather than worry about this s'hite.

They're killing my club and when they leave Pittodrie it'll be dead.

mondo_notion
24-01-2018, 10:41 PM
Tactics were too easy for the huns - hit the ball passed Considine, cross it in to the box. Repeat until a goal is scored.

We can't keep the ball, we were nervous and feart. Pretty embarrassing to be honest. Same old story of when the pressure is off and the game is out of reach we get a decent performance. Too little, too late.

I though McLean and McGinn were good, McKenna to to be fair. I like the boy Ball but OneBrianIrvines gif a few pages back was even better.

bpdon
24-01-2018, 10:42 PM
For the ten minutes before he came on, in particular, we were all over the place with Rangers picking up second balls without any of our players being anywhere near them. The shape of the team completely fell apart when McGinn came on for whatever reason.

Broadly speaking though this game illustrated what happens when you try and play possession football with defenders who can't pass the ball. They were pressing us constantly and we couldn't deal with it which ended up with us either giving it away or punting it forward on a regular basis.
The space through the midfield and in front of our back line was gaping for 70mins. We were chasing shadows in midfield - one pass around the corner between the lines and we were wide open. Was it any wonder that our defenders weaknesses were being exposed?

As much as I wanted McInnes to try and play our own game tonight, the selection and/or formation clearly wasn't working. Yet he appeared to do nothing about it until the game was sailing into the distance.

Mason89
24-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Hopefully one of the players will tweet ‘we go again’ then everything will be alright

RED_JOHN
24-01-2018, 10:58 PM
Skinner not the c**t who bet against us?
And Brown would eat a sh1te if it was free.

Yep , him.

Sorry to Mason89...didn’t realise you had a thread about this subject lad. I couldn’t believe my eyes when witnessing this utter drivel from the Rangers directors then seeing Skinner and Brown happily join in instead of saying stick your cup up your arse ...just made the night get worse.

Mason89
24-01-2018, 11:00 PM
Interesting that you got to see it at all. Normally this goat sh@gging ritual takes place indoors

RED_JOHN
24-01-2018, 11:09 PM
Interesting that you got to see it at all. Normally this goat sh@gging ritual takes place indoors

On the screens inside the stadium for everyone to witness. A big thanks to the Aberdeen directors for truly letting us know where they stand when putting up any challenge against the huns....no wonder Derek McInnes has it so easy at Pittodrie when the gimps that run our club partake in a hun ritual that swears allegiance to the queen.
We are happy to roll over and let them dictate to us.

RedStarTorphins
24-01-2018, 11:22 PM
Hopefully one of the players will tweet ‘we go again’ then everything will be alright

Reynolds (who appears to be leading cheer leader in the press) will be in the p&j on Friday saying “we let the fans down in Wednesday, we owe them” blah blah blah.
All talk.

KIWIRED
25-01-2018, 12:02 AM
Capitulation once again. Total embarrassing. Beaten by Newco for a third time this season - shocking

Defence is an utter shambles, O'Connor Reynolds Considine must go couldn't careless where they go these are not professional footballers

The board must invest financially in the summer big style ( not the fans problem ) Dave McCormack if you love the club just spend some of your personal fortune cannot carry on signing lower league Englandshire hasbeens

The stadium ( if it gets the Council nod ) is a separate financial project but major major investment needed at the club playing level or we are toast against Newco, Hearts Hibs

The club talk about raising the income stream by 4 million and have just appointed some financial / marketing guru to do the job , good luck with that one if you cannot put a decent team on the park

The season is not over, Hibs Hearts Killie and of course Celtic will horsewhip Newco and they will drop points.

We need to harden up and be more agggresive on the pitch . No bottlers

87kilos
25-01-2018, 12:24 AM
The defence has been poor all season and unlike the post above mine I'll not omit Shay as he has been equally as rank as any of them. What is the issue with Arnason, does Derek not rate him or is he injured?

Two new full backs required urgently. Considine has been a liability for a long time, any team with pace and a tactical manager will attack him all game as he'll get roasted alive all day long by anyone with a fraction of pace or a decent footballing brain.

kkong
25-01-2018, 12:33 AM

AFC v Rangers & Celtic this season:

P5 W0 D0 L5 F1 A13

The only two teams who have not taken any points off them are us and Ross County (who are currently bottom of the league).

