PDA

View Full Version : FAO Ashy

alfinyalcabo
08-03-2018, 05:40 PM
Did you notice the Aussie rugby league back on Sky this morning with Dragons v Broncos ?

Leeds Rhinos v Hull tonight.. Come on Hull..lol

Supersub6
08-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Aaargh!!! I forgot all about that this morning because I had a physio appointment. I knew that it was coming back on Sky and was looking forward to it so thanks for the reminder.

Will be watching tonight --should be interesting and Hull may just pull it off!!

The Bedlington Terrier
09-03-2018, 02:48 AM
Bloody hell! Not this again! :mad:

alfinyalcabo
09-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Bloody hell! Not this again! :mad:

BUTT OUT ..:mad:

alfinyalcabo
09-03-2018, 09:23 AM
Another two games on this morning Ashy.. First one was a cracker..

Supersub6
09-03-2018, 09:31 AM
alf ---enjoyed the Leeds game last night even though they won. Great moment when the ref gave a decision against the Hull player and he whinged on as he walked away resulting in the ref *******ing him and warning as to future conduct and moving the play 10 yards further up the field ----lack of respect was suitably punished ---why can we not have similar in football?
I enjoyed the Newcastle v Manley game this morning which was a cracker, as you said. I am recording the other one because I have to go out shortly. Enjoy.

alfinyalcabo
09-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Yep,I enjoyed the Leeds game as well..Another good Aussie game this morning after the first one.. Just watched a very good Saints side beating the Wolves tonight.. They are looking pretty good at the moment..

It's great to see the refs taking control of the players,Can you imagine the Refs moving the defence back ten yards at football for backchat..lol,

The Bedlington Terrier
10-03-2018, 01:22 AM
Just watched the paint dry on the lounge door. Bloody brilliant...:zzz:

Supersub6
10-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Just watched the paint dry on the lounge door. Bloody brilliant...:zzz:

I didn't know that there was any football on last night. It seems like you enjoyed it from your comment whilst alf and me were watching a proper game.
Yes, alf, there were three good games on yesterday and I agree about the Saints looking good, however, it is early days yet.

I wonder how much respect will be shown to Lee Mason today at the London Stadium, lots of fans have been moaning about him since Tuesday!

alfinyalcabo
10-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Ashy, Just ignore BT ,it seems to upset him knowing that we can converse about another sport what he obviously knows nothing about and it upsets him ,so all he can do is put disrespectful comments on to try and offend us.. He's a it like that spoilt bastid out of the Viz..

Anyway back to the best sport in the world, I hope our beloved Wigan can win on Sunday ągainst Wakefield who are playing well,but haven't played any of the top clubs yet..

Cant see Lee Mason doing us any favours today either,probably give the Hammers all the key decisions..A bit of a bogey side as well,so I'm expecting a defeat .

heres BT ..lol

Supersub6
10-03-2018, 11:51 AM
alf --as you are aware, nothing much bothers me, certainly not anything which is posted on here will cause any consternation so we can continue to chill and enjoy our interest in a proper game.

Games against Wakefield are always very difficult from a Wigan point of view because, like other teams, they try to lift their game when playing against us.

As far as today's game is concerned, it really is a must win game for the Hammers and I know that, historically, we don't get many results down there. I would be more than happy with a draw and would be ecstatic if we win!!

The Bedlington Terrier
10-03-2018, 02:54 PM
I asked somebody in the know about Rugby League to explain it to me in layman's terms, he said, it's the only "sport" he knows where 13 players are sent out to beat the living s h i t e out of the opposing 13 others. Obviously the team with the least concussions wins. There is a points system but no-one bothers to tell them that." Sounds about right! ;D

Supersub6
10-03-2018, 03:33 PM
I asked somebody in the know about Rugby League to explain it to me in layman's terms, he said, it's the only "sport" he knows where 13 players are sent out to beat the living s h i t e out of the opposing 13 others. Obviously the team with the least concussions wins. There is a points system but no-one bothers to tell them that." Sounds about right! ;D

He was lying because the other horrible code of the game has 15 players sent out to do far worse things to each other and he must have known about that if he is in the know about Rugby League ;D

alfinyalcabo
11-03-2018, 07:10 PM
A nice win in the end for the Warriors today Ashy, Wakey are a pretty tough side so it wasn't a bad result.. Cas back to winning ways as well..

