PDA

View Full Version : Will we win another match this season?

Zilzal
30-03-2018, 04:59 PM
I doubt it.

Do we deserve to be in the play-offs? No.

So which teams do?

Shrewsbury
Plymouth
Charlton
Plus one other.

Knowing Evans' jam, it may well be Peterborough. Evans jumped ship at Mansfield imo because he's a treacherous man and knew that the legion of players he brought in weren't good enough. Flitcroft is having to work with Evans' poor collection of players. Mansfield are now 8th and going nowhere.

My mate is an avid Charlton fan and I've been saying to him all season why is your side underachieving so badly? You deserve to be in the Championship more than we do. At last the mad Belgian has gone and an Australian will be the new owner. Plymouth gave everyone a huge start but they are in the top 6 to stay. Our only hope is for Scunny to collapse. Well we have collapsed so why shouldn't they?

HerbieCobbler
30-03-2018, 05:00 PM
Fishing.

Zilzal
30-03-2018, 05:04 PM
I'm posting my long held thoughts and feelings.

So why Herbie, does this constitute 'fishing'?

CAMiller
30-03-2018, 05:11 PM
Maybe, just maybe that you was gone all the time we went unbeaten and since the recent dip in form you've resurrected from the dead?

Pattylallacks2
30-03-2018, 05:14 PM
That seems a pretty fair assessment CAM

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
30-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Clearly fishing but you'll probably get some bites.

PokerMillersSwinton
30-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Why don't we deserve to be in the play offs ? Go back to sleep you are boring

gm_gm
30-03-2018, 05:34 PM
I doubt it.

So which teams do?

Shrewsbury
Plymouth
Charlton
Plus one other.

Knowing Evans' jam, it may well be Peterborough. Evans jumped ship at Mansfield imo because he's a treacherous man and knew that the legion of players he brought in weren't good enough. Flitcroft is having to work with Evans' poor collection of players. Mansfield are now 8th and going nowhere.

My mate is an avid Charlton fan and I've been saying to him all season why is your side underachieving so badly? You deserve to be in the Championship more than we do. At last the mad Belgian has gone and an Australian will be the new owner. Plymouth gave everyone a huge start but they are in the top 6 to stay. Our only hope is for Scunny to collapse. Well we have collapsed so why shouldn't they?

I’ll take that bet Zil...what odds will you give me based on your confidence we will fail?

wrinkly
30-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Maybe, just maybe that you was gone all the time we went unbeaten and since the recent dip in form you've resurrected from the dead?

He disappeared after his post in November instructing posters to stick their fingers in a live socket and fry if they had believed, at the start of the season, that we would finish out of the bottom 6 and advising us that we would go down and down after Keiffer left

Brin
30-03-2018, 06:01 PM

CAM it is the Easter weekend so he is allowed to rise like the Lord.

CAMiller
30-03-2018, 06:06 PM

I get it now. He's fishing to feed the 5,000. Who's got the loaves XD

mikemiller
30-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Brin
30-03-2018, 06:25 PM

That Kempo at the entrance of the cave?

mikemiller
30-03-2018, 06:33 PM
Well spotted!

Nardendee
30-03-2018, 06:38 PM
It’s going to be a tough finish but all our rivals have tough run ins too.

The gap is closing but I’d rather be in our position than any of the chasing pack.

Sounds like Mattock & Towell will be out on Monday and it will be a tough game.

I’m just enjoying the season really, bearing in mind what happened last season so to ask a question like will we win another game.....It’s the business end of the season. Most teams have something to play for. Just strap yourself in and enjoy the ride. Anyway tonight should be about celebrating the fact we are not getting relegated, a fate which some doom mongers on here were predicting when this season started.

sickly_child
30-03-2018, 06:41 PM
If we finish in the playoffs then we deserve to be there, simple.

Zilzal
30-03-2018, 08:04 PM
I would've been a lot happier if we weren't so naive and unprofessional in the closing stages of games.

