PDA

View Full Version : Last day of the season

Twirlo70
30-03-2018, 04:17 PM
its definitely going down to the last day to see whos gonna be in the play offs ,thats if we can put our chances away. theres gonna be about 6 or 7 sides in with a chance,who,d have thought US BEING ONE OF EM. UTB

JJBlade
30-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Not putting chances away is always the scourge of Sheffield United..........The reason why ?
The most expensive type of footballer there is, so we have to manage without them.

Earlier in the season our finishing was just as wayward but we created so many chances and because we took one or two of them nobody noticed

We have an eternal battle of either scoring a couple of goals having created a hundred chances or not creating enough chances and the poor conversion rate costing us
It's the reason why as fans we can never relax during any game

blades58
30-03-2018, 06:21 PM
It may well go to the last day of the season, but alas, I don't think we will be one of the teams involved.

The remaining fixtures I believe will scupper our chances

Hope I'm wrong tho

tomytony
30-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Wolves did their bit and , so far , Sunderland are 2 up at Derby after 36 minutes.

Ayamonteblade
30-03-2018, 08:39 PM
now 1-4 .....pretty decent result for today compared to othets

BlockD
31-03-2018, 07:55 AM
Will be in North London

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
31-03-2018, 08:03 AM
Its a no ta from me regarding the playoffs,i think we will just miss out anyway thankfully.

Wilder can get cracking early doors on dumping some of the chaff and bringing in some quality that will make a diffrence next season.

Millwall will be in the Prem next season,being saying so on S2 for a number of weeks now,that will be awful for the Prem.

Ayamonteblade
31-03-2018, 08:22 AM
Would love to watch the Blades at Wembley and not.leave in tears for.once. Agree that this season is a bit early for us but there will never be a perfect time

FatherKnowsBest
31-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Would love to watch the Blades at Wembley and not.leave in tears for.once. Agree that this season is a bit early for us but there will never be a perfect time

Impossible not to leave Wembley in tears, and that's just from seeing the price of a beer and a pie!

Although we're still in the mix, if we get into the play-offs it looks like we might have to beat Villa over 2 legs and Fulham in the final. Whilst it's not impossible, it is unlikely, its so unlikely that there's a bit of me that thinks instead of prolonging the season and missing out anyway, I'd rather us finish 7th and get on with summer recruitment and getting everyone fit and ready for next season.

tomytony
31-03-2018, 09:02 AM
Impossible not to leave Wembley in tears, and that's just from seeing the price of a beer and a pie!

Although we're still in the mix, if we get into the play-offs it looks like we might have to beat Villa over 2 legs and Fulham in the final. Whilst it's not impossible, it is unlikely, its so unlikely that there's a bit of me that thinks instead of prolonging the season and missing out anyway, I'd rather us finish 7th and get on with summer recruitment and getting everyone fit and ready for next season.

Very pragmatic FKB.

Kills the hope but realistic - but we all live on hope , what ifs, always got a chance in a one off game etc etc etc. :)

bulmer1889
31-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Who gave Huddersfield a chance last season bang out of form and got to the prem without scoring a goal bit extreme I know but owt can happen,how many times have we been favourites and failed

Having said all that I don't think we will finish in the top 6 anyway but if we did with the games we've still got to play I'd fancy us

FatherKnowsBest
31-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Very pragmatic FKB.

Kills the hope but realistic - but we all live on hope , what ifs, always got a chance in a one off game etc etc etc. :)

Amazingly, after a really poor run of form for the last 20 games, we still have a good chance. Derby have only got 9pts from the last 10 and they're still above us! Its a funny owd game, TT, and no mistake.

I'm not ruling out the chance that it could be our turn to have our day in the sun at Wembley (at last), but if it was a choice of 7th or beaten finalists, I'd prefer to take 7th.

GuancheBlade
31-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Millwall will be in the Prem next season,being saying so on S2 for a number of weeks now,that will be awful for the Prem.

If Millwall finish above us then we've done something very wrong considering how superior we were to them last season.

JJBlade
31-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Its a no ta from me regarding the playoffs,i think we will just miss out anyway thankfully.

Wilder can get cracking early doors on dumping some of the chaff and bringing in some quality that will make a diffrence next season.

Ambitious as ever.
Isn't the losing finalist about £2 million better off for a start.