I bet Ashley Barnes would make a fist of it at superleague,he's got the right attitude..:D

Supersub6
11-03-2018, 07:45 PM
I noticed that they were behind at half time but they came back well in the second half to ensure that Wakefield lost for the first time. Only St Helens have a 100% record even at this early stage of the season.
I see that history was made at the game too:- "Tara Jones, one of two in-goal judges for the game, became the first ever on-field female official for a Super League match."

I reckon that Ash would compete well but we'll stick with him playing for the Clarets ---scored in last three games!!

alfinyalcabo
11-03-2018, 07:54 PM
I noticed that they were behind at half time but they came back well in the second half to ensure that Wakefield lost for the first time. Only St Helens have a 100% record even at this early stage of the season.
I see that history was made at the game too:- "Tara Jones, one of two in-goal judges for the game, became the first ever on-field female official for a Super League match."

I reckon that Ash would compete well but we'll stick with him playing for the Clarets ---scored in last three games!!

A good read about her on this link Ashy ..

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/38667/get_involved/play

Supersub6
11-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Thanks for that alf ----a remarkable young lady. I always love to hear of young people doing well because the media only really focuses on the bad.

alfinyalcabo
13-03-2018, 07:05 PM
Check out the link Ashy about two elderly ladies in the dementia home being treated to a game by the Wigan players..well worth a view..
click on the link and then scroll right to the bottom of the page for video..

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/sport/

The Bedlington Terrier
13-03-2018, 07:44 PM
I painted the toilet door today and sat on the crapper until it dried. By gum it was brilliant...:zzz:

alfinyalcabo
13-03-2018, 08:08 PM
I painted the toilet door today and sat on the crapper until it dried. By gum it was brilliant...:zzz:

Well,that part will be true as you are full of sh/t ..lol

Supersub6
14-03-2018, 09:45 AM
alf-- many thanks for that link and it is great what the Warriors are doing in the community for the dementia sufferers --well done to them.
I am sure that I saw BT sat at the table in that care home -- he is obviously a closet fan ---but he has forgotten so he sits on the crapper watching paint dry, or so he says, but I know he was watching Man Utd playing Seville really.

Supersub6
19-03-2018, 07:37 PM
alf ---did you watch the Leeds v St Helens game on Friday night. I thought that it was a good game to watch with both teams giving it everything and Leeds coming out on top.
One of the NRL games on Friday was also close with the Broncos just getting the better of the Cowboys in another hard-fought game.

I see that Josh Charnley is returning from his dalliance with Yawnion and has signed for Warrington --I think that he will be a good signing fro them.

alfinyalcabo
19-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Yes,I thought the Saints v Leeds game was a cracker as well Ashy..Rhinos were superb the last twenty minutes..

I watched the Broncos game as well,how unlucky Wee the Cowboys in the last minute when the guy was going over only to hit the padded post and bounce back into play..lol

Always like Charnley and will be good for the Wolves..

The Bedlington Terrier
19-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Two RL fans going home after a cracker...

Supersub6
20-03-2018, 09:04 AM
BT --just so that you can busy yourself whilst some of us are stilll enjoying life to the full!

alfinyalcabo
20-03-2018, 09:50 AM
BT --just so that you can busy yourself whilst some of us are stilll enjoying life to the full!

Well,he is a stain,a w@nkstain ..:D

champs95
22-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Well,that part will be true as you are full of sh/t ..lol

Alf, do you think Classy Cas will do the Rhino's tomorrow?