Running the clock down is part and parcel of the game but we don't seem to have the players with the nous or footballing ability to hold onto the ball in times of need. When Posh were beaten 1-0 and...sorry no team are beaten 1-0, not whilst there's still time on the clock.

3 points today would virtually have seen us in the top 6 and against a team with the league's top scorer by far it would have made a dangerous team slightly less dangerous

sickly_child
30-03-2018, 08:06 PM
I would've been a lot happier if we weren't so naive and unprofessional in the closing stages of games.

Running the clock down is part and parcel of the game but we don't seem to have the players with the nous or footballing ability to hold onto the ball in times of need. When Posh were beaten 1-0 and...sorry no team are beaten 1-0, not whilst there's still time on the clock.

3 points today would virtually have seen us in the top 6 and against a team with the league's top scorer by far it would have made a dangerous team slightly less dangerous

It happens, sometimes it works sometimes not. Its called a gamble I suppose.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
30-03-2018, 08:10 PM
Be right, we'll win on Monday.

UTM!

Zilzal
30-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Those wanting me prematurely dead are in for a bonus. It should be well known by now that I have Parkinson's Disease for which there is no cure and no treatment. I get to as many home games as I can and will continue to do so. My next stop is being confined to a wheelchair with all 17 hideous PK's D symptoms. The end will come soon after when I'm no longer able to swallow - food or drink - and then that's me, dispatched for the charnel house at Rotherham Crematorium.

sickly_child
30-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Jesus, sorry to hear that. As I nurse you have my full empathy. Don't think I would wish anyone prematurely dead. Apart from mass murderers etc.

great_fire
30-03-2018, 10:05 PM
I've got a bad feeling we might drop out of the play-offs as well.

Obviously hope not.

sawmiller
30-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Well, if we drop out of the play offs, at least we can begin recruiting early to fine tune the squad for a sustained tilt at it next year - still better than most of us had thought it might be

sickly_child
30-03-2018, 10:10 PM
I think we will make the play offs.

sawmiller
30-03-2018, 10:12 PM
I hope we are but won't be gutted if we aren't - the side is on the up and will get better

Brin
30-03-2018, 10:13 PM
Oh for goodness sake what have you started Zil?

Stop this stupid campaign. You are 'supposed' to be a Miller. You've now got great fire throwing the towel in.

I would on a personal note like to meet you in public. What do you do pre match? Fancy a pint for a chat on all of life, politics and football?

Grist_To_The_Mill
30-03-2018, 11:27 PM
Oh for goodness sake what have you started Zil?

Stop this stupid campaign. You are 'supposed' to be a Miller. You've now got great fire throwing the towel in.

I would on a personal note like to meet you in public. What do you do pre match? Fancy a pint for a chat on all of life, politics and football?

Good idea Brin, keep him talking whilst I set up the sniper rifle.

Zilzal
31-03-2018, 12:53 AM
CAM, you are an utter disgrace as a human being and should be stripped of being a Moderator. This is not your first offence by any means. Froggy doesn't deserve a **** like you as a colleague and the sooner you hand in your notice the better. Ex pats like CT Miller, Sota and others should teach you how to be a better, a much better person.

Grist, how old are you? You're a despicable wretch too. I won't let myself down by getting into name calling and insults. On one of my very rare good days I would like to meet you and...you can guess the rest.

So once again, HOW OLD ARE YOU?

shshsh22
31-03-2018, 06:42 AM
CAM, you are an utter disgrace as a human being and should be stripped of being a Moderator. This is not your first offence by any means. Froggy doesn't deserve a **** like you as a colleague and the sooner you hand in your notice the better. Ex pats like CT Miller, Sota and others should teach you how to be a better, a much better person.

Grist, how old are you? You're a despicable wretch too. I won't let myself down by getting into name calling and insults. On one of my very rare good days I would like to meet you and...you can guess the rest.