That's about 14 new players from League One and Two for us.

Currieisgod
31-03-2018, 01:22 PM
It's fantastic that our season is probably going to keep us on tenterhooks until the last day but I blame the lack of investment in January which will be the reason why we will probably.miss out.
Yesterday's chances missed were evidence of that as a little more quality up front would win us these nip and tuck type games.
Our defence and midfield at least have depth to compete however I worry about what we have up top unless Brooks comes good. UTB

Twirlo70
31-03-2018, 02:04 PM
If Millwall finish above us then we've done something very wrong considering how superior we were to them last season.its unbelievable how millwall are above us. we were streets ahead of them. their having their run now,will it last god knows. we just havnt got over coutts getting injured. strikers missing chance after chance after chance. if only, if only if only. football is nothing more than taking ya chance when its there to take. goal scoring, a place in the team,team selection, a quick pass., a good tackle, providing good money when we,re almost there. first 20 games everything was right,last twenty just shows ya how football can turn round and put ya reight back down again. if only mcabe and the bog roll prince had gave wilder some serious money in january what could have happened. but we can live in hope ,who knows what can happen,it is football after all.

GrayBlade
31-03-2018, 02:15 PM
I think it’s unbelievable that some Blades don’t want us to take our chance if it comes our way and see which way it rolls.

There’s no guarantee that we’ll be back in this position again for again for years even with better backing, look at the Pork and other clubs, or that some of us will still be around to see it. ;)

I say grab everything we can whilst the grabbing’s good if we can. Life’s too short to pee abaht with jam tomorrow.

Ayamonteblade
31-03-2018, 02:34 PM
patience is a virtue Gray.....Rome wasn't built in a day 😉

GrayBlade
31-03-2018, 03:45 PM
patience is a virtue Gray.....Rome wasn't built in a day ��
Only if time is not of the essence.

You might have a different take on the matter when you reach your pensionable age young lady. ;D

Ayamonteblade
31-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Only if time is not of the essence

You might have a different take on the matter when you reach your pensionable age young lady. ;D

😀true...I'm not there yet but still worry if I will ever see us winning at Wembley.. 86 years isn't it

GrayBlade
31-03-2018, 04:19 PM
😀true...I'm not there yet but still worry if I will ever see us winning at Wembley.. 86 years isn't it

Yes, I had a great day out.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
31-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Ambitious as ever.
Isn't the losing finalist about £2 million better off for a start.

That's about 14 new players from League One and Two for us.

XD

Twirlo70
31-03-2018, 07:33 PM
I think it’s unbelievable that some Blades don’t want us to take our chance if it comes our way and see which way it rolls.

There’s no guarantee that we’ll be back in this position again for again for years even with better backing, look at the Pork and other clubs, or that some of us will still be around to see it. ;)

I say grab everything we can whilst the grabbing’s good if we can. Life’s too short to pee abaht with jam tomorrow.its just the thought of losing again in the play offs for some. for me i hope to dear god we get in the play offs, its an all new ball game in them. we,ll deffo be underdogs, but in with a decent chance if we can just put the chances away. lets see what happens

Darnall Siam Blade
01-04-2018, 09:04 AM
Think it is 93 years since we won at Wembley , Aya. 1-0 V Cardiff in 1925. 83 years ago when we last appeared at Wembley. Lost 0-1 to the Arsenal. Whatever, how many supporters were alive when we last won there? Maybe 2 or 3, not me I hasten to add. Anybody know someone who was alive when we last won at Wembley?

Twirlo70
01-04-2018, 09:58 AM
Think it is 93 years since we won at Wembley , Aya. 1-0 V Cardiff in 1925. 83 years ago when we last appeared at Wembley. Lost 0-1 to the Arsenal. Whatever, how many supporters were alive when we last won there? Maybe 2 or 3, not me I hasten to add. Anybody know someone who was alive when we last won at Wembley?rodders was the ball boy apparently

shorehamoldboy
01-04-2018, 07:22 PM
no chance millwall will be in prem there due a couple of defeats and we will beat em at the lane anyway the one signing that has gone astray for us is james wilson im sure chris expected him to be the one to get the goals to take us in to the top 6 and im afraid it just hasnt happened 2 quality strikers needed for next season utb ftp

Ayamonteblade
01-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Yes, I had a great day out.

