PDA

View Full Version : Play off prediction...

samhubball
09-05-2018, 12:38 PM
How will it pan out do you think?

Personally I think Fulham will do Derby over two legs. I think we will lose the first leg to Middlesborough 2-1 and win the home game 1-0.

Final against Fulham is a toss of a coin. I'm not sure how I will cope with it - never seen us play such a ***** game in my lifetime tbh.

What say you???

samhubball
09-05-2018, 12:39 PM
***** is in stars?!?!?! V I T A L

bongosdad
09-05-2018, 02:33 PM
I think Fulham will be as nervous about playing us as we are about playing them. So hard to predict because we never know what villa will turn up. We can beat anyone on our day but also loose against anyone.
I'm not one for predicting but I have to go with villa beating Derby or Fulham 4-1 at Wembley.

freer
09-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Sam too many Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde performances this season

One week we comfortably dispose of Reading the following week we fail to turn up @ Carrot Rd

We give Wolves a trouncing, next 2 games half the team are sauntering around against Q P R & Bolton

If we apply ourselves for 270 minutes We are well capable beating Middlesbroo , Dirby or Fulaaam

Lets hope for the next 270 minutes (+ stoppage time)

1.No one goes AWOL

2. Everyone does exactly what is says on the can eh ?

If we just “turn up”
http://i66.tinypic.com/2igk9xd.gif

Good Luck Villa “May the force be with you “

Exiledvillan
09-05-2018, 04:01 PM
How will it pan out do you think?

Personally I think Fulham will do Derby over two legs. I think we will lose the first leg to Middlesborough 2-1 and win the home game 1-0.

Final against Fulham is a toss of a coin. I'm not sure how I will cope with it - never seen us play such a ***** game in my lifetime tbh.

What say you???

You reckon that the Boro game goes to pens then Sam, as away goals rule doesn't apply in the play offs.

That's all we need, a bloody penalty shoot out :s .

samhubball
09-05-2018, 04:19 PM
Really?! I thought the away goals rule counted. Oh well, yes then definitely - if there's a harder way of doing it we can trust the Villa

westcountryvillain
09-05-2018, 09:09 PM
When we take the lead we don't lose, so if we take the game to the opposition then that's our best chance - we have some old heads in the side that can handle the pressure well - we'll need them.

bongosdad
10-05-2018, 11:09 AM
The team picks itself really but I wouldn't know what holding midfielder to play. Jedi Whelan or Thor?

Johnstone
Elmo Chester Terry Hutton
Snoddy ? Hourihan Adomah
Grealish
Grabban

westcountryvillain
10-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Thor to start, and Onomah's been better than Hourihane recently - get the lead then bring on the Jedi to shut up shop.

yubbywelch
11-05-2018, 11:52 PM
Cmon lads
3 wins

Exiledvillan
12-05-2018, 12:31 PM
I think we'll go up. We remind me of when SB took Hull up via the playoffs. We're also, like Hull were, an ugly playing side, awful to watch at times.

I'll take an ugly promotion over pretty tippy-tappy losing any day.

Onwards n Upwards

UTV

samhubball
12-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Cmon lads
3 wins

3 draws and 2 penalty shoot outs

MissWinnie
12-05-2018, 01:51 PM
I don't want to jinx anything by predicting, so just give it everything you've got, lads, and we'll all be cheering you on!! Go Villa lions!!

VillaRosie
12-05-2018, 03:34 PM
Starting line up:-

Johnstone
ElMohamady
Chester
Terry
Hutton
Jedinak
Snodgrass
Hourihane
Grealish
Adomah
Grabban

VillaRosie
12-05-2018, 03:46 PM
I don't want to jinx anything by predicting, so just give it everything you've got, lads, and we'll all be cheering you on!! Go Villa lions!!

Same here Winnie I don’t do predictions you never know which Villa are going to turn up, just keeping everything crossed 🤞 and hoping against hope for the best.

COME ON YOU LiONS 🦁

samhubball
12-05-2018, 05:07 PM
Adama is desperate to show what we have "missed out on". Without wanting to jinx it - he is the same speedy tricky player with no end product.

