PDA

View Full Version : A Very Big Ask

In Dyche We Trust
17-02-2018, 09:09 AM
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/burnley_fc/news/16029014.Burnley_s_next_step_is_breaking_into_the_ top_six__says_ex_Claret_Brian_Flynn/?ref=mac

The Bedlington Terrier
17-02-2018, 09:18 AM
It's doable if SD really believes it. :D

In Dyche We Trust
17-02-2018, 09:25 AM
It's doable if SD really believes it. :D
He will need to re-think his curent belief on strikers

oldcolner
17-02-2018, 12:51 PM
We have to aim high, but I can’t see £100k players wages, in fact I really hope we don’t go there.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-02-2018, 01:38 PM
I think with a bit of tinkering we can have a really great season 2018/19. :D

£100k on wages at Burnley just is not going to happen.

Altobelli
17-02-2018, 04:19 PM
He will need to re-think his curent belief on strikers

I think with a bit of tinkering we can have a really great season 2018/19. :D

One thing Sean Dyche needs to do is change his rigidity.

Norder
17-02-2018, 05:43 PM

that's what I dont get - Alto.....I don't know if more happens on the training ground - but they certainly don't put it into practice - movement is hopeless - which from the few games Lennon has been playing is more obvious than ever....like during the first half of the Swansea game - he wriggles past a couple of Swans players, knows he cant take it further without risk of the Swansea defensive wall stopping him....so has to do a very short pass to Barnes - who's just stood there still...like he's just gazed at Medusa's face - he could and should have seen whats coming...made a move, span his marker, given Lennon a decent option with his pass - but even without it he could have tried to turn his player, or held it up to slot through to Lennon or other - but quick as a flash he one-two's it back to him...was more like, what am I supposed to do with that - and that's a striker in the Premier League - what a joke....and if S.D et-al can't see that....then we'll be lucky to get outside of the bottom six come next season !

;D

In Dyche We Trust
17-02-2018, 08:11 PM
much as ilike litte Flinny we are not yet an established PL outfit- we ended up 16th last season and techinucally not safe yet this season. When we have held our own and finished in the top ten for a few seasons, then we can call ourselves established and aim for the top 6.

The Bedlington Terrier
17-02-2018, 08:14 PM

Try telling that to Mrs Dyche! :?

sinkov
18-02-2018, 01:58 PM
Well he's right in that we could become an established top 6 team, it is possible. It's also possible that we'll be relegated back to the Championship, and if I had to bet on which of the two is likeliest, my money would be on the Championship for us.

In Dyche We Trust
18-02-2018, 05:38 PM
He says we are a top half PL team which is hardly the case

The Bedlington Terrier
18-02-2018, 07:07 PM
He says we are a top half PL team which is hardly the case

We currently sit in SEVENTH position in the EPL.

There are THIR**** teams below us and only SIX in front.

Where the fcuk does that place us other than in the top half of the division? :confused:

In Dyche We Trust
18-02-2018, 07:56 PM

There are THIR**** teams below us and only SIX in front.

Where the fcuk does that place us other than in the top half of the division? :confused:

We have not finished there yet and certainly not an established PL club- we must not get ahead of ourselves- or we end up like a deadwood fan who says he still thinks of them as a PL club

Norder
18-02-2018, 07:57 PM
There are THIR**** teams below us...... .

and separated by 4 points to 10th position - and only 10 points from 18th place relegation.

>;)

In Dyche We Trust
18-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Are we established in the PL ?

Altobelli
18-02-2018, 08:49 PM

Not by a long chalk.

blueheeler1
19-02-2018, 04:00 AM
:)

The Bedlington Terrier
19-02-2018, 07:25 AM
Glad to realise there are thir**** less established EPL sides than us.

In Dyche We Trust
19-02-2018, 08:43 AM
Glad to realise there are thir**** less established EPL sides than us.

No one gives a phuck about anyone else- until we have remained in the PL for a number of seasons- we are not yet an established PL club and so no talk of breaking into the top 6 is required at this stage.

sinkov
19-02-2018, 08:57 AM

Apart from the top 6 who are virtually immune from relegation, there is no such thing as an established PL club, Everton would no doubt claim they are, but even they had to bring in Fireman Sam to rescue them this season.

I can remember last season some fans saying we should aim to establish ourselves in mid table in this division, and the two clubs given as examples we should be trying to emulate, the epitomy of established PL clubs were Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion, who are currently 19th and 20th in this season's league table.

Supersub6
19-02-2018, 10:58 AM
Apart from the top 6 who are virtually immune from relegation, there is no such thing as an established PL club, Everton would no doubt claim they are, but even they had to bring in Fireman Sam to rescue them this season.

I can remember last season some fans saying we should aim to establish ourselves in mid table in this division, and the two clubs given as examples we should be trying to emulate, the epitomy of established PL clubs were Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion, who are currently 19th and 20th in this season's league table.

Very true sinkov. SD is always talking about fine margins and he is correct, because the standard of most of the PL clubs outside the top 6 is very much on a par and reliant on managers and players all pulling in the same direction. We seem to be lucky in this respect because it is what SD instils into the squad, however, it is obvious that one or two teams do not follow this path.
We have some way to go before we can consider ourselves to be an established PL side.

whittyclaretandblue
19-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Looks like somebody is still on the Christmas sherry. Top 6 is a pipe dream lets face it if it wasn't for a few of the usual top 10 Everton Leicester West Ham etc having a mare of a start we wouldn't have found ourselves anywhere near the top 6 this season more long the lines of bobbing around 10th-13th
with our current form top half would be an achievement this season, unless we sort it out between now and the end of the season we could struggle to improve on the 16th place finish of last season which is only 9 pts away, this winless run carries on for another 2 or 3 games and we will find ourselves looking down not up.

oldcolner
19-02-2018, 05:35 PM

Southampton would be another an they are 18th and hopefully staying there after Saturday!

alfinyalcabo
19-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Southampton would be another an they are 18th and hopefully staying there after Saturday!

I cant ant see the Saints losing on Saturday..but I hope I'm wrong..

Supersub6
19-02-2018, 07:41 PM
A draw will do because that is still a 2 point loss to them in the grand scale of things.