PDA

View Full Version : Hegazi

boingy
25-02-2018, 02:10 PM
Love the guy, always busts a gut. My man of the match yesterday. Cant see us keeping him when we go down but then he deserves better. He should be in the prem.

mickd1961
25-02-2018, 04:23 PM
I don’t agree.

From the moment he messed up in the third game v Stoke,which cost us two
points the bloke has had a major mistake in him just waiting to happen.

Watford’s last minutes equaliser was him misjudging the cross and letting the guy sneak in for the header!

That’s four lost points due directly to him and there have been other cock ups as well,most of his seem costly.

He reminds me of Paul Mardon,Chris Whyte and Matt carbon in that regard........he looks so solid and comfortable for much of a game and then.....bang... he switches off.

I think he is a decent player full of heart and I like a lot of his play and he’s certainly been no worse than Evans but that in itself is damning him with faint praise!

talkSAFT
25-02-2018, 04:51 PM
All players make mistakes, and Ahmed's made much less than the rest. He (and Foster) have been my Player of the Year by a long way.

mickd1961
25-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Re run the replays of the goals against this season starting with the matches I mentioned and spot the critical error that leads to the goal leading to a loss of one or two points.

No question of Hegazi’s effort and work rate but concentration and the ability to do it for the full 90-95 minutes is not there at the moment.

viaductbaggies
25-02-2018, 05:07 PM
All players make mistakes, and Ahmed's made much less than the rest. He (and Foster) have been my Player of the Year by a long way.

Check out fosters cock ups as well headless chicken spring to mind

boingy
25-02-2018, 06:03 PM
I don’t agree.

Watford’s last minutes equaliser was him misjudging the cross and letting the guy sneak in for the header!

That’s four lost points due directly to him and there have been other cock ups as well,most of his seem costly.

He reminds me of Paul Mardon,Chris Whyte and Matt carbon in that regard........he looks so solid and comfortable for much of a game and then.....bang... he switches off.

I think he is a decent player full of heart and I like a lot of his play and he’s certainly been no worse than Evans but that in itself is damning him with faint praise!

Time for you to book a visit to specsavers Mick. ;)

Leicesterbaggie
25-02-2018, 06:45 PM
I don't think that our dire situation can be put down to Hegazi and Foster. They have been two of our more consistent performers this season. The bottom line is that our squad, which in my opinion is no worse than many others in this division, haven't performed to their full potential, both individually and as a team. Selection, both under Pulis and Pardew, have been mystifying to say the least and this hasn't helped. The side at the present moment appear to be leaderless and rudderless as exemplified by Saturday's very poor showing. Someone needs to get them by the 'scruff of the neck' and instill some fight and backbone into them. If we go down fighting, so be it, but to go down with a whimper is just not acceptable and we, as fans, deserve more.

viaductbaggies
25-02-2018, 06:50 PM
Think the major 2 factors in our problems are

Lack of pace
Lack of a creative player

baggieal
25-02-2018, 07:00 PM
I don't think that our dire situation can be put down to Hegazi and Foster. They have been two of our more consistent performers this season. The bottom line is that our squad, which in my opinion is no worse than many others in this division, haven't performed to their full potential, both individually and as a team. Selection, both under Pulis and Pardew, have been mystifying to say the least and this hasn't helped. The side at the present moment appear to be leaderless and rudderless as exemplified by Saturday's very poor showing. Someone needs to get them by the 'scruff of the neck' and instill some fight and backbone into them. If we go down fighting, so be it, but to go down with a whimper is just not acceptable and we, as fans, deserve more.

I agree! But what's Jenkins hoping for - Pardew to perform a feckin miracle and get 6 wins from 10. Can't he see the man is a complete dimwit and the players don't respect him or want to play for him. Why oh why, don't we twist immediately - even under Megson the players would be fired up going into the last ten games. It's not rocket science............

Had enough and totally fed up!!! Is the spineless owner/board going to act when we are 100% doomed - then again it's the West Brom way! Pathetic!!!

goodlordmurphy
25-02-2018, 07:16 PM
With Hegazi...I thought he was a bit green at first but he seems to have grown into the prem, the amount of crosses that he clears is good....for his mistakes, well I think they can be corrected by good management and coaching....he's definitely worth the effort.

mickd1961
25-02-2018, 08:08 PM
Time for you to book a visit to specsavers Mick. ;)

Get yourself one of those new fangled Betamax recorders and re-run the goals against to see how many times he misjudged the flight of the ball and got caught flat footed underneath it.

I’m not slagging Hegazi,he’s a decent player and gives his all but he ain’t no Vincent Kompany and I don’t see any of the top clubs queuing up for him.

Hope he stays though,just the sort you need for the battles in the Champ.

boingy
25-02-2018, 09:02 PM
Get yourself one of those new fangled Betamax recorders and re-run the goals against to see how many times he misjudged the flight of the ball and got caught flat footed underneath it.

I’m not slagging Hegazi,he’s a decent player and gives his all but he ain’t no Vincent Kompany and I don’t see any of the top clubs queuing up for him.

We will just have to disagree Mick. I think the guy is class. :)

baggieal
25-02-2018, 09:14 PM
We will just have to disagree Mick. I think the guy is class. :)

I am sure he will be class also regardless of what division! Chadli, Evans, Livermore and Barry will think their class is too much and be off like a shot! Evans, Livermore and Barry will run faster than a taxi they nicked to go to another club in the premiership and Chadli might even agree to climb hills after checking out the treatment room of another club.