Hope all this attention fulfills you,you have obviously created all the acrimony you desired.Well done.

sickly_child
31-03-2018, 07:06 AM
Hope all this attention fulfills you,you have obviously created all the acrimony you desired.Well done.

Think I might be missing something here.

gm_gm
31-03-2018, 07:27 AM

Don’t be down on yourself Zil, man up. Kempo and IBS would be so dissapointed with your defeatist attitude

caytonmiller
31-03-2018, 07:32 AM
Another multi trying to create attention to get a ban so his alterego can come on in a few week to say how much they miss them... Sad. Really sad

dmentor
31-03-2018, 09:22 AM

Zilzal,you want to have a think about calling people despicable,in my early days on MM,you used to post some vile things,concerning girls ect,you don't need reminding about them,you know what they were.

millavanilla
31-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Those wanting me prematurely dead are in for a bonus. It should be well known by now that I have Parkinson's Disease for which there is no cure and no treatment. I get to as many home games as I can and will continue to do so. My next stop is being confined to a wheelchair with all 17 hideous PK's D symptoms. The end will come soon after when I'm no longer able to swallow - food or drink - and then that's me, dispatched for the charnel house at Rotherham Crematorium.

There maybe no permanent cure but there is treatment...so that little bit of detective work tells me you could be telling porkies..or maybe not..best thing for you is to change back to kempo so you can look at the medication options..

Grist_To_The_Mill
31-03-2018, 10:05 AM

Old enough to spot a fake.

flourbasher
31-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Back to the topic
All away games are really tough- Charlton, Wigan, Gills, Plymouth
Home games easier - Fleetwood, B Rovs, Blackpool

Three teams need to overhaul our league position not just the 7th placed club
Need to make our home games count and hope that by the time we play Plymouth it's a dead rubber game for us

Grist_To_The_Mill
31-03-2018, 10:32 AM
Back to the topic
All away games are really tough- Charlton, Wigan, Gills, Plymouth
Home games easier - Fleetwood, B Rovs, Blackpool

Three teams need to overhaul our league position not just the 7th placed club
Need to make our home games count and hope that by the time we play Plymouth it's a dead rubber game for us

True, and I wonder if any of those three teams that need to pass us also play each other at some point?

Grist_To_The_Mill
31-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Just had a quick look on rivals playing each other

S****horpe have to play Plymouth and Charlton in April
Charlton have to play Shrewsbury.

there's probably more like that

When they play each other they can't both get 3 points

millertop
31-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Warney maybe needs to look at his mistakes imo

Grist_To_The_Mill
31-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Warney maybe needs to look at his mistakes imo

True in a way, but that’s the trade off you get when you have an inexperienced manager in charge, he’s bound to make more mistakes.

monty_rhodes
31-03-2018, 04:11 PM
Calm down, Zil. No one wants you prematurely dead although as you apparently died in Didcot quite a while back your demise could hardly be called premature. You're being a bit harsh on the crem. I was there last April and thought it was quite nice, certainly not a charnel house. And look on the bright side: as you progress up Ridgeway you will pass the birthplace of the famed Ridgeway Kid. :)

Archiemiller
31-03-2018, 07:39 PM
Come on Zil lad shake yourself. XDXDXDXD

Zilzal
31-03-2018, 09:00 PM
QUOTE: Yesterday 5.11p.m. From CAM.

"Maybe, just maybe that you was gone all the time we went unbeaten and since the recent dip in form you've resurrected from the dead."

This from a Mod who knows I have a terminal illness.

This early remark sets off WRINKLY, BRIN and CAM again before MIKE picks up CAM's theme of Easter and rising from the dead.
Complete with huge bandaged figure in a cave rising from the dead. BRIN almost comes with glee and runs with this and re-posts the picture with added reference to Resurrection and life after dead. The fires are really being stoked now and the reptiles come slithering out en masse.

