PDA

View Full Version : Motown

Altobelli
05-04-2018, 07:15 PM
Just seen the musical at the Shaftesbury Theatre, was part of Matrons Christmas gifts, not too keen on Musicals myself only having seen Jersey Boys before which was very good, Motown was not as good but still interesting, at least it put a smile on Matrons face even if it made a few tears appear in her eyes half way through.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-04-2018, 07:31 PM
We went last time we were in London. I loved it and the wife was in ecstasy.

1959_60
05-04-2018, 08:18 PM
Sounds interesting. Next time we are in the smoke we will have a look at it.

Just before Christmas we went to see Dream Girls in London - what a fantastic show.

alfinyalcabo
05-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Has anybody seen Sunny Afternoon about the Kinks? Would love to see that sometime .

Norder
05-04-2018, 08:30 PM

what happened half way through that made your lady tearful - Alto.....was it a song - something done ?

or - something you said............................................:h eart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dl6JSf-bc
Commodores - Three Times A Lady

:)

Altobelli
05-04-2018, 08:34 PM

what happened half way through that made your lady tearful - Alto.....was it a song - something done ?

or - something you said............................................:h eart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4dl6JSf-bc
Commodores - Three Times A Lady

:)

They were doing news reels of the decades and played the one where Luther King got shot and performed some fitting songs that touched the moment and Matrons heart strings Norder.

alfinyalcabo
05-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Northern soul and Motown are my favourite music..

Norder
05-04-2018, 08:39 PM
They were doing news reels of the decades and played the one where Luther King got shot and performed some fitting songs that touched the moment and Matrons heart strings Norder.

nothing you whispered in her ear then -------- ok.

;)

Altobelli
05-04-2018, 08:59 PM
No nothing I whispered or put in her ear Norder XD

Yes 59/60 I read your good thread on Dream Girls, sounds good, I like Northern Soul and Motown like alf (as well as others), but I've never really took to seeing live Bands and never tribute bands, it was just a present for the Mrs, I'd rather listen to a proper recording, hearing all the chords clearly with my ear phones and singing to my hearts content which makes Matron cringe :)

sinkov
05-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Two things I've never really been that keen on,and I've tried, I really have, Rugby League and Motown. Ah well, my loss I'm sure.

Altobelli
05-04-2018, 10:58 PM
I'm with you on the Rugby League Sinkov, until they start throwing punches :)

wmdave_b
06-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Northern soul and Motown are my favourite music..

Me too Alf......

oldcolner
06-04-2018, 05:38 PM
Going to see Dream Girls, Tina the Musical and Kinky Boots next month. They all seem to have good reviews good to hear others agree on Dream Girls any news of the others appreciated. Tina still in preview but got a good write up.