PDA

View Full Version : Head coaches not doing very well...

SwedishBaggie
03-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Ours this season that is.

Pulis:

12 2 4 6 9-18 10

Pardew:

12 1 5 6 9-16 8

Then, of course it's also about our worst PL squad this PL run (8th season)...

Championship next season!

:mad:

GLAWSTERBAGGIE
03-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Ours this season that is.

Pulis:

12 2 4 6 9-18 10

Pardew:

12 1 5 6 9-16 8

Then, of course it's also about our worst PL squad this PL run (8th season)...

Championship next season!

:mad:

Yep that sums it up perfectly swedish, you go down over a season not a game,

We are currently not good enough to stay in this division, nor are the other two teams above us.

I would add until we are mathamaticily down then there is still a chance we will stay up ,

Remember the great escape.

Coyb

Calgarybaggy
03-02-2018, 06:36 PM
I blame Pulis. You could see that he coached the skill and flair out of what is a pretty decent set out players. That's why we were so glad to see him go because you could see it in the players that they just were not having any fun. Maybe Pardue is not the man to rescue this but I think the damage is so ingrained that any manager would have trouble turning it around. You could see it in the players today - don't try the clever ball, don't try to be fancy, whatever you do don't pass the ball forward in case something bad happens, think about defending first, three passes back is better than one pass forward, if you are twenty five yards out try a speculative shot because you never know when we will be this far forward again, hoof it up, hope for a free kick or a corner, load the area with huge defenders and hoefully one will go in and we can hold on. Its no wonder they cant pass any more, they haven't had to pass for three years.

boingy
03-02-2018, 07:07 PM
I blame Pulis. You could see that he coached the skill and flair out of what is a pretty decent set out players. That's why we were so glad to see him go because you could see it in the players that they just were not having any fun. Maybe Pardue is not the man to rescue this but I think the damage is so ingrained that any manager would have trouble turning it around. You could see it in the players today - don't try the clever ball, don't try to be fancy, whatever you do don't pass the ball forward in case something bad happens, think about defending first, three passes back is better than one pass forward, if you are twenty five yards out try a speculative shot because you never know when we will be this far forward again, hoof it up, hope for a free kick or a corner, load the area with huge defenders and hoefully one will go in and we can hold on. Its no wonder they cant pass any more, they haven't had to pass for three years.

You cant blame Pulis. He stabilised the club then had a bad run with a group of players who let him down. Would we be bottom now if we had Pulis? We dont know. Was Pardew the answer? we dont know. We had some great results with Pulis and some not so great ones. We go to Chelsea next week...Under Pulis they just beat us in the last few minutes...same with Arsenal. We also beat Chelsea and Arsenal at home under Pulis 3 goals from us in both games. We beat United away under Pulis, I could go on. His time had come and it was time for him to go but really can you keep blaming someone who did a lot for this club? If you didnt like him fine, but to keep blaming Pulis is a bit off the mark methinks.

regis80
03-02-2018, 07:35 PM
You cant blame Pulis. He stabilised the club then had a bad run with a group of players who let him down. Would we be bottom now if we had Pulis? We dont know. Was Pardew the answer? we dont know. We had some great results with Pulis and some not so great ones. We go to Chelsea next week...Under Pulis they just beat us in the last few minutes...same with Arsenal. We also beat Chelsea and Arsenal at home under Pulis 3 goals from us in both games. We beat United away under Pulis, I could go on. His time had come and it was time for him to go but really can you keep blaming someone who did a lot for this club? If you didnt like him fine, but to keep blaming Pulis is a bit off the mark methinks.

Holy crap... Pulis stabilized the club? are you for real ffs. You are waiting to pounce aren’t you when we lose and we blame pulis. Pulis is to blame, seriously get rid of those rose tinted specs you seemed to wear when pulis was in charge. It is Pulis that got us in this mess in the first place. The number of games early on in the season and how he approached those games are the very reason why we are in the mess right now. If we go down it will all come back to Pulis for not picking up crucial points earlier on in the season. Are you getting some kick by coming on here to say ‘I told you so’?

BaggieBlood
03-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Got to agree it's all totally pulis's fault.

Pardew's 6 wins in a calender year before his best man hammond rescued him from the scrap heap with a plump 2 and half year contract has nothing to do with our current predicament, and is all pulis's fault.

How swansea managed to take a educated gamble on the previously untested carvahal, whilst we went for the busted flush was pulis's fault.

That terrible winter and us not having undersoil heating must have been pulis's fault.

That relegation under Gould must be pulis's fault.

Jason Roberts constantly breaking his foot in our promotion year was due to Pulis stamping on it everytime it got better, the evil b astard.

We must all remember that for the rest of our lives pulis is the devil and will be to blame for every puncture, tax bill or any other dog sh!t luck that you have.

Every cup win is due to pardew's brilliant, expansive football, but then the boogie man pulis enters the players minds whilst they sleep to coach all the skills learnt under the genius pardew out of their game, ready for the next p !ss poor league performance.

For as long as we live we must blame pulis for everything that ever goes wrong.