The Bedlington Terrier
22-03-2018, 02:14 PM
Really? Who cares? >:(

Even the barstewards are at it now.

Supersub6
23-03-2018, 08:57 AM
alf ---a good game again between Widnes and Salford --I hope that you didn't put a bet on because your preidiction was turned on its head.
Just watched the Bulldogs v Panthers and that was a smashing match with no quarter asked or given. Shame that I am going to miss the Tigers v Broncos but I may get chance to watch it later.

alfinyalcabo
23-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Yep,I enjoyed the Widnes and Salford,didn't put a bet on it though as it was always going to be a close game.. I'm like you and will have to catch up on the Aussie games later..

alfinyalcabo
23-03-2018, 09:53 PM
Rhinos v Tigers ...What a belter of a game Ashy ,thought Cas were going to blow it at the end..

Supersub6
24-03-2018, 09:08 AM
It was the third tremendous game that I watched yesterday, the first two being the NRL games.
Cas came out of the blocks at an amazing rate and for 25 minutes they looked untouchable, particularly when they went 24-0 up. After that, the Rhinos were terrific and it was a very hard fought game and it looked as though Rhinos might win but Cas held on --just.
I thought that the ref did very well to keep control because there were one or two incidents which threatened to boil over but he kept the lid on them very firmly.

Much better watching a real competitive game than some friendly with a round ball with no Clarets involved.

alfinyalcabo
24-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Last nights match ..Here's the last two minutes..lol

https://youtu.be/f3kf1nEOq3s

Supersub6
24-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Another close finish ---right out of the blue. You have to support Warriors though! lol

alfinyalcabo
13-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Well Ashy,what a Schite game that was until the last ten minutes.. A great win at the Rhinos for the Warriors,nice drop goal to win it by Sam Tompkins..;)

Supersub6
13-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Warriors made a lot of mistakes in the first half. It was like a war of attrition with the defences well on top but what a great last ten minutes!! I just thought that it was going to be another one of those nights until Sam came up with that great drop goal. His conversion on the try was fairly tasty too.
I am really looking forward to the Magic Weekend, there are some great fixtures, particularly on the Saturday.
All that Rugby, 7 games for £20 and you can take your pint up into the stand to watch the games ---- meanwhile on Sunday, Newcastle play Arsenal and no alcohol is allowed except before you go to your seat. I wonder why I prefer Super League? >;)

alfinyalcabo
13-04-2018, 09:42 PM
Warriors made a lot of mistakes in the first half. It was like a war of attrition with the defences well on top but what a great last ten minutes!! I just thought that it was going to be another one of those nights until Sam came up with that great drop goal. His conversion on the try was fairly tasty too.
I am really looking forward to the Magic Weekend, there are some great fixtures, particularly on the Saturday.
All that Rugby, 7 games for £20 and you can take your pint up into the stand to watch the games ---- meanwhile on Sunday, Newcastle play Arsenal and no alcohol is allowed except before you go to your seat. I wonder why I prefer Super League? >;)

Last one I went to was down in Cardiff a while ago now ,took Motorhome just outside and stopped at Tredegar park.. Had a great weekend ..Not been to one for ages now as weare usually away somewhere in Motorhome..

The Bedlington Terrier
14-04-2018, 06:27 AM
A picture tells a thousand words...

alfinyalcabo
14-04-2018, 09:03 AM
FAO Alto.. Please can you ban the Bell End. BT ... ;)

Supersub6
15-04-2018, 12:12 PM
FAO Alto.. Please can you ban the Bell End. BT ... ;)
No need for that alf----I love these photos of himself that he puts on here ------oh, and I forgot to mention ---those of his mother ;)

alfinyalcabo
15-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Just to make it a great weekend all round,the Stains got beat with WAKEY...lol

Supersub6
15-04-2018, 05:56 PM
I hadn't checked up what had happened today but that is good news, Looks as though it will be a close thing at the top this season.

