PDA

View Full Version : Condolences to Steve Bruce

MissWinnie
06-02-2018, 06:09 PM
on the sad passing of his father today. I understand he has also been caring for his mother, who is seriously ill in hospital.

Some things are more important than football and family is one of them.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

With love from Winnie xxx

westcountryvillain
06-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Quite agree, sad sad news - hope both sets of fans show respect to him on Sunday.

bongosdad
06-02-2018, 10:41 PM
I agree with both posts. I'm sure the lads will put a big performance in for Bruce.

MissWinnie
11-02-2018, 02:09 PM
Well, they certainly did, Bongo. :)

Well done to the lads and a huge thank you to Steve Bruce for rising to the challenge in what must have been a truly awful week. I'm sure you made your Dad proud today :heart: :star:

Exiledvillan
11-02-2018, 02:56 PM
Ditto to all of the above. I lost my Dad before Xmas so I feel his pain. When Hourihane scored SB filled up with emotion and a look up to his Dad. Saw it on Sky and the clip was very short but you could see the agony and grief in his face. Was quite moving.

MissWinnie
11-02-2018, 07:59 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss too, Exiled :heart:

I so wanted Villa to do well today for him.

You look after yourself, my friend xxx

dazzyowen
11-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Sad news about his dad and saw that too today excited.. was moving mate..

Really sorry to hear that about your dad mate.. keep strong pal 👍

bongosdad
12-02-2018, 12:55 PM
So sorry to hear that exiled.

Exiledvillan
12-02-2018, 03:22 PM
I had it easier than SB, if there can be an easier way to suffer a loss, in that my loss and grieving wasn’t splashed all over the national press or on tv. On the second goal SB sank to his haunches/knees and looked as tho he was wailing. Thankfully that reaction isn’t all over social media like the 1st goal is. A very public place to be, in such a vulnerable moment, shows a tremendous strength of character. I think his Mom aint in the best of health as well, my thoughts are with the Bruces.

Ta for the kind words folks.

westcountryvillain
12-02-2018, 08:41 PM
Likewise Exiled sorry for your loss pal

MissWinnie
13-02-2018, 11:04 PM
I had it easier than SB, if there can be an easier way to suffer a loss, in that my loss and grieving wasn’t splashed all over the national press or on tv. On the second goal SB sank to his haunches/knees and looked as tho he was wailing. Thankfully that reaction isn’t all over social media like the 1st goal is. A very public place to be, in such a vulnerable moment, shows a tremendous strength of character. I think his Mom aint in the best of health as well, my thoughts are with the Bruces.

Ta for the kind words folks.

Yes, a huge strength of character.
:heart:

TrianonDave
14-02-2018, 03:59 PM
He's not on his own and he never will be, respect to him for turning up and here's to all our loved ones on this special day who we have lost but never forgotten!

Respect to all....

bongosdad
14-02-2018, 10:15 PM
Great words Dave