PDA

View Full Version : Vank....

Ponte_Steve24
03-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Again!!! The emperor has no clothes. However, i've got a lucky 15 up.

animallittle3
03-02-2018, 05:11 PM
And away we go ..................

Acido
03-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Again!!! The emperor has no clothes. However, i've got a lucky 15 up.

Vot is all dis vank stuff Ponty, are you a bit upset ?. :P

Swazer16
03-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Very rarely criticise selection but we have to win games, playing two holding midfield players and a central mid on the wing was baffling.

We had real attacking threat on the bench, Mahoney, McBurnie, Hedges and Mallan, seemed we were very conservative trying not to lose the game but times running out and would rather us seeing going for the jugular!

animallittle3
03-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Very rarely criticise selection but we have to win games, playing two holding midfield players and a central mid on the wing was baffling.

We had real attacking threat on the bench, Mahoney, McBurnie, Hedges and Mallan, seemed we were very conservative trying not to lose the game but times running out and would rather us seeing going for the jugular!

Although he did set up 4-4-2 which kind of implies he was looking to win the game .

Acido
03-02-2018, 06:10 PM
I agree about the 2 up front and while we're still not doing any better than when we had just 1 up front, he keeps leaving himself open to question and criticism with his baffling choices in midfield and out wide.
We cant judge them too much on their first game, but Im interested to hear what Mills was like alongside Lindsay, and what McBurnie was like alongside Bradshaw. And what did we go with at the end when Mahoney came on for Pinniloss, was it 3-5-2 ?.

pass_and_move
03-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Heres an idea. Let's sack him just after hes signed a new contract, pay him art and get another blowk in to work under the same constraints as Hecky and start all over again. No doubt the new guy be hung out to dry after a few games by the perennial moaners ;D

We need stability and continuity to try and build a decent team and I know Hecky'll gerrit reight in the end. Hes here to stay. Deal with it and get behind him.

Acido
03-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Heres an idea. Let's sack him just after hes signed a new contract, pay him art and get another blowk in to work under the same constraints as Hecky and start all over again. No doubt the new guy be hung out to dry after a few games by the perennial moaners ;D
We need stability and continuity to try and build a decent team and I know Hecky'll gerrit reight in the end. Hes here to stay. Deal with it and get behind him.

This isnt a 'lets sack him just for the sake of it' thread though Pass, and its not even a 'lets sack him' thread at all actually.
It is a thread though where more and more fans now have had enough of seeing this happen way too often and the same questions keep getting asked about his choice of favourite players etc.
In case some fans hadnt noticed, we're fearing relegation back down to the dreaded Lg One where I hoped we'd seen the last of for a long time at least. I think we want better than that for our team and Id be the first to say Hecky does as well of course, but today his choice of favoured players has arguably cost us yet again and we're running out of games now where this can be allowed to go on for.

animallittle3
03-02-2018, 06:59 PM

Gior pass wi common sense will tha , it's saturday neet on TM and they must have their scapegoat to victimize .

pass_and_move
03-02-2018, 07:25 PM
This isnt a 'lets sack him just for the sake of it' thread though Pass, and its not even a 'lets sack him' thread at all actually.
It is a thread though where more and more fans now have had enough of seeing this happen way too often and the same questions keep getting asked about his choice of favourite players etc.
In case some fans hadnt noticed, we're fearing relegation back down to the dreaded Lg One where I hoped we'd seen the last of for a long time at least. I think we want better than that for our team and Id be the first to say Hecky does as well of course, but today his choice of favoured players has arguably cost us yet again and we're running out of games now where this can be allowed to go on for.

Funny how Heckys always the fall guy Acido. I was perusing the 'Davies dropped' thread and I quote you saying something along the lines of- "summer recruitment garbage and had relegation written all over it to be honest"

Now with all due respect mate would you perhaps care to elaborate on that and consider building your future criticisms with a more balanced outlook? The club/board/owners and head coach should take collective responsibility but everytime we lose its the same old, same old threads about Hecky on a Saturday night which to be frank can get tiresome.

I don't believe your crusade with anti Hecky posts/threads is gathering any serious momentum either. The majority of our supporters can see what's going on and the Hecky hecklers are in the minority. However, I respect everybody has a right to get things off their chest nar and ageeun but the debate must be carefully considered rather than the usual result based rants straight after a defeat.

pass_and_move
03-02-2018, 07:27 PM
No offence by the way mate :D

Acido
03-02-2018, 07:42 PM
No offence by the way mate :D

No offence taken at all there Pass, I appreciate it if you or anybody else makes the effort to write posts like that, so that it can be discussed 'sensibly'. :)
For a start Ive mentioned several things on here today that have concerned me, and some were before a ball was kicked admittedly. I fail to see this as yet another results based rant though because most of those concerns were down yet again to the players that the coach himself picked or rather didnt pick.
And whether they are getting tiresome or not, as Ive already told Animal they dont actually prove what Im saying is wrong/untrue do they ?. This is where our opinions will keep on differing of course.

