PDA

View Full Version : All time record against Newton Heath (Man United0

soulman101
16-04-2018, 07:03 PM
https://www.11v11.com/teams/west-bromwich-albion/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Manchester%20United/

Albionic68
16-04-2018, 10:50 PM
Hello Lloyd.

By coincidence I was looking at our record against United just the other day.

Not too shabby considering, and they only really gained the upper hand numbers wise post Premier League.

Nice to know we've given them a bloody nose a few times in recent years and Sunday was a cracking day out and result.

Looking forward to us giving Klopp a nice kick in the nads again on Saturday too :o .

Hope all is well with James, your good self and the rest of the family.

COYB B) .

mickd1961
16-04-2018, 11:02 PM
Hello Lloyd.

By coincidence I was looking at our record against United just the other day.

Not too shabby considering, and they only really gained the upper hand numbers wise post Premier League.

Nice to know we've given them a bloody nose a few times in recent years and Sunday was a cracking day out and result.

Looking forward to us giving Klopp a nice kick in the nads again on Saturday too :o .

Hope all is well with James, your good self and the rest of the family.

COYB B) .

In contrast our record against Woking is dire!

Albionic68
16-04-2018, 11:06 PM
In contrast our record against Woking is dire!

Very true, but then we've only played them once.

I really couldn't give a sh it to be honest though Mick, we're posting about our record versus Manchester United.

mickd1961
17-04-2018, 12:34 AM
Very true, but then we've only played them once.

I really couldn't give a sh it to be honest though Mick, we're posting about our record versus Manchester United.

In repost....neither can I .....I was merely trying to be humorous.

Apologies for sullying the purity of the thread for the “anoraks” on the board.

Back under my stone I do crawl.

Albionic68
17-04-2018, 12:35 AM
In repost....neither can I .....I was merely trying to be humorous.

Apologies for sullying the purity of the thread for the “anoraks” on the board.

Back under my stone I do crawl.

Toodle pip :) >;) .

WBA1955
17-04-2018, 05:24 AM
Not many 0-0's. Saw many of the great games in the 60's and 70's. The 5-5 a few seasons ago reminded me of those times.

Joy_Division
17-04-2018, 11:41 AM
I feel I was lucky to be one of the huge crowd on that night in 1968 who saw us destroy Manure 6-3. We had just got to the FA Cup final and they had got to the European Cup Final. Both sides played their full side, none of this resting players sh*te to keep em fit. Best, Law, Charlton, Stiles etc and we absolutely caned em. Just two moments of Best magic in the last quarter pulled it back from 6-1 to make it slightly more respectable. I think Astle got a hat-trick, then got another on the following Saturday.:)

talkSAFT
17-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Great days, Joy!
We beat Blues in the SemiFinal on the Saturday (Jeff 1 goal);
Beat ManU 6-3 2 days later on the Monday (Jeff 3)
Then beat WHam 3-1 on the Thursday (Jeff 3)

Leicesterbaggie
17-04-2018, 04:58 PM
I feel I was lucky to be one of the huge crowd on that night in 1968 who saw us destroy Manure 6-3. We had just got to the FA Cup final and they had got to the European Cup Final. Both sides played their full side, none of this resting players sh*te to keep em fit. Best, Law, Charlton, Stiles etc and we absolutely caned em. Just two moments of Best magic in the last quarter pulled it back from 6-1 to make it slightly more respectable. I think Astle got a hat-trick, then got another on the following Saturday.:)

Was at college at the time. Went with a mate, a Man. Utd. fan, and our girl friends. We were literally the last ones through the turnstile before they closed the gates. By the time we sat down were 2-0 up. As you say, they scored two goals in the last few minutes to make it look closer than it was. We were brilliant and 6-1 would have been a better reflection of the game. What would I give to be able to see Albion in that sort of form again? I'm afraid that it won't be in my lifetime or probably anybody much younger it's sad to say. Never mind, at least I have witnessed it, which many won't have.

Q165
17-04-2018, 07:41 PM

When my mate and I eventually got there the Brummie was closed. We ran around and got in Smethwick but it was heaving. There was no way we could get onto any part of the terrace and got *******ed for standing in ‘gangway’. Somebody had no choice but to let us squeeze in.

The thing about that Albion team was how positive it was. I was a naive ****ager but I always expected something to be provided by The King and Bomber. I’ve checked the records - April 29 6-3 v Man U. May 1 3-1 West Ham. Hat tricks for Jeff in both. I was surprised to see that on April 27 we beat Blues in that semi final thanks to goals from Astle and Brown. Heady days indeed and what an experience.

WBA1955
18-04-2018, 04:12 PM
The season after we played them early on in midweek, it could have been the first home game, we raced into a 3-0 lead, two more from Astle and it looked like a repeat of the previous seasons game, but Charlton pulled one back for them just before half time and that's how it stayed.

Roymit
19-04-2018, 06:23 AM
Second. First was Sheff Weds. My first ever game. 0-0. I should have realised then.