Fooooking pulis, i forgot to buy my lottery ticket and my numbers came up.

Calgarybaggy
03-02-2018, 08:51 PM

Pardew's 6 wins in a calender year before his best man hammond rescued him from the scrap heap with a plump 2 and half year contract has nothing to do with our current predicament, and is all pulis's fault.

How swansea managed to take a educated gamble on the previously untested carvahal, whilst we went for the busted flush was pulis's fault.

That terrible winter and us not having undersoil heating must have been pulis's fault.

Jason Roberts constantly breaking his foot in our promotion year was due to Pulis stamping on it everytime it got better, the evil b astard.

We must all remember that for the rest of our lives pulis is the devil and will be to blame for every puncture, tax bill or any other dog sh!t luck that you have.

Every cup win is due to pardew's brilliant, expansive football, but then the boogie man pulis enters the players minds whilst they sleep to coach all the skills learnt under the genius pardew out of their game, ready for the next p !ss poor league performance.

Now you're being silly. Credit where credit is due, Pulis took us from being in a difficult situation and put us into better shape, but he did it by playing such mind numbing negative tactics that I really believe he achieved what he did by ripping the heart out of the players and scaring them into playing in a way that was zero risk but unbelievably dull to watch. By the time the wheels started falling off, we were stuck with awful football, bad results and zero player morale. It became depressing to watch us play because you knew there was never going to be any attacking intent and even if we took the lead, instead of hanging on to it for dear life, we were giving up late goals and not getting any results. You could see it in the players eyes that they knew it wasn't working anymore. That is one hundred percent Pulis fault. If Pulis had stayed, I doubt we would have as many points as we do now because we were going from snatching occasional victories and drawing a lot of games to never ever winning, getting the odd draw and snatching defeats. Anyone could see that things were getting worse.
Pardue may not be the answer but he has definitely improved the quality of the football and he is trying hard to restore their morale. It not easy to rehabilitate a beaten dog but its starting to work because we would never have played as well as we did at Anfield last week with Pulis in charge. Had we been lucky enough to get the tying goal at Anfield (which we wouldn't because he never allowed his players to play that kind of football), Pulis would have made the players park the bus and hope to hang on for a replay at the Hawthorns where he would have done exactly the same thing again. Today was admittedly a set back for the players morale but at least there are glimmers of hope. The players had lost hope under Pulis and that for me is the biggest possible indictment of a manager.
I don't care if you are Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough or Pep Guardiola, if the players lose hope, its over and the manager has to shoulder most of the fault for that. Case in point, when we went 2-1 up at Old Trafford with 20 minutes left during the Moyes era, you could tell the United players didn't believe they were going to get the goal back. Under Ferguson, if you went 2-1 up against united with 20 minutes to play, you would hope that you could hang on for a draw because you knew Man United would score before the end, probably at least twice. Moyes biggest problem at united was that the players lost hope.
So things are definitely better under Pardue but perhaps not by enough to save us this year unless we can start producing better results and soon.
I am not saying Pulis is evil and I am not saying Pulis never did anything good for us and I am not saying Pulis does not have his good points. But this anger against Pulis is well founded. Pulis definitely put us in this mess and he was not going to get us out of it. Pardue might not either, but at least there's a bit of hope now.

Johnny on the spot 1
03-02-2018, 08:57 PM

How the F u c k can anybody blame Pardew the players he inherited are s h i t or to old , & if the owner wouldn't give him money to change the squad what does anybody expect him to do , its pulis last season thats done the damage 15 MILLIONS for Burke what a joke i think Chadli trying his hardest no to get fit , Phillips a one season wonder , Nyom naver had it , same for HRK McClean Barry to old but still decent , Yacob McAuley finished Morrison who knows , dont really leave a lot left to chew over ,

BaggieBlood
03-02-2018, 08:59 PM
No disrespect calgary, and you may spell it like that in canada, but the pr!ck's name is pardew.

And what is long overDUE, is his bounce.

Calgarybaggy
03-02-2018, 09:10 PM
No disrespect calgary, and you may spell it like that in canada, but the pr!ck's name is pardew.

And what is long overDUE, is his bounce.

Ahh, the battle cry of the intellectually defeated : You made a spelling error. (Actually, it was Pulis' fault.)
But your right, there's been no bounce. Could it be that Pulls left things in even worse shape than we thought?

baggieal
03-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Ahh, the battle cry of the intellectually defeated : You made a spelling error. (Actually, it was Pulis' fault.)
But your right, there's been no bounce. Could it be that Pulls left things in even worse shape than we thought?

Blaming Pulis now is fecking stupid. Will Pulis still be blamed when we are in the championship. Pardew or the Board could have brought in players up until the 31st Jan but they chose not to do so, but gambled yet again on a croc who is unfit and not played. It was not Pulis that dropped the best performing player of late ( Jay ) and still thinks Rondon is the bees knees and played him instead!

The football may be a bit more fancy, but it's points, points and more points we need. Pardew also blamed us being second best for covering so much ground at Man City - why the feck did he not play the reserves then the complete tool when it was quite obvious we would get beat regardless and protected the best players to be fresh for what was a must win game today!!!!