Supersub6
20-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Great performance by the Warriors tonight. Castleford are always difficult, although not as strong away from home.
Burgess and Sam Tomkins were of top form tonight. Well deserved win.
Looking forward to two NRL games tomorrow.

alfinyalcabo
22-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Nice to see us see off Classless Cas on Friday night Ahy,thought we played well and limited them to a few chances.. Quite enjoy beating them as I don't like their coach much..

Supersub6
22-04-2018, 08:07 PM
Nice to see us see off Classless Cas on Friday night Ahy,thought we played well and limited them to a few chances.. Quite enjoy beating them as I don't like their coach much..

Oh yes! The Wests Tigers v Newcastle Knights was a good game yesterday morning ---they are a tough lot!

The Bedlington Terrier
23-04-2018, 06:14 AM
Bradford fans yesterday watching their incredibly tight game...

Supersub6
23-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Bradford fans yesterday watching their incredibly tight game...

Strange that --because the Bulls weren't playing yesterday. >;)
Never mind BT --today it a big day for you with a Royal baby on the way on St George's Day --you will be able to follow the news broadcasts all day.
I want to know if your friend Jeremy will be there, as leader of the Labour Party, he certainly should be because,evidently, the Princess is in the first stage of labour --- catch them young seems to be the maxim with JC wanting to bring the voting age to 16 ---Is that years of age or months? XD

alfinyalcabo
12-06-2018, 07:21 PM
Superleague is Reverting back to one up and one down next season Ashy.. Doing away with the super 8's ..A great move IMO ..maybe they could have made it two up and two down..

Supersub6
12-06-2018, 07:57 PM
That is good news. The season needs to be determined without all these add-ons. It is always about money though, so we will have to wait and see what happens!

The Bedlington Terrier
13-06-2018, 06:09 AM
Now turned it into a closed shop. One up, one down makes it just another Old Boy's Club. Suit you two then! XD

alfinyalcabo
13-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Now turned it into a closed shop. One up, one down makes it just another Old Boy's Club. Suit you two then! XD

Its just the opposite you Feckin Numpty..,It gives the lower league winners an automatic spot instead of having to play off against a superleague team.. Stick to your football transfer predictions in the future.. Oh I forgot you never get them right either you silly old git.. :p

The Bedlington Terrier
14-06-2018, 05:04 AM
Ermmmmm….only one, not two going up and down?

Supersub6
14-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Alf--- it seems that the new SL CEO has jumped the gun with this because, according to the RFL, the situation is still under discussion.
One up and one down would seem sensible with the current situation of 12 teams per league and I am in total agreement with promotion and relegation being decided over the course of the season on a week by week basis.
We shall have to wait and see whether this is ratified in the near future so that all clubs will know what they need to do to stay up or to go up.

sinkov
14-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Did you League lads watch our proper team playing the Boks last Saturday ? Real rugby, cracking game, best Rugby I've ever seen from our lads, absolutely awesome ......for 20 minutes.

Supersub6
14-06-2018, 10:03 AM
Did you League lads watch our proper team playing the Boks last Saturday ? Real rugby, cracking game, best Rugby I've ever seen from our lads, absolutely awesome ......for 20 minutes.

No. I watched our Ladies getting beat at cricket by the South Africans. It seems that the South Africans had a great day against the English on Saturday. Mind you the game I watched didn't have people wasting time rolling around the floor and piling on top of each other while they had a rest and taking 2 minutes or more to decide to form a scrum.
Each one to his own though.

Rugby League is the only sport I will watch on TV which takes preference over football ---unless the Clarets are playing!

The Bedlington Terrier
14-06-2018, 01:01 PM

Even the Clarets would get a penalty awarded against our lot...

alfinyalcabo
14-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Alf--- it seems that the new SL CEO has jumped the gun with this because, according to the RFL, the situation is still under discussion.
One up and one down would seem sensible with the current situation of 12 teams per league and I am in total agreement with promotion and relegation being decided over the course of the season on a week by week basis.
We shall have to wait and see whether this is ratified in the near future so that all clubs will know what they need to do to stay up or to go up.