What werethe pies like in those days?

FatherKnowsBest
01-04-2018, 08:22 PM
What werethe pies like in those days?

Mammoth and Potato...

rodcurrie
02-04-2018, 06:48 AM

Millwall will be in the Prem next season,being saying so on S2 for a number of weeks now,that will be awful for the Prem.What a load of bullcack Agnes,i want the play offs even if we fail in em, i want em cos if you're not in it ya can't win it.I think we may well struggle to do as well next season but of course it'll depend on the MESSIAH's budget.UTCB

rodcurrie
02-04-2018, 06:56 AM
rodders was the ball boy apparentlyNarthen Twirls i thought we were forum buddies?:D Don't get like the knorbhead Blockmod,:) I've said for a few months i think we'd just miss out on't play offs but mek no mistake i want us in em.For those who don't wanna another play off failure if ya think we'd fail then surely that'll ease the pain if you're expectin failure anyway but think of the rewards if we did somehow win em,King Kev may even get some praise.:O:D UTCB

Wardy
02-04-2018, 07:16 AM
Only if time is not of the essence.

As someone once said “it’s the hope that kills....” I realised that years ago. Almost officially old and can’t wait for my free bus pass, Visit such exotic places as Denaby, Conisbrough, Fitzwilliam, Swinton, etc. BRING IT ON.

Enjoying this season and looking forward to next year in the Prem, ( or Champs) XD.

As I write, thick with snow and it’s still banging down.

UTB

bulmer1889
02-04-2018, 07:52 AM
Players are more likely to be swayed towards signing for a team that made the play offs than one that didn't so for that reason alone we need to try and get in them,as I've said elsewhere owt can happen in one off ties so you never know,havin said all that I think we will fall short as we have no easy games the home games look particularly tricky

tomytony
02-04-2018, 08:44 AM
Players are more likely to be swayed towards signing for a team that made the play offs than one that didn't so for that reason alone we need to try and get in them,as I've said elsewhere owt can happen in one off ties so you never know,havin said all that I think we will fall short as we have no easy games the home games look particularly tricky

Good point about attracting players Bully and, surely, the higher we finish the more we get in prize money?

If we get up we get major investmentr ( well the means to provide it anyway). If we don't, with all the shenanagins and with our penny pinching approach next season we'll be nowhere near the play offs.

Twirlo70
02-04-2018, 08:51 AM
Narthen Twirls i thought we were forum buddies?:D Don't get like the knorbhead Blockmod,:) I've said for a few months i think we'd just miss out on't play offs but mek no mistake i want us in em.For those who don't wanna another play off failure if ya think we'd fail then surely that'll ease the pain if you're expectin failure anyway but think of the rewards if we did somehow win em,King Kev may even get some praise.:O:D UTCBlol only kiddin pal. lol. but yeah i hope we do get in em as well pal. ya never know what can happen. utb

Chips1889
02-04-2018, 09:17 AM
Good point about attracting players Bully and, surely, the higher we finish the more we get in prize money?

If we get up we get major investmentr ( well the means to provide it anyway). If we don't, with all the shenanagins and with our penny pinching approach next season we'll be nowhere near the play offs.

What prize money TT? Don't they all get equal money from the EFL 9and extra per TV games etc)?

tomytony
02-04-2018, 09:38 AM
What prize money TT? Don't they all get equal money from the EFL 9and extra per TV games etc)?

I thought there was a sliding scale depending on positon but bow to your better knowledge Chips.

Just have to settle for the revenue from a couple of extra games. :)

Chips1889
02-04-2018, 10:09 AM
I thought there was a sliding scale depending on positon but bow to your better knowledge Chips.

Just have to settle for the revenue from a couple of extra games. :)

TT I didn't think there was a scale but could someone on here confirm please?

Thanks

UTCB

FatherKnowsBest
02-04-2018, 10:29 AM
TT I didn't think there was a scale but could someone on here confirm please?

Thanks

UTCB

According to Google, the EFL Championship clubs get a fixed £2m and a few bob whether they finish top or bottom. They get a further £4m from the PL. Then there's TV appearance money on top. If we don't make the play-offs the loss is the share of TV and gate money.

**Beat me to it LST...