Who gives a flying feck about the FA Cup - so like the stupid comment about Man City - play the reserves and keep the players fresh and injury free to try and stay in the premiership. Going into the championship will be a disaster so should be points at all cost!!!!!

So in summary, the football has improved but points on table have not!!!

Newcy Wolf
03-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Wow.
Bullying d1ckheads are like buses.

Not a sniff for ages then two turn up at the same time.

Weird how the said forum spoilers tend to turn up when things are going particularly bad.

Expect a downward social trend.

BaggieBlood
03-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Calgary you have defeated me intellectually, congratglrtioms.

It is something, i will learn to live with, i am sure.

But you're (not your) right pardue is brilliant and we should be all thanking God we managed to attract an unemployed (for over a year) manager with a "paltry" 30 month contract, after he managed the remarkable feat of 6 wins in a calender year after spending £32m on benteke and millions more on Townsend and Cabaye.

We are truly blessed.

Let's all meet up at midnight and burn an effigy of Pulis outside the Brummie road, before erecting a statue for managerial genius pardew.

goodlordmurphy
04-02-2018, 08:38 AM
This is the situation I predicted would come about when Pulis was letting nearly all the 'flair' leave the club ages ago. No one in the club seems able to look beyond the pale.

Whicka_Mon
04-02-2018, 08:49 AM
I see the empty can has turned up again. Who would have predicted that?

goodlordmurphy
04-02-2018, 08:52 AM
Now you're being silly. Credit where credit is due, Pulis took us from being in a difficult situation and put us into better shape, but he did it by playing such mind numbing negative tactics that I really believe he achieved what he did by ripping the heart out of the players and scaring them into playing in a way that was zero risk but unbelievably dull to watch. By the time the wheels started falling off, we were stuck with awful football, bad results and zero player morale. It became depressing to watch us play because you knew there was never going to be any attacking intent and even if we took the lead, instead of hanging on to it for dear life, we were giving up late goals and not getting any results. You could see it in the players eyes that they knew it wasn't working anymore. That is one hundred percent Pulis fault. If Pulis had stayed, I doubt we would have as many points as we do now because we were going from snatching occasional victories and drawing a lot of games to never ever winning, getting the odd draw and snatching defeats. Anyone could see that things were getting worse.
Pardue may not be the answer but he has definitely improved the quality of the football and he is trying hard to restore their morale. It not easy to rehabilitate a beaten dog but its starting to work because we would never have played as well as we did at Anfield last week with Pulis in charge. Had we been lucky enough to get the tying goal at Anfield (which we wouldn't because he never allowed his players to play that kind of football), Pulis would have made the players park the bus and hope to hang on for a replay at the Hawthorns where he would have done exactly the same thing again. Today was admittedly a set back for the players morale but at least there are glimmers of hope. The players had lost hope under Pulis and that for me is the biggest possible indictment of a manager.
I don't care if you are Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough or Pep Guardiola, if the players lose hope, its over and the manager has to shoulder most of the fault for that. Case in point, when we went 2-1 up at Old Trafford with 20 minutes left during the Moyes era, you could tell the United players didn't believe they were going to get the goal back. Under Ferguson, if you went 2-1 up against united with 20 minutes to play, you would hope that you could hang on for a draw because you knew Man United would score before the end, probably at least twice. Moyes biggest problem at united was that the players lost hope.
So things are definitely better under Pardue but perhaps not by enough to save us this year unless we can start producing better results and soon.
I am not saying Pulis is evil and I am not saying Pulis never did anything good for us and I am not saying Pulis does not have his good points. But this anger against Pulis is well founded. Pulis definitely put us in this mess and he was not going to get us out of it. Pardue might not either, but at least there's a bit of hope now.

There did seem to be hope with the better football being played, but after conceding to City and now playing the expensive piece of crap that is Sturridge and leaving out a goal scorer that just hit form, I'm not too sure there is enough difference between the two to stay up.

Leicesterbaggie
04-02-2018, 09:25 AM
Correct on one point glm, I thought it was a big mistake playing Sturridge in front of Rodrigues.

Whicka_Mon
04-02-2018, 09:47 AM
Correct on one point glm, I thought it was a big mistake playing Sturridge in front of Rodrigues.

No the mistake was playing Rondon in front of Rodriguez.
He was atrocious again yesterday. His goal was a complete fluke he headed it against his own shoulder. The bloke is a coward. His entire repertoire is waiting the ball to come to him then flinging himself to the ground. Waste of space. I wouldn't pay him in piss.

goodlordmurphy
04-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Blaming Pulis now is fecking stupid. Will Pulis still be blamed when we are in the championship. Pardew or the Board could have brought in players up until the 31st Jan but they chose not to do so, but gambled yet again on a croc who is unfit and not played. It was not Pulis that dropped the best performing player of late ( Jay ) and still thinks Rondon is the bees knees and played him instead!