Unbelievable Ashy,they couldn't run a pish up in a brewery ..

Supersub6
14-06-2018, 08:58 PM
Watching Salford v Widnes tonight and was a decent game between two clubs who have been struggling, however, the highlight was a yellow card being given to a Widnes player to spend 10 minutes in the sin bin and on his way off he decided to sarcastically applaud the referee. Bad move --the referee immediately produced a red card thus ending the player's participation in the game. I await to see what other punishment is doled out to him.

My point really is that this happens so much in football and yet the referees do nothing because that is the instruction given to them-----how I would love to see this changed!

Supersub6
15-06-2018, 09:24 PM
alf----did you see the superb match between Rhinos and Saints tonight?
Tremendous game with Saints winning with a dropped goal just 2 minutes from time. Rhinos played out of their skins and missed a penalty which was crucial in the end.
Rugby League at its best and I watched it live in preference to the Spain v Portugal game which had nothing riding on it, although it was a cracking game with some good goals.
The ladies won at cricket too to win the series against South Africa.
Good day of sport with 3 football matches, 1 x RL match and the ladies cricket --who cares about the golf?

The Bedlington Terrier
16-06-2018, 03:46 AM
I care about the golf. The US Open course is brutal and the world's best players are crumbling.

The Iberian peninsula soccer master class was a joy to behold and contained two of the best goals you will see this year.

alfinyalcabo
16-06-2018, 08:14 PM
alf----did you see the superb match between Rhinos and Saints tonight?
Tremendous game with Saints winning with a dropped goal just 2 minutes from time. Rhinos played out of their skins and missed a penalty which was crucial in the end.
Rugby League at its best and I watched it live in preference to the Spain v Portugal game which had nothing riding on it, although it was a cracking game with some good goals.
The ladies won at cricket too to win the series against South Africa.
Good day of sport with 3 football matches, 1 x RL match and the ladies cricket --who cares about w the golf?

Not watching any sport now Ashy as I'm on my travels and rarely put the tele on.. Pity Rhinos couldn't hang on though..
Saw Ronaldos hat trick on news top player..

Supersub6
16-06-2018, 09:08 PM
I thought that you mayhave missed it because Iknew that you were on your travels.
Warriors got back to winning ways at Hull today --thank goodness.
Have fun!

alfinyalcabo
17-06-2018, 08:21 PM
I thought that you mayhave missed it because Iknew that you were on your travels.
Warriors got back to winning ways at Hull today --thank goodness.
Have fun!

Just looked at all the results ,some really close games this week.. Good to see Wigan back winning again,all though a tad lucky with Tomkins kick coming off the post and being regathered to score..lol

Supersub6
17-06-2018, 08:52 PM
Just looked at all the results ,some really close games this week.. Good to see Wigan back winning again,all though a tad lucky with Tomkins kick coming off the post and being regathered to score..lol

Very true, however, that is the sort of luck you sometimes need to turn things around ---let's hope so!

sinkov
17-06-2018, 08:53 PM
Since they switched to summer, what do they do in Castleford in winter ?

Supersub6
17-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Since they switched to summer, what do they do in Castleford in winter ?

Sit and talk about last season whilst looking forward to next season---plus the odd confrontation in the local hostelries! ;D

sinkov
17-06-2018, 10:07 PM
Sit and talk about last season whilst looking forward to next season---plus the odd confrontation in the local hostelries! ;D

My lad lives just down the road, I go over that way a lot, I must be honest, Featherstone is not a place I ever hang around in, but there's a cracking cake shop and cafe in Castleford.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-06-2018, 07:23 AM
The Yorkshire knuckle draggers spoil that area. :(

Supersub6
18-06-2018, 09:55 AM
My lad lives just down the road, I go over that way a lot, I must be honest, Featherstone is not a place I ever hang around in, but there's a cracking cake shop and cafe in Castleford.