Shower of ****e all of them including Pardew!!!!

Johnny on the spot 1
25-02-2018, 09:23 PM

Wasn't Liverpool intrested Mick ?

Johnny on the spot 1
25-02-2018, 09:41 PM
I am sure he will be class also regardless of what division! Chadli, Evans, Livermore and Barry will think their class is too much and be off like a shot! Evans, Livermore and Barry will run faster than a taxi they nicked to go to another club in the premiership and Chadli might even agree to climb hills after checking out the treatment room of another club.

Shower of ****e all of them including Pardew!!!!

Totally agree about the players & could add more Phillips for one , would like to see pardew without the pressures of trying to keep us up came in thankless task not got a reaction probably will get the boot , but would like to see him with his own players , I personally believe he could do a good job for us IF we get relegated, with his own players , needs a chance not been here all that long , I think we were doomed before he come , players cr ap or finished not pardews fault ,

Okay now slate me !!!

kettering_baggie
26-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Pardew keeps picking the same players after every defeat. He can’t seem to try something different, I feared the worst on Saturday when I saw the team selection. Phillips has been awful all season, Barry doesn’t seem to want to know, so why pick them? Surely Sam Field is worth a chance? He has done nothing wrong when he has played and even scored a goal, remember that? A midfielder scoring for WBA.........!

Johnny on the spot 1
26-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Pardew keeps picking the same players after every defeat. He can’t seem to try something different, I feared the worst on Saturday when I saw the team selection. Phillips has been awful all season, Barry doesn’t seem to want to know, so why pick them? Surely Sam Field is worth a chance? He has done nothing wrong when he has played and even scored a goal, remember that? A midfielder scoring for WBA.........!

Agree about young Field , but not a lot else to choose from , our squad is very poor it needs a massive sort out as does our club from top to bottom, & SOON .

splinter
26-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Think the major 2 factors in our problems a
Lack of pace
Lack of a creative player

Then it's time to give some of the young players a chance.

baggieal
26-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Then it's time to give some of the young players a chance.

1. They would give more effort
2. They will still be here next year regardless of division
3. They would bust a gut to shine
4. They would not be ( at the moment ) motivated by greed
5. They would be more disciplined as they would be frightened that any bad move would result in a big chance going
backwards.
6. They would hopefully play for the shirt and manager ( new manager FFS )

BaggieBlood
26-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Mickd, I always put Chris Whyte at a different level to Mardon and especially Carbon.

Imo he was great for us and then left on a free (boo), and won the league at Leeds.

As for Hegazi, I think he is brave and his passing is great and I think he is a good defender.

The problem is we are lacking the energy of a Mulumbu in front of the defence and just have barry wondering around giving the ball away, on the odd occasion he has possession.

I agree the club is in a mess, but the positive thing is Jenkins is here now and trying to stop the gravy train.

The more I think about Dean Smith at Brentford the more I like.

I like the way the Bees have adopted the Moneyball research method for discovering quality players and found some great gems for relative peanuts.

If he were to come, I would also like him to bring their recruitment knowledge with him, as it would do us no harm to have an additional way of finding players, to add to what we already have.

I said a while ago that I would have preferred God Megson to stay, but the likes of Williams and Hammond thought otherwise.

I heard Pr!kdew was 8th choice when he got our top job, I bet Ronald McDonald was 9th choice, as this guy is terrible.

baggieal
26-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Mickd, I always put Chris Whyte at a different level to Mardon and especially Carbon.

Imo he was great for us and then left on a free (boo), and won the league at Leeds.

As for Hegazi, I think he is brave and his passing is great and I think he is a good defender.

The problem is we are lacking the energy of a Mulumbu in front of the defence and just have barry wondering around giving the ball away, on the odd occasion he has possession.

I agree the club is in a mess, but the positive thing is Jenkins is here now and trying to stop the gravy train.

The more I think about Dean Smith at Brentford the more I like.

I like the way the Bees have adopted the Moneyball research method for discovering quality players and found some great gems for relative peanuts.

If he were to come, I would also like him to bring their recruitment knowledge with him, as it would do us no harm to have an additional way of finding players, to add to what we already have.

I said a while ago that I would have preferred God Megson to stay, but the likes of Williams and Hammond thought otherwise.

I heard Pr!kdew was 8th choice when he got our top job, I bet Ronald McDonald was 9th choice, as this guy is terrible.

No doubt, Pardew was the cheapest option and Williams was influenced by Hammond with the old pals act! 2.5 year contract - unbelievable!!!! The guy was on the dole at the time and unwanted!

PS - how many seasons tickets can you divide into Pardew's remaining contract when sacked as well as the contract and pay off for Pulis who walked into another job immediately? Must be close on 7/8,000 season tickets!!!! Disgraceful!!!

Albionic68
27-02-2018, 02:20 PM
I don’t agree.

Hegazi is far from the best thing since sliced bread, but Watford's last minute goal was down to Richarlison pushing Hegazi in the back whilst he was off the ground and the ref' missing it.

Savvy from Richarlison to wait for him to jump before committing as it's far easier to shift your opponent when their feet aren't planted.

Hegazi's made mistakes and can be positionally naive at times, but it's harsh to suggest he was at fault there and overall I'm glad we've got him.

Although I realise you're not comparing them as like for like playing wise, I still can't believe you've mentioned Chris Whyte in the same sentence as Mardon and Carbon.

Yes he could switch off too, just like any player, but Whyte was quality for us and didn't look too shabby when winning the title with Leeds either.