Basically we're going to lose 2nd place to the Huns... they are +9 and we are -9 pts.

TheRealSLYFOX
25-01-2018, 12:36 AM
At 3 points behind us the Huns sign Martin, Goss, Murphy, Cummings & Docherty all of which would improve us.
We re-sign a player most agreed was past his best and a guy we are struggling to get a work permit for. As per the last 2 Jan Windows we’ve shown zero ambition!

Pacman1903
25-01-2018, 04:55 AM
Hands up who didn't expect that

Hands up who still thinks McInness is the saviour of the club. I bet there are still heaps of you

We have the worst overall record against Brendans pigs (inclusive of Caley who got a point last season) and we have the worst combined record v the pigs and sevco in the league this season.

But hes not a big game bottling sh@tebag though is he. How much more proof do people need

Oh but hes not McGhee so its ok

Pacman1903
25-01-2018, 05:11 AM
In more positive news

Joe Lewis has not broken his leg as feared

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/relief-dons-confirmation-keeper-joe-lewis-not-broken-leg/

Rogers in goal on Saturday. Joe hasn't missed a game in his Dons career

ragnarok
25-01-2018, 05:56 AM
Hands up who didn't expect that

Hands up who still thinks McInness is the saviour of the club. I bet there are still heaps of you

We have the worst overall record against Brendans pigs (inclusive of Caley who got a point last season) and we have the worst combined record v the pigs and sevco in the league this season.

But hes not a big game bottling sh@tebag though is he. How much more proof do people need

Oh but hes not McGhee so its ok

Pac, why is it that the sACk maCginnis contingent insist that the rest of us either agree with them or are happy clappers? Do you think we're happy with the results or performances against the H*ns or the Tims this season? You don't think some of us have raged at the tactics and standard of performance in these games?

We simply disagree with you that this is an issue which ends with the one solution of booting McInnes. It's possible to be frustrated with the manager and not p*sh our pants and call him names whenever we take a sore loss. And let's fact it - it's very unlikely that he's going anywhere.

I think there's more to this than McInnes simply bottling it. Sometimes another team has the edge over you in H2H encounters and unfortunately this season it's the h*ns. And of course they have raised their game against us.

Considine is simply a liability in these games. Fine as a squad player if needed when playing Thistle at home but isn't good enough for big games. What happened to our much vaunted midfield trio of Christie, Shinnie and Kenny Mac?

Just to be clear, I'm not making excuses. I'm just pointing out that there are reasons why we're losing these matches beyond McInnes being a useless, bottling h*n sh*tebag or whatever it is you want to throw out next.

Aldo1983
25-01-2018, 06:28 AM
Pac, why is it that the sACk maCginnis contingent insist that the rest of us either agree with them or are happy clappers? Do you think we're happy with the results or performances against the H*ns or the Tims this season? You don't think some of us have raged at the tactics and standard of performance in these games?

We simply disagree with you that this is an issue which ends with the one solution of booting McInnes. It's possible to be frustrated with the manager and not p*sh our pants and call him names whenever we take a sore loss. And let's fact it - it's very unlikely that he's going anywhere.

I think there's more to this than McInnes simply bottling it. Sometimes another team has the edge over you in H2H encounters and unfortunately this season it's the h*ns. And of course they have raised their game against us.

Considine is simply a liability in these games. Fine as a squad player if needed when playing Thistle at home but isn't good enough for big games. What happened to our much vaunted midfield trio of Christie, Shinnie and Kenny Mac?

Just to be clear, I'm not making excuses. I'm just pointing out that there are reasons why we're losing these matches beyond McInnes being a useless, bottling h*n sh*tebag or whatever it is you want to throw out next.

He's in charge, he's made the same mistakes over and over. Buck stops with him.

RedStarTorphins
25-01-2018, 06:36 AM
At 3 points behind us the Huns sign Martin, Goss, Murphy, Cummings & Docherty all of which would improve us.
We re-sign a player most agreed was past his best and a guy we are struggling to get a work permit for. As per the last 2 Jan Windows we’ve shown zero ambition!

Agree with that.
We have showed zero ambition this window.
None.
Ok at least we’re not spending money we clearly don’t have, but SEVCO have sealed 2nd imo.
Our ambition & our big game mentality is horrendous.

ragnarok
25-01-2018, 06:39 AM
[FONT=arial]
He's in charge, he's made the same mistakes over and over. Buck stops with him.