Zilzal
31-03-2018, 09:31 PM
BRIN then puts his brain to one side and posts again, accusing me of stirring up trouble again. I post a perfectly reasonable thread on football but as lonely boy CAM has quickly switched the thread to me personally and death and resurrection, the fires start to rage (just as permanent troublemakers Brin and CAM like it).GRIST is triggered first then Dmentor, then more from Shshshsh, CAYTON etc.

Flourbasher then brings the topic back on track, no doubt much to the original muckraker CAM's huge disappointment, so off he goes back to his friends (he does have friends up there in N.E. America I suppose? - don't all shout at once).

Vanilla having nothing else to say and think of, still believes I'm Kempo. He's to be pitied but good news for me! Vanilla knows of treatments for Parkinson's that my many doctors have overlooked. Send copies Van to the Royal Hallamshire and Northern General hospitals c/o the Neurology Dept. It would be wrong of you to hold back on information that only you know about.

As for Brin and especially CAm ,keep the fires of ignorance burning. There are many on here who trust your integrity and stir at your every ill judged words.

monty_rhodes
01-04-2018, 06:30 AM
Zil, your sensitivity seems a little selective. A while back your old mate kempo thought it was a good laugh to tell us that you had died of your terminal illness in Didcot. I asked him how he knew and he confirmed the statement. CTMiller came on to say that the news had distressed SugarTiler. Kempo stuck to his guns and only later admitted it was all made up and suggested it had all been a wheeze. At no time did you come on and tell us it was a lie so, apparently, you were content to let Sugar and others mourn your loss. At no time since then have you ever admonished kempo in the slightest for his actions. It all seems a bit odd to me and it may be why people on here are not entirely convinced by your latest claims.

sickly_child
01-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Zil, your sensitivity seems a little selective. A while back your old mate kempo thought it was a good laugh to tell us that you had died of your terminal illness in Didcot. I asked him how he knew and he confirmed the statement. CTMiller came on to say that the news had distressed SugarTiler. Kempo stuck to his guns and only later admitted it was all made up and suggested it had all been a wheeze. At no time did you come on and tell us it was a lie so, apparently, you were content to let Sugar and others mourn your loss. At no time since then have you ever admonished kempo in the slightest for his actions. It all seems a bit odd to me and it may be why people on here are not entirely convinced by your latest claims.

Beginning to understand more now.

monty_rhodes
01-04-2018, 07:06 AM
Beginning to understand more now.

Yes, sickly, the Dead in Didcot saga was bizarre. That a doctor should think it appropriate to claim a fellow poster had died was almost as odd as that poster allowing the claim to persist. So what we now have is a manifestation of the Boy Who Cried Wolf. Sad but true.

caytonmiller
01-04-2018, 07:15 AM
It's only you zilzap that I post negatives about. Tbf you are a bit of a dick and as you a honerable man would be the first to agree. Don't get me wrong the rest of your alter ego I don't have a problem with. Maybe it's kempoos fault, everything on here usually is...

sickly_child
01-04-2018, 07:15 AM
Like an episode of Midsummer murder, some people appear to have too much time on there hands. I did think that people were being a bit harsh. Takes all sorts I suppose. :?

monty_rhodes
01-04-2018, 07:33 AM
Like an episode of Midsummer murder, some people appear to have too much time on there hands. I did think that people were being a bit harsh. Takes all sorts I suppose. :?

I'm afraid it's the price you pay for anonimity. This has been going on for years and could have been resolved years ago if Zil, IBS and Kempo had identified themselves. They are perfectly entitled not to but if so must accept that anything they post will be taken with a large pinch of salt.
You may say with justification that I am picking on those three unfairly. There's truth in that but they have a long track record of making statements that later turned out to be wrong and then claiming we should have realised it was meant as a joke or whatever.

sickly_child
01-04-2018, 07:40 AM
Clearly I don't have this history, a little like getting used to a family (of sorts).

monty_rhodes
01-04-2018, 08:13 AM
Clearly I don't have this history, a little like getting used to a family (of sorts).

