PDA

View Full Version : Lowest attendance in AH's tenure

Old_pie
24-01-2018, 01:17 PM
3,738 - works out I think as being the lowest League match attendance since AH took over and only a few more than the worst last season.

Wet Tue, too many consecutive home games and a bit if a downer after Saturday?

DelroyFacey22
24-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Having 50 away fans never helps the attendance. I imagine 3 home games in a row isn't great either and the game at the weekend against Swansea is probably a more attractive proposition for a lot of fans if money is tight, which it usually is at this time.

pjace
24-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Having 50 away fans never helps the attendance. I imagine 3 home games in a row isn't great either and the game at the weekend against Swansea is probably a more attractive proposition for a lot of fans if money is tight, which it usually is at this time.

Hence £2 for the crewe game

Davy500
24-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Good job attendance was low- given the rubbish performance against a poor crawley side

durhampie
24-01-2018, 02:27 PM

Anyone with sense will not pay £20 to watch that rubbish, regardless of all the bull sh*t being given. We have been very poor of late, and we have got even worse with the unpopular one up front tactic. We have made a big mistake signing these two from Palace and Liverpool. Neither are much good and i would question whether they are any better than what we currently have..We have a week of the transfer window to redeem ourselves or spend another season in this awful league...

sidders
24-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Your moaning is in a class of its own, Durham.

LaxtonLad
24-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Anyone with sense will not pay £20 to watch that rubbish, regardless of all the bull sh*t being given. We have been very poor of late, and we have got even worse with the unpopular one up front tactic. We have made a big mistake signing these two from Palace and Liverpool. Neither are much good and i would question whether they are any better than what we currently have..We have a week of the transfer window to redeem ourselves or spend another season in this awful league...

No one knew in advance how awful Notts would perform against Crawley or that Nolan would play the one up front lark again but the result was the same, all huff and puff but absolutely zero product. It wasn't so long ago that when walking to the ground I would have settled for a draw before any game, that mood is slowly returning. Methinks a walloping by Swansea and another horrorshow in front of a record crowd against Crewe may well see a return of the booing and the 3,000 or 4000 gates so bemoaned by Alan Hardy. Why our Kevin thinks the 4-5-1 system at home will produce results is beyond me. Nolly's lads have GOT to start putting on a show if they expect the newer fan to return or even buy a season ticket next year.

I've said it before that if Shola starts a game and Forte finishes it we could be a goal or two up before any subbing goes off. The presence alone of Shola boosts the crowd no end and as has been said the noise coming from the Kop in full voice is like a shot of adrenalin.

upthemaggies
24-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Last season we had a league gate that was 1,002 lower (2,736 v Cambridge). Crawley was the first time we've had a league gate under 4k since Hardy took charge, the previous worst being 4,047 v Exeter on a Tuesday night last February. I don't think there's anything to be read into that though, midweek L2 fixtures in winter against clubs with mostly non-league backgrounds are not going to pull in the punters no matter what the circumstances are.

During the Allardyce title winning season we had just 3,104 v Chester. If last night proves to be the worst gate of the season then it will be 2nd highest worst at this level since 1970/71 (only the Munto campaign has avoided dipping below 4k since then)