Never said it didn't.

Agree with that.
None.
Ok at least we’re not spending money we clearly don’t have, but SEVCO have sealed 2nd imo.

What would ambition look like, exactly? The main reason a club like Aberdeen can't splash cash on players is that we couldn't even afford the sort of fees that our top players would command. £500k would be a massive outlay for us and simply doesn't buy you very much. The proximity to the inflated English market means there is no value as a buyer for a club like AFC. Hence why we have generally targeted players who are out of favour.

In the summer we signed GMS, May and Stewart on loan (presumably with a view to signing the latter permanently). Three proven players in this league. Leaving aside an assessment of how those players have performed for AFC I would hardly call them unambitious signings.

My main problem with McInnes' recent singing policy is that he didn't seem to have a clear style of play in mind when targeting signings. The Tansey signing didn't work out notwithstanding he was a player we had clearly been tracking for a while. Jack hasn't been replaced and we need a proper left back assuming Shinnie is to remain in midfield. There's plenty of quality in the squad but it's redundant in some areas and clearly lacking in others.

87kilos
25-01-2018, 07:19 AM
Agree with that.
None.

And in the process further handicapped themselves financially.

Pacman1903
25-01-2018, 07:29 AM

I'm not asking you to agree . I'm merely pointing out that these meek performances in big games are too predictable under McInnes and he clearly cant fire up his players. It is a huge f@cking downfall of the manager and we will not progress as he has made it clear he cant by

being whitewashed by the pigs over 6 last season
over halfway to being whitewashed by the pigs and sevco this season
having the worst record v the pigs since Brenda took charge
having the worst combined record v the two this season

There is more

What f@cking use is that. His big game record is getting worse by the month

Oh but dinna worry he beat Rijeka away and hes nae McGhee so we cant point out his flaws as hes ace

andoplzcumbak
25-01-2018, 07:35 AM
Correct.

This is one of our biggest problems! And is shown up v pacey teams like the vermin. I think probably also why Arni isn't on v them as he's even slower than the others!

Priority this summer has to be the defence and pace!

RedStarTorphins
25-01-2018, 07:40 AM

If you think the huns will go tits up you’re deluded.
They wont
I’ve been hearing this “tick tick” sh1te for ever & a day.... it’s not happened & wont.
There are two many masons will bail them out
FFS our own chairman is one of them & wants a strong “Rangers”. We even sip from the Masonic loving cup.
Milne will be happy with 3rd & the odd cup final.
McInnes cannot raise a semi against the Glasgow teams let alone a full blown rager.
The record against them is the worst in the league.
It’s embarrassing & he should be getting held to account over it.

I stand by my point earlier.
Our lack of ambition in this window deserves what it gets... persistent failure in big games.

hulldon
25-01-2018, 07:52 AM
Just watched the highlights on BBC sport ...... if I hadn't been following comments on here, I would have judged it to be a very close game, with us having the better chances, and it should have finished 4 -3 to us...... now I know that isn't the full picture, but how we didn't score is beyond me ... Their keeper made some great saves and we missed some sitters. Apart from their goal - rank defending from us - none of their chances were as good as about 4 of ours.
And as for the penalty!!!! It was clear that O'Connor got the ball first. I didn't even need to watch a replay to see it - Incredible!

Now before anyone accuses me of having rose-tinted glasses .... I can read between the lines of reports from the match, and that we have got an appalling record against the Orcs - who are not very good, and certainly no better than us - but this was a close match. Yes, we lost it, which is worrying, and our record against Sevco and the Dhims must be improved, but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. Albeit quite far away!

Pacman1903
25-01-2018, 08:08 AM
They wont
I’ve been hearing this “tick tick” sh1te for ever & a day.... it’s not happened & wont.
FFS our own chairman is one of them & wants a strong “Rangers”. We even sip from the Masonic loving cup.
McInnes cannot raise a semi against the Glasgow teams let alone a full blown rager.

Our lack of ambition in this window deserves what it gets... persistent failure in big games.

I agree with every word of that

Aldo1983
25-01-2018, 08:15 AM

How do you know that? Nobody knows that. They didn't disappear the last time so they won't disappear this time either. We've played a part in that unfortunately.

