PDA

View Full Version : We really are in the mire now!

Leicesterbaggie
11-02-2018, 04:11 PM
After Huddersfield and Newcastle's victories things are looking bleak for us now even if Liverpool defeat Southampton. I've been reasonably optimistic up until now and I realise that there are plenty of points to be won but if we are defeated tomorrow we will start to be cut adrift. It's not looking good!

Johnny on the spot 1
11-02-2018, 04:17 PM
After Huddersfield and Newcastle's victories things are looking bleak for us now even if Liverpool defeat Southampton. I've been reasonably optimistic up until now and I realise that there are plenty of points to be won but if we are defeated tomorrow we will start to be cut adrift. It's not looking good!

Start to be cut adrift we are adrift .

rambaggie
11-02-2018, 04:21 PM
The premier league is the place to be. But to honest I’m bored with it now.

Johnny on the spot 1
11-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Southampton beat us easy really last week 0:1 after 6 mins to Liverpool , couldn't make it up .

holmleighchris
11-02-2018, 05:10 PM
A promotion push is always enjoyable.

boingy
11-02-2018, 05:21 PM
I think we can safely say its over to be honest. You cant depend on other teams lying down and giving up when they are 7 points ahead. Our only hope is to go on one of these runs Pardew is supposed to be known for. But it has to be from now till the end of the season. Cant see it.

Albionic68
11-02-2018, 05:45 PM
Nobody can deny we're in the slurry, but so are some of those above us.

We just happen to be in it up to our necks whereas it's currently chest height for them.

Victory tomorrow would be a huge ask, but given Chelsea's recent form we should NOT be writing it off.

We then have a very decent run of fixtures.

Huddersfield at home will be absolutely mOssive.

Gird your loins and COYB B) .

GLAWSTERBAGGIE
11-02-2018, 06:20 PM

We just happen to be in it up to our necks whereas it's currently chest height for them.

Victory tomorrow would be a huge ask, but given Chelsea's recent form we should NOT be writing it off.

Up to the root !

Plus ONE

COYB

Leicesterbaggie
11-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Well, at least Southampton lost. Small consolation me thinks!

goodlordmurphy
11-02-2018, 06:23 PM

Problem is 68 that all the other teams are turning it on every so often...can we 'turn it on' to the same extent...it really looks like we have to for every game now.

baggieal
11-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Problem is 68 that all the other teams are turning it on every so often...can we 'turn it on' to the same extent...it really looks like we have to for every game now.

It's still doable! As Jose said - Newcastle fought like crazy animals. Will our players fight like crazy animals in every game now? The players need to stand up and be counted as you can't blame Pulis or Pardew for everything as they are not the feckers on the pitch!!

GLAWSTERBAGGIE
11-02-2018, 06:40 PM
It's still doable! As Jose said - Newcastle fought like crazy animals. Will our players fight like crazy animals in every game now? The players need to stand up and be counted as you can't blame Pulis or Pardew for everything as they are not the feckers on the pitch!!

Bang on AL !

goodlordmurphy
11-02-2018, 06:44 PM

The truth of that game Al is that Jose is not the manager that he is cracked up to be...

baggieal
11-02-2018, 07:25 PM
The truth of that game Al is that Jose is not the manager that he is cracked up to be...

I agree! Shelvey though today reminded me of what we are missing in midfield - since Mulumbu left! A player who was like a crazed animal - covered every blade of grass - linked up play and was warrior like!

We have all had our say about Pulis and Pardew but at the end of the day, if our players fought like those Newcastle players fought today, we could get out of it!

Sadly, if we go down, you will get tossers like Livermore who says he's too good to play in the championship, but in reality he's a championship player along with others we have!

Johnny on the spot 1
11-02-2018, 07:54 PM
I agree! Shelvey though today reminded me of what we are missing in midfield - since Mulumbu left! A player who was like a crazed animal - covered every blade of grass - linked up play and was warrior like!

We have all had our say about Pulis and Pardew but at the end of the day, if our players fought like those Newcastle players fought today, we could get out of it!

Sadly, if we go down, you will get tossers like Livermore who says he's too good to play in the championship, but in reality he's a championship player along with others we have!

For me Al thats hit the nail on the head the players are not good enough we have
4 or 5 players who could be on their way if we went down well probably will go , we have 3 or 4 more who are to old or to slow now , it don't leave a great deal , not going to start this up again but you have to look at the owners the board for letting it go this far not pushing the boat out on better quality younger players this aint happened over nite when we finished 9th or 10th we should have got rid of the dead wood & brought a bit of quality in because this is the mess we're in now & its going to be very difficult to turn it around & i think our squad wouldn't set the championship a light if im brutally honest .

goodlordmurphy
12-02-2018, 08:15 AM

Livermore, Chadli both came from the biggest team of bottlers that I can remember Spurs ever having...I mean, how much has Chadli cost us...

stripes39
12-02-2018, 03:53 PM
For me Al thats hit the nail on the head the players are not good enough we have
4 or 5 players who could be on their way if we went down well probably will go , we have 3 or 4 more who are to old or to slow now , it don't leave a great deal , not going to start this up again but you have to look at the owners the board for letting it go this far not pushing the boat out on better quality younger players this aint happened over nite when we finished 9th or 10th we should have got rid of the dead wood & brought a bit of quality in because this is the mess we're in now & its going to be very difficult to turn it around & i think our squad wouldn't set the championship a light if im brutally honest .

Very true. This has been waiting to happen for some time. It just happens to be this season. Events have conspired against us which was summed up by a very good thread on here 'The Perfect Storm'. The people we have in key positions running the club are simply not up to it which is highlighted by some of your points above. This is why we've won 3 all season.