Come on the Villa

MissWinnie
12-05-2018, 06:16 PM
That was a long 7 minutes!

Today's job done. Well done Villa :star:

We'll keep hoping, Rosie! :)

stateside
12-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Well done Villa.

sweeper5
12-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Well done today, keep it up for your home match and please put Pulis out. Of the four teams in the playoffs, yours is the better equiped, so I look forward to you lot joining the Wolves in the Prem. Don't forget though, we'll be back to sort you both out!!!!!

ozfan
12-05-2018, 11:51 PM
Bloody marvelous!

Exiledvillan
13-05-2018, 08:10 AM
Well done today, keep it up for your home match and please put Pulis out. Of the four teams in the playoffs, yours is the better equiped, so I look forward to you lot joining the Wolves in the Prem. Don't forget though, we'll be back to sort you both out!!!!!

Cheers Sweep, long way to go still.
I thought your lot were going to do it at the end. At least you went down in a ‘blaze of glory’, unlike our gutless mob. Momentum gained for the all important start of the season. Grab yourselves a striker and you’ll do very well next season.
Proper football in proper stadiums with proper fans. You’ll get the smell of Bovril, stale ale and dodgy burgers again, FABULOUS!!!
IF, IF, we do go up I’ll miss the place. After 6 years of weekly trepidation, boredom and
becoming blasé about football, I've been looking forward to the next match with optimism, excitement and renewed enthusiasm.

Go well Sweeper.

westcountryvillain
13-05-2018, 04:51 PM

Nice one Sweeper - as already has been said at least you went down fighting, if we do go up then I hope you're back up at the first attempt. Make sure you put our noisy neighbours in their place!

stateside
13-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Thanks Sweeper. Very nervous for Tuesday. Hopefully the crowd will be rocking and our players lifted.

I was really hoping Swansea and Southampton had drawn, but I didn't think you'd beat Palace as Hodgson and Zaha and co are on fire at the moment.

VillaRosie
15-05-2018, 06:23 PM
One change from Saturday’s team Bree in for injured ElMohamady.

Fingers crossed. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

bongosdad
15-05-2018, 08:44 PM
We're going to Wembely! Fantastic result

ozfan
15-05-2018, 08:59 PM
SJ was lucky to stay on but yes We're going to Wembley!!

sweeper5
15-05-2018, 10:33 PM
Well done tonight, it sounded a great atmosphere at Villa Park. However, I think you will have to play a lot better at Wembley to beat Fulham. Best of luck.

bongosdad
15-05-2018, 11:42 PM
I agree sweeper. Fulham are the in form team in the championship. On our day we can beat anyone though so I guess it depends what villa turns up.. Eg the way we beat wolves or get turned over by lesser opposition.
Blimey this game is huge! When is the Wembley match?

VillaRosie
16-05-2018, 07:47 AM
Bongo

Saturday 26th May. Kicks off 5.00pm.

freer
18-05-2018, 07:17 AM
Sam too many Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde performances this season

One week we comfortably dispose of Reading the following week we fail to turn up @ Carrot Rd

We give Wolves a trouncing, next 2 games half the team are sauntering around against Q P R & Bolton

If we apply ourselves for 270 minutes We are well capable beating Middlesbroo , Dirby or Fulaaam

I agree sweeper. Fulham are the in form team in the championship. On our day we can beat anyone though so I guess it depends what villa turns up.. Eg the way we beat wolves or get turned over by lesser opposition.
Blimey this game is huge! When is the Wembley match?

Erm…... let me think, did I hear this prior to your analytic observance ? http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/emb/t1806.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-emb.php)

yubbywelch
19-05-2018, 03:30 AM
0-0 full time, extra extra time then 11-10 Penalties then Villa to Premiership

samhubball
19-05-2018, 08:08 AM
John Terry header from a corner in the 6th minute of added time

ozfan
20-05-2018, 09:27 AM
0-0 full time, extra extra time then 11-10 Penalties then Villa to Premiership

Bloody hell Yubbs I couldn't survive that. 3-0 up at half time and I'd still be nervous :D