Well you haven't missed much, believe me. That said MM used to be a bit more colourful imo. Several top posters have gone. Some died, some gave up and some were banned. An old adversary of Kempo's called Wendun was banned and retired to a B&B in Morecambe, God forbid. Kempo was convinced that every new poster was Wendun out for revenge and claimed many times that various posters had threatened to shoot him but no one else on MM ever spotted these posts. There was a very nice lady from Malawi called Pat Pokem but Frog thought her username, Dr Pokem, might offend Kempo so she had to go. This was particularly sad for me as she and I had worked on the RMBC OAP gardening scheme from 1968-70. Kempo claimed he was on it too but as he also has often told us he's 57 that would have meant he was 12 at the time. Another mystery.

sickly_child
01-04-2018, 08:29 AM
Hilarious.

monty_rhodes
01-04-2018, 09:10 AM
Hilarious.

These various episodes have intrigued me over the years and posed a fundamental question: does a ban apply only to a username or to the person behind it? Kempo was a case in point. He used to be called Wilritson and Canklow Wayne on MM. These two were red-carded for life (can't remember why; probably showing Bigrich insufficient respect). He came back on as a doctor called Kempo. As Wilritson he was a stockbroker. Can't remember what Canklow Wayne was supposed to be. But he never hid the fact that he had previously been these characters and just carried on posting under his new username. He's probably back on here already - assuming of course he ever left.;D

sickly_child
01-04-2018, 09:29 AM
You should be writing a short history of this madhouse. Everyday is a school day, as they say.

mikemiller
01-04-2018, 10:44 AM
You should be writing a short history of this madhouse. Everyday is a school day, as they say.

Sickly, here's another bit of information that you may have missed.... Will Ritson (1808-1890), Kempo's previous user name, was actually a pub landlord from Cumbria , who claimed to be the " World's Biggest Liar" - draw your own conclusions from that....
In this age of advanced technology, "World's Worst Multi" would possibly be the modern equivalent.

caytonmiller
01-04-2018, 03:15 PM
Look in the mirror when you speak. You will always know the eyes looking back. On mm it may not be you

Nardendee
01-04-2018, 04:58 PM
Getting back to the original post, I can’t correlate a situation whereby we get caught out in the last minute of a highly competitive game, but still don’t lose, to a comment of “will we win another game this season?” Then follow that up by saying other clubs are more deserving than us, when we only recently stumbled having been unbeaten for 14 games and won 7 on the bounce.

At that time, a good question could have been “ will we lose another game?

I have put a number of postings on here about games dating back years which make me understand why anyone’s glass would be so empty. 1973 was the case in point. However, we have also had a lot of luck this season in games we probably should not have won, but we never knew when to give up. This is where fitness comes in. So, maybe you make your own luck.

If you look at the teams above us:

Two of these teams Wigan & Blackburn, particularly Blackburn shouldn’t be at this level. However there have been bigger clubs who have also been down at this level, such as Sunderland, Forest, Wolves and Aston Villa so they are where they are.

The budgets don’t compare. It is not always about money short term, but the bigger picture is that money talks. Every once in a while an exception arises, like Leicester or Burton the other year, and Accrington this year.

However they always find their level. Sooner or later the Burtons and The Accringtons will go back down, and the big clubs will go back up....sooner or later.

Then we look at Shrewsbury. Well if anyone desrves promotion this season it is them. To compete against the likes of Blackburn and even now with a great chance of automatics, is absolutely remarkable.
Unfortunately success is measured by final position or promotion. I get this too, but when I read one or two Rovers fans ( yes everyone has their idiots) giving it large on the Shrews website, to me that means that the average fan has no interest whatsoever in football as a spectacle, the only interest being in their own team.