87kilos
25-01-2018, 08:15 AM
They wont

Wrong.

Our financial situation doesn't warrant spending out with our means. Your the deluded one who seems to think it's the answer, spending on players we can't afford.

I never mentioned sevco going bust I mentioned that they are further handicapping themselves financially, they are living off of loans from the director which can't and won't be sustainable for ever. They have a stadium that is falling apart, god only knows how they are going to finance that.

They are now relying on loan deals where parent clubs are picking up a vast majority of the wages. These same players are players Rangers of old would turn their noses up at. They can't afford to buy these players.

Aberdeen we're always going to end up losing second spot to Sevco eventually, simple economics dictate that. Ramblings about players we can't afford doesn't change that.

rico94
25-01-2018, 09:02 AM
I'm not asking you to agree . I'm merely pointing out that these meek performances in big games are too predictable under McInnes and he clearly cant fire up his players. It is a huge f@cking downfall of the manager and we will not progress as he has made it clear he cant by

being whitewashed by the pigs over 6 last season
over halfway to being whitewashed by the pigs and sevco this season
having the worst record v the pigs since Brenda took charge
having the worst combined record v the two this season

There is more

What f@cking use is that. His big game record is getting worse by the month

Oh but dinna worry he beat Rijeka away and hes nae McGhee so we cant point out his flaws as hes ace

I have stuck up for him in the past but its looking like his big game record is getting worse and worse, he won some big games in his first season (semi at Tyncastle, the League cup and the 2 Celtic games) but it has been deteriorating since then.

The problem is we have been big game bottlers for the last 20 years hence the reason we have only won 1 trophy in that time, different managers, different coaching staff and different players. The only guy that has been here in that entire time is Stewart Milne, Im sure someone will reply to this saying its not his fault he doesn't pick the team, whats he supposed to do etc etc.

Well what he could do is not accept mediocrity, putting in a poor performance against an average hun team is not good enough and the players and management should be told this. But getting knocked out of cups by the likes of Queens park, QOS, East Fife and Raith should be an instant dismissal, this is why we have been putting in poor performances in big games in the last 20 odd years, because our chairman has been too soft and accepted mediocrity in that time.

EintrachtFrankfurt
25-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Agree with that.
None.

Milne has to be the least ambitious chairman in the league.

irnbru1903
25-01-2018, 09:39 AM
Just watched the highlights on BBC sport ...... if I hadn't been following comments on here, I would have judged it to be a very close game, with us having the better chances, and it should have finished 4 -3 to us...... now I know that isn't the full picture, but how we didn't score is beyond me ... Their keeper made some great saves and we missed some sitters. Apart from their goal - rank defending from us - none of their chances were as good as about 4 of ours.
And as for the penalty!!!! It was clear that O'Connor got the ball first. I didn't even need to watch a replay to see it - Incredible!

Now before anyone accuses me of having rose-tinted glasses .... I can read between the lines of reports from the match, and that we have got an appalling record against the Orcs - who are not very good, and certainly no better than us - but this was a close match. Yes, we lost it, which is worrying, and our record against Sevco and the Dhims must be improved, but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. Albeit quite far away!

Just goes to show how misleading highlights can be. We were second best by a mile and only really showed any intent when the game was beyond us. Same old from many of our players in big games. The boy Morelos missed more chances than our entire team before he was rightly subbed .... if Rooney had missed those chances we would be not too happy.
The biggest concern for me other than our car crash of a defence has to be the fact that not one of our flair players turned up. Christie was awful, GMS spent half the game on his arse, Stewart regressed to his slow useless self and McLean did nothing but prove to the huns that they dodged a bullet.
Failures all around last night and it is an ongoing problem against the gruesome twosome that must be addressed. Our sports psychologist is obviously not doing his job.

Jussi
25-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Our chairman counts on fans having a one game attention span,

couple of days after the usual badly managed display against newco

& it's back to predicting we'll win every game 4 - 0

Aldo1983
25-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Wrong.

Our financial situation doesn't warrant spending out with our means. Your the deluded one who seems to think it's the answer, spending on players we can't afford.

I never mentioned sevco going bust I mentioned that they are further handicapping themselves financially, they are living off of loans from the director which can't and won't be sustainable for ever. They have a stadium that is falling apart, god only knows how they are going to finance that.

