PDA

View Full Version : OT BBC and gay proposals

Airborn Pie
31-05-2018, 05:06 PM
OK, yes a great day for actual football activities so I expect flak for this but what the heck.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-44313524/double-marriage-proposal-video-goes-viral

This is at least the third, gay marriage proposal that the BBC have put on their main page in the last few months including two blokes in a burger bar.

1. Why does the BBC think it's newsworthy

2. Why do they think anyone else is bothered?

jacobncfc
31-05-2018, 05:11 PM
OK, yes a great day for actual football activities so I expect flak for this but what the heck.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-44313524/double-marriage-proposal-video-goes-viral

This is at least the third, gay marriage proposal that the BBC have put on their main page in the last few months including two blokes in a burger bar.

1. Why does the BBC think it's newsworthy

It'll be because huge amounts of people watched the previous ones. That's basically how all online content is driven now.

SwalePie
31-05-2018, 05:13 PM
It'll be because huge amounts of people watched the previous ones. That's basically how all online content is driven now.

Yep, simples

Elite_Pie
31-05-2018, 06:59 PM

Could it possibly be that even though it's a complete non-story, it can still gain enough interest among some for one of them to raise a topic about it on something as random as an EFL League 2 messageboard?

LaxtonLad
31-05-2018, 07:10 PM

It's grabbed your attention, hasn't it?

Airborn Pie
31-05-2018, 07:24 PM
Could it possibly be that even though it's a complete non-story, it can still gain enough interest among some for one of them to raise a topic about it on something as random as an EFL League 2 messageboard?

As lovable as ever

Elite_Pie
31-05-2018, 07:47 PM
As lovable as ever

Strange that the post after mine said pretty much the same thing as I did.

Can you really not see that people just like you make a nothing story into a big story?

navypie
31-05-2018, 07:51 PM

I don't agree it's a " non story " I much prefer hearing about a couple of dykes getting engaged than Notts signing a striker that could potentially fire them to promotion . COYD.

Jeekay56
31-05-2018, 07:57 PM
I don't agree it's a " non story " I much prefer hearing about a couple of dykes getting engaged than Notts signing a striker that could potentially fire them to promotion . COYD.

You don't have to read the report. I didn't.

Notsohumblepie
31-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Apparently Paul O'Grady proposed to his dog .

LGBTQD ?

Elite_Pie
31-05-2018, 08:05 PM
You don't have to read the report. I didn't.

Exactly my point, just leave it to fade into the background and it will. Start a post with a link on such as an obscure football messageboard and you absolutely guarantee far more views than it would normally get.

navypie
31-05-2018, 08:05 PM
Apparently Paul O'Grady proposed to his dog .

LGBTQD ?
My wife's always telling me I love the dog more then her . Who am I to argue.

Jeekay56
31-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Exactly my point, just leave it to fade into the background and it will.

That's difficult when you have to share your opinion on absolutely everything.

LaxtonLad
31-05-2018, 08:50 PM
This is a non-interesting story about a tepid topic of the sort usually and typically pushed out by sid. We have three new signings and possibly one tomorrow of the sort we've been crying out for but someone thinks a story about the BBC's treatment of a gay marriage is much more interesting. HE thinks we ought to discuss it, I think it's immediately forgettable.

Elite_Pie
31-05-2018, 09:04 PM
HE thinks we ought to discuss it, I think it's immediately forgettable.

I suspect HE also thinks it's immediately forgettable.

Which makes you wonder why HE took the time and trouble to raise it on a footy messageboard as a topic for discussion!

Airborn Pie
31-05-2018, 09:16 PM
I suspect HE also thinks it's immediately forgettable.

Which makes you wonder why HE took the time and trouble to raise it on a footy messageboard as a topic for discussion!

It's was intended as a comment on the work of the BBC which has become more like a womens magazine, nothing more

tarquinbeech
31-05-2018, 09:22 PM
I must admit to be being a bit nervous around Gay people, they seem way too happy for my liking.....I was thinking of giving it a try a few years ago.....mainly because everyone else kept banging on about it, and how it was now socially acceptable......but luckily Miriam pulled her panties down and said " Tarquin, do you fancy a loosely wrapped kebab tonight?".....mmmmm....I'm banging in some calories now, I can tell you, halal of course.....pc-compliant kebabs, as befitting a new-age right-winger...highly recommend it