PDA

View Full Version : Swansea City Replay...........

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
29-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Live on BBC1, tv money for the club, even more exposure !
but VAR in use

countygump
29-01-2018, 02:05 PM
https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/replay

Old_pie
29-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Live on BBC1, tv money for the club, even more exposure !
but VAR in use

That (VAR) should keep KN happy, though if officiated like the home game seems as if there won't be much need.

AH can't be gambling on tonight's draw to determine his player offers surely?

countygump
29-01-2018, 02:19 PM
That (VAR) should keep KN happy, though if officiated like the home game seems as if there won't be much need.

AH can't be gambling on tonight's draw to determine his player offers surely?

You wouldn't have thought so, seeing as our chances of getting past the Swans are pretty slim.

Bushwacka
29-01-2018, 03:27 PM
Live on BBC1, tv money for the club

£72k TV money for a 4th round replay. Stick it straight in the new striker pot. Or finally buy Glenn Roeder

countygump
29-01-2018, 03:53 PM
£72k TV money for a 4th round replay. Stick it straight in the new striker pot. Or finally buy Glenn Roeder

£150,000???

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/other-sport/notts-county-could-bank-150000-1134391

Bushwacka
29-01-2018, 04:00 PM
£150,000???

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/other-sport/notts-county-could-bank-150000-1134391

"But, more significantly, the game has given the club a financial boost, with the TV money alone worth £80,000.

Club sources predict that it will bring in £40,000 in sponsorship revenue, while they are expecting around £30,000 as a share of gate receipts."

Where we getting the sponsorship revenue from, thought the whole FA cup campaign had been sponsored by Billy Hills?

Anyway, £120k in the pot after VAT, get a new striker in, worry about his wages later.

Wedgie_pie
29-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Well being on TV might stop some Notts fans from going to see the wonders of Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

BigFatPie
29-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Blimey. F00k off EastEnders, record viewing figures for this one.

St Kitts Magpie
29-01-2018, 04:13 PM

very good. I like that one

Old_pie
29-01-2018, 04:58 PM

Or return me and me Dad's tenner apiece O:)

marky
29-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Reckon the BBC were impressed with Saturday and how they were treated so they're showing the replay hoping for another good game.

upthemaggies
29-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Very surprised but delighted we were chosen.

This means we will be one of the very first English clubs to be involved in a fixture using the Video Assisted Referee. England v Germany was the first in the UK in November, there's only been two that I know of since then, Brighton v Palace and Liverpool v WBA. Any others?

Personally I don't like VAR, I'd prefer to see it only used for red card decisions and not goals as it could seriously dampen celebrations if there's always the thought in the back of our minds that it will have to be reviewed first.
It can only be a matter of time before we have micro chipped boots and footballs that show exactly where players are on the pitch and AI can make an instant and much more accurate decision in regards to offsides.

SwalePie
29-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Where we getting the sponsorship revenue from, thought the whole FA cup campaign had been sponsored by Billy Hills?

The deal is probably tied to how far we progress, number of cup matches we play and whether televised.

nw6pie
29-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Very surprised but delighted we were chosen.

This means we will be one of the very first English clubs to be involved in a fixture using the Video Assisted Referee. England v Germany was the first in the UK in November, there's only been two that I know of since then, Brighton v Palace and Liverpool v WBA. Any others?

Personally I don't like VAR, I'd prefer to see it only used for red card decisions and not goals as it could seriously dampen celebrations if there's always the thought in the back of our minds that it will have to be reviewed first.
It can only be a matter of time before we have micro chipped boots and footballs that show exactly where players are on the pitch and AI can make an instant and much more accurate decision in regards to offsides.

Leicester v Fleetwood, where VAR was used to overturn an incorrect offside for Leicester’s second goal. And then the farce when Chelsea played Norwich and the Willian “penalty” wasn’t given.