PDA

View Full Version : Not Villa for Newcy and EveWolf

stateside
18-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Just heard that Alan Pardew stated that none of the four players that stole the taxi in Barcelona will ever wear a Baggie shirt again.

Apparently, since then, 7 more Albion players came forward and said they were in the back seat.

Exiledvillan
19-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Can we laugh as well Statesie? Seems such a shame to exclude us Villans.

stateside
20-02-2018, 03:24 AM
We can, but they're apparently not real rivals.

Exiledvillan
20-02-2018, 08:27 AM
They have been taking the piss out of our demise in a ‘holier than thou’ type of manner for 2 years. Pride comes before a fall & all that.
As for rivals, I know that they are THE main rivals for you and others born to the Handsworth ‘hood’ but for most whilst there is a local rivalry geographically, there was never the same venom at the games, compared to small heath. I’ve been to 2 Black country derbies over the years and there is a white hot atmosphere not seen at Villa/wba or Villa/wolves.
Nonetheless, it’s a witty observation of the chaos going on up the A41, worthy of a chuckle from all affiliated to the West Mids.
Judging by ‘gallows humour’ of Midlands folk, I’m sure them lot on wbamad laughed as well.

stateside
21-02-2018, 03:31 AM
Exiled, you are so right. I grew up in Handsworth Wood. A bunch of Albion players lived there at the time. The rivalry between us Villans and them was quite bitter. I saw 4 Villa/Albion matches before my first Villa/Blues match and oh my lord the difference was astonishing. It was an unbelievable atmosphere. I hadn't realised it was as huge as it was because until I left school and got my first job I had never met a Birmingham fan. A Rangers fan, a Celtic fan, a Walsall fan and an Oldham fan, but never a Blues fan.

westcountryvillain
22-02-2018, 07:35 AM
What road did you live on Statesey? I myself was a Wood boy in the 80's!

stateside
22-02-2018, 10:30 PM
I lived at High Trees, Then 122 Hamstead Hall Rd by Grestone junior school. Then 5 The Coppice off Denewood Ave

westcountryvillain
22-02-2018, 11:30 PM
Small world - I lived on Underwood Road.