PDA

View Full Version : Vaulks to Cardiff

fc_miller
22-01-2018, 03:16 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5298063/Real-Madrid-focus-keeper-Thibaut-Courtois.html?ITO=1490
Warnock keen on Vaulks for £500k...
Now that would leave us short in midfield.

PokerMillersSwinton
22-01-2018, 03:24 PM
Load of *******s . One of our better players a future captain .Jog on Warnock

CAMiller
22-01-2018, 03:31 PM
I blame gwru ad NW has obviously been listening to him XD

Ericsladkilnhurst
22-01-2018, 03:47 PM
Cardiff had a £4 million offer turned down for Bradley Dack at Blackburn.

Pattylallacks2
22-01-2018, 03:58 PM
I am a great admirer of Will but just can't see where Warnock is coming from on this one. Vaulks showed last season that he is not yet a Championship player and Warnock must surely now have an eye on strengthening his side in readiness for the Premiership. Doesn't make sense to me.Perhaps gwru will be able to enlighten me.

millertop
22-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Hopefully it’s codswallop

frogmiller
22-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Wow!

I see a lot of the good things he does as a player and he has the best shot in the squad but I also see the bad passes or his bad positional play which I think will restrict him going higher in the football leagues.

I've been wrong a lot of times before and I'm hoping I'm wrong on this one. He surely is a credit to RUFC for his off field connection with Bluebell Woods. On the pitch what he lacks he often makes up for with his 100% attitude which must rub off on his team mates.

I'd rather have him playing for us than against us.

Silly-miller
22-01-2018, 04:34 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5298063/Real-Madrid-focus-keeper-Thibaut-Courtois.html?ITO=1490

Now days you couldn’t even replace him for that kind of money... just not worth it letting him go 1,5 million I’d be tempted but 500k jog on warnock

caytonmiller
22-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Warnock likes a halford type player. Played wherever the manager wants.
Low investment costs for established championship club

gwru
22-01-2018, 05:49 PM
Vaulks worth at least 1 million. I'd extend his contract with a wage increase if we get promoted. We have basically got to get in the championship to attract better quality players. That's why we signed Smith & not the likes of Doidge.

Yak
22-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Take the offer and get somebody who can pass to his own man in.

Silly-miller
22-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Take the offer and get somebody who can pass to his own man in.

What Player can you get for 500k now days?

Pattylallacks2
22-01-2018, 06:23 PM

Alexis Sanchez - for a week

Masbroughstreet
22-01-2018, 07:16 PM

Somebody like Will Vaulks ;D

We've as much chance of getting 1.5 million for him as we have of getting 300k for Clarke Harris.

Silly-miller
22-01-2018, 07:24 PM
Somebody like Will Vaulks ;D

We've as much chance of getting 1.5 million for him as we have of getting 300k for Clarke Harris.

There’s not a single player good enough who would be bought for 500k in L1. Bradford for example are looking to get 4 million for their striker and if you look at clubs in L2 some of them want a million for their players. Silly I know but that seems to be the current market

Masbroughstreet
22-01-2018, 07:38 PM
There’s not a single player good enough who would be bought for 500k in L1. Bradford for example are looking to get 4 million for their striker and if you look at clubs in L2 some of them want a million for their players. Silly I know but that seems to be the current market

What people want and what people get are two very different things. Only two players have left a league one club for over a million this season and one of those was Danny Ward to Cardiff in the summer.
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3

Ricky Holmes went from Charlton to Sheffield United last week for just over 400k and he's a better player than Will Vaulks. (Not having a go at Vaulks by the way)

So where you're getting your 'current market' figures from I don't know?

Brin
22-01-2018, 07:42 PM

Stewart will take the 500k as it will save him splashing out and the 500k can buy two players for the price of one, job done!

I would expect though a generous 20% sell on clause or it goes up to £750,000 if Cardiff gets to the Prem.

Sorry gwru but every player is a saleable asset.

Silly-miller
22-01-2018, 07:48 PM
What people want and what people get are two very different things. Only two players have left a league one club for over a million this season and one of those was Danny Ward to Cardiff in the summer.
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3

Ricky Holmes went from Charlton to Sheffield United last week for just over 400k and he's a better player than Will Vaulks. (Not having a go at Vaulks by the way)

So where you're getting your 'current market' figures from I don't know?

