PDA

View Full Version : Jim Bowen

Altobelli
14-03-2018, 06:01 PM
R.I.P.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43403178

Supersub6
14-03-2018, 06:53 PM
Compered quite a number of concerts when I was in the RAF. He was always a gentleman and was excellent in his role as compere and very funny both on and off the stage. R.I.P. Jim Bowen and thanks for some wonderful memories.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-03-2018, 06:11 AM
I don't know why but every time he said, "and this is what you could have won" followed by the look on the losing contestant's face, always had me laughing like a deranged eejit! :D

Acido
15-03-2018, 07:12 PM
Super, smashing, great, and stay out of the black and into the red (or was it the other way round ? lol)

Seriously though, I always had time for Jim Bowen but I didnt find Ken Dodd at all funny if Im honest. Maybe it IS all down to age as well as taste. :s

sinkov
15-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Good lad Jim, although he was a few years older than me we had a lot in common, he was brought up very close to where I was, we went to the same school, Accy Grammar, and we were both wasting our time as we both left with just one O level. There the similarities end, he had a lot more talent than me, and no doubt a much healthier bank balance.

Acido
15-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Also Sinkov I didnt make my point as clear as I wanted to, I was trying to say "Maybe it IS all down to age and where we all come from, as well as taste."

This might sound like a really odd thing to suggest, but do you all know what I mean ?

footy_le_bordel
17-03-2018, 02:46 AM
Also Sinkov I didnt make my point as clear as I wanted to, I was trying to say "Maybe it IS all down to age and where we all come from, as well as taste."

This might sound like a really odd thing to suggest, but do you all know what I mean ?

consummate pro with jim here. he's lit his fag before he starts.
17 mins in...

https://youtu.be/AanY7l_yX_M?t=1066

wmdave_b
17-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Went to a supporters club lunch at the Turf, maybe 14 years ago, and the club had him booked, Barry Kilby was Chairman, ITV Digital days. Interesting lunch and Jim had me in stitches. Always liked him, funny Fella. RIP Jim Bowen.