They are now relying on loan deals where parent clubs are picking up a vast majority of the wages. These same players are players Rangers of old would turn their noses up at. They can't afford to buy these players.

Aberdeen we're always going to end up losing second spot to Sevco eventually, simple economics dictate that. Ramblings about players we can't afford doesn't change that.

Or...they are getting those loan players in because they have a short term manager in and they've had a load of foreigners to get rid of. Possibly it's economically sound.

Either way we only have ourselves to blame and we can't keep hoping they implode.

We've let them in and there's no going back.

We now have two teams we can't beat.

Winning the Scottish cup is now harder. I got pelters for suggesting it was easier before.

I blame the happy clappers, Milne and McInnes for allowing us to just be "okay".

cougared
25-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Got back from the game at 2 am. Not read all the posts yet but some general observations.

We were second best and looked it for all but 10 minutes.
Murty's tactics seemed to be very simple - put the ball right and get at Considine. Funnily enough I think a load of us thought that's what he'd do but McInnes seemed not to have given this a lot of thought.
In the second half in particular it seemed that their keeper rolling the ball out to a defender seemed to be enough for our defence and midfield to lose shape. The number of times they were at us in seconds after Fuderingham rolling was unbelievable. Again - seemed unable to counter this.
Rooney without Hayes is like Morecombe without Wise. He puffs and pants. His movement in the box is horrific.
Considine without Hayes is like Dolly without her Partons.
Logan did not cover himself in glory at their first goal - but maybe he was too busy trying to cover the centre of defence who were too busy trying to cover for Consi?
Shinnie. Can't criticise Shinnie can we? Well.... it was a daft booking and my opinion is that he lacks the overall discipline to be as good a midfielder as he is a left back. Play him at left back.
O'Connor. Too slow - let him go.
Thought McLean had a good game and looked very comfortable wide right. For the last 10 minutes.
GMS - was pushed REALLY wide by their defence and couldn't get the space he needed. No threat from inside to cause uncertainty.
Stewart? HAS to cut in on to his left foot. Seems unable to swing his right foot at anything.

McInnes? Like a few posts have pointed out. record v The Ugly Sisters over the past two seasons has been awful. 15 games and 2 wins. This season is heading for a granny. No good enough.

87kilos
25-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Or...they are getting those loan players in because they have a short term manager in and they've had a load of foreigners to get rid of. Possibly it's economically sound.

Either way we only have ourselves to blame and we can't keep hoping they implode.

We've let them in and there's no going back.

We now have two teams we can't beat.

Winning the Scottish cup is now harder. I got pelters for suggesting it was easier before.

I blame the happy clappers, Milne and McInnes for allowing us to just be "okay".

And we can't just sign any player in order to "attempt to keep up".

Crying that Sevco with greater resources are spending more on players wages is absolutely pathetic. Do we think Dundee Utd cry when we brought McGinn back cos we could afford him and they couldn't??

Sevco will become the second force in Scotland again, whether it be this year or next or the year after but they'll never get close to Celtic nor will any team in Scotland again.

What Saturday against St Mirren and last night showed clearly is we need to rebuild from the back again. I'd get rid of every defender bar McKenna, build around him. Considine and Logan have both been horrendous this season. Is Shinnie a left back or a midfielder, we need to decide where he is more beneficial to AFC and stick with that.

rico94
25-01-2018, 10:09 AM
Its very concerning that McInnes seems to be the only person who cant see that Considine is our weak link and clubs are targeting him.Our defence has looked at its most comfortable when its been Logan,Arnason,McKenna and Shinnie.

Time to put Considine out of his misery,Highland league beckons.

blowupsheep
25-01-2018, 10:14 AM
defetas will happen we have to accept that, but it is the manner of this defeat AGAIN !!!! third time this season against the huns and its sad sad reading, played 3, won none, drawn none, lost three, goals for 1 goals against 7 for fox ache.
yet again a gutless, spineless, clueless performance when there was clearly an opportunity to put some daylight between oursleves and the scum as there was on the other two occasions and again we bottle it and don't turn up.
Ive got no idea how to fix this but it simply cant be left to continue on like this. Let's face it the huns are not that good a side right now, actually they are pretty much an average SPFL side, but they will strengthen and will get better and we will be left behind, we cant compete with them now when they are pretty sh1te........
The future is not very rosy or bright from the angle that I am looking in from

Oh and by the way just to add to the list of mega under performers - Shay Logan

awafaehame
25-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Got back from the game at 2 am. Not read all the posts yet but some general observations.