I was reading an article the other week, sorry can’t remember where but it was about historical league tables and some BIlly Big Boots couldn’t help but mention how Rotherham came to be mixing it with a lot of the so called bigger clubs in today’s terms, with a view based entirely on perception. In effect we should know our place but totally oblivious to the fact that in the sixties, we were an established level 2 club on the same level / size as the likes of Norwich, Bristol City, Cardiff, Swansea and Huddersfield.

Just perception. So we are Blackburn you are a plucky little market town club who should know better.
So when it comes to Manager of the Season there is really only one winner in my eyes irrespective of where the Shrews finish.

Now to us. After last season who would have thought we would be 4th going into the last 6/7 games?

I was gutted when Posh scored, but after initial “ no I don’t want any dinner, leave me alone type response, I actually think we have done pretty well this year. Will it be enough? I don’t know but maybe you should ask the question of will we win another game to a Chesterfield or Grimsby fan, who would gladly swap places with us in a heartbeat.

Success is all relative depending on whether you want Champions League or simply to stay up.

I would say, considering where we were 12 months ago, doing pretty well. Enjoy the ride. The great times are fleeting at clubs like ours so why would we want to be critical?

Zilzal
01-04-2018, 05:38 PM
Excellent post Nardendee. Also I saw your post yesterday on your mum and dad and RUFC and would like to comment further.

My dad died of cancer 20 years ago come July 5. He liked to talk about the great Wally Ardron who lost most of his career due to WW2 but still played as a veteran for Forest and played well. His other heroes were Jimmy Rudd (ruined by drink) and Jack Shaw (pinched by S.W.)

I'd love to know who our team was in 54-55 when with 7 consecutive wins under our belt and top with 2 to go. We blew it big time at lowly Vale, 1-0 down at H-T, Noble took at shocker of a pen in the second half and the draw we needed was gone.

Zilzal
01-04-2018, 06:00 PM
As expected we thrashed a pre-Shankly Liverpool 6-1 (4 goals by LW Ian Wilson) and finished with the same points as Brum and Luton.
If it had been goal difference and ?or/3 points for a win we would have won promotion to Div1 for the only time ever.

This begs the question Nard, what does your heroic old dad think we would coped in the First Division? Wasn't around in '54 but give your dad my regards as one lefelong Miller to another. t

Zilzal
01-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Laptop giving me hell as usual. No other outlet alas but when it all settlese down II'll tell allalbout bout myy fifirst
with with KK andand IBS.
encounter

wrinkly
01-04-2018, 06:18 PM
As expected we thrashed a pre-Shankly Liverpool 6-1 (4 goals by LW Ian Wilson) and finished with the same points as Brum and Luton.
If it had been goal difference and ?or/3 points for a win we would have won promotion to Div1 for the only time ever.

This begs the question Nard, what does your heroic old dad think we would coped in the First Division? Wasn't around in '54 but give your dad my regards as one lefelong Miller to another. t

Goal difference would not have made a difference Zil.

Birmingham had a GD of 45
Luton had a GD of 35
Millers GD was 30

3 points for a win would have seen us as champions though with 79 points
Birmingham would have had 76 points and Luton 75 points.

We only drew 4 games. Birmingham drew 10 and Luton drew 8
Would these figures have been different if 3 points for a win had been the system then?
Probably but who knows?

thaimillerfan
02-04-2018, 02:31 PM
I agree Zil we wont get in the playoffs

flourbasher
02-04-2018, 02:37 PM
You a Wendy fan? Must be

Timbertop
02-04-2018, 03:02 PM
We don't have a decent striker on the books and such teams don't get promoted. Oh for a Marriott !!

thaimillerfan
02-04-2018, 04:00 PM
What's a Wendy fan baker boy

great_fire
05-04-2018, 01:07 PM
I'd love to know who our team was in 54-55 when with 7 consecutive wins under our belt and top with 2 to go. We blew it big time at lowly Vale, 1-0 down at H-T, Noble took at shocker of a pen in the second half and the draw we needed was gone.