The football may be a bit more fancy, but it's points, points and more points we need. Pardew also blamed us being second best for covering so much ground at Man City - why the feck did he not play the reserves then the complete tool when it was quite obvious we would get beat regardless and protected the best players to be fresh for what was a must win game today!!!!

Who gives a flying feck about the FA Cup - so like the stupid comment about Man City - play the reserves and keep the players fresh and injury free to try and stay in the premiership. Going into the championship will be a disaster so should be points at all cost!!!!!

So in summary, the football has improved but points on table have not!!!

Got to agree with most of that Al...they had a window and abused the opportunity. Everyone always reckons winning breeds winning after trashing Liverpool (see we can play a bit) he then concedes the league match versus Citeh and as you say leaves the man in form on the bench when it's goals we need. Sturridge wanted game time to up his chances of an England spot...on yesterdays performance...not a snowball in hell's chance.

goodlordmurphy
04-02-2018, 10:51 AM
No the mistake was playing Rondon in front of Rodriguez.
He was atrocious again yesterday. His goal was a complete fluke he headed it against his own shoulder. The bloke is a coward. His entire repertoire is waiting the ball to come to him then flinging himself to the ground. Waste of space. I wouldn't pay him in piss.

Always raises a smile Whicka when you post regarding Rondon...my son made a comment after Rondon was sitting on his bum yesterday he remarked the tallest falls are in Venezuella...:)

Whicka_Mon
04-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Always raises a smile Whicka when you post regarding Rondon...my son made a comment after Rondon was sitting on his bum yesterday he remarked the tallest falls are in Venezuella...:)
Ha ha
He aggravates me mate. On the day we celebrated a great number 9 . He is everything Cyrille wasn't.

goodlordmurphy
04-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Ha ha
He aggravates me mate. On the day we celebrated a great number 9 . He is everything Cyrille wasn't.

Yes I know what you mean Whicka...the thing that annoys me is that while he is on his arriss he has no chance for the ref to play advantage and more often not he doesn't get the free kick now.

On a lighter note it was nice to see 'the wand' creating a couple of goals.

SwedishBaggie
04-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Still blaming Pulis is, in my humble opinion and not disrespecting others, just ridiculous. We should have got rid of Pulis after last season, but we didn’t, so who is to blame? Do head coaches/managers appoint themselves, extend contracts all by themselves etc. Of course they don’t!

Seasoned professional footballers should of course be able to adopt to different styles, approaches, systems, tactics etc from different managers! Other squads that have changed managers seem to do, ours seem not to.

Saying that nothing was good with Pulis is, to say the least, very one eyed. Without him we would have been in the Championship sooner than we now will, next season.

Yet another transfer window wasted, Pulis’s fault, you’re having a laugh.

goodlordmurphy
04-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Still blaming Pulis is, in my humble opinion and not disrespecting others, just ridiculous. We should have got rid of Pulis after last season, but we didn’t, so who is to blame? Do head coaches/managers appoint themselves, extend contracts all by themselves etc. Of course they don’t!

Seasoned professional footballers should of course be able to adopt to different styles, approaches, systems, tactics etc from different managers! Other squads that have changed managers seem to do, ours seem not to.

Saying that nothing was good with Pulis is, to say the least, very one eyed. Without him we would have been in the Championship sooner than we now will, next season.

Yet another transfer window wasted, Pulis’s fault, you’re having a laugh.

Blame Pulis only to a diminishing percent, as was mentioned in a previous post and again here, a window wasted and misused to be honest I for one am getting fed up with the amount of windows that have slipped by without much action until the last couple of days when we are left with hobson's choice...take the crap or leave it, invariably we take it.

While Pulis was not my favourite man at the Hawthorns he did have a handful of games where he had the perfect balanced team and handed out a few defeats to good sides but then he would dismantle the balance...a bit like Pardew did against City and then didn't put it back together versus Southampton...so I reiterate there is not enough difference between the two to give me any confidence of staying in the premiership.

Oh incidentally I wanted the Nigel Pearson/Craig Shakespeare combo rather than the Pardew/Carver set up..just saying like...:)

Whicka_Mon
04-02-2018, 01:15 PM
So time softens everyone's view. Bit like Maggie Thatcher really ay it?
The only support a football club owner/chairman can give its manager is finances. Pardew has had none. No support whatsoever. So how anyone can blame Pardew is beyond belief.
That rabble of a playing squad was left by the previous idiot who took three years to assemble it. And in assembling it he wasted every bit of money we had. He started with Macmanaman and ended with Burke. There's £20m alone.
Bit like spending all your wifes housekeeping then blaming her that there is nothing in the fridge.

The root cause of this current predicament this club is in is Tony Pulis. No doubt in that whatsoever.

SwedishBaggie
04-02-2018, 01:41 PM
The only support a football club owner/chairman can give its manager is finances. Pardew has had none. No support whatsoever. So how anyone can blame Pardew is beyond belief.
That rabble of a playing squad was left by the previous idiot who took three years to assemble it. And in assembling it he wasted every bit of money we had. He started with Macmanaman and ended with Burke. There's £20m alone.
Bit like spending all your wifes housekeeping then blaming her that there is nothing in the fridge.

