PDA

View Full Version : FAO Acido

AucklandRover
29-04-2018, 12:00 AM
Acido - you were right. After getting nothing from three mid-table clubs, you beat a team in form, looking for a play-off spot!
In your hands now, but I've been looking at the table. It's just like last season, with about six possibilities in terms of relegation.
It only increases my gob-smacked reaction to those who think football is predictable. Look at Burton: they get thumped by 0-5 at home, and then win three in a row.
Bolton have the easiest fixture next Sunday, but they'll probably need a big win. Except for them, you've all got opponents with something to play for, which makes it even more interesting. Perhaps this could be the moment Birmingham's luck runs out, even,
How are you feeling and what are your predictions?

Acido
29-04-2018, 12:42 AM
Ohh did we win today Aucks, I had no idea lol. And yes I had a sneaking suspicion that todays opponents Brentford just might suit us more even though they are a good play off chasing team, and it was also our last home game and hopefully the players felt embarrassed enough to want to put a few things right after their dismal recent showings away from home.
Burton are finishing really well and if we go down, Id rather they stay up and send Bolton down instead. Remember Brum's lucky escape act last season when Huddersfield did them a massive favour by playing weakened team, and if they go down this time then surely Birmingham's fans will be honest and admit it has been coming.

Im calm for now but Im dreading it to be honest, and the heart is ruling the head at the moment and its saying we will lose but other results will go our way, only just!. Even though we cant compete at this level properly anymore it just goes to show this is the best league in England, better than the totally over rated Prem.

AucklandRover
29-04-2018, 05:58 AM
Ohh did we win today Aucks, I had no idea lol. And yes I had a sneaking suspicion that todays opponents Brentford just might suit us more even though they are a good play off chasing team, and it was also our last home game and hopefully the players felt embarrassed enough to want to put a few things right after their dismal recent showings away from home.
Burton are finishing really well and if we go down, Id rather they stay up and send Bolton down instead. Remember Brum's lucky escape act last season when Huddersfield did them a massive favour by playing weakened team, and if they go down this time then surely Birmingham's fans will be honest and admit it has been coming.

Im calm for now but Im dreading it to be honest, and the heart is ruling the head at the moment and its saying we will lose but other results will go our way, only just!. Even though we cant compete at this level properly anymore it just goes to show this is the best league in England, better than the totally over rated Prem.

I must admit, I have no problem with not being in the PL (except for the money!).
Burnley have done exceptionally well, but virtually every club below them has been playing to avoid relegation.
As I said on another thread, if a team had gone into this season's PL and played out 38 nil-nil draws, they would avoid relegation and have a much better-than-average GD. Ridiculous!
I'm looking forward to the Championship. Fingers crossed you're still there.