PDA

View Full Version : Livi v St Mirren

LSArab
17-02-2018, 08:12 AM
Why are they getting a game on when we are falling further behind in fixtures.

I seem to remember we went lots of games behind in season we got relegated and it was a problem then

Predictions for this one?
I have a feeling Livi won’t lose it and may even win it. I’ll guess 1-0 to Livi.

What do we want?
As most on here agree we need at least 2nd place and the play offs or missing out on them is becoming a danger.

With that in mind would we be better for St Mirren to win?

17 points behind though is too scary to contemplate.

One point each therefore I think the best outcome for united?

Arab 8010
17-02-2018, 09:31 AM
Why should they not play each other today? St Mirren win for me, it's ***** we get that 2nd place now

arab81
17-02-2018, 10:10 AM
Think I've gave up interest in catching saints, so hope they win today. Best we can do is consolidate second place asap and prepare ourselves for 4 cup finals. If I could cherry pick our playoff opponents it would be dunfermline followed by Hamilton. Got a feeling Hamilton will finish bottom this season tho, the fun will be fine so it will probably be county or thistle.

Charlie arab
17-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Livi win for me, may put a little doubt in saints mind if they lost. Things change quickly in football and if they were to hit a wee sticky patch before we play them it could give us half a chance. Obviously we would have to keep winning games which doesn't look likely at the moment but you never know.

JamesMcClean
17-02-2018, 11:36 AM
I know things are bad, but wanting St Mirren to win? Seriously? I know we're not exactly all singing and dancing but last time I checked we can still win the league. Difficult yes, but not impossible.

SmedDUm
17-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Agreed Charlie & James.
St Mirren may well experience a bad run, starting today maybe.
If they do & we turn our performances round they are very catchable.
So c'mon Livi!

arab81
17-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Don't doubt st.mirren are more than capable of dropping points but that gutless mob we've got could never take advantage of it. Leagues finished.

ballumbie_arab
17-02-2018, 03:26 PM
3-1 Livi, from 1-0 down in the first few mins!! :-0

Not be an easy game for us through there next week, so we need to be “at it” from the off.....not going to happen though, is it! :-(

PortugueseFrank
17-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Apparently Livi have the 3rd smallest budget in the league.

This is what happens when you recruit players with the right attitude instead of trying to fluke it.

Whitfieldarab
17-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Apparently Livi have the 3rd smallest budget in the league.

This is what happens when you recruit players with the right attitude instead of trying to fluke it.

They didn't look like they had the right attitude on Dec 23rd though, didn't Hopkins say Utd were the best team they'd played?

Livi on the whole have had a good season so far. No doubt about that.

cybershed
17-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Well done Livi. Not just beating them, but beating them well. Let's hope that's the start of a losing run for St Mirren.

Find it hard to believe we could overtake them. But it would nice to get close enough to get their nerves jangling. Got to beat them at Tannadice.

Hoofballer
17-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Well until today it was looking like the league was pretty much getting out of our reach.......and then a result like this gives a glimmer of hope.......

You just know that come Friday our hopeless bunch will go out and make a right James Hunt of it and get papped too...

Got to just go for it now, extra men up front and all out attack for next run of games .

Charlie arab
17-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Saints next 2 are brechin and falkirk both at home

Whitfieldarab
17-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Saints next 2 are brechin and falkirk both at home

Falkirk are 3rd bottom but are still fighting for a play off spot:O

Charlie arab
17-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Falkirk are 3rd bottom but are still fighting for a play off spot:O

And brechins due a win😉

Chick A Saw
17-02-2018, 07:57 PM
Probably the best result we could hope for today and at least we will know if we have a chance by the time St Mirren comes calling. My fear is that we will find that out on Friday night!

USArab
17-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Probably the best result we could hope for today and at least we will know if we have a chance by the time St Mirren comes calling. My fear is that we will find that out on Friday night!

Agreed, but they still have to hit a sticky patch. Here’s hoping!

shedboy71
18-02-2018, 12:09 AM
we still have to hit an average patch - so winning is maybe aspirational??!!

LSArab
18-02-2018, 09:20 AM

Does set up Fridays match massively

We need wins now. Draws are no good if we are to have any chance of getting close or putting pressure on st midden

Six pointer for second place too

If Livi win they will be way ahead of us - will be Livi v Saints to end of season and we will be out of it

TerryTheTerror
18-02-2018, 10:50 AM
If Livi win they'll be 6 points ahead of us but we'll still have 2 games in hand on them. I don't think that's way ahead of us.

marradonna
18-02-2018, 11:33 AM
If Livi win they'll be 6 points ahead of us but we'll still have 2 games in hand on them. I don't think that's way ahead of us.

6 points may as well be 60, the way we have been playing

GingerPetric
18-02-2018, 12:00 PM
^^^ as above, if we can’t get a bit of form going on the back of a lucky break yesterday then I doubt if we ever will this season.

TerryTheTerror
18-02-2018, 12:31 PM
6 points may as well be 60, the way we have been playing

Also fair. :(

LSArab
18-02-2018, 08:44 PM
From where we have been this season to be 6 points behind Livingston and in 3rd or lower in a very mediocre league is totally unacceptable.

