View Full Version : Barnsley lad

caytonmiller
11-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Imo your contribution to our forum is welcome though can you do us all a favour.
Try to keep your replys Rotherham related..
I know it's hard when you have Barnsley blood running through your veins.. past Barnsley player, liking Plymouth this year to your legendary run last year. Old managers ect us millers are not to bothered about...
Millers topics are being turned into O/T.
Thanks

Acido
11-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Imo your contribution to our forum is welcome though can you do us all a favour. Try to keep your replys Rotherham related.. I know it's hard when you have Barnsley blood running through your veins.. past Barnsley player, liking Plymouth this year to your legendary run last year. Old managers ect us millers are not to bothered about... Millers topics are being turned into O/T. Thanks.

Who is this aimed at, are you on about me and/or Animal ?.
Its not our fault the threads on here go off topic, we dont post on here that often.

millertop
11-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Who is this aimed at, are you on about me and/or Animal ?.
Its not our fault the threads on here go off topic, we dont post on here that often.

Doesn’t bother me if you post on our board, I’m sure I’ll let you know if I don’t agree with something ;D

Acido
11-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Doesn’t bother me if you post on our board, I’m sure I’ll let you know if I don’t agree with something ;D

And thats the way it should be. ;)
Btw Im interested in that thread about which teams you've played the most over the years.

Pattylallacks2
11-03-2018, 12:57 PM
I am always happy to listen to a Barnsley perspective especially when it is on a topic about which I have limited knowledge. So any advice or information about whippets, black pudding, brass bands, Percy Turner pork pies or Kestrels as household pets is very welcome.

Yak
11-03-2018, 12:58 PM
You forgot the dingles 😆

animallittle3
11-03-2018, 01:05 PM
We went off on a bit of a tangent last night with Vaz Te and the Keith Hill thread so fair enough .

Generally speaking there's often a link between the millers and ourselves on the topics we join in with .

Kieffer Moore

Should we follow the Barnsley model

Keith Hill

Ronnie Moore and his hat , not many knew how that song started and I was happy to tell you the story .

I also get asked questions by millers fans regarding this , that and the other , the new ownership , do you think you will stay up ? .

We often revisit the early 80's when both clubs went toe to toe in the 3rd and 2nd divisions .

More times than not there's a link .

animallittle3
11-03-2018, 01:06 PM
You forgot the dingles 😆

Toytowner

:-) :-) :-)

Acido
11-03-2018, 01:08 PM
I am always happy to listen to a Barnsley perspective especially when it is on a topic about which I have limited knowledge. So any advice or information about whippets, black pudding, brass bands, Percy Turner pork pies or Kestrels as household pets is very welcome.

Don't be daft lad, I haven't got a scooby doo (clue) who Percy Turner is. Is he a massive Fowls fan when they're doing well ?. :D
And as for the Dingles, thats Burnsley in Lancashire isn't it lol.

Yak
11-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Don’t really see what problem is tbh acido and Animal are imo objective and have always wished the millers well.
Although Cayton did say your welcome just stop talking about Barnsley.
How are Barnsley doing ? 😆😆

millertop
11-03-2018, 01:15 PM
Don’t really see what problem is tbh acido and Animal are imo objective and have always wished the millers well.
Although Cayton did say your welcome just stop talking about Barnsley.
How are Barnsley doing ? ����

XD Moore scored but did they lose? ;)

Acido
11-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Yes he/Moore did score yesterday, and he hit the post later on. If that had gone in he might have gone on to get a hat trick.
Keifer Moore and hat tricks, now that is cloud cuckoo land isn't it. :P

Pattylallacks2
11-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Toytowner

What a winger he was!

Casper64Frank
11-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Fair comment cayton. Maybe I helped take it off topic mentioning Vaz Te and Keith Hills poor win record for the Tykes. I was trying to make the point that Hilly has good points & bad points like most managers.
Still don't like the guy though.

Only just forgiven the Tyke that threw 2 half housebricks at me from the Ponty End many years ago...
One had 'Stair' on it the other had ' foot ' on it. [ Stairfoot Brick Company ] >;)

:star: KING RONNIE RULES :star: UP THE MILLERS

ilikecarling
11-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Toytowner

Thee Muvva is thee favva...........owd on mixed up day for these dwellers today

Pattylallacks2
11-03-2018, 03:57 PM
Thee Muvva is thee favva...........owd on mixed up day for these dwellers today

Couldn't have put it better

animallittle3
11-03-2018, 06:14 PM
Don't be daft lad, I haven't got a scooby doo (clue) who Percy Turner is. Is he a massive Fowls fan when they're doing well ?. :D
And as for the Dingles, thats Burnsley in Lancashire isn't it lol.

If you don't know who Percy Turner is then your clearly only half a tyke .

Pattylallacks2
11-03-2018, 06:17 PM
If you don't know who Percy Turner is then your clearly only half a tyke .

Either that or he's telling pork pies

Acido
11-03-2018, 06:35 PM
As Ive mentioned before, I used to like the pork pies on Barnsley market, but they went downhill.
Ohh and heres another shocker, I cant stand black pudding. :O

I agree with the bit about King Ronnie rules... Ronnie Glavin eh, what a player he was. ;D

Pattylallacks2
11-03-2018, 06:47 PM
They moved Barnsley market?

Acido
11-03-2018, 06:48 PM
They moved Barnsley market?

Yes it just rolled away into the distance, its a very hilly town didnt you know ?. ;)

Ericsladkilnhurst
11-03-2018, 06:57 PM
Nowt wrong with Percy Turner's pork pies, or Barnsley black pudding.
Percy Turner's pork pies sold in Rotherham on the Tuesday market, also in Wombwell market on a Friday.

Pattylallacks2
11-03-2018, 07:03 PM
They'll be the ones that have rolled downhill in Barnsley.

Grist_To_The_Mill
11-03-2018, 07:52 PM
Nowt wrong with Percy Turner's pork pies, or Barnsley black pudding.
Percy Turner's pork pies sold in Rotherham on the Tuesday market, also in Wombwell market on a Friday.

For those local to Wath the butchers there also sells them.

Pattylallacks2
11-03-2018, 08:12 PM
Will he only sell them to locals. I thought that only happened in Royston Vesey?

caytonmiller
12-03-2018, 08:34 AM
Yes acido it was aimed at yourself and animal..
as said, no problems with any supporters be it Barnsley or other clubs contributing to our forum.... It just gets a bit meh especially after a loss. Maybe I should have posted in the Mardy thread.

Acido
12-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Don't worry about it kid, and it certainly won't affect the way I post anyway. :P