We were second best and looked it for all but 10 minutes.
Murty's tactics seemed to be very simple - put the ball right and get at Considine. Funnily enough I think a load of us thought that's what he'd do but McInnes seemed not to have given this a lot of thought.
In the second half in particular it seemed that their keeper rolling the ball out to a defender seemed to be enough for our defence and midfield to lose shape. The number of times they were at us in seconds after Fuderingham rolling was unbelievable. Again - seemed unable to counter this.
Rooney without Hayes is like Morecombe without Wise. He puffs and pants. His movement in the box is horrific.
Considine without Hayes is like Dolly without her Partons.
Logan did not cover himself in glory at their first goal - but maybe he was too busy trying to cover the centre of defence who were too busy trying to cover for Consi?
Shinnie. Can't criticise Shinnie can we? Well.... it was a daft booking and my opinion is that he lacks the overall discipline to be as good a midfielder as he is a left back. Play him at left back.
O'Connor. Too slow - let him go.
Thought McLean had a good game and looked very comfortable wide right. For the last 10 minutes.
GMS - was pushed REALLY wide by their defence and couldn't get the space he needed. No threat from inside to cause uncertainty.
Stewart? HAS to cut in on to his left foot. Seems unable to swing his right foot at anything.

McInnes? Like a few posts have pointed out. record v The Ugly Sisters over the past two seasons has been awful. 15 games and 2 wins. This season is heading for a granny. No good enough.

Bang on with every point here.
I got home an hour earlier, but was so hard to take.
We were outplayed the whole of the game yet still managed to have a few chances that we wasted.

Another sickening night out in Glasgow and its getting very tiresome spending good money to go and watch a team not trying.

Really amazed how Christie could be so influential on Saturday yet go totally missing last night. I guess thats why he isnt playing for the tims, he just isnt good enough.

We have all known for years about Considine's failings, as long as my arse points south, he will never be a left back. EVERY manager in the league can see he is our MAJOR weak link apart from the one that picks him every week.

We need a major overhaul and fast. If it doesnt happen and we continue to slide down the table below the Edinburgh clubs, McInnes might start wishing he had taken the gig at the b@stard garden as he will be hounded out of Pittodrie with this crap.

Please don't get me started with this Loving cup sh!t........

Mason89
25-01-2018, 11:09 AM
McInnes won’t be hounded anywhere regardless of results. There’s too many folk that have this frankly weird man crush on him, especially Milne.

One will be along in a minute to remind us all he’s not McGhee

afc1903mad
25-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Milne has to be the least ambitious chairman in the league.

Really......
Please justify how the following are showing more ambition?

Roy MacGregor
David Beattie
Tim Keyes
Ronnie MacDonald
Steve Brown
Michael Johnston
James McMahon
Ann Budge (Although it appears she is doing a very good job there)
Leeann Dempster

Aldo1983
25-01-2018, 12:17 PM
And we can't just sign any player in order to "attempt to keep up".

Crying that Sevco with greater resources are spending more on players wages is absolutely pathetic. Do we think Dundee Utd cry when we brought McGinn back cos we could afford him and they couldn't??

Sevco will become the second force in Scotland again, whether it be this year or next or the year after but they'll never get close to Celtic nor will any team in Scotland again.

What Saturday against St Mirren and last night showed clearly is we need to rebuild from the back again. I'd get rid of every defender bar McKenna, build around him. Considine and Logan have both been horrendous this season. Is Shinnie a left back or a midfielder, we need to decide where he is more beneficial to AFC and stick with that.

One post you are telling us that Sevco will be in financial meltdown soon and the next you are telling those that aren't happy with the new stadium are holding the club back.

Bottom line is that this club have been coasting at times, winning big against Dundee and Partick are great but people have overlooked the bigger picture. Thinking everything will be ok because Celtic have more money and Sevco will go into liquidation again.

It's all been a massive missed opportunity.

We will come out of the best possible chance to win more silverware with one league cup.

afc1903mad
25-01-2018, 12:21 PM

Hear Hear, well said

Aldo1983
25-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Hear Hear, well said

To be fair, it wasn't a make or break game for you.

