PDA

View Full Version : Possible Solution

Arab87
29-01-2018, 03:23 PM
I have been thinking about this for a while for a possible solution to rid ST.

I have contacted the Arabtrust, the Fed, DUSF and will contact Fans United also. My idea is that all the fans groups merge as 1, even just as a temporary measure. The arabtrust are the 3rd largest shareholders in the club I believe, the FED are the largest supporter group in terms of members and DUSF have funds. I know many of the fans in the groups don't see eye to eye or share the same views or opinions, but as long as we're divided, ST will conquer.

A unity of all supporters groups as 1, with some of the DUSF's funds, we could buy more shares in the club and with the 3rd largest share in the club under the arabtrust, we could force the issue on ST and have greater strength in numbers.

ST will **** himself if we all come as 1. St Mirren did it, Hearts did it and Motherwell did it, we can do it.

Some will disagree with this idea but I will say to them, ST won't sell, potential buyers wont give him the amount he is asking for, the fans can be the trojan horse here and take control from within.

TerryTheTerror
29-01-2018, 03:36 PM
ST will **** himself if we all come as 1.

While I applaud the enthusiasm (this is something PortugueseFrank has been saying for ages BTW), why do you think the above would happen? Sorry to be a down-bringer but it's hard to see TBH. Ultimately, I think the only way this will happen is if some one/organisation buys his shares.

PortugueseFrank
29-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Everyone knows my position.

I'd suggest they merge permanently.

We need one group to represent the fans and be the ongoing guardian of the club's future.

Unlikely they'd be able to buy more shares in a small fashion as it might tip ST below 51%. You need board approval of all share purchases.

I'd be keen to hear from any fan group committee members on they views.

Are the differences so irreconcilable that one merged group couldn't happen for the greater good of the club?

Sutherland Arab
29-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Until a buyer is ever found ST must be forced to hand over the reins of running the club to someone who is competent and can take us in the right direction. Never been so disillusioned as a supporter.
Wish you the very best in at least getting an acknowledgment. Im very much an average Joe supporter but if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

PortugueseFrank
29-01-2018, 03:46 PM
While I applaud the enthusiasm (this is something PortugueseFrank has been saying for ages BTW), why do you think the above would happen? Sorry to be a down-bringer but it's hard to see TBH. Ultimately, I think the only way this will happen is if some one/organisation buys his shares.

He may face a very, very uncomfortable time if one strong group could work with other small shareholders to reach the magic 5% mark and call an EGM in which him and his board could face an entirely symbolic vote of confidence.

But it shouldn't be about getting overly personal about things.

It needs to be professional and about the club's future and not an exercise in laying into ST. As much as some would like to. That won't achieve anything other than make it seem petty in the court of public opinion.

Chick A Saw
29-01-2018, 03:46 PM

I dont know much about the various groups that are organized for whatever purpose, and although i agree with the sentiment, i do know that to get them all together will be one almighty feat!

PortugueseFrank
29-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Until a buyer is ever found ST must be forced to hand over the reins of running the club to someone who is competent and can take us in the right direction. Never been so disillusioned as a supporter.
Wish you the very best in at least getting an acknowledgment. Im very much an average Joe supporter but if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Every fan has a power they can exercise.

I believe that if every fan made clear to the multiple groups that we want one unified group to represent the interests of Dundee United supporters going forward then we might see enough of a groundswell for the respective committees put their individual interests aside.

We are at a crucial crossroads. This squad will drive fans away and our future depends on a strong support and a well run club.

If this isn't enough to pull the fan groups together then nothing will.

ahlltanyirhide
29-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Merging all the groups would not raise nearly enough finance to even make ST blink, it would be good for supporter moral, but even as one voice it wouldn’t be enough IMO. What we do have within our support are some successful businessmen and women, who individually, don’t have enough funds to buy out ST, but collectively they might do.

If, and it’s a huge if, someone could rally this group together they could possibly have enough about them to purchase a controlling stake in the club and at the very least, sideline ST, put him on gardening leave with a salary for a stipulated period, take over the running of the club with a commitment to purchase any remains shares from ST within the said period to allow the club to be free of him.

It would take someone with excellent business acumen to carry this through, but could be worth a shot?