PDA

View Full Version : FAO Alto

alfinyalcabo
25-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Where the phook are you hiding, the matron got you doing domestic jobs? Lol

Altobelli
26-03-2018, 04:46 PM
These weeks without a Burnley game is killing me alf, so trying to keep busy, but I have been on the board occasionally.

On the plus side:

Been pressure washing the garden and potting on my plug plants in the Conservatory which has took me about 3 days, cannot move in there now which is driving Matron crazy, but she enjoys the benefits when they are eventually displayed in the garden.

We had mirrored sliding wardrobes in the bedroom going along 2 walls in a large L shape in the bedroom fitted about 5 years ago, like all women she decided to rip them out (using me) not so long ago, and had workman in to a complete fitted doors with super dooper hanging space, draws and shelving, obviously for her as my clothes are crumpled up as she's more clothes than anyone I know.

So I thought phuck this and tilted the bed open and moved all the bedding and more of her clothes into half the bed storage, got my "extra" clothes that needed shrink wrapping and putting in the loft a while ago, sorted them and the one's I'd already been "allowed" to hang in the wardrobe, Chose her clothes that I know she had not used for years and dumped them in the bed storage and proudly hung mine, it took me a few days doing that, I thought she'd have a hissy fit when I'd finished, she just said "You have a good memory".

Been reading about the health benefits of Turmeric, Chia Seeds, Saffron and others, also delving into a couple of Nick Abbot books, you wouldn't like him alf, he's anti Political and does not take too kindly to the Royals, he's a good read with plenty of humour thrown in though.

Had some of Matrons family down one weekend, bought a good Mp3 Walkman with some of my Christmas money the other week and spent a few days transferring tunes onto it, been shooting Squirrels with my air rifle as they keep upsetting the bird feeders.

Always do the Ironing, cleaning windows, washing (just the dark stuff), sweeping and mopping, always stood next to the sink washing up, as I never use the dishwasher as I just don't like them, .

Spent too much money lately with Q V C, Ebay and Amazon.

​Job Centre is driving me crazy telling me to look for a job when I'm still not able to work and waiting for the OP on me bolloc, which the Hospital is phucking things up with no OP date in sight, I should count my blessings as my other main problem seems to have solved itself unless its working in the background to bring me down.

Had trouble with me teeth (terrible toothache) for the last six weeks (should have looked after them better in my youth), eventually had the 2 that was troubling me out last week, cannot be arsed having fillings as that drill scares the life out of me, rather just have em whipped out, and probably in later life, or fairly soon have to take my food through a straw.

Had trouble with ClaretsPlayer, could not tune into Burnley's last game or view any video's, looked at my account and it said my membership was due to end in 2020, emailed BFC, they told me it had already expired and I needed to subscribe again, and then would you believe it my email went up the spout for 10 days.

And after all that the last few day's I must have pulled a muscle or summat in my back as its giving me grief when I try and bend.

To top it all, even though Whitty has been trying to help me, my IPTV player wont work for sport and Burnley games.

And FFS ! next weekend after I have waited ages is Burnley's game at West Brom and I'm having to go to a family wedding in Chelmsford for the weekend.

But thanks for asking alf :)

alfinyalcabo
26-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Ah well,no rest for the wicked Alto..;)....I'm off up to the lakes in the morning for 12 nights,so won't be posting much (a big sigh of relief from everybody lol ) unless I decide to spend some money on my 3G dongle.. Can't see me doing that though.. Have a good Easter and see you in a couple of weeks..

Altobelli
26-03-2018, 07:25 PM
I would have thought with all the weather warnings that it would be iffy to venture out, hope it holds well for you, and the Motorhome, have a great time alf and be safe.

alfinyalcabo
26-03-2018, 08:01 PM
I would have thought with all the weather warnings that it would be iffy to venture out, hope it holds well for you, and the Motorhome, have a great time alf and be safe.

What weather warnings ya Phookin sarthern softee.. You've been down there far too long..lol

Norder
26-03-2018, 08:25 PM

you been busy Alto - as for bedrooms....that bed room - all that space going to waste - get that lump out of the way I say....so do like the wall bed idea - flip it up and hide it when not in use....even a roll up futon mattress would do....but am yet to convince Mrs Norder on either - as "what else would go there" - "nothing", I say....though we do agree on Turmeric - is certainly tasty and with its added health benefits....as seen on the Asian side - are known to be low on neurodegenerative diseases - and it's all down to a compound in that magic root...it seems - Nature has a cure for everything.

I also like music on the go - for mp3, there's no shortage - being any ytube song can be downloaded free - I use "4kdownloader" - is a quick and easy.

...12 nights in the lakes Alfin - what could be nicer !