Stupie82
25-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Its very concerning that McInnes seems to be the only person who cant see that Considine is our weak link and clubs are targeting him.Our defence has looked at its most comfortable when its been Logan,Arnason,McKenna and Shinnie.

Time to put Considine out of his misery,Highland league beckons.

Not disagreeing with you on Considine, however Logan has been equally as bad and has been more at fault for goals we have conceded this season.

afc1903mad
25-01-2018, 12:27 PM
To be fair, it wasn't a make or break game for you.

Its wasn't.
We are level with them on points, obviously behind on goal difference.
There's still 15 games to go in the league this season.

If it's break for you, then your giving up.
I wont.

Mason89
25-01-2018, 12:33 PM
Its wasn't.

Every game against them is & the only reason they’ve got the points that they have, is because we’re the biggest sh1tebags in the league.

There is absolutely no point in Aberdeen FC if you’re not going to take the game to those two.

afc1903mad
25-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Every game against them is & the only reason they’ve got the points that they have, is because we’re the biggest sh1tebags in the league.

There is absolutely no point in Aberdeen FC if you’re not going to take the game to those two.

Stop talking pish.
Our season is not over, hence its not broken.
Still 15 to go, why give up?

RedStarTorphins
25-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Wrong.

Where did I suggest we "spend outwith our means"?...I'll wait....
What players have "I rambled about we can't afford"....again, I'll wait....
you could be a journalist with misquotes and pish like that

If you think we've had a good transfer window so far, then I'd disagree
McGinn, yes, good signing probably
The other lad no idea - we can't get a work permit for him.

we've been abysmal at left back for ages - the fact he sees Considine as first pick every week beggars belief when time and time again this season he's been shown up.
The defence has been a bomb scare for a while. O'Connor should be nothing more than a versatile sub - the build up to the penalty last night was laughable schoolboy nonsense where a ball travelled 40-50 yards and he still let his man on the wrong side of him.
And the central midfield needs improved.
It seems to me that we see January as not that important a time to strengthen.
I get the finances of the club, but to just apparently give up (on and off the pitch) is unacceptable, and no amount of cheer leading will change that.

There's an acceptance from the chairman down that 3rd will be fine - his comments about SEVCO in recent months and years should never be uttered from a chairman of Aberdeen FC
And the manager has a big game record that is embarrassing. But he's bomb proof, and therefore has little or no pressure on him to change his mentality or approach.
The players need to show some cahoneys too - playing for 10 minutes when you're two down is too little, too late.

Mason89
25-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Stop talking pish.
Our season is not over, hence its not broken.
Still 15 to go, why give up?

You’ve got a very strange way of looking at the game

TheRealSLYFOX
25-01-2018, 12:44 PM
Milne will be delighted this morning, looking at the league table. His wish for a “strong Rangers with a good manager” is coming to fruition.

rico94
25-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Not disagreeing with you on Considine, however Logan has been equally as bad and has been more at fault for goals we have conceded this season.

Yeah he has been poor too, as someone else posted though he is being caught out of position because he is trying to cover the centre backs who in turn are being caught out of position because they are trying to cover Considine.

Personally I have never thought Considine was good enough but he has improved and done a lot better since McInnes took over. It now looks as if he improved in that period because Hayes was doing a lot of tracking back to cover him with his pace,now Hayes is gone he has went back to being a liability.

I think its time to either play Shinnie or Harvie at left back, I would imagine there is as much chance of McInnes playing one of those two instead of Considine at left back than there is of Milne sacking McInnes.

Aldo1983
25-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Its wasn't.
We are level with them on points, obviously behind on goal difference.
There's still 15 games to go in the league this season.

If it's break for you, then your giving up.
I wont.

That's the spirit. Who cares if they beat us, we have Killie at home next, right?

Then the next season they'll take 9pts plus off us and so on.

You haven't even bothered trying.

Don_Corleone
25-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Just typed a massive post and stupid website made me log in again, so I lost it all. Can't be bothered typing it again... so my conclusion was... Rangers are getting better and we need to step it up big time if we want to remain 2nd best side in Scotland.

afc1903mad
25-01-2018, 01:24 PM
You’ve got a very strange way of looking at the game

Was it make or break from you? Yes or no.