Scroll down to oxford in that link you sent me player went for 2 and a half million, however most players seem to be bought buy a league 1 club on that link are from 250k- 800k according to your own link, which backs what I said what player could you buy with current market to replace a 500k offer

Silly-miller
22-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Stewart will take the 500k as it will save him splashing out and the 500k can buy two players for the price of one, job done!

I would expect though a generous 20% sell on clause or it goes up to £750,000 if Cardiff gets to the Prem.

Sorry gwru but every player is a saleable asset.

Oh I agree every player has a price however I don’t think gwru is wrong in saying a million would be a more accurate price for such a young talented player. However if we look at that link mas put up for us 800k is more realistic if we are comparing him to others who were sold at start of season however January window tends to increase prices occasionally so I Donno maybe 850k

mikemiller
22-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Vaulks had a few decent games for us last season, but rarely looked like he was a Championship standard player. OK, he may have improved a bit, but the rumour in the OP is difficult to believe. By all accounts he is a very nice lad off the field though.

Masbroughstreet
22-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Scroll down to oxford in that link you sent me player went for 2 and a half million, however most players seem to be bought buy a league 1 club on that link are from 250k- 800k according to your own link, which backs what I said what player could you buy with current market to replace a 500k offer

If actually read my post I said 2 players have left for over a million, including Ward, so obviously the other one was the lad from Oxford.

The only 2 players going to other league one clubs for 500k or more have both gone to Blackburn, a club with a much bigger budget than ours, So no, it doesn't back up what you said at all.

Ericsladkilnhurst
22-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Jack Marriott at Peterborough market value showing up at £315,000, yet big bids coming in.
Stepping up a league is a big risk for the buying club, so a lot offer a certain sum of money, then add ons if a player makes the grade.

Silly-miller
22-01-2018, 08:23 PM
If actually read my post I said 2 players have left for over a million, including Ward, so obviously the other one was the lad from Oxford..

Yeah I read it wrong

QUOTE=The only 2 players going to other league one clubs for 500k or more have both gone to Blackburn, a club with a much bigger budget than ours, So no, it doesn't back up what you said at all.[/QUOTE]

Fleetwood brought in one for 410k
Peterborough brought one for 450k
Then there’s Wigan’s 300k players

However yes most of transfers are free transfers or loans

Masbroughstreet
22-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Yeah I read it wrong

QUOTE=The only 2 players going to other league one clubs for 500k or more have both gone to Blackburn, a club with a much bigger budget than ours, So no, it doesn't back up what you said at all.

Fleetwood brought in one for 410k
Peterborough brought one for 450k
Then there’s Wigan’s 300k players

However yes most of transfers are free transfers or loans

Yeah, you're saying you can't buy anybody for 500k in this league, and then you're quoting players who've been bought for less than that? What's your point?

caytonmiller
22-01-2018, 09:10 PM
He gets a bit confused our silly.

Grist_To_The_Mill
22-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Whilst I suspect this is a lazy journo making up fake news, if there is a grain of truth then we need to hold onto players like Vaulks if we want to stabilise and build the team.

millavanilla
22-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Vaulks worth at least 1 million. I'd extend his contract with a wage increase if we get promoted. We have basically got to get in the championship to attract better quality players. That's why we signed Smith & not the likes of Doidge.

Cant you just do everyone a favour and stay in bed or summat...please...oh please.... ....please...

gwru
22-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Whose running this show? I'll keep posting. Odd ignoramus won't win.

Hazza Has A Gazza
22-01-2018, 11:33 PM
Isn't Vaulks out of contract at the end of the season? If so, and it pains me to say it cos I like Vaulks a lot as a player, we should take the money. If not, tell them to come back with a serious offer.

gwru
23-01-2018, 12:01 AM
Isn't Vaulks out of contract at the end of the season? If so, and it pains me to say it cos I like Vaulks a lot as a player, we should take the money. If not, tell them to come back with a serious offer.

