PDA

View Full Version : Next up - Hearts in the cup

Footymad
02-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Motherwell and Hearts will meet at Fir Park on Sunday with a semi-final spot in the Scottish Cup as the prize. A huge effort from 'Well staff and volunteers has produced a snow free zone and an exciting contest is expected. - External Link (http://www.footymad.com/motherwell/news/tmnw/next_up__hearts_in_the_cup_915339/index.shtml)

LawSteelman
03-03-2018, 09:47 AM
I think we're going out of the Cup tomorrow sadly as I just think Hearts' superior defence and firepower will be too much for us.

A win would be great here and if we do win that is all that matters. I'm not interested in 'a cracking cup tie' or a 'great entertainment spectacle" as those matter not a jot if we exit the cup and have to watch a full south stand celebrating at the end of the match.

This is a Cup tie' and this is a must win match, simple as that.

But we'll lose.

2-1 Hearts.

wellin
03-03-2018, 09:52 AM
I think we're going out of the Cup tomorrow sadly as I just think Hearts' superior defence and firepower will be too much for us.

A win would be great here and if we do win that is all that matters. I'm not interested in 'a cracking cup tie' or a 'great entertainment spectacle" as those matter not a jot if we exit the cup and have to watch a full south stand celebrating at the end of the match.

This is a Cup tie' and this is a must win match, simple as that.

But we'll lose.

2-1 Hearts.

Well, you will get 9-1 for that scoreline. If you are confident put a line on. Me, I'm going for a 1-0 well win. We to are solid at the back and have decent firepower.....Mon the well.

texaco cup
03-03-2018, 01:30 PM
More than ever I think what will determine tomorrow’s game is who gets the first goal. We score and they will open up a bit more,they score first and they will put more and more players behind the ball hoping to frustrate us and hit on the break

Handsome_Devil
03-03-2018, 07:26 PM
Win or lose tomorrow, Robinson deserves a hand for our cup runs - no complaints.

Have a sneaky feeling we could be headed to Tynie for a replay.

sieb1886
03-03-2018, 11:30 PM
On my coupon for the draw as well. Would love to lose that bet though; obviously if it's a win .... that being for us!

dasdeid
04-03-2018, 08:54 AM
If we have combative mid-field, our defence/offence will see us to a home win today.
"Give it a rest with the negativity"

LawSteelman
04-03-2018, 09:46 AM
We've not had a combative midfield all season and against a side like Hearts that could well cost us. What we do have though is a side with guts when it comes to big games but I don't think that will be enough today and Hearts will progress.

texaco cup
04-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Show the same commitment,drive and desire we had against the “Dons” in the league cup quarter finals and IMO we will be going once again to Hampden, anything less will not be good enough for us to progress in the cup

Handsome_Devil
04-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Eh? About the only attribute we've had consistently all season is being combative.