PDA

View Full Version : Ben Mee off down south??

oldcolner
25-03-2018, 09:23 AM
The Sun on Sunday reports that Mee may be the latest key man to potentially jump ship in the summer as he approaches the final year of his contract at Turf Moor and talks over an extension have stalled.

The Sun on Sunday adds that Spurs and the Gunners could be weighing up a potential move for the 28-year-old at the end of the campaign - but they could have to pay £20 million to make a deal happen, according to the report.

Nixon reports that Sean Dyche is concerned about losing him for nothing in the summer of 2019 and will therefore look seriously at any offers that might come in this summer. He believes we would look for a fee in the region of £20 million.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-03-2018, 09:43 AM
A bit of a talisman for me is Ben.

sinkov
25-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Not too surprising, if you play in one of the best defences in the league you're going to attract the attention of the big six. I would think there's the possibility of us losing both Tarko and Mee in summer, especially as their agents will be rubbing their hands at the thought, and there are clubs out there who can easily afford to make us, and the players, offers that can't be refused.

It is what it is, no point worrying about it.

oldcolner
25-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Valued on Transfermarkt at £7.2m and shown as being £90k in Aug 2011 when he joined. Don’t know what we paid but if we for £20m that would be good business.
Long covered well for his injury so maybe it’s his turn for the SD magic money tree.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-03-2018, 04:02 PM
I don't think Mee will leave Burnley, neither will Tarkowski nor Pope.

Next season we are likely to be in Europe and with three or four quality additions to bolster the squad, a top four finish is entirely possible.

Mee might be p-i--ssed because he is not getting England recognition but Hey Ho, it's rubbish playing for England anyway! XD

alfinyalcabo
25-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Id snap up 20 million for Ben anytime.. Sean will have someone in mind to replace him..

oldcolner
25-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Dawson for £10m maybe.

blueheeler1
26-03-2018, 03:40 AM
A bit of a talisman for me is Ben.

IMO Ben is outstanding and I cant image a defence without him.

He is the unsung hero For mine.

Leaving?

I would give him a big rise to keep him.

He is not just a talisman he is a great player for us and does all the hard unseen work as well as the stuff you do notice.

Brave and committed. What more could you want?

Whoever you buy as replacement couldn't be better

So what's the point?

The Bedlington Terrier
26-03-2018, 08:13 AM
I find it hard to understand how we consistently allow ourselves to be in this "End of Contract" situation.

Anyway what's not been done needs doing with a massive contract hike that keeps Ben with us for another five years - at least.

Just do it!