Team against Port Vale was: Quairney, Selkirk, Warner, Marshall, Noble, Williams (D.), Grainger, Johnson, Farmer, Guest, Wilson.

Got all the archive stuff in the loft somewhere I'll try to dig it out.

Zilzal
05-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Thanks very much G.F. I've heard of all of them except Warner and Marshall. With Jackie Grainger, Gladstone Guest Farmer and Wilson up top, how could we possibly fail to score that one goal which would have given us First Division football. Norm Noble must have had an attack of nerves to miss the second half penalty.

Would love to hear from Nardendee's dad, via Nard, what went so horribly wrong on the day. After all we did win 8 of our last 9 games that season.

great_fire
05-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Thanks very much G.F. I've heard of all of them except Warner and Marshall. With Jackie Grainger, Gladstone Guest Farmer and Wilson up top, how could we possibly fail to score that one goal which would have given us First Division football. Norm Noble must have had an attack of nerves to miss the second half penalty.

Would love to hear from Nardendee's dad, via Nard, what went so horribly wrong on the day. After all we did win 8 of our last 9 games that season.

The penalty was saved by the goalkeeper who got a fist to it, a guy called King who was an England B keeper and had a good game.

The Port Vale goal came from a corner which Noble conceded as well.

He was dropped for the Liverpool game along with Johnson.

Jordan and Pell came in.

jocksgloves
05-04-2018, 06:50 PM
I wrote an artical for Moulin Rouge on the possibilities of the 1955/56 season, had we gone up to the top league. Man utd won at a canter with 60 points (2 for a win).
Blackpool finised a poor second on 49 points. Only 16 points above relegation. Every one else was squeezed between . Brum and Luton finished 6th and 10th on 45 and 42 points respectfully.
Our average attendance 54/55 is the highest ever i believe. (17,000+). A few additions to the squad may have just cemented a place with the big boys for at least a couple of seasons.
In reality, we had an enormous slump and finished 19th, just 5 points above relegation. To make it even worse, finishing 1st and 2nd in our division was Leeds and Wednesday.

Casper64Frank
05-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Thanks very much G.F. I've heard of all of them except Warner and Marshall..

Dennis Warner was Rotherham born.
Apparently he could play right or left back, in season 1954 / 55 he played 7 games......the last 7.

Frank Marshall was born in Sheffield.
Remember my late father saying he was a skilful wing-half.
Played for Sheff Utd, Scarbro', Miller's, Scunny, and Donny Rovers.
Went on to become chief coach at Rovers for 8yrs and then moved to Sweden.

If we can't get 7 points from the 3 home games we don't deserve to make the play-offs.
Pressure is mounting on all the club's in the top 9, below Blackburn Wigan and Shrewsbury.
Time to stand up and be counted....take no prisoners. ..
and above all " don't panic Mr Mannering "

Zilzal
05-04-2018, 08:31 PM
It's often the way Jock as you imply. When a team misses out on something they should've had, they almost inevitably slump the next season.

Unfortunately our slump knew no end and by the end of the decade we were in danger of being relegated. This is when Tom Johnson was appointed manager, his first. He brought in some class players like Alan Kirkman (who is the only player to ever play in all five forward positions for us) and that little dynamo from Brum, Don Weston.

I remember seeing Don race from the halfway line to steer in the only goal against a very strong Liverpool side under the new broom of Shankly. One of the best games I've ever seen us play was when Revie brought Leeds to play us in a night match. They were very intimidating as were their fans, but we battled back from 2-3 down to beat them 4-3. Don Weston scored 2 and played so well that it was inevitable that they would sign him - which alas they did. TJ is one of my favourite Rothm managers but unfortunately for us he had the almost inbred Scots wanderlust and went off to re*****ise Huddersfield.

