PDA

View Full Version : champioship ceiling but not the floor

vikingwarriorking
26-02-2018, 11:21 AM
WE are in such a mess on and off the field- rotten to the very core of the club

This will certainly see what Lai is like as a businessman- he is not a football man

- Here is my top line
1 He paid way too much for the club.
2 Premiership status was essential to both payback and business plans at home
3 Restrictions at home limit much investment

So what does he do/ invest to get back or sell everything to liquidate losses?

I think he chooses second route- £100m in parachute payments over 3 years & sell off some players to get back at least £50m - maybe the whole investment

He leaves us to our fate

Hence the title- The Chamopionship is our ceiling it may not be our floor

And anyone with half a brain could see it coming - old players who are here for a payday not a fight, proven failure managers, a board with no vision and featherbedding contracts

Mr Lai - no doubt is thinking..... I want out at the minumum cost but who will buy?- best is to liquidate the assets/playwers and pocket the parachute money.

Wouldn't you if football was a vehicle and the Baggies merely an asset not a passion?- it was a business venture that has failed dramatically

Minimise the losses- the asset was always overvalued

Kfordbaggie74
26-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Totally agree. Wouldn't be surprised if the club is up for sale by Christmas. I fear this could be a dark period for us.

goodlordmurphy
26-02-2018, 07:23 PM
Don't want to worry you but it is said that the Hawthorns has provisional planning for five tower blocks of flats...

WBA123
27-02-2018, 11:30 AM
I can't agree..in the short term anyway.

Any businessman would want his investment back as you are pointing out.

But the best tactic for longevity would be for us to get promoted back to the premiership. Back to the land of milk and honey, we have 2 years of parachute money to make it happen.

If we are still in the championship after the parachute payments, then yep, it's time to panic