Ohh and it might be a little old fashioned of me, but havent we always as fans given the manager/coach himself all the credit or criticism based on results. Its what fans at most other clubs do, so when did we as a set of fans stop doing this then ?.

animallittle3
03-02-2018, 08:04 PM
No offence taken at all there Pass, I appreciate it if you or anybody else makes the effort to write posts like that, so that it can be discussed 'sensibly'. :)
For a start Ive mentioned several things on here today that have concerned me, and some were before a ball was kicked admittedly. I fail to see this as yet another results based rant though because most of those concerns were down yet again to the players that the coach himself picked or rather didnt pick.
And whether they are getting tiresome or not, as Ive already told Animal they dont actually prove what Im saying is wrong/untrue do they ?. This is where our opinions will keep on differing of course.

Ohh and it might be a little old fashioned of me, but havent we always as fans given the manager/coach himself all the credit or criticism based on results. Its what fans at most other clubs do, so when did we as a set of fans stop doing this then ?.

So who played today then that shouldn't have in your opinion ?

pass_and_move
03-02-2018, 08:10 PM
And whether they are getting tiresome or not, as Ive already told Animal that wont change the way I post one little bit of course and they dont actually prove what Im saying is wrong/untrue do they ?. This is where our opinions will keep on differing of course.

It is possible to change your view on something though.

Hecky chucked in some of the new signings and set up with two strikers (something you wanted all season) and he still gets pelters. I think some of it is knee-jerk to another loss but again we must factor in the changes made. Mills and Pinillos started and its fair to suggest that they need bedding in as does Kieffer Moore and the other new guys. It wont happen over night. It's not like we've played poorly. I think we're close to turning things round. If we can start taking our chances then things will change

Acido
03-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Well why is he sticking with Bradshaw for a start, hes hopelessly out of form and confidence right now and whether Moore was playing any better than him at the time, wasnt the Moore & McBurnie partnership a better option ?.
Hes still putting a player like Moncur out on the wing, and even if he did do well there in the first half against Fulham, its not his recognised position is it. And when we had Mahoney as another option as well, I think that was a mistake.
And hes still going for two defensive minded midfielders in both Williams & Gardner, when we have surely one better attacking and creative option in Mallan, who has been messed about more than any of us can understand. And even more so today when they had a man sent off, he persisted with those two for too long.
And I keep mentioning and acknowledging as well that Im glad to see him stick with 2 up front. I know we're not getting totally outplayed and he cant help individual errors and ridiculous red cards either can he, that goes without saying.

And look at who scored against us today, it goes back again to whether we made enough effort to keep Scowen here. If we hadnt peed away a set amount of money on some of those signings in the summer (whoever was to blame for those poor signings), then surely we could have afforded that rise that Josh thought he was entitled to. But thats another subject altogether.

animallittle3
03-02-2018, 08:15 PM

So we have to follow all the other morons who want their manager out after a run of bad results do we ?

We don't stand back and look at the bigger picture then and factor in he's trying to keep a squad of league one and below players in the championship , players he doesn't always want and a budget amongst the lowest in the league .

The only thing he seems to have managed to have a say in is one 31 year old defender .

The club have chosen this path , they chose this method of recruitment , they decide the budget irrespective of what's sitting in the bank , they insist on the age restriction , they created the conditions that led to a total rebuild of the squad in one window .

But hey ho let's kick the head coach every saturday night because your old fashioned .

Pathetic .

EastStandRed
03-02-2018, 08:20 PM

When they changed the role from Football Manager to Head Coach maybe ?

Acido
03-02-2018, 08:24 PM
So we have to follow all the other morons who want their manager out after a run of bad results do we ? Pathetic .

Yep, going back to your glorious Keefy. We all did it then, or maybe you didnt actually. :D

animallittle3
03-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Well why is he sticking with Bradshaw for a start, hes hopelessly out of form and confidence right now and whether Moore was playing any better than him at the time, wasnt the Moore & McBurnie partnership a better option ?.
Hes still putting a player like Moncur out on the wing, and even if he did do well there in the first half against Fulham, its not his recognised position is it. And when we had Mahoney as another option as well, I think that was a mistake.
And hes still going for two defensive minded midfielders in both Williams & Gardner, when we have surely one better attacking and creative option in Mallan, who has been messed about more than any of us can understand. And even more so today when they had a man sent off, he persisted with those two for too long.