Thanks for talking Millers. Another season after this for Vaulks. That's why I'd be looking to extend his contract. Then we can keep his value up. Go into his last season his value will be down.

the_idiotb_stardson
23-01-2018, 08:06 AM
If this Vaulks story is true we should snatch their hands off and get rid.

I was listening to Ronnie Moore commentating on the Millers a few months back. The Radio Sheff commentator reminded Ronnie that Vaulks was on the books at Tranmere while Ronnie was there, before they moved Vaulks on. The Radio Sheff commentator asked Ronnie if he thought that Vaulks was "one that got away"

Ronnie said " No...I don't think so"

millertop
23-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Vaulks still has another season with us, if we get rid then there’s trouble upstairs

kempo
23-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Vaulks still has another season with us, if we get rid then there’s trouble upstairs

Vaulks will likely go to Rangers!

dmentor
23-01-2018, 10:20 AM
If this Vaulks story is true we should snatch their hands off and get rid.

I was listening to Ronnie Moore commentating on the Millers a few months back. The Radio Sheff commentator reminded Ronnie that Vaulks was on the books at Tranmere while Ronnie was there, before they moved Vaulks on. The Radio Sheff commentator asked Ronnie if he thought that Vaulks was "one that got away"

Ronnie said " No...I don't think so"

Ronnie can make mistakes,a player is allowed to improve ibs you know.

roscoemiller
23-01-2018, 11:25 AM
Ronnie can make mistakes,a player is allowed to improve ibs you know.

Yep Ronnie does make mistakes .... Gisbert Bos one he will never live down. lol

Gwyther
23-01-2018, 11:34 AM
Well Ronnie didn't rate Vardy so we all make mistakes. Vaulks is the sort of player we need to keep hold of.

Timbertop
23-01-2018, 11:53 AM
It was Robins who only offered Vardy a 3 month contract when he wanted and would have signed a 12 month deal. Not Ronnie.

MILLERSTALE
23-01-2018, 01:39 PM
It was Robins who only offered Vardy a 3 month contract when he wanted and would have signed a 12 month deal. Not Ronnie.

Oh no it wasn’t,it was Ronnie, remember it very very well.

rolymiller
23-01-2018, 01:52 PM
Wouldnt mind him going if we had someone better to replace him with but we aint and we are not likely to for a long while. So keep it up young Will with the millers.

Grist_To_The_Mill
23-01-2018, 02:45 PM
If Vaulks was to go on the usual “undisclosed fee” then it would only further the strengthening rumour that the club is struggling for cash.

caytonmiller
23-01-2018, 03:39 PM
it would only further the strengthening rumour that the club is struggling for cash.

what rumour?

Brin
23-01-2018, 04:17 PM
If Vaulks was to go on the usual “undisclosed fee” then it would only further the strengthening rumour that the club is struggling for cash.

IF and it's a big IF that this happens as you say Grist, then a lot of questions will be asked as to the sustainability of the club. Let's wait and see what happens heh.

gm_gm
23-01-2018, 08:47 PM
If it does happen we will have posters saying we have the “Ward/Vaulks” money to spend, we obviously will never spend any of it as it will simply underpin the indebtedness of the club.

The cupboard is well and truly bare

millertop
23-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Vaulks is going nowhere Warney says

Good

Brin
23-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Vaulks is going nowhere Warney says

Good

It's not down to Warne it's down to the Chairman, he has the final say and no one else. Also once a player's head gets turned their game alters, let's hope this isn't the case with Vaulks.

millavanilla
24-01-2018, 11:24 AM
We dont want to lose vaulks cos theres a player in there...

millertop
24-01-2018, 11:28 AM
It's not down to Warne it's down to the Chairman, he has the final say and no one else. Also once a player's head gets turned their game alters, let's hope this isn't the case with Vaulks.

Like I’ve said before “ if he goes then there’s problems upstairs”

gwru
24-01-2018, 11:36 AM
We dont want to lose vaulks cos theres a player in there...

From day 1 knew Vaulks was a player. He's got scope. JCH is the same.

mellowmiller
24-01-2018, 01:08 PM
From day 1 knew Vaulks was a player. He's got scope. JCH is the same.