The root cause of this current predicament this club is in is Tony Pulis. No doubt in that whatsoever.

The owner/chairman/board could hire/not hire, extend contract/not extend contract, terminate contract/not terminate contract of specific head coaches/managers, so who is to blame? I, myself, can’t understand why that question is so difficult to answer?

I have never been very impressed by Pardew in the past, cv, pedigree, results achieved, and also as a person - I really hope to be convinced of the opposite of my previous sentiments about him, so far, nothing has changed.

Whicka_Mon
04-02-2018, 01:56 PM
The owner/chairman/board could hire/not hire, extend contract/not extend contract, terminate contract/not terminate contract of specific head coaches/managers, so who is to blame? I, myself, can’t understand why that question is so difficult to answer?

I have never been very impressed by Pardew in the past, cv, pedigree, results achieved, and also as a person - I really hope to be convinced of the opposite of my previous sentiments about him, so far, nothing has changed.
I've told you who is to blame. Tony Pulis. I have no difficulty in answering that question.
More money than any other manager in our history and has wasted the lot from day one. Sucked the soul out of the club. Infected it with his nothing football and defeatist attitude.
Hope that clears that up.

SwedishBaggie
04-02-2018, 02:00 PM
I've told you who is to blame. Tony Pulis. I have no difficulty in answering that question.
More money than any other manager in our history and has wasted the lot from day one. Sucked the soul out of the club. Infected it with his nothing football and defeatist attitude.
Hope that clears that up.

No, not really - but I assume that people appointing head coaches/managers never have responsibility in your world.

Leicesterbaggie
04-02-2018, 02:05 PM
I can't understand why Pardew is being blamed for his selection for yesterday's game, except as I've already stated, Sturridge for Rodrigues. From our squad he was missing Evans, Gibbs, Krychowiak, Livermore, Chadli, Morrison, perhaps even Rodrigues wasn't up to full speed. I'm convinced that if we had put the side out that beat Brighton we would have won. Let's hope we can get the majority of these players back as soon as possible.

goodlordmurphy
04-02-2018, 02:05 PM

I made a lot of money when Maggie Thatcher was in power...helluver defender she wasn't for turning...I agree with the signings being mega crap with Burke being the latest one and turning out that he is Burke by name and by nature.

I said in a different post about Pardew only doing well for so long then he either loses interest or gets bored and tails off, saying he will have to be supported by the fans and mostly by the board...mainly it's because of the reasons that you put regarding owners and the board he doesn't seem to have had that in the past and it's imperative he gets it now.

I saw on another thread someone mention credit where credit is due...versus Liverpool all credit due...a great performance...come City back to the bad times of a dismantled side and conceding the game with good players sitting on the bench. There were 6 set pieces in the first half and 'the wand' was on the bench...after yesterdays two goal assists...pissed of is not the word...I don't like to be left wondering would he wouldn't he, Brunty has been doing it for so long I'd rather think he would...the City defence are not so hot under pressure. More angst with Burnley getting a draw with them yesterday.

Until he gets a few more players of his own choosing, and let's face it he should not be accepting everything our useless board throws at him, it is with a diminishing percentage that I judge him on just on the time basis.

12million quid for your man Rondon...senseless when you can pick up in form strikers elsewhere for less than 5mil. so yes a big percentage still remains in Pulis court.

boingy
04-02-2018, 02:13 PM
Holy crap... Pulis stabilized the club? are you for real ffs. You are waiting to pounce aren’t you when we lose and we blame pulis. Pulis is to blame, seriously get rid of those rose tinted specs you seemed to wear when pulis was in charge. It is Pulis that got us in this mess in the first place. The number of games early on in the season and how he approached those games are the very reason why we are in the mess right now. If we go down it will all come back to Pulis for not picking up crucial points earlier on in the season. Are you getting some kick by coming on here to say ‘I told you so’?

Way off the Mark Regis sorry. I wont just listen to a bloke being trashed when he has done good for the club. He had to go when he did. Should I have put that last sentence in capitals to show that I am not a Pulis lover? Time to lay off the guy. Its Pardews watch now. Pulis gave us a defence when we hadnt had one for YEARS. Have the grace to give credit where it was due. He messed up when he didnt get the forward line sorted. He's gone now. Maybe I should thank Atkinson for us knocking Liverpool out of the cup. Let it go.

goodlordmurphy
04-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Way off the Mark Regis sorry. I wont just listen to a bloke being trashed when he has done good for the club. He had to go when he did. Should I have put that last sentence in capitals to show that I am not a Pulis lover? Time to lay off the guy. Its Pardews watch now. Pulis gave us a defence when we hadnt had one for YEARS. Have the grace to give credit where it was due. He messed up when he didnt get the forward line sorted. He's gone now. Maybe I should thank Atkinson for us knocking Liverpool out of the cup. Let it go.

I agree that Pulis gave us a defence...brilliant mathematician no other manager I've known at baggies could get us a 9 man back 5.

