PDA

View Full Version : £20 millon for Dawson and Rogriguez..?

The Bedlington Terrier
02-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Word coming via a source of TEC's is that a very cheeky bid of £20 million is going to the Hawthorns to snatch Dawson and Rodriguez to bolster our squad.

Relegation clauses are written in their contracts and we can afford their wages.

Those two would seriously improve our squad, June it is... :D

1959_60
02-04-2018, 03:46 PM
I'm not convinced by JRod but we do need another centre half as back up.

sinkov
02-04-2018, 03:47 PM
Shouldn't be a problem with either player, Dawson was virtually signed, sealed and delivered a couple of years ago, until WBA decided to play bonny, and I know for a fact that Jay would be to happy sign for us tomorrow, his best mate's here already, he can't wait.

sinkov
02-04-2018, 03:50 PM
I'm not convinced by JRod but we do need another centre half as back up.

What's your problem with Jay 59/60, he has more natural talent than Barnes and Vokes put together. Give him 6 months working with Sean and we'll have yet another Claret in the England squad.

1959_60
02-04-2018, 04:05 PM
He was great for us when we were mid table in the championship.

I have not been impressed with him since he left - especially after his injury.

I just don't see him as a top half Prem player - which is where we are now.

Deadlydave
02-04-2018, 04:05 PM
What's your problem with Jay 59/60, he has more natural talent than Barnes and Vokes put together. Give him 6 months working with Sean and we'll have yet another Claret in the England squad.

Yep I agree. Wait till Dyche gets to work on these two and you have the making's of 2 two real quality players that add depth to our squad. Can I see these transfers happening? yep; so what's not to like folks? Better these 2 than some unknown's who may not make the grade anyway and cost more in transfer fees. Good start to gearing up for next years campaign in my view.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-04-2018, 04:14 PM
I can seriously see this one happening. £20 million plus £40k a week wages are chicken feed to us these days.

oldcolner
02-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Sounds a good deal especially if we do get into Europe, though neither did much yesterday.

1959_60
02-04-2018, 05:52 PM
Probably still resting up after Saturday's exertions OC :-)

oldcolner
02-04-2018, 06:08 PM
Lol!

barrie_burn
02-04-2018, 08:45 PM
I'm sure SD knows what he is doing.I don't see any rush,they will not be the only quality players that may be available

afloatinclaret
03-04-2018, 05:43 PM
....I don't see any rush,they will not be the only quality players that may be available

I'd agree and not just 'available' but positively eager to join Burnley. Compared to the last two summers we reportedly now have a much improved pay-scale and we will not be seen by available 'established' players and their agents as automatic relegation-fodder; the available 'up and coming' players and their agents meanwhile will also look at the way that so many young players have developed and improved/established themselves whilst playing for Burnley and perhaps hope for a similar chance for themselves? Together these will make Burnley the players/agents prefered option, rather than our being seen as 'OK if we can't do any better.
There must be a goodly number of players and agents out there who've declined to join or indeed voluntarily left Burnley in the last year or two and are now regretting those decisions.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Spot on afloatinclaret! ;D