I went to Leeds Road four times we lost 4 times and never scored a single goal. The worst was 4-0 (could've been 20) in front of 16,000+

Zilzal
05-04-2018, 08:35 PM
***** *****? Never heard of them.

Clever computer though. And funny with it - once you've seen the joke.

mikemiller
07-04-2018, 04:37 PM
Millers 3 Fleetwood 2, Mr Nostradamus
... or was the prediction just a light-hearted joke between "like-minded friends" ?

PokerMillersSwinton
07-04-2018, 04:47 PM
... or was the prediction just a light-hearted joke between "like-minded friends" ?

With Multiple accounts

Onward and Upwards . UTM

Lolmorgan
07-04-2018, 04:54 PM
... or was the prediction just a light-hearted joke between "like-minded friends" ? He will be right next season if we go up,we will never survive in the championship with this team I'm sorry to say.

Brin
07-04-2018, 06:02 PM
I doubt it.

So which teams do?

Shrewsbury
Plymouth
Charlton
Plus one other.

I've re read this pile of crap and once again it's an another ego boosting 'look at my post' headed title.

Well smart arse we have today so am I the last in the landing net to swell your ego by replying to you?

You do post some tripe and that's putting it mildly.

My post the other day seemed to have riled you in some childish manner, remember it?

'Oh for goodness sake what have you started Zil? Stop this stupid campaign. You are 'supposed' to be a Miller. You've now got great fire throwing the towel in' Well if this offended you I'd better hold the real me back for fear of you crying to teacher and getting me banned.

Can't have that can we. I've only got one login name so can't afford a ban.

Zilzal
08-04-2018, 03:37 PM
According to BRIN I QUOTE "I post only piles of crap", "am An ego maniac", am also "a smart arse", "am childish" a peddler of "tripe", "am stupid", am only "a supposed Miller" , have a svengali-like grip on Great Fire and by implication am a cry baby and "am not who I say I am" (thus am a treacherous liar) and am working on some devious, cunning and Machieavellian plot to get Brin banned from this site."

Is this abuse from Brin or is it yet more abuse from Brin? I suggest it's the latter.

Thoughts?

caytonmiller
08-04-2018, 03:46 PM
Is it abuse if it's true? 😁

Zilzal
08-04-2018, 04:04 PM
Cayton, you young rascal, it's Brin's paranoia and his bitterness because he's probably spent the Post Office Savings Account that he's had since he was a lad, betting on the mass of players Steve Evans brought in at Mansfield getting promotion. Mansfield have flopped and not even Flitcroft can get them into the top 7. D'oh! says Brin. But what does Mrs Brin say? Guess we'll never know.

caytonmiller
08-04-2018, 05:06 PM
Poor brin. No post office savings means no new cardi 😑.
Someone needs to contact vaulks for a whip round

Zilzal
08-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Wise and heartfelt words indeed Cayton.

Brin has lost his shirt backing Mr Evans over the years and his cardi is one of his few remaining items of apparel. If he loses his cardi backing Posh he'll then be down to the buff which would be embarrassing for young kids in the Family Stand and make Brin the subject of raucous ridicule from top to bottom in the North Stand.

Therefore please heed Cayton's wise words and give generously to Brin's losing cause. So far I've given generously of three silver buttons and a bit of blue wool that my cat was most reluctant to part with. Even though Brin seems to hate me for reasons best known to himself but I just cannot sit idly by whilst Rotherham United's most loyal and devoted fan stands to be forever in the buff and displaying what he's always thought of as his private parts.

Let's hear it again for Cayton. Hip hip replacement!!!

Brin
08-04-2018, 09:38 PM
I have to say Zil or whoever you are, I’m finding all of this highly amusing.

Shame to disappoint but I’ve not backed Evo at Mansfield this season. My two remaining long shots are on Robins at Coventry and he’s making hard work of my bets. My short bet is Plymouth to finish in the top 6 @ 20/1 that someone put me on to a few weeks ago.