PDA

View Full Version : Should we sell the name of the ground?

TrianonDave
31-05-2018, 04:46 PM
To raise some decent cash? Im hearing we may well sell BMH.

We need some finances just to keep us going, why is Xia not allowed to put cash in? Should we not employ Mendes from Wolves and do some dodgy dealings?

Or dare i say it, put the club up for sale?

samhubball
31-05-2018, 10:16 PM
Recon Park is what I'm guessing. Renaming and sponsoring Villa Park by Dr Xia's own company means we can buy who we like, we (eventually) we go up. And can then buy who we feel like and still live up to fifa fair play. Like the eitihad

bongosdad
01-06-2018, 07:37 AM
It's a shame if it happens but like what Sam said its all about money now.

afoxy52
01-06-2018, 09:38 AM
Why not rename it if the finance gained can combat FFP at this present time
Regards the title who really cares what it is named as it will always be known as Villa Park to us fans
Keep The Faith
UTV

Evewolf65
01-06-2018, 05:56 PM

We need some finances just to keep us going, why is Xia not allowed to put cash in? Should we not employ Mendes from Wolves and do some dodgy dealings?

What dodgy dealings would those be? And why would Mendes 'work' for Villa!

TrianonDave
01-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Pull the other one wolfie, we all know Mendes bankrolled the players wages so as not to break FFP rules, as if champions league players would drop to the 2nd tier on a Maximum 25k a week? I would love to see what bonuses were paid out!

Well dodgy But im not knocking it or Wolves for that matter. I would like our lot to do the same, after all man citeh have been doing the likes for years now!

I quite like the fact that wolves have got away with it and it also sticks one finger up to the establishment just like Liecester did.

I hope you guys take the prem by storm and we get to play you again in about 5 years time!

samhubball
01-06-2018, 08:51 PM
500/1 to win the prem. I'm having a tenner on that. Isn't Gabriel Jesus a Mendes man? On loan for the season??

Exiledvillan
02-06-2018, 10:28 AM

How about 'Recon Villa Park' or a real mouthfull, so much so that nobody would bother with the last 3 words, '
Villa Park, Sponsored by Recon'?

westcountryvillain
02-06-2018, 08:18 PM
When Newcastle were going through this I was counting my blessings it wasn't us as the name is sacrosanct to me, I'm in my late 40's and suspect that others in this generation and older may be the same? Whereas our traditions and history are a perhaps less important to younger fans?

Putting the passion/emotion/fandom aside - it is after all just a name, if it's merely a shot in the arm for the finances then I'm not in favour. If it generates regular income then it makes absolute sense to do it.

UTV

Exiledvillan
03-06-2018, 07:47 AM
I see your point WCV, in my mid 50s myself and love tradition. I hate the two tier Holte End and the new Trinity for instance. Villa Park has lost much of its uniqueness i.e. the Aston Villa clock face between the Trinity and Witton End/North Stand and the AV floodlights.
‘Villa Park, Sponsored by Recon' to me aint so bad considering other options such as ‘The Recon Stadium’ etc.
Back to the Holte, it was the biggest ‘Kop’ in Europe and was immense, rather like Spurs new ‘Home end’ will be. The Holte has been ruined for all time, so I can’t really see ‘Villa Park, Sponsored by Recon' for a couple of seasons doing any harm mate.

samhubball
03-06-2018, 08:24 AM
Who calls St James' the Sports Direct Arena? No one - even sky and bbc still call it St James' when they put it on screen.

A rebrand like that isn't too bad. However, doing what the Cardiff owners did is sacrilege! Changing the shirt colour! The blue birds who play in red! Ha

RECON VILLA FC playing at RECON Park in a shirt of red with a few yellow stars and VISIT CHINA on the front with "What are human rights? " on the back

TrianonDave
03-06-2018, 02:32 PM
If Xia sells BMH then the writing is on the wall im afraid.

westcountryvillain
03-06-2018, 08:35 PM
TD I'm not so sure - the HS2 rail link is a factor and he's looking to cash in, personally I don't really care where the players train.

Sam - me thinks you're in the "NO" camp? :)

samhubball
04-06-2018, 11:01 AM
According to The Sun, a consortium is planning an approach to buy the club from the Chinese billionaire.

The group is led by Matt Southall, a former football agent, and former Blackburn director of football operations, Paul Senior, is also involved.

The report says the consortium has held talks about buying two other Championship clubs in the past six months.

TrianonDave
04-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Had a feeling this was coming but may be a blessing? New owners will have a fresh start and can pump money in over 3 years.the only thing is the price, i think like Randy, he may cut and run!!

westcountryvillain
04-06-2018, 05:03 PM
I thought the whole purpose of FFP was that money can't be pumped in beyond a relative limit to the club's income and a club has to therefore live by its means?

TrianonDave
04-06-2018, 09:20 PM
You can pump as much money into the club as long as it is underwitten by the owners!
Obviously this is why doug went. Randy went and now Xia.....

You dont seriously think chelsea and man citeh make half a billion a year do you?
Xia cannot get money out of China and he aint going to bank roll the club with his money is he?

Just watch wolves splash the before a ball is kicked and they wont have had a penny off sky!

TrianonDave
04-06-2018, 09:22 PM
Splash the cash....

BaggieBlood
07-06-2018, 03:21 PM
I am sure dr no is trying to sell anything and everything to pay his tax bill.

I have heard caneston park will be new name for your ground, as it is full of irritating *****.

Only joking.

TrianonDave
08-06-2018, 07:41 PM
I do believe olbion have already started started shipping players out.....just the start ar kid, just the start...