Whicka_Mon
04-02-2018, 02:37 PM
No, not really - but I assume that people appointing head coaches/managers never have responsibility in your world.

Ah I didn't give the answer you wanted. Sorry.
Pulis fault whether you want to hear that or not.
In any form of business there is a tier of management.
If you like Pulis was in control of the "shop floor" Even though his superiors gave him the tools required to do the job (money) the shop floor was not performing or delivering results. That is his responsibility nobody elses.
Of course senior management acted and gave him the boot. About a year and half late in my opinion but they acted.
Now if senior management have. appointed the wrong man that is their fault. But that wasn't the question you asked

Whicka_Mon
04-02-2018, 02:40 PM
I made a lot of money when Maggie Thatcher was in power...helluver defender she wasn't for turning...I agree with the signings being mega crap with Burke being the latest one and turning out that he is Burke by name and by nature.

I said in a different post about Pardew only doing well for so long then he either loses interest or gets bored and tails off, saying he will have to be supported by the fans and mostly by the board...mainly it's because of the reasons that you put regarding owners and the board he doesn't seem to have had that in the past and it's imperative he gets it now.

I saw on another thread someone mention credit where credit is due...versus Liverpool all credit due...a great performance...come City back to the bad times of a dismantled side and conceding the game with good players sitting on the bench. There were 6 set pieces in the first half and 'the wand' was on the bench...after yesterdays two goal assists...pissed of is not the word...I don't like to be left wondering would he wouldn't he, Brunty has been doing it for so long I'd rather think he would...the City defence are not so hot under pressure. More angst with Burnley getting a draw with them yesterday.

Until he gets a few more players of his own choosing, and let's face it he should not be accepting everything our useless board throws at him, it is with a diminishing percentage that I judge him on just on the time basis.

12million quid for your man Rondon...senseless when you can pick up in form strikers elsewhere for less than 5mil. so yes a big percentage still remains in Pulis court.
Fair points mate.

SwedishBaggie
04-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Ah I didn't give the answer you wanted. Sorry.
Pulis fault whether you want to hear that or not.
In any form of business there is a tier of management.
If you like Pulis was in control of the "shop floor" Even though his superiors gave him the tools required to do the job (money) the shop floor was not performing or delivering results. That is his responsibility nobody elses.
Of course senior management acted and gave him the boot. About a year and half late in my opinion but they acted.
Now if senior management have. appointed the wrong man that is their fault. But that wasn't the question you asked

So Pulis was the right man to be appointed, by senior management?

And, then senior management continued to act without mistakes by waiting 18 months too long to terminate?

There must be some language confusion involved here?

goodlordmurphy
04-02-2018, 03:27 PM

And, then senior management continued to act without mistakes by waiting 18 months too long to terminate?

Pulis was appointed as a last ditch option...our lazy board never and I do mean never have anything in place for a quick turnaround of staff...players or backroom boys.

SwedishBaggie
04-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Pulis was appointed as a last ditch option...our lazy board never and I do mean never have anything in place for a quick turnaround of staff...players or backroom boys.

Exactly my point glm, and thus where responsibility should be placed.

Whicka_Mon
04-02-2018, 03:44 PM

No confusion. You want me to blame the owners/chairman etc. . Who I might add have changed during the anti coach's time. But I won't..
You can't accept that I think the mess we are in is down to Pulis.
So what do you want me to do? Agree with you?

Whicka_Mon
04-02-2018, 03:48 PM

No he wasn't. He was not available when Irvine was appointed. Irvine was sacked to make way for Pulis. In the same way RDM was sacked to make way for Hodgson.

Prando
04-02-2018, 04:18 PM
I have remained consistent with my views, albeit simple, regarding manager/head coach changes. A mid season dismissal is extremely precarious, unless there is an undoubtedly better prospect in the waiting. (e.g. the Hodgson appointment)
The football is undoubtedly better with Pardew, and I favour that. But, do we have more points than we would have had, under Pulis ?
Yes I prefer Pardew to TP, but I would not have changed mid season, relying on the “new manager filip”

baggieal
04-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Got to agree with most of that Al...they had a window and abused the opportunity. Everyone always reckons winning breeds winning after trashing Liverpool (see we can play a bit) he then concedes the league match versus Citeh and as you say leaves the man in form on the bench when it's goals we need. Sturridge wanted game time to up his chances of an England spot...on yesterdays performance...not a snowball in hell's chance.

Not only did they miss the opportunity there was more money coming in from selling a promising youngster than funding a player who is a croc and hardly had any game time. Whose fault is this - the Board or Pardew?

BaggieBlood
04-02-2018, 04:57 PM
The pr!ck didn't himself Al when it came to generating his own funds due to ffp by rejecting an £8m bid from direby for the useless McLean.
Apparently we could have bought 2 in form strikers by adding a couple of millions More.

Albionic68
04-02-2018, 05:29 PM
The pr!ck didn't himself Al when it came to generating his own funds due to ffp by rejecting an £8m bid from direby for the useless McLean.
Apparently we could have bought 2 in form strikers by adding a couple of millions More.

