PDA

View Full Version : West Ham in a world of pain

blueheeler1
12-03-2018, 02:18 AM
Its hard to forget the violence of the Green Street film and the dark other side of the Hanmer's so-called fans.

I watched a You Tube video after the Burnley game to try and understand why there is so much anx against the West Ham Board.

Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vphlF7Aeds.

Funny but an honest ran by a serial poster.

I know there are many issues facing West Ham; one of them being a take-over of the West Ham fan base by the "Dark Side'".

I wonder how all this will end.

Just happy we are a world away from issues like this which will destroy the club at least in the short term.

I would expect the Board to resign in the face of such hostility as demonstrated on their ground during the Burnley game; then what?

The Bedlington Terrier
12-03-2018, 06:50 AM
Their pain is only just beginning...

Wait until the PC Brigade, the Government, the London Stadium safety representatives, Sadiq Khan and the FA start scapegoating...>:)

oldcolner
12-03-2018, 07:38 AM
BH
Don’t hold your breath. There are 7 on the Board, the fans want co chairs Sullivan Gold and vice chair Brady out. Gold isn’t going anywhere he said.
Brooking to the rescue maybe, but he isn’t on the Board.

oldcolner
12-03-2018, 08:38 AM
A summary of the Stadium issue offers no easy answers to it or the Board problems
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5488183/London-Stadium-lightning-rod-West-Ham-complaint

They have five more home games left talk of reduced capacity, closed doors and police barriers so far.
Action could come from the local Council, the Stadium owners as well as the FA.

blueheeler1
13-03-2018, 03:54 AM
A summary of the Stadium issue offers no easy answers to it or the Board problems
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5488183/London-Stadium-lightning-rod-West-Ham-complaint

They have five more home games left talk of reduced capacity, closed doors and police barriers so far.
Action could come from the local Council, the Stadium owners as well as the FA.

As an old boy with a bit of experience you have to say "move on".

There is no percentage in West Ham fans crying about the loss of Upton Park; it's gone.

Brighton and the sell out of the Goldstone immediately come to mind; its gone--they moved on to better things; (the old) Wimbledon did as well.

Some aspects of West Ham are crying that only part of their new ground is in West Ham, the other part of the entrance is in another Manor. FFS!

They also hate the LONDON underneath their new badge. They say they are not LONDON but don't say what they should be. West London? For gods sake!

There is an anchor being dragged along by their so-called supporters in 2018.

It may well cost the club its existence--and I can't help thinking this is what they really want.

Prime working class supporters? Give me a break.

The Bedlington Terrier
13-03-2018, 07:07 AM
This is worth a read...
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/mar/12/west-ham-united-olympic-stadium-richard-williams?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=267193&subid=13840666&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2#comment-113460581
I hope we learn from the Hammers lesson and leave the hallowed Turf well alone!

blueheeler1
13-03-2018, 07:26 AM
This is worth a read...
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/mar/12/west-ham-united-olympic-stadium-richard-williams?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=267193&subid=13840666&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2#comment-113460581
I hope we learn from the Hammers lesson and leave the hallowed Turf well alone!

BT what is so hard to get your head around is that 40M is stuff all today.

You may get two decent players.

And that's not worth selling your legacy and heritage for.

35,000 at Upton Park was a good number.

It makes selling your ground a bitter to swallow.

But its happened.

Get rid of the Directors by all means but what is the plan B?

What is the next move?

Clearly there is so much capital being spent on plan A that no-one seems to have an answer going forward.

The ideal situation is to find someone with real money to build another stadium in West Ham.

Good luck finding a Santa Clause and the land that goes with it.

The Bedlington Terrier
13-03-2018, 08:25 AM
The thing that baffles me blueheeler is that the West Ham fans know there is no way back now into the east end of London.

The ship has sailed. Fighting amongst themselves and scaring children s - h - i - t less is not going to help.

The protesting should have been done at the Boleyn ground and now it's too late!

Get over it, get behind their team and pray they stay up, but I don't think they will! :blue:

sinkov
13-03-2018, 08:27 PM
The thing that baffles me blueheeler is that the West Ham fans know there is no way back now into the east end of London. The ship has sailed. Fighting amongst themselves and scaring children s - h - i - t less is not going to help.

You might know that, I might know that, anyone with a modicum of intelligence would know that, but look at the video of the protesting fans, not exactly the sharpest looking knives in the box are they ? I doubt there were any brain surgeons on their afternoon off in amongst that lot.

oldcolner
13-03-2018, 11:42 PM
The club are suing the stadium landlords London Legacy Development co. for £100m for loss of money because they thought they could have 60000 in there, but the owners settled on 57000. So the club are losing 3000 punters each home game. The court case is set for November.
Now these two are having to try to cooperate to try to sort out the response to the crowd problems. You couldn’t make it up.
Meanwhile the fans have a ground with no club customisation, owners they don’t trust, little investment in players.

blueheeler1
14-03-2018, 02:16 AM
The club are suing the stadium landlords London Legacy Development co. for £100m for loss of money because they thought they could have 60000 in there, but the owners settled on 57000. So the club are losing 3000 punters each home game. The court case is set for November.
Now these two are having to try to cooperate to try to sort out the response to the crowd problems. You couldn’t make it up.
Meanwhile the fans have a ground with no club customisation, owners they don’t trust, little investment in players.

From what I have read and seen the "state of the art football pitch" as promised is just an Olympic stadium.

The Directors promised that the seating arrangement (ie nearer the pitch) would be done. In fact it can't, as yet, because there is a running track that can not be compromised.

Its a concrete block with nowhere to put memorabilia up or make it "homely".

It is a shambles and the rant is understandable.

I agree with the post that states they are no brain surgeons in the thuggery but is seems that they are hell bent on changing those in power for their lies and promises not kept.

The way I see it a new directorship may renegotiate the stadium to get to somewhere acceptable to the fans.

It should be possible otherwise there is no otherwise.

The Bedlington Terrier
14-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Henry Winter encapsulates the situation perfectly...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/west-ham-cant-continue-in-london-stadium-0h60m9d23