Games in hand aren’t always worth that much. Away to QOS and ICT are not easy and the points in the bag are always better.

If we lose on Friday seems no chance for me that we would even get second

Make or break as far as I am concerned

marradonna
18-02-2018, 10:31 PM
From where we have been this season to be 6 points behind Livingston and in 3rd or lower in a very mediocre league is totally unacceptable.

Games in hand aren’t always worth that much. Away to QOS and ICT are not easy and the points in the bag are always better.

If we lose on Friday seems no chance for me that we would even get second

Make or break as far as I am concerned

Absolutely, and myself and the usual gang of boys/girls who spend their hard earned on seasons, sponsorship, crap food and travelling will be there - YET AGAIN - DESPITE

Heres hoping the avaerage joes currently in possesion of the proud jersey feel the same way as we do on friday and finally put a shift in that merits our support.

Here's hopin' AYE .....

RazzP83
19-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Friday massive for United. Feel we need to finish 2nd. We are barkit away from home hence 2nd place finish means 2 less games, and home advantage in the 2nd leg next play off game.

Saturday result was a shocker for us, Livi confidence be sky high and ours is the complete opposite.

Lets hope they grow a pair and grind a result out.

tHeArAb
19-02-2018, 05:23 PM
4-0

shedka
19-02-2018, 07:03 PM
I wanted a draw or Livi win on Saturday so happy with the outcome

We have to play Livi at Tannadice on the last day so to suggest a defeat means 2nd is gone is silly

We are capable of winning, with the right team, tactics and attitude on Friday, we were well clear of every other team before this poor run remember so not overly concerned just now

Jim_Jam
20-02-2018, 12:23 AM
It's the hope that kills.

RazzP83
20-02-2018, 11:46 AM
I wanted a draw or Livi win on Saturday so happy with the outcome

We have to play Livi at Tannadice on the last day so to suggest a defeat means 2nd is gone is silly

We are capable of winning, with the right team, tactics and attitude on Friday, we were well clear of every other team before this poor run remember so not overly concerned just now

Shedka, surprised you wanted a Livi win? Your reasons if I may ask?

Take away a miracle we are not catching St Mirren, hence ensuring 2nd place must be our priority. That surely means wanting our nearest rivals for that to lose.

TerryTheTerror
20-02-2018, 12:59 PM
I also wanted a Livi win, haven't given up hope of the title just yet.

LSArab
20-02-2018, 05:57 PM
TBH I really cannot see us having any hope of the title. It would be glorious if we could do it though.

Whichever way you look at it 3 points on Friday are imperative

Chick A Saw
21-02-2018, 12:37 AM
Livi win was always the best result where St Mirren were pinned at the 14 point mark for that one more week. However, i do fully expect that little bit of hope to have disappeared come Friday bed time!

Now that Dumbarton and ICT are in the fizzy final, St Mirren have to re-arrange a game now so we obviously we now only have 2 games in hand over them.

pertharab
21-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Livi win was always the best result where St Mirren were pinned at the 14 point mark for that one more week. However, i do fully expect that little bit of hope to have disappeared come Friday bed time!

Now that Dumbarton and ICT are in the fizzy final, St Mirren have to re-arrange a game now so we obviously we now only have 2 games in hand over them.

See St Mirren have rearranged next tuesdays fixture to the 24th March when they would have been free due to the I/Bru final. Leaves us with 3 important games in a week and them playing Brechin at home on Saturday and a weeks rest before our game on the 2nd. Possibly not a great set up but means that by mid march we'll only be a game behind fixture wise.

LSArab
21-02-2018, 08:13 PM
TBF if we are going to get close then we need to be winning games and get in a good rhythm with playing 2 matches a week.

Good that we catch up a bit on fixs. Will let us know where we are in a few weeks. Fingers crossed we can get close to saints

arab81
21-02-2018, 09:07 PM
That's the problem though shedka we don't have a team, our tactics are back to the mixu days and our attitude is terrible. We'll lose on Friday, 2-0

Hoofballer
21-02-2018, 11:17 PM
That's the problem though shedka we don't have a team, our tactics are back to the mixu days and our attitude is terrible. We'll lose on Friday, 2-0

Fear you may be right.

Speaking to a St Midden fan on Monday, physically kicked and bullied off park last week by Livi......we are so good ...not.. against physical teams. We’ve been bullied by the Falkirk’s, Dumbarton’s and Brechin of the league.

PartyFears2
22-02-2018, 12:00 AM
We’ll win on Friday night

GUNBOAT
22-02-2018, 11:39 PM

Reading your post tonight Terry for the first time its finally sinking in just where my team are at.How the phuck can the 6th biggest team in Scotland be relying on games in hand to go above Livingston who cannot afford and refuse to use their under soil heating?.

TerryTheTerror
23-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Reading your post tonight Terry for the first time its finally sinking in just where my team are at.How the phuck can the 6th biggest team in Scotland be relying on games in hand to go above Livingston who cannot afford and refuse to use their under soil heating?.

At our level, more money doesn't mean automatic promotion. Sevco failed in their first attempt at it and they had a miles bigger budget than us and the champions that season, Hearts. We need stabilisation and consistency, only when we get that can we win the Championship. Will the board have the strength and foresight to do this? All evidence suggests not. :(