PDA

View Full Version : Watch! | Masterclass: Michael Jolley, Tactics: AFC Eskilstuna v Malmo

matias93
23-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Hey guys, just found this great video on our old U23 manager - Micheal Jolley. Really engaging guy; could listen to him talking footy tactics all day....

"When Michael Jolley took over as head coach of AFC Eskilstuna in the summer of 2017, the Swedish Allsvenskan club were bottom of the table and looking doomed to relegation. The Englishman had left the Burnley coaching staff to take his first job as a number one and, while ultimately unable to save his new team from relegation, he did oversee a significant upturn in form. This included an impressive home victory over eventual champions Malmo FF, when Jolley employed a very specific set of tactics. In a fascinating Masterclass with The Coaches' Voice, he explains all."

https://www.coachesvoice.com/michael-jolley/

oldcolner
23-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Hi Mattias
Welcome.
He seems a bright lad, with a Cambridge University degree. Sweden’s English coaches are doing you proud with Potter casting his spell over Arsenal and Ostersund.
How are you doing this year?
If Sean leaves Potter would look a good candidate.

matias93
23-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Indeed, comes across very well i thought.

Just read that he was a trader in the states before making a career change to football, clearly an interesting chap.

Yes, Potter has done a marvellous job at Ostersund. However, looks like he's getting tapped up for the West Brom job. But we've got Sean for a while i think, fingers crossed anyway!!

What are your thoughts on this season, so far?

alfinyalcabo
23-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Indeed, comes across very well i thought.

Just read that he was a trader in the states before making a career change to football, clearly an interesting chap.

Yes, Potter has done a marvellous job at Ostersund. However, looks like he's getting tapped up for the West Brom job. But we've got Sean for a while i think, fingers crossed anyway!!

What are your thoughts on this season, so far?

Cant complain with the injuries we have got.. Need to start winning again now or it will end up a disappointment if we drop down below half way..Need a few more decent signings in the summer to keep up the improvement.. Mainly in the attacking dept..