Don't get much for your money these days Blood, the mind boggles at the thought of who they'd have brought in :D .

http://i66.tinypic.com/33pdpcn.jpg

And by the looks of it neither of these would have been able to fill in at left back if required >;) .

baggieal
04-02-2018, 05:45 PM

Totally agree Blood together with getting shot of Rondon! Then again, Pardew thinks Rondon is the next Sanchez especially as our best player of late was dropped. Why oh why, did Pardew not play the fringe players against City to keep legs fresh for Saints!!! We will most likely play a full strength team in the FA Cup match which is meaningless compared to staying in the Premiership and be second best against Huddersfield the week after.

Then again - blame Pulis! Must have been Pulis that made the decision to put Jay R on the bench on Saturday!

PS - it would not have been Pulis's team had Pardew/Board showed some ambition last week and there's more money in the till now with a good youngster going than a huge gamble coming in who may or may not be fit or get another injury! You reap what you feckin sow.........

SwedishBaggie
04-02-2018, 05:46 PM
No confusion. You want me to blame the owners/chairman etc. . Who I might add have changed during the anti coach's time. But I won't..
You can't accept that I think the mess we are in is down to Pulis.
So what do you want me to do? Agree with you?

I couldn’t care less who you blame, I just state my opinions (I think I mentioned the words ”In my humble opinion and not disrespecting others” in an early post). We can’t all be omniscient, can we? 😎

GLAWSTERBAGGIE
04-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Maybe the thread should say " head coach not doing so well " ?

Prando
04-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Don't get much for your money these days Blood, the mind boggles at the thought of who they'd have brought in :D .

http://i66.tinypic.com/33pdpcn.jpg

And by the looks of it neither of these would have been able to fill in at left back if required >;) .

If only Albionic buddy........

http://i68.tinypic.com/11gkmyo.jpg

Whicka_Mon
04-02-2018, 06:35 PM
I couldn’t care less who you blame, I just state my opinions (I think I mentioned the words ”In my humble opinion and not disrespecting others” in an early post). We can’t all be omniscient, can we? 😎

Ha ha OK mate. Good debate though
Apologies if I came across disrespectful

SwedishBaggie
04-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Ha ha OK mate. Good debate though
Apologies if I came across disrespectful

No worries mate, as you said, good debate. 😊

Albionic68
05-02-2018, 01:07 AM
You do post some b@ll@cks though Thomas, see you at Palace hopefully ya whinging bloody tourist :D >;) .

DO NOT wear a half and half scarf though as there's a special place in Valhalla for Scandinavians/tourists/nouveau's who do..... :p >;) .

Oh for the option of more smiley emoticons........ cracking site downgrade this ay it.........?

BaggieBlood
05-02-2018, 02:23 AM
The biggest mass debater of all tried to ruin another thread, but well done to SB and BA for not letting him ruin another thread.

Whicka_Mon
05-02-2018, 07:56 AM
The biggest mass debater of all tried to ruin another thread, but well done to SB and BA for not letting him ruin another thread.
And here speaks an idiot who knows precisely what it takes to ruin a thread. Don't stick your nose in nobody was talking to you.

BaggieBlood
05-02-2018, 10:44 AM
I was referring to the Dingle bullsh!tter you know nothing bell end.

Whicka_Mon
05-02-2018, 11:13 AM
I was referring to the Dingle bullsh!tter you know nothing bell end.
Hahahaha
You could surely see how I thought you was on about me as it was me who was talking to Swedish. You need to be more specific with your insults mate. As I ay clever enough to distinguish.

talkSAFT
05-02-2018, 01:37 PM
I wondered how long before you sneaked back on the board, BaggieAl. You've had a miserable couple of weeks while the proper fans have been smiling. (I thought perhaps you'd changed allegiance to Middlesbough....or Villa). >;)

SwedishBaggie
05-02-2018, 04:37 PM
You do post some b@ll@cks though Thomas, see you at Palace hopefully ya whinging bloody tourist

DO NOT wear a half and half scarf though as there's a special place in Valhalla for Scandinavians/tourists/nouveau's who do.....

Oh for the option of more smiley emoticons........ cracking site downgrade this ay it.........?

Well, there's a thought - I do have an old Palace scarf somewhere since I collected football memorabilia when young. Maybe a D I Y project with a pair of scissors, sewing equipment etc... B)

That was as good a rant as they get Danny, at 2:07 am (maybe 1:07 am at yours), the question is late Sunday or early Monday, and with or without some beers!? XD>;)

goodlordmurphy
05-02-2018, 05:09 PM
As the thread is titled Head Coaches not doing too well, I thought I would have a look at Middlesbrough's progress, I found what I predicted would happen...stagnation.

Albionic68
05-02-2018, 05:12 PM
Well, there's a thought - I do have an old Palace scarf somewhere since I collected football memorabilia when young. Maybe a D I Y project with a pair of scissors, sewing equipment etc... B)

That was as good a rant as they get Danny, at 2:07 am (maybe 1:07 am at yours), the question is late Sunday or early Monday, and with or without some beers!?