I'm quite safe in that area because I have a good friend from Featherstone who I met over 50 years ago when he was in the same RAF Band that I was in. He was a RL player and as hard as nails ---I suppose that BT would class him as a knuckle dragger---but would he tell him to his face? ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
18-06-2018, 01:44 PM
I might sound gormless, but I ain't really! :O

Supersub6
18-06-2018, 01:47 PM
I might sound gormless, but I ain't really! :O

Great response BT ----and very sensible ---he is a man mountain!!

alfinyalcabo
24-06-2018, 08:54 PM
Did you watch the England v New Zealand game in Denver on the Beeb last night Ashy,I thought it was a good game with some decent rugby played ..

Supersub6
24-06-2018, 09:15 PM
I recorded it and have only had time to watch the first half so far --although I do know the score.
My memory so far is of that bint murdering the NZ National Anthem ---she was all over the place and in the wrong key as well ---difficult being a musician!!
The reason that I haven't has time to watch the second half is because it was the second game in the State of Origin this morning and I watched that because they are always very hard games. Then England smashing Panama followed by my missing the next game because I watched Jos Buttler performing miracles to win the ODI for England.
Crap day really !! lol I shall watch the second half of the international at 11 tonight.

alfinyalcabo
24-06-2018, 09:21 PM
Haha,my wife said just the same ,she was awful..lol

I miss the state of origin games,usually three great games.. What's the scores so far Ashy please ?

The Bedlington Terrier
24-06-2018, 09:41 PM

I miss the state of origin games,usually three great games.. What's the scores so far Ashy please ?

Who cares..?

Supersub6
24-06-2018, 09:45 PM

NSW have won them both. They came back from 0-10 down to win 18-14 and they won the first one 22-16 I think.
It is only the second time in thir**** years that NSW have won the series. They were both great games to watch!!

Supersub6
24-06-2018, 09:48 PM
Who cares..?

We do BT and we can honestly say that no children were injured or incarcerated in these games and Brexit or JC never figured in any of them. Life goes on in sport without worrying about anything else. It is a wonderful life when you are apolitical ---you should try it ---not a worry in the world since I retired almost 10 years ago ---truly a wonderful life!

sinkov
25-06-2018, 06:54 AM
News from the world of proper Rugby, SA 10 England 25, the Eddie show is back on the road, World Cup here we come.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-06-2018, 07:23 AM
Eddie might not be getting the World Cup gig.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-06-2018, 07:25 AM
News from the world of proper Rugby, SA 10 England 25, the Eddie show is back on the road, World Cup here we come.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jun/24/eddie-jones-england-world-cup?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=279069&subid=13840666&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

sinkov
25-06-2018, 08:58 AM
It would take a complete disaster in Autumn for them to fire Eddie off so close to a World Cup, he's as safe as anyone in a top level sporting managerial position imo. Sean excepted of course.

alfinyalcabo
25-06-2018, 08:23 PM
NSW have won them both. They came back from 0-10 down to win 18-14 and they won the first one 22-16 I think.
It is only the second time in thir**** years that NSW have won the series. They were both great games to watch!!

Cheers Ashy,hope they can do the hat trick on Queensland.. I see Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum have been spoiling our thread again ..Pair of Numpties.. Lol

sinkov
25-06-2018, 08:47 PM
Cheers Ashy,hope they can do the hat trick on Queensland.. I see Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum have been spoiling our thread again ..Pair of Numpties.. Lol

No need to take that attitude Alfie, I was just borrowing a bit of space on my fellow rugby fans thread. I thought we were all mates together, us egg chasers, but it seems us Union fans are the ones with class, your lot just want an argument. Typical. :p

alfinyalcabo
25-06-2018, 08:52 PM
No need to take that attitude Alfie, I was just borrowing a bit of space on my fellow rugby fans thread. I thought we were all mates together, us egg chasers, but it seems us Union fans are the ones with class, your lot just want an argument. Typical. :p