And look at who scored against us today, it goes back again to whether we made enough effort to keep Scowen here. If we hadnt peed away a set amount of money on some of those signings in the summer (whoever was to blame for those signings), then surely we could have afforded that rise that Josh thought he was entitled to. But thats another subject altogether.

And I keep mentioning and acknowledging as well that Im glad to see him stick with 2 up front. I know we're not getting totally outplayed and he cant help individual errors and ridiculous red cards either can he, that goes without saying.

Moncur was MOM today apparently , have you checked McBurnie's goal scoring record by the way ? , prolific he ain't .

Personally I think McBurnie and Bradshaw may turn out to be the better fit .

We will see of course .

EastStandRed
03-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Heckys not doing himself any favours though with selections I’ll admit that . Becoming a tinker man and trying to be too clever

animallittle3
03-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Yep, going back to your glorious Keefy. We all did it then, or maybe you didnt actually. :D

You know I remember a time on here when editing quotes to suit your agenda received a warning from the mods .

I understood Keef's position and what he had to work with and posted with that in mind .

Acido
03-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Moncur was MOM today apparently , have you checked McBurnie's goal scoring record by the way ? , prolific he ain't . Personally I think McBurnie and Bradshaw may turn out to be the better fit . We will see of course .

But its still NOT Moncur's correct position is it, and if given the choice I bet he doesnt want to be on the wing.
And I didnt bring McBurnie here by the way did I, but no I know hes not prolific and neither are any of our current players either. It just shows what a mess some people have put us in by thinking that this 'plan' will carry on working at this level.

I know thats definitely not down to Hecky and whoever was to blame for last summer, its their fault that it was absolutely garbage recruitment wise. I fully understand the idea that when you release players like Roberts, Winnall, Hourihane, Scowen, & Watkins, and replace them with unknown kids from the lower leagues and from some Premship reserve teams, and expect them to be good enough to keep us up at this level, well thats absolutely ridiculous naivety and like I said it had relegation written all over it. Whoever's idea this was and Im guessing it wasnt down to just one man, they are getting what they deserve now in what looks like certain relegation.

We as fans though are forced to accept it whether we like it or not, we didnt want this to happen and we have to pick up the pieces when it all ends up in Lg One. Rant over!!.

animallittle3
03-02-2018, 08:38 PM
Heckys not doing himself any favours though with selections I’ll admit that . Becoming a tinker man and trying to be too clever

I think if he could field a team he could trust every week he might not change so much , injuries haven't helped either .

Definitely got the top side of him this season ESR and the job he's had to do is proving a mammoth task and maybe beyond him .

I can't think of anybody we could realistically attract that it wouldn't be beyond in all honesty which is why I don't criticise him too much .

EastStandRed
03-02-2018, 08:45 PM
But its still NOT Moncur's correct position is it, and if given the choice I bet he doesnt want to be on the wing.
And I didnt bring McBurnie here by the way did I, but no I know hes not prolific and neither are any of our current players either. It just shows what a mess some people have put us in by thinking that this 'plan' will carry on working at this level.

I know thats definitely not down to Hecky and whoever was to blame for last summer, its their fault that it was absolutely garbage recruitment wise. I fully understand the idea that when you release players like Roberts, Winnall, Hourihane, Scowen, & Watkins, and replace them with unknown kids from the lower leagues and from some Premship reserve teams, and expect them to be good enough to keep us up at this level, well thats absolutely ridiculous naivety and like I said it had relegation written all over it. Whoever's idea this was and Im guessing it wasnt down to just one man, they are getting what they deserve now in what looks like certain relegation.

We as fans though are forced to accept it whether we like it or not, we didnt want this to happen and we have to pick up the pieces when it all ends up in Lg One. Rant over!!.

We barely won a game with Roberts , Scowen and Watkins in the team once Hourihane had left and Winnall. Hourihane was the glue that held that team together with Winnall scoring the goals usually laid on a plate by CH . None of those 3 would have made much difference to this season I don’t think , we’d have still been down where we are now.

EastStandRed
03-02-2018, 08:47 PM
I think if he could field a team he could trust every week he might not change so much , injuries haven't helped either .

Definitely got the top side of him this season ESR and the job he's had to do is proving a mammoth task and maybe beyond him .

I can't think of anybody we could realistically attract that it wouldn't be beyond in all honesty which is why I don't criticise him too much .