Yeah cos JCH took that chance really well last night didn't he? Non league beckons for a non scoring striker.

frogmiller
24-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Let us be fair to the club. We all want survival and no one would think that would be in question with TS at the helm.

We want fo buy players and bring them on to sell for a profit that will allow us to buy better players until we have an established team in the Championship. This what we all want but we have to accept that we're going to lose players like Vaulks, Forde, Newell and Ajayi to clubs who are on the next level up from us.

It's going to take years to do and although we may not like selling players which the manager wants to keep it is going to happen.

Grist_To_The_Mill
24-01-2018, 01:31 PM
This club will never get much better than where we are now on attendances under 10000, simple as that.

Archiemiller
24-01-2018, 01:42 PM
This club will never get much better than where we are now on attendances under 10000, simple as that.

Correct Grist but it takes some numptys 50yrs to work it out.

caytonmiller
24-01-2018, 01:55 PM
http://www.rotherhamunited1925.co.uk/league-attendances/4543766957

Silly-miller
24-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Let us be fair to the club. We all want survival and no one would think that would be in question with TS at the helm.

We want fo buy players and bring them on to sell for a profit that will allow us to buy better players until we have an established team in the Championship. This what we all want but we have to accept that we're going to lose players like Vaulks, Forde, Newell and Ajayi to clubs who are on the next level up from us.

It's going to take years to do and although we may not like selling players which the manager wants to keep it is going to happen.

So long as it’s lots of money and not on cheap money m cool with it.

Also attendances grow the further up you go it’s a fact

millertop
24-01-2018, 02:05 PM

Very disappointed with attendance from us v Bradford, where are they all?

Silly-miller
24-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Very disappointed with attendance from us v Bradford, where are they all?

Watching Man City on tv I’m guessing

frogmiller
24-01-2018, 04:54 PM

The attendances have been impressive really. When we moved to NYS we got another generation of fans which when you look at the age of most of MillersMad members the average age of fans needs to come down or we'll have none left in a few years.

I'd love to see a Miller succeed. The last one to do owt int Premiership was probably Mendonca. For Vaulks to go to Cardifff and then play int Prem now that would be a dream.

There aren't many footballers that have gone and played for nothing hoping to get a chance like Vaulks did.

wrinkly
24-01-2018, 08:44 PM
The attendances have been impressive really. When we moved to NYS we got another generation of fans which when you look at the age of most of MillersMad members the average age of fans needs to come down or we'll have none left in a few years.

I'd love to see a Miller succeed. The last one to do owt int Premiership was probably Mendonca. For Vaulks to go to Cardifff and then play int Prem now that would be a dream.

There aren't many footballers that have gone and played for nothing hoping to get a chance like Vaulks did.

Alfie did ok with Reading in the prem. 12 goals in one season. Broke the record for most prem goals as a sub. I'm not sure but I seem to recall that he was the highest goals per minute score in the prem that season

Lolmorgan
24-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Alfie did ok with Reading in the prem. 12 goals in one season. Broke the record for most prem goals as a sub. I'm not sure but I seem to recall that he was the highest goals per minute score in the prem that seasonwhat about feed the goat(Shaun).

wrinkly
24-01-2018, 09:04 PM
what about feed the goat(Shaun).
I was just posting a suggestion as to who was the last Miller to do well in the prem.

Ericsladkilnhurst
24-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Alfie did ok with Reading in the prem. 12 goals in one season. Broke the record for most prem goals as a sub. I'm not sure but I seem to recall that he was the highest goals per minute score in the prem that season

Talking about Adam Le Fondre, it seems that he is surplus to requirements at Bolton Wanderers, & could be going out on loan. !

Ericsladkilnhurst
24-01-2018, 09:37 PM

While Paul Douglas is running things anything could happen, give Douglas a free transfer in the January window.

Pattylallacks2
24-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Talking about Adam Le Fondre, it seems that he is surplus to requirements at Bolton Wanderers, & could be going out on loan. !

Not to us I hope

MillerBill
25-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Warney does right to turn down that offer,we are not desperate for cash,we haven't spent any yet.We are looking to strengthen the team not weaken it.But if a really massive figure came in ,it must be considered as long as that cash is used for replacements.