Now Now Sinky babe,did I mention any names? Don't jump to conclusions..lol

Supersub6
25-06-2018, 09:16 PM
The Union game on Saturday had 81 kicks in it, 11 scrums, 149 rucks and 25 line outs. Quite a number of the scrums took almost 2 minutes out of the game and a couple had to be reset. Line outs also take some considerable time and it this constant stop/start which I find boring. They need to stop the clock on some of these occasions and give the fans value for money, trouble is they would be playing for ever.
sinky --of course the Union fans have class ---they have all the money ----unlike us poor League fans who just love the game regardless of class.

sinkov
26-06-2018, 01:27 PM
The Union game on Saturday had 81 kicks in it, 11 scrums, 149 rucks and 25 line outs. Quite a number of the scrums took almost 2 minutes out of the game and a couple had to be reset. Line outs also take some considerable time and it this constant stop/start which I find boring. They need to stop the clock on some of these occasions and give the fans value for money, trouble is they would be playing for ever.
sinky --of course the Union fans have class ---they have all the money ----unlike us poor League fans who just love the game regardless of class.

I agree about the scrum supersub, it's a mess, it needs sorting, but we won, and did you see that diagonal kick into the corner from Cipriani ? A thing of beauty, under enormous pressure, in atrocious conditions, absolutely exquisite. Nowt like that in League.

Supersub6
26-06-2018, 01:45 PM
I agree about the scrum supersub, it's a mess, it needs sorting, but we won, and did you see that diagonal kick into the corner from Cipriani ? A thing of beauty, under enormous pressure, in atrocious conditions, absolutely exquisite. Nowt like that in League.

The scrums seem to have got worse and it really is time that they did something about it but I am not sure what can be done because it is down to players at the end of the day.
It was a good win but don't kid yourself that Cipriani's kick was anything better than you see in League --you don't watch it so how can you compare? XD

alfinyalcabo
26-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Sinky Babe is a Ribble Valley snob..:D

sinkov
26-06-2018, 08:38 PM
It was a good win but don't kid yourself that Cipriani's kick was anything better than you see in League --you don't watch it so how can you compare? XD

I've tried several times to watch games on TV, in fact lots of times over the years, I can even remember Tom van Vollenhoven jumping ship to play for St Helens, but I don't think I've ever got to the end of a game, given up through boredom, and a lack of silky skills like Cipriani's.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-06-2018, 08:39 PM
That's not at all fair on proper Ribble Valley snobs Alfie. XD

sinkov
26-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Sinky Babe is a Ribble Valley snob..:D

When in Rome Alfie......bloody meusli does get lodged behind my false teeth though.

alfinyalcabo
26-06-2018, 08:49 PM
That's not at all fair on proper Ribble Valley snobs Alfie. XD

And there are plenty of those in the valley BT.. I've met many first hand when I was window blind fitting in Clitheroe for a few years ..Having said that there are a few nice down to earth people around the Valley..lol

Supersub6
26-06-2018, 08:54 PM
alf-- I used to work in the bank in Whalley in another life ---that was very interesting to say the least.

sinkov
27-06-2018, 06:35 AM
The Ribble Valley is where the Rovers players liked to live when Uncle Jack was paying the bills, not so many of them around now. Just to add a bit of snobbish Valley name dropping, Chris Coleman once put in an offer for the house next door to ours, and current Panathinaikos manager and Greek International George Donis lived just round the corner. Those were the days !!

The Bedlington Terrier
27-06-2018, 07:26 AM
Former BWFC players' tea lady lives right opposite us. Beat that sinkov?

sinkov
27-06-2018, 07:30 AM
He paid well did Uncle Jack BT, one of their youth team coaches lived opposite as well.