PDA

View Full Version : Now the dust has settled

picasso
27-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Big disappointment yesterday as all our expectations were high. A poor first half undid us but we rarely rested their goalkeeper in the second half either. Fulham proved to be the better team and to be honest, have been over the course of the season too, so good luck to them.

We have proved to be not quite good enough but I prefer to look at it with a positive spin. When you think where we were a couples of seasons ago, in free fall, a total disconnect between players and fans, to reach the play offs was as achievement in itself. Bruce may well play with negative tactics but he has turned this club around. We were in a very similar situation to Sunderland and could easily have experienced what is happening there.

So we have come up short, a lot of the loan players will be leaving and a change of direction will happen. But football will go on, matches will still be played and we still have quality players in Kodja, Chester, Adoma, Hourihane et al and even Jack may well stay for another season. I think only a bid from one of the top six would lure him away from his beloved Villa and, good as he is, I’m not sure he would get consistent game time at those clubs.

It will also be a chance for our younger players to emerge and we have some exciting talent there with Green and O’Hare to name just a couple. The likes of Bree, Hogan and Lansbury may also make their claim.

I’m optimistic for the future and this time next season could well be promoted with a younger and ultimately stronger squad.

Chin up guys, another roller coaster season in the Championship which, let’s face it has been fun. Keep the support coming and, as ever, UTV!

BaggieBlood
27-05-2018, 10:33 AM
You have to question Bruce, just throwing all the forwards on late in the game was exactly what lamburke did in the Bradford semi home game.

All the forwards being similar in game and stature.

Surely he could have put terry, with his aerial presence up there for the final 10 minutes.

stateside
27-05-2018, 12:36 PM
I'm good with us going the youth route, but it will mean struggling for the next two seasons. How many fans will start turning on these kids and how many will stop showing up?

If the fans stayed behind the club no matter what we could build something big, but all the fans do is infight. It was ridiculous after beating Boro! Just because of a pitch invasion.

westcountryvillain
27-05-2018, 07:25 PM
The pitch invasion certainly was a divisive issue, we'd won nothing and risk a hefty fine - the gloating towards Boro's travelling fans shows a lack of class. Look at the Real Madrid players consoling Liverpool's losing finalists.

I agree States that the infighting is big problem with us, some people can't seem to grasp that football is all about opinions and everyone has one. On Twitter a fan has commented that yesterday after clapping the players at the end he was shoved and spat on - we should all be able to disagree with each other with respect. I wonder why some even go to games as they moan no matter what.

BaggieBlood
27-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Wcv, get to admit you are absolutely correct about you lot celebrating when nothing has been achieved.

I remember being at your place when you beat us in fa cup qf and you lot celebrated like you'd won the world cup and premier league.

Your fans also assaulted some of our players trying to get off the pitch.

westcountryvillain
27-05-2018, 08:02 PM
Yes BB and your lot hurled seats down at fans seated below them including women & kids as well as vandalism in the concourse. I'm not excusing the behaviour of some of our support in any way here btw, just making the point that it's down to individuals and not the rest of us. All clubs have their idiots.

BaggieBlood
27-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Indeed we do wcv.

They were on about your game on talksport earlier today, and the opinion Mike parry and Co presenter was they sensed that like Prince William, you guys had a sense of entitlement yesterday.

Like i said before on here the exact same thing happened to us 10 years ago so I know the pain of so close but no cigar.

Next season should be fun in tier two. Both our teams will be rebuilt and another hard slog will begin.

westcountryvillain
27-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Fair play - at least you have 2 seasons of parachute payments to work with, for us this next season is going to be a massive challenge to compete as the loanees will be gone and I suspect Grealish will be snapped up. He's the player everyone loves to hate but his talent is there for all to see.

BaggieBlood
27-05-2018, 09:27 PM
Rumour is Leicester want him for 20m, so he may have to go whether he wants to or not.

The second tier is about getting the right combination of freed, tested prem players like James Collins with the best young talent on loan from the top 6 clubs like tammy Abraham at Bristol city, the year before last.

To say green and o'hare will rescue you is pie in the sky Imo.

And All this stuff about the second tier is harder to get out of since we last there is bull too, as it has always been hard and always will be.

We came down under God Megson and the next season lost our first game to Walsall 4 nil.

And what you say of your budget is not the death knell as Fulham went up in the 4th year, not that I want you to go up, of course.

1877wolf
27-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Same old coward.

Have a conversation on here but slag the villa posters off on your board. Daren't do it on here.....

What a complete tosser, bully, coward.

Reckon I'll look you up next time I'm back in the Midlands.

I'll let you know.

westcountryvillain
27-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Agree with all of that BB, one of the good things about this league is it's competitive with all teams able to beat each other on their day. The football isn't great though, very physical with the games coming thick & fast - it's a slog as not many play exciting football. Wolves & Fulham have been excellent though and good luck to them both.

For most fans in the PL, you'll see your team win far less games and it's more about survival so the likes of Shaun Dyche deserve loads of credit for their achievements.

BaggieBlood
27-05-2018, 10:28 PM
It's always been a slog, with the likes of warnock a king in it as he is the master of long ball and dirty tricks.

What gets me is that the other day a Birmingham snail football writer said that the championship was Infinitely harder than we were last there, like we just had to show up the previous 3 promotions and get our Fred pr pass.

Although still a slog, the likes of Cardiff and Millwall show that if you engender the right team spirit that can help make up the deficiencies in the squad.

We won promotion both ways under the God and Mowbray.

Our new manager helped engender the team spirit for our first 2 promotions and I hope he does it again.

freer
28-05-2018, 07:44 AM
Same old coward.

Have a conversation on here but slag the villa posters off on your board. Daren't do it on here.....

What a complete tosser, coward.