When you were younger? Didn't know they sold Palace scarves in Sweden back then Thomas.

Don't suppose you followed the London clubs when you first came over and broadened your horizons with other teams as you journeyed further north by any chance?

After all, I know you've been a regular visitor to Craven Cottage over the years >;) .

As for the 'rant' re FA Cup or Prem' it wasn't a rant, just a couple of points I disagreed on and no I hadn't been drinking.

Did your mates son get what he needed from the survey or would he like me to expand on a couple of points?

Pretty sure I mentioned something about what should happen to halfandhalfers in the questionnaire I emailed to you :) .

SwedishBaggie
05-02-2018, 05:43 PM
When you were younger? Didn't know they sold Palace scarves in Sweden back then Thomas.

Don't suppose you followed the London clubs when you first came over and broadened your horizons with other teams as you journeyed further north by any chance?

After all, I know you've been a regular visitor to Craven Cottage over the years >;) .

As for the 'rant' re FA Cup or Prem' it wasn't a rant, just a couple of points I disagreed on and no I hadn't been drinking.

Did your mates son get what he needed from the survey or would he like me to expand on a couple of points?

Pretty sure I mentioned something about what should happen to halfandhalfers in the questionnaire I emailed to you .

Bought in London in the 80s, but, there has never been another (English, there is one Swedish) club for me, Albion since 1978.

Upton Park 6 times, Craven Cottage 3 times, they are number 2 and 3 on the list of most visited English grounds, # 1? Of course, the Shrine, 11 times. :)

I don't think I ever said anything about FA cup or PL, said plenty, but I don't think anything about that :O

My mate's son was extremely enthusiastic about your reply (and Geoff's, received that the same day), esp the lenghty answers, they (he and his school mates) found them very helpful, and that the project really would benefit from your answers. A third person has also answered them, a mate of mine living in North London (Welsh, Cardiff City supporter).

Btw, I couldn't agree more with you about halfandhalfers, an abomination!

Take care mate, and see you deep down south in London next hopefully! :)

goodlordmurphy
05-02-2018, 05:57 PM
If I might say so, an interesting exchange to eaves drop.

LIKE....

BaggieBlood
05-02-2018, 07:32 PM
SB, in the unlikely event your English footy team plays your Swedish team were to play who do you want to win?

And don't say a draw.

Albionic68
05-02-2018, 07:33 PM
I don't think I ever said anything about FA cup or PL, said plenty, but I don't think anything about that

My mate's son was extremely enthusiastic about your reply (and Geoff's, received that the same day), esp the lenghty answers, they (he and his school mates) found them very helpful, and that the project really would benefit from your answers. A third person has also answered them, a mate of mine living in North London (Welsh, Cardiff City supporter).

Btw, I couldn't agree more with you about halfandhalfers, an abomination!

Take care mate, and see you deep down south in London next hopefully!

My mistake Thomas, didn't realise you were referring to the quoted post in the first instance as I didn't think there was anything remotely contentious or 'bitey' about it.

Didn't think you'd misinterpreted the tongue in cheek emoticons and certainly not a rant, I was just following on from some of the other posts because you really do post b@ll@cks sometimes chap XD :P ;D .

Glad to hear the responses were of use but I'd thought they were for a college lad rather than school kids.
If I'd realised the audience I was catering for the language (in places) 'may' have been more appropriately toned.

All of the very best and may a vile pox befall halfandhalfers B) .

SwedishBaggie
05-02-2018, 07:39 PM
SB, in the unlikely event your English footy team plays your Swedish team were to play who do you want to

And don't say a draw.

Nowadays Albion, too long a story to explain here. 😊

SwedishBaggie
05-02-2018, 07:43 PM
My mistake Thomas, didn't realise you were referring to the quoted post in the first instance as I didn't think there was anything remotely contentious or 'bitey' about it.

Didn't think you'd misinterpreted the tongue in cheek emoticons and certainly not a rant, I was just following on from some of the other posts because you really do post b@ll@cks sometimes chap XD :P ;D .

Glad to hear the responses were of use but I'd thought they were for a college lad rather than school kids.
If I'd realised the audience I was catering for the language (in places) 'may' have been more appropriately toned.

All of the very best and may a vile pox befall halfandhalfers B) .

Na, 19-year-olds, so no problem there, ”school mates” probably wrong choice of word from me.

”Rant” was also tongue in cheek, a lot of that around. 😎

Albionic68
05-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Na, 19-year-olds, so no problem there, ”school mates” probably wrong choice of word from me............

Excellent news, you know me Thomas, I do hate to offend.....

.....unless it's in person of course XD .

Albionic68
05-02-2018, 07:56 PM
As the thread is titled Head Coaches not doing too well, I thought I would have a look at Middlesbrough's progress, I found what I predicted would happen...stagnation.

They did manage a shot on target though, jammy b@st@rds :) .

He'll soon knock that out of 'em XD .

GLAWSTERBAGGIE
05-02-2018, 07:59 PM
They did manage a shot on target though, jammy b@st@rds :) .

He'll soon knock that out of 'em XD .

During the warm up does not count 68.