Cheers.

:)

Altobelli
26-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Yes brilliant that we can download any music from ytube, I can lose myself for hours on their, I use this one after the official ytube one was taken off http://youtubemp3.to/

Bought some Turmeric in powder form, read that you could make a nice Milk drink with it, so I boiled it for 8 minutes to bring out the curcurmin, added cinnamon and black pepper, it tasted crap, so I put a sugar in it, if I'd have put 6 sugars in it would not have made any difference, so it went down the sink, ordered some Termeric in tablet form early this morning XD But at least I'm happy with my Chia seeds :)

As for our bed, again it was Matrons idea, she wanted an expensive Tempur one, and I must admit its a pleasure to sleep on, plus the added bonus of storage underneath.

Yes alf the weather warning, that Claret supporting weatherman John Ketley said not to rule out snow for easter, and seeing the weekly forecast on Country File yesterday its going to be colder with plenty of wind and rain especially up North, I don't mind bad weather alf but summer needs to get here soon.

Norder
26-03-2018, 11:29 PM
Yes brilliant that we can download any music from ytube, I can lose myself for hours on their, I use this one after the official ytube one was taken off http://youtubemp3.to/

Bought some Turmeric in powder form, read that you could make a nice Milk drink with it....

Never tried making a drink from it Alto - also have the tablets and buy the root for grating to add to food - or just munching on - though need to clean the teeth soon after - brush off that yellow curcumin.

thedownloader.....http://youtubemp3.to/ - opened up your link and clicked on the box where you'd paste the link - and my security popped up with a window showing a PuP (potentially unwanted programme) ....could be a nothing, but as it downloads to it - then you download from it to your computer - could be sending a nasty with every copy - then maybe not - could just be my security setting.

With 4k downloader - you download the software to your computer - same as - link in a box - and it downloads to your computer - never had any warnings - just as it states on its webpage - No toolbars, no adware, no malware.
https://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videotomp3

as for......

http://big5kayakchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/inspirational-funny-get-well-soon-memes-funny-well-soon-memes-image-memes-at-relatably-funny-get-well-soon-memes.png

be well - Alto

;D

marco_pol
03-05-2018, 08:32 AM
I've been trying that downloader as well and it's quite nice but copy and paste links from Youtube URL could be annoying, especially when you use it many times. I've found recently very quick and easy mp3 downloader which uses YT API and shows all YT content, that makes the whole search and download process easier in use - https://mp3skull-tube.net

Altobelli
03-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Hello marco_pol, Welcome :)

gaz1959
04-05-2018, 05:52 PM
These weeks without a Burnley game is killing me alf, so trying to keep busy, but I have been on the board occasionally.

On the plus side:

Been pressure washing the garden and potting on my plug plants in the Conservatory which has took me about 3 days, cannot move in there now which is driving Matron crazy, but she enjoys the benefits when they are eventually displayed in the garden.

We had mirrored sliding wardrobes in the bedroom going along 2 walls in a large L shape in the bedroom fitted about 5 years ago, like all women she decided to rip them out (using me) not so long ago, and had workman in to a complete fitted doors with super dooper hanging space, draws and shelving, obviously for her as my clothes are crumpled up as she's more clothes than anyone I know.

So I thought phuck this and tilted the bed open and moved all the bedding and more of her clothes into half the bed storage, got my "extra" clothes that needed shrink wrapping and putting in the loft a while ago, sorted them and the one's I'd already been "allowed" to hang in the wardrobe, Chose her clothes that I know she had not used for years and dumped them in the bed storage and proudly hung mine, it took me a few days doing that, I thought she'd have a hissy fit when I'd finished, she just said "You have a good memory".

Been reading about the health benefits of Turmeric, Chia Seeds, Saffron and others, also delving into a couple of Nick Abbot books, you wouldn't like him alf, he's anti Political and does not take too kindly to the Royals, he's a good read with plenty of humour thrown in though.

Had some of Matrons family down one weekend, bought a good Mp3 Walkman with some of my Christmas money the other week and spent a few days transferring tunes onto it, been shooting Squirrels with my air rifle as they keep upsetting the bird feeders.

Always do the Ironing, cleaning windows, washing (just the dark stuff), sweeping and mopping, always stood next to the sink washing up, as I never use the dishwasher as I just don't like them, .

Spent too much money lately with Q V C, Ebay and Amazon.

​Job Centre is driving me crazy telling me to look for a job when I'm still not able to work and waiting for the OP on me bolloc, which the Hospital is phucking things up with no OP date in sight, I should count my blessings as my other main problem seems to have solved itself unless its working in the background to bring me down.

Had trouble with me teeth (terrible toothache) for the last six weeks (should have looked after them better in my youth), eventually had the 2 that was troubling me out last week, cannot be arsed having fillings as that drill scares the life out of me, rather just have em whipped out, and probably in later life, or fairly soon have to take my food through a straw.

Had trouble with ClaretsPlayer, could not tune into Burnley's last game or view any video's, looked at my account and it said my membership was due to end in 2020, emailed BFC, they told me it had already expired and I needed to subscribe again, and then would you believe it my email went up the spout for 10 days.

And after all that the last few day's I must have pulled a muscle or summat in my back as its giving me grief when I try and bend.

To top it all, even though Whitty has been trying to help me, my IPTV player wont work for sport and Burnley games.

And FFS ! next weekend after I have waited ages is Burnley's game at West Brom and I'm having to go to a family wedding in Chelmsford for the weekend.

But thanks for asking alf :)

Seems you're ready to get back to ding ding a ling

Altobelli
04-05-2018, 09:53 PM
No more buses for me Gaz, the threat of picking alf or 59/60 up worries the hell out of me :(

Got a part time HGV class 1 job set up after my op, but never again in a bus.

gaz1959
04-05-2018, 09:58 PM
yeah yeah heaard it all before

Once a clippy always a clippy

ding dong

Acido
04-05-2018, 10:13 PM
No more buses for me Gaz, the threat of picking alf or 59/60 up worries the hell out of me :(
Got a part time HGV class 1 job set up after my op, but never again in a bus.

Ive had an ongoing dispute with a scumbag ignorant Arriva bus driver recently Alto, on the busy 189 bus in the Normy/Cas/Wakey area. Some of them are little Hitlers, sat there passing judgment over anybody and everybody!.

Altobelli
04-05-2018, 10:28 PM
I know Acido, a lot of them can be more than just a jobs worth, as long as you were pleasant you could get on my bus with a Tesco shopping card and I'd still let you on :)

Acido
04-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Im always pleasant Alto because I know the value of customer service (although some who know me might disagree with that lol). He however was insulting and he whinged about me to the other passengers as I walked upstairs, they shouldnt be allowed to get away with that.
Are you a Bussy then, I didnt know that. You/we really do learn summat new every day. :)

Altobelli
04-05-2018, 11:12 PM
Originally I was a Welder (stick or gas) when I was in Burnley, when the work dried up in 1979 I moved to London to get some, I've done what seems everything from Cab driver, Cab Controller, Driving Instructor Live in Bar Cellarman, Lorry Driver, Warehouseman, Roofer, Hod Carrier and lots of others, did my first stint of 10 years on the buses then got p!ssed off with shifts and the abuse, after doing my second stint of Driving Instructing for 6 years the work dried up as cheap Schools seemed to spring up and drown the work, I had to go back to Bus driving just for the money, after my last 8 years I've certainly had enough of it and will never go back to it.

Acido
04-05-2018, 11:32 PM
Ive always watched those HGV'ers on the motorways Alto and thought, what sort of mindset does it take to do a job like that.
Living on the road and eating those chunky Yorkie choccy bars ?. (or is that just a tv myth) :P

Altobelli
04-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Trunking is a schite job Acido, I went for a job at a company called Millbank, I asked how many nights I'd be away sleeping in the cab, they said once a month, on the first day I took a chiller from Basildon to Plymouth, I called in when the crane lifted it off me to the top of the Hospital to say I was coming home, they said get to Southend and pick up a container and take it to Carlisle, then they ran me to Wales for a trip to Lincoln and so on and so forth, even when you park overnight at a service station with showers and a change of clothes you still feel unclean, they even paid for me to stay in a B and B in Redcar for 24 hours so I did not go over my driving/working hours, needless to say I only stayed for a month.

sinkov
06-05-2018, 10:01 AM
I used to do a bit on my days off for a local firm and an agency, can't say I really enjoyed it, the driving was OK, but the time pressures and being fecked about just got me down. It wasn't my main job, just some extra money, so I could walk away any time I felt like it, which I did after a couple of years. My mate landed on his feet with one regular run though, Michelin Burnley down to Michelin Stoke, drop off and back, it was during the night but it was an absolute doddle. It was a Class 1 job though, so I couldn't do it.

Altobelli
06-05-2018, 11:25 AM
My old man used to work for Michelin sinkov, was it up Widow lane ? opposite Basnet Street School, when I was at School I used to see his mate drive him up to work as we didn't own a car at the time, he was offered the top job of Manager at one point, his workmates wanted him to do it, my Mum also, he said no chance would he move into Management as he was one of the lads and would remain one.

sinkov
07-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Yes up Widow Hill Road Alto, I was like your dad as well, never wanted promotion, fireman all my career, just one of the lads.