Agree you have to see the bigger picture , dropping Mallan today though was a mistake imo . I’d also had gone with one up top

animallittle3
03-02-2018, 09:07 PM
Agree you have to see the bigger picture , dropping Mallan today though was a mistake imo . I’d also had gone with one up top

Yeh possibly played Mallan and Moore up top on his own .

From what I've seen of McBurnie he's very good with the hold up play and bringing others into the game which is definitely something we've lacked .

I think Bradshaw would benefit greatly from this because whilst he's no super star he's still the best finisher at the club .

Acido
03-02-2018, 09:59 PM
We barely won a game with Roberts , Scowen and Watkins in the team once Hourihane had left and Winnall. Hourihane was the glue that held that team together with Winnall scoring the goals usually laid on a plate by CH . None of those 3 would have made much difference to this season I don’t think , we’d have still been down where we are now.

I wouldnt disagree with that about Hourihane Esr, but I think its also become clear how much we've missed both Winnall & Roberts this season as well. I just cant say what went wrong this time with MacDonald, whether it showed that Roberts was a good partner to play alongside Im not sure. But whether we disagreed with how Winnall left us, we've definitely missed his goals as well.
Is he still on loan at Derby by the way, and wont be coming back here with the Fowls next week ?.
And speaking of the injury problems we've had as a squad, thats been such a shame in Isgrove's first proper season here.

Exiletyke
03-02-2018, 10:11 PM

There are times when dropping a player is the right thing to do & from what I can gather dropping Davies was the right decision & I think he will know that but again from what i can gather based on his recent performances dropping Mallan was a mistake & I reckon Hecky must realise that. If he doesn't , he's a fool & some of his decisions give credence to that assertion
It must be totally demoralising having worked his way into the team for Mallan, & Hecky's judgment is once again brought into question
He should apologise to the lad if he's big enough

animallittle3
03-02-2018, 10:16 PM
I wouldnt disagree with that about Hourihane Esr, but I think its also become clear how much we've missed both Winnall & Roberts this season as well. I just cant say what went wrong this time with MacDonald, whether it showed that Roberts was a good partner to play alongside Im not sure. But whether we disagreed with how Winnall left us, we've definitely missed his goals as well.
Is he still on loan at Derby by the way, and wont be coming back here with the Fowls next week ?.
And speaking of the injury problems we've had as a squad, thats been such a shame in Isgrove's first proper season here.

There were a number of folk on here who slagged Winnall off when he was at the club .

Moody , uninterested and possibly not the greatest human being that's worn a red shirt .

I always stuck with him because goalscorers are like gold dust and he scored goals , not a great player but a great goalscorer .

I knew he would be a big loss because just how many players have we had that have hit the numbers he did , he was hitting a goal every two games here which is unprecedented unless your Harry Kane .

You can't coach what he had here , it's a gift and you either have it or you don't , the amount of scruffy goals he scored was unreal .

Hecky knew his worth which is why he put up with his character .

Wednesday are not right in the head loaning him out and sticking with Rhodes and co , aint got a clue .

Acido
03-02-2018, 10:26 PM
There were a number of folk on here who slagged Winnall off when he was at the club .
Moody , uninterested and possibly not the greatest human being that's worn a red shirt .
I always stuck with him because goalscorers are like gold dust and he scored goals , not a great player but a great goalscorer .
I knew he would be a big loss because just how many players have we had that have hit the numbers he did , he was hitting a goal every two games here which is unprecedented unless your Harry Kane .
You can't coach what he had here , it's a gift and you either have it or you don't , the amount of scruffy goals he scored was unreal . Hecky knew his worth which is why he put up with his character .
Wednesday are not right in the head loaning him out and sticking with Rhodes and co , aint got a clue .

Im not sure about that Animal, as to whether Winnall was slagged off by all and sundry on here.
But I do know he was quality in front of goal at times and we've desperately missed that knack of scoring since he left. Ok it was in Lg One but hes got that knack no doubt and Im shocked to see how the Fowls messed him about and whether he ends up leaving them this summer remains to be seen.
Whether he should have left in the disappointing way he did, and whether he should have behaved like he did at Oakwell after scoring against us, its still a tough one but Id like to see him back here again if we had the chance. :O

EastStandRed
04-02-2018, 12:40 AM
I wouldn’t , can’t stand the bloke

Acido
04-02-2018, 12:53 AM
I wouldn’t , can’t stand the bloke

Its a tough one Esr, and goals mean 'gold' to us dont they at the moment ?.
Thats the only reason as to why Id accept him back, but then again hes not got Connor supplying him again has he. Would he/Winnall have the same impact here after all without his former team mates from that time ?. :O