Bang on the money there Wolf

Just been had a shufti

The ignoramus is like an emotional grasshopper leaping between a schizophrenic smarmy insincere troll & the actual cowardly malicious item he is :confused:

1877wolf
28-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Bang on the money there Wolf

Just been had a shufti

The ignoramus is like an emotional grasshopper leaping between a schizophrenic smarmy insincere troll & the actual cowardly malicious item he is :confused:

XD

You've got the little dribbling tramp ranting again XD

Doesn't take much for the scumbag to show his true colours.

yubbywelch
28-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Woo Hoo Gabby wages goooone

BaggieBlood
28-05-2018, 11:33 AM
I know most of you ignore him anyway, but you should know a little bit about this dingle who suddenly appears on your board.

He has had multiple usernames, now reverting to an older one.

He's had more red cards than vinnie jones and he's destroyed his own bored which now sees less action then anne Widdecombe's minge.

He is a known racist and homophobe who has ridiculed our brave soldiers by taking the p iss out them having shell shock, this actual forum, the poor recipient was AiriesBaggie, who stopped posting after it.

He also referred to Albion as the faggies, and we lost our only openly gay poster jonnybigbanana.

He's here to cause unrest, as he does on wba mad.

A known liar who pretends to have been there at many concerts but who actually hasn't , and who has been called out about the lies by his so called own,

He doesn't go to games and hides behind the lie that he lives in Newcastle.

He is actually a well known vagrant in Wolverhampton, who used to live on a dual carriageway.

Just a warning to those of you of this malevolent being.

He's here because he literally has nothing else to do, posting on wba mad at 5am, etc, etc.

1877wolf
28-05-2018, 11:42 AM
XD XD XD

However does that keyboard even work with all the dribble and White Lightning on it?

Best rant yet, REALLY angry XD

BaggieBlood
28-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Wcv, come over to the baggies board anytime for a chat about football, and if you know anybody who is going to the world cup, let me as I could do with some advice.

freer
28-05-2018, 12:40 PM
Wcv, come over to the baggies board anytime for a chat about football, and if you know anybody who is going to the world cup, let me as I could do with some advice.

With the aid of an Enigma machine we may decipher what this incomprehensible garbage pertains to

I read Belgium, Germany, England, Spain, Poland, Iceland, Serbia, France, Portugal, Switzerland, Croatia, Sweden, & Denmark (amongst others) are going to the World cup :D

westcountryvillain
28-05-2018, 01:12 PM
From my perspective - if any fan wants to come on here and talk football then that's brilliant, I can remember having my spats with BBlood and B'al but it never got to a level that was beyond rivalry. The baiting is ruining these boards and we've lost a load of posters down the years, so if someone is grown-up enough to have a yarn then I'll do the same. Some Footymad boards are now inactive and we'll soon be the same the way we are going.

Freer - I do find your wit very funny (mostly) but to use schizophrenia and down's syndrome in some recent posts is bad taste pal.

I don't know anything of 1877wolf so won't comment but suffice to say it serves no purpose slagging each other off.

freer
28-05-2018, 01:36 PM
W C V

My comments

a) on “down syndrome” I was referring to an imaginary DOG

b) my remark was regarding a schizophrenic TROLL (the only real troll I recall was violently attacked by Billy Goat Gruff)

I apologise if you find my ailing choice of hypothetical/dreamed up adjectives in bad taste

freer :blue:

westcountryvillain
28-05-2018, 02:33 PM

Sorry I don't know of anyone who is going to the WC, hope it's a spectacle for all the right reasons and I'm sure you'll get the advice you need through the forums.

picasso
28-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Anyway, as I was saying......... financial fair play or not, I still think Bruce has the nouse to make us into one of the better teams in the Championship. A sprinkling of new canny loans and a few of our talented youngsters and voila. Looking forward to next season already >;)

BaggieBlood
28-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Wcv, nobody knows him that how he manages to claim benefits under various guises. That's why they call him the chameleon or was it something else beginning with a c.

To anyone offended "Sworry ".

1877wolf
28-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Just got in. Lovely day out today, lovely weather. Even got a bit sunburnt.

Amazed to see you are still are still sitting in your slum of a bedroom, curtains closed, still posting abuse at me all day.

Just another day, eh?

westcountryvillain
28-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Anyway, as I was saying......... financial fair play or not, I still think Bruce has the nouse to make us into one of the better teams in the Championship. A sprinkling of new canny loans and a few of our talented youngsters and voila. Looking forward to next season already >;)

I agree that Bruce has the know-how to win promotion, I also like him as a man, very genuine and measured. I don't like his football though, it's so predictable and he's a one dimensional manager in that respect which isn't enough for AVFC, doesn't make him a long term option. That said, Fulham won rave reviews for their football and their scoring stats weren't much better - maybe their manager was better tactically through the season.

UTV

samhubball
28-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Steve Bruce all the way for me. He has the experience to get us up. So.it wasn't our day on Saturday but it was a toss of a coin. There's so many teams looking for managers out there. If we aren't in the playoffs at Xmas then maybe reconsider - but we will be. And the bogrolls will be languishing at the foot of the table. **** entant cordial - those lot are classless and vitriolic to the utmost

1877wolf
28-05-2018, 08:04 PM
W C V

My comments

a) on “down syndrome” I was referring to an imaginary DOG

b) my remark was regarding a schizophrenic TROLL (the only real troll I recall was violently attacked by Billy Goat Gruff)

I apologise if you find my ailing choice of hypothetical/dreamed up adjectives in bad taste

freer :blue:

Freer,

Looking at baggieal's uncontrollable anger at your comment is very hypocritical indeed when you remember posts like his on this thread and you wonder how some have got the audacity to complain.

The nauseating grovelling apology almost makes up for it.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=37024940