PDA

View Full Version : I totally get Jeff Hendrick now...

The Bedlington Terrier
30-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Read this and we might all understand just what SD gets out of Jeff Hendrick...

http://www.football365.com/news/forensically-watching-ordinary-player-jeff-hendrick

Altobelli
30-03-2018, 01:40 PM
It does not change my mind about him at all.

sinkov
31-03-2018, 12:55 AM
Nah, I don't buy it. A considerable dose of technical skill, and one of his strengths is his touch ? Is this guy watching our Jeff Hendrick, his technical skill is below average for the PL, and his first touch is one of the weaknesses in his game.

I can see why Sean brought him in, his performances for Eire and Derby were excellent, but for whatever reason he hasn't come close to that level with us. Imo Sean has shown patience and maybe a bit if stubbornness, after all he spent a lot of money on him by our standards, so he's not going to write him off in a hurry. Let's see if he can keep either Wood or Barnes out of the team, if he can then I'll hold my hand up, if those two stay fit I reckon he's in for a bit of bench-warming.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-03-2018, 05:11 AM
Hendrick has consistently been part of team who sit 7th in the EPL, he can't be a bad player can he?

"Recycling the second ball", I've never been aware of that concept before. Perhaps SD really, really knows what he is doing?

oldcolner
31-03-2018, 06:38 AM
If he is that good why does he get subbed so often and so early? Pity Brady is out as they seem to help each other. But will he get back in the team with Westwood doing well?

The Bedlington Terrier
31-03-2018, 07:08 AM
I think that is a tactical switch OC and it seems to be working too! XD

sinkov
31-03-2018, 08:36 AM
Hendrick has consistently been part of team who sit 7th in the EPL, he can't be a bad player can he?
"Recycling the second ball", I've never been aware of that concept before. Perhaps SD really, really knows what he is doing?

I'm not suggesting he is a bad player, just that he is, imo, our least effective player, and it may well be that we sit in 7th despite Hendrick, not because of him.

If he really is such a master of 2nd ball re-cycling, facilitating and unselfishly bringing our other attacking players into the game, then how is it that 16 other teams in this league have scored more goals than we have. Presumably these teams have better 2nd ball re-cyclers than Jeff, or it could be that piece is bollox.

He might have been consistently in the team, but Wood has been out injured for a long period, it will be interesting to see how much faith Sean has in 2nd ball re-cycling now that Wood appears to be fully fit again.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-03-2018, 11:51 AM
I have a sincere feeling that Hendrick might be recycling his arse to the substitutes bench on a permanent basis, but Hey Ho whatever SD decides is OK with me! :D

barrie_burn
31-03-2018, 05:07 PM
In the coming years there will be much more re-cycling happening and we only play with one ball anyway.I think